PDA

View Full Version : Broncos rookie Ronnie Hillman is NFL’s youngest

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2012, 07:03 PM
According to the NFL, Broncos rookie running back Ronnie Hillman is the youngest player in the league. Hillman, a third-round draft pick from San Diego State, turned 21 five days after the regular-season opener.

Hillman (5-foot-10, 190 pounds) enters Sunday’s game at Cincinnati coming off his best game as a pro. He rushed 14 times for 86 yards in the blowout win last weekend over New Orleans.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/11/02/broncos-rookie-ronnie-hillman-nfls-youngest/16593/

CrazyHorse
11-02-2012, 08:58 PM
So he's got 9 good years left then I presume.

Dzone
11-02-2012, 10:48 PM
We need more kids his age on the team.

MOtorboat
11-02-2012, 10:58 PM
We need more kids his age on the team.

Unfortunately, the NFL rules don't allow it.

DenBronx
11-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Unfortunately, the NFL rules don't allow it.

That's news to me. Is there a rule in the NFL that you can't have too many young players on one team?

Anyhow, Hillman is a guy who I think will get alot more carries as the year goes on. With his burst of speed I am anxiously waiting for him to break some very long runs.

MOtorboat
11-03-2012, 08:25 AM
That's news to me. Is there a rule in the NFL that you can't have too many young players on one team?

Anyhow, Hillman is a guy who I think will get alot more carries as the year goes on. With his burst of speed I am anxiously waiting for him to break some very long runs.

Because of the three years out of high school rule, you're not going to be drafting a lot of 20 year olds.

Hillman looked good against Swiss Saints. I hope he keeps it up, because he looked like he could be a very good change of pace from McGahee.

BroncoNut
11-03-2012, 08:31 AM
not to change the subject, but I didn't realize Peyton Hillis was now with KC

on Hillman. Good scat back, not a power runner, Good 2nd 2nd and third down back

Chef Zambini
11-03-2012, 11:56 AM
hillman, he will only go as far as his passing game skills take him. read blitz.
block.
catch the ball out of the backfield.
move to the slot and run the right route.
his future looks bright if he can light thjose bulbs.
i wish him well.
I like the track record of RBs with a san diego heritage.

Dzone
11-03-2012, 12:29 PM
They should allow kids to go from high school to the NFL. This rule smacks of communism and restricting free enterprise.

Ravage!!!
11-03-2012, 12:37 PM
They should allow kids to go from high school to the NFL. This rule smacks of communism and restricting free enterprise.

I'm glad they don't, and applauded the NFL for standing up to their rights and fought this in court.

Dzone
11-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Whos rights? I thought slavery was against the constitution. If an 18 year old is exceptionally gifted, he can make a good living in other types of work. Why should he be denied if he is capable of doing it in sports? Its not neurosurgery, its a game. A kid at 18 can go off and fight and die in a war but he cant play pro football?

Nomad
11-03-2012, 02:29 PM
You ok, Dzone?:lol:

Dzone
11-03-2012, 02:54 PM
You ok, Dzone?:lol:
LOL...I know I know, I should have used the red font when I posted that:lol:

Simple Jaded
11-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Whos rights? I thought slavery was against the constitution. If an 18 year old is exceptionally gifted, he can make a good living in other types of work. Why should he be denied if he is capable of doing it in sports? Its not neurosurgery, its a game. A kid at 18 can go off and fight and die in a war but he cant play pro football?

He can play pro football, just not in the NFL.......