PDA

View Full Version : What is a realistic expectation for the Broncos record at the end of the year?

sneakers
10-30-2012, 05:16 AM
12-4, 11-5?

What do you think is reasonable?

MileHighCrew
10-30-2012, 06:58 AM
My orange coloured glasses say 13-3

CrazyHorse
10-30-2012, 07:13 AM
Manning breaks his neck and we finish 4-12. Realistically though, I was thinking 10-6 at the beginning of the season. I still think that's around where we will end up. I'd love to go 13-3 and finish with first round bye though.

TXBRONC
10-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Realistically 11-5 is a very possible even 12-4 is realistic. Could we run the table and go 13-3 like MHC suggested? It's possible. I don't think that will happen it is possible.

UnderArmour
10-30-2012, 07:19 AM
13-3. We've already played all the tough teams on our schedule and Baltimore's D shouldn't be the same without Carr and Lewis. This team came together 2nd half against San Diego and should stay together all year and have another season like we did in 05 (except with a pass rush).

Our receivers have developed chemistry with Manning and our O-coordinator pulled his head from his ass and is running the no-huddle full time now. We've got some talented first and second year players starting to make plays in Chris Harris(an absolute stud), Derick Wolfe, Ronnie Hillman, and Virgil Green. If I'm another team on our schedule I would not want to play us.

Skinny
10-30-2012, 07:28 AM
11-5 is my crystal ball guess but i could see 12-4 being realistic the way were coming together. I doubt we run the table though.

Nomad
10-30-2012, 07:32 AM
I said 9-7 at the beginning of the year but I'll say 10-6 to end the year.

catfish
10-30-2012, 07:38 AM
11-5 or 12-4 depending on how the ball bounces, I must say much better than I thought it would be. You guys look like a real superbowl contender

ATLbroNCO
10-30-2012, 08:15 AM
12-4. I think we either lose the Baltimore game (they have had our number as of late) or one of the remaining division games... Division opponents usually play us pretty tough and will look to spoil our success.

Nomad
10-30-2012, 08:20 AM
12-4. I think we either lose the Baltimore game (they have had our number as of late) or one of the remaining division games... Division opponents usually play us pretty tough and will look to spoil our success.

I agree. I see the BRONCOS losing to Baltimore, one of the division games, and perhaps one of those other early games. That should put them at 10-6.

MasterShake
10-30-2012, 08:25 AM
I picked us going 11-5 so I will stick with that. Short of an injury bug things are trending up in my opinion. If we stay healthy and Manning and the defense continues to improve, the only games I can see losing just because of history (early east coast games, etc.) are The Bengals and Ravens. Tampa Bay could be a tough game the way they have been playing, but having them at home could help. I see no reason we can't sweep the division at this point. Its bad. I mean, really bad. Our closest competition is the Raiders at this point and we already smoked them. I know its a game by game league, but I expect we do the same in Oakland.

CoachChaz
10-30-2012, 08:37 AM
I love it when someone says "could be 13-3...12-4 is reasonable...11-5 is doable...10-6 is what I predict".

Loosely translated, of course. LOL

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2012, 09:02 AM
10-6

I do think we will have a game or 2 letdown, or maybe we just get outplayed.

vandammage13
10-30-2012, 09:03 AM
10-6/11-5...schedule looks very winnable from here on out, but we'll drop 1 or 2 we should win.

Dzone
10-30-2012, 09:41 AM
16-3. Lombardi trophy

Ravage!!!
10-30-2012, 10:03 AM
I think 10-6.. but 11-5 obviously isn't outside of reach and woudln't surprise me with Manning.

UnderArmour
10-30-2012, 10:16 AM
For those saying 10-6 or 11-5, realistically who else is going to beat us? We dropped 3 games to Atlanta, Houston, and New England early in the year but in all 3 games we made a second half surge and were one possession away from winning. If we didn't forget to show up for the first half of games, this team could be undefeated right now. Of those three losses, Atlanta is the only team similar to us in the sense they have no one major strength or weakness that defines their team to be exploited and we only lost there because of turnovers. Baltimore is the same way but I don't expect us to be polished by that point to not make those kinds of mistakes.

We should be favored to win the rest of our schedule presuming injuries do not become a factor. 13-3 or 12-4 is realistic.

CoachChaz
10-30-2012, 10:27 AM
For those saying 10-6 or 11-5, realistically who else is going to beat us? We dropped 3 games to Atlanta, Houston, and New England early in the year but in all 3 games we made a second half surge and were one possession away from winning. If we didn't forget to show up for the first half of games, this team could be undefeated right now. Of those three losses, Atlanta is the only team similar to us in the sense they have no one major strength or weakness that defines their team to be exploited and we only lost there because of turnovers. Baltimore is the same way but I don't expect us to be polished by that point to not make those kinds of mistakes.

We should be favored to win the rest of our schedule presuming injuries do not become a factor. 13-3 or 12-4 is realistic.

Realistic...but not likely. We play a slew of teams that could have a "good day" and/or we could just simply have a let down. Happens all the time. Did Patriot fans look at Arizona on the schedule and worry about them? No. Muych like we arent currently worrying about Carolina or Tampa Bay, etc.

Ravage!!!
10-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Yes.. "favored" to win is right. But how many upsets were there this last weekend? The NFL is so close now days, that the "lines" are usually around 3-5 points. I'm not saying we won't be favored on nearly.. if not all... the games for the rst of the season, but we WILL lose another 1-2 games. it just happens. I would LOVE that we don't, but I think its more realistic to see that we most probably will lose to a team we shouldn't (just as every team in the NFL except the Falcons has), than to think we won't.

CoachChaz
10-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Yes.. "favored" to win is right. But how many upsets were there this last weekend? The NFL is so close now days, that the "lines" are usually around 3-5 points. I'm not saying we won't be favored on nearly.. if not all... the games for the rst of the season, but we WILL lose another 1-2 games. it just happens. I would LOVE that we don't, but I think its more realistic to see that we most probably will lose to a team we shouldn't (just as every team in the NFL except the Falcons has), than to think we won't.

Which...in reality...could be a good thing. Gotta know where you need the most work before the playoffs start.

Gyro
10-30-2012, 11:25 AM
I say 11-5. May very well be good enough for a 1st round bye (The game against Baltimore may be massive). I find it difficult to bet against a team with a top 5 QB, a top 5 offense, and a D with top 10 statistics (realistically they are just a little above average though). However, turnovers and bone head mistakes have been a problem in special teams and for some of the younger guys. McGahee has also caught the fumble bug again.

I think they have a game or two wherein this mistakes rear their ugly head once again. Still, would be a remarkable finish to the season. This team is so fun to watch right now.

jhildebrand
10-30-2012, 11:32 AM
12-4 with the only additional loss being to Baltimore. #1 or #2 seed in PO's

11-5 at the very, very worst.

Ravage!!!
10-30-2012, 11:32 AM
I made the comment when McGahee went in for the short TD, that he better cover up that ball better...because even with 2 hands he wasn't holding onto the ball with the second. He's very poor as far as protecting the football... and Hillis.... dropped it twice. That should be SUCh a huge part of practices now days in Denver...

NightTerror218
10-30-2012, 11:46 AM
I am going to go 11-5 with 1 random loss against a team we should win. We are not a perfect team and we need to be consistent with playing mistake free.

LTC Pain
10-30-2012, 12:52 PM
10-6 and we get into the 2nd round of the playoffs at least.

slim
10-30-2012, 01:08 PM
10-6

MasterShake
10-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Someone brought up the possibility today of the Broncos finishing with a 3 seed and the Colts with a 6. Can you imagine the hype surrounding a wild card game between Luck and Manning?

NightTerror218
10-30-2012, 01:26 PM

we should be favored, but any given sunday. And a game with mistakes can cost us a game. We are not close to a mistake free football team.

Day1BroncoFan
10-30-2012, 05:33 PM
I say we get 9 or 10 wins like I said before. That can change if we play every game like we played the last 1.5 games. I hope for better.

Dean
10-30-2012, 05:49 PM
At the beginning of the season I thought that PFM would heal most of our wounds and we would go 10-6. We are a game ahead of what I expected right now. So. . . maybe 11-5 will be the regular season record.

sneakers
10-30-2012, 06:03 PM
10-6 peeps, look at the rest of the schedule, and tell me how we are going to get 3 more losses out of it

NightTerror218
10-30-2012, 06:06 PM
10-6 peeps, look at the rest of the schedule, and tell me how we are going to get 3 more losses out of it

Any given sunday and shit happens. As long as we make the playoffs I am happy.

Day1BroncoFan
10-30-2012, 06:08 PM
We win the division any way you look at it unless we have a complete melt down or an inury at a key postion.

NightTerror218
10-30-2012, 06:26 PM
We win the division any way you look at it unless we have a complete melt down or an inury at a key postion.

and the sad/funny thing is the raiders are the closest competition.

Hawgdriver
10-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Realistic and end of season are hard to combine for me. One week at a time.

Chef Zambini
10-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Manning breaks his neck and we finish 4-12. Realistically though, I was thinking 10-6 at the beginning of the season. I still think that's around where we will end up. I'd love to go 13-3 and finish with first round bye though.bingo! I too had the broncos at 10-6 before the start of the season. to finish out undefeated is reasonable and possible.
But a loss to baltimore is 'traditional' and a few bad plays in a single game could trip us up as well.
win the division,solid.
HFA, we would need a loan.
11-5 my new prediction.
2 more losses along the way, one of them, most likely baltimore.

BroncoWave
10-31-2012, 11:35 AM
I think we go 12-4. There isn't another team on our schedule who can keep up with our offense IMO. We'll drop one somewhere, but I like our chances in every game.

Northman
10-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Before the Saints win i said 11-5. Now it could be 12-4 but thats so as long as Denver doesnt have any hiccups. Maybe even 13-3 with the Ravens hurting a bit.

TXBRONC
10-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Realistic...but not likely. We play a slew of teams that could have a "good day" and/or we could just simply have a let down. Happens all the time. Did Patriot fans look at Arizona on the schedule and worry about them? No. Muych like we arent currently worrying about Carolina or Tampa Bay, etc.

The remaining schedule is favorable but doesn't guarantee victory. We as fans can be dismissive all we want because we're not the ones going out onto the field. As long the team doesn't I have confidence they will have a lot success.

TXBRONC
10-31-2012, 11:53 AM
I think we go 12-4. There isn't another team on our schedule who can keep up with our offense IMO. We'll drop one somewhere, but I like our chances in every game.

The Ravens and the Bengals are capable of it.

NightTerror218
10-31-2012, 12:00 PM
I think prior to the season I had us at 10-6 with losses to ATL, HOU, NE, NO, Bal, and SD.

BroncoWave
10-31-2012, 12:00 PM
The Ravens and the Bengals are capable of it.

The Bengals don't scare me a bit. I would be shocked if we drop this one. With Champ on AJ how exactly is their offense supposed to keep up with ours? We just shut down a Saints offense that I would say is better than Cincy's.

MasterShake
10-31-2012, 12:20 PM
The Bengals don't scare me a bit. I would be shocked if we drop this one. With Champ on AJ how exactly is their offense supposed to keep up with ours? We just shut down a Saints offense that I would say is better than Cincy's.

Same here. Take away Green and they got nothing. The only drawback is the early start.

slim
10-31-2012, 12:26 PM

Early eastern games will bite us. At least once or twice.

Northman
10-31-2012, 12:39 PM

Agreed. We beat them twice with Orton at QB. Im not worried at all.

Ravage!!!
10-31-2012, 01:34 PM
The remaining schedule is favorable but doesn't guarantee victory. We as fans can be dismissive all we want because we're not the ones going out onto the field. As long the team doesn't I have confidence they will have a lot success.

Exactly, and the favored team isn't exactly racking up the wins throughout the NFL on a week-to-week basis. Upsets happen every Sunday. 3 Losses feels like a LOT right now considering how the team is playing and how the schedule looks....but its not like its a large leap.

Not to mention we still have 4 more divisional games to play. I don't care HOW bad a team is inside your division, those are usually hard to come by, and very hard to sweep. SD and chiefs still at their stadium.... don't count those as wins purely because their teams aren't good right now.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
10-31-2012, 02:38 PM
SD and chiefs still at their stadium.... don't count those as wins purely because their teams aren't good right now.

I think you mean Oakland and KC at their stadium. I like our chances at home against the Chargers. The wind appears to be out of their sails.

TXBRONC
10-31-2012, 04:01 PM

And we were at home when we did it being on the road can make difference.

It's not that don't think Denver can win but I don't think it's walk in the park.

Chef Zambini
10-31-2012, 05:26 PM
if we treat Any GAME like a "walk in the park"
we will get mugged !

BroncoWave
10-31-2012, 06:25 PM
And we were at home when we did it being on the road can make difference.

It's not that don't think Denver can win but I don't think it's walk in the park.

The best team Cincinnati has beaten in the last two seasons was 9-7 Tennessee last year. They simply do not beat good teams, even at home. This would be our worst loss of the season if we lose. Assuming Champ takes care of AJ, I just don't see what the Bengals have on offense that can hurt us.

BroncoWave
10-31-2012, 06:26 PM
if we treat Any GAME like a "walk in the park"
we will get mugged !

Luckily I'm a fan and can treat any game I want as a walk in the park and it will have no impact on the outcome.

DenBronx
10-31-2012, 10:57 PM
I think the very least we lose is 1 game and the very most is 3. Anywhere between 10-6 and 13-3 should be the final record. 12 or 13 wins I think will get us 1st or 2nd seed depending on if Houston can keep it up. I see the Pats losing more games than Houston. Not every game is a gimmie but I think we will sweep the AFCW. The only team that really worries me is Balt but now they lost Lewis and Webb for the season not to mention their offense hasnt looked scary at all. I think our defense shuts them down and our offense will be too much for a beat up Ravens defense.

It would be nice to go on a really really long win streak. Manning has done that many times in his career and the more time he gets with these WRs then look out NFL!!!

109 QBR.....better than Brady and Rogers. Manning for MVP AND Comeback Player of the Year!!

Dapper Dan
10-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Somewhat relevant.

I was just glancing over our past games. We haven't lost a game by more than 10 and our wins have all been by more than 10. Our closest win was to SD, in which it was 24-0 at the half.

Canmore
11-01-2012, 12:41 AM
I said 10-6 before the season started. Realistically, I don't see 3 losses even though we have a number of road games and some early starts. Somewhere though I feel we will drop 1 or 2 games even though we may well be favored in every game left and that includes the Ravens. 11-5 or 12-4. My gut says 11-5. Don't know how accurate that is.

TXBRONC
11-01-2012, 08:38 AM
The best team Cincinnati has beaten in the last two seasons was 9-7 Tennessee last year. They simply do not beat good teams, even at home. This would be our worst loss of the season if we lose. Assuming Champ takes care of AJ, I just don't see what the Bengals have on offense that can hurt us.

They have a solid tight end in Gresham and there is one thing still has been a problem for the us is match up problems with good tight ends.

Dapper Dan
11-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Them bangals ain't never beat Peyton.

DenBronx
11-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Somewhat relevant.

I was just glancing over our past games. We haven't lost a game by more than 10 and our wins have all been by more than 10. Our closest win was to SD, in which it was 24-0 at the half.

Even in our losses we have been in every game this year. I think agains Atlanta Manning was just shaking off the rust and Houston we just had way to many costly turnovers. But in the end we still had a shot to beat them as well as the Pats. No blowouts.....and as the season goes on I think Manning will drop a 50 point game on someone.....possibly the Browns.

BroncoWave
11-01-2012, 08:38 PM
They have a solid tight end in Gresham and there is one thing still has been a problem for the us is match up problems with good tight ends.

We've improved against TEs lately. Graham and Gates didn't do much against us the last two weeks. Both of those guys are better than Gresham.

I dunno, maybe there is something I'm not seeing, but I'm just not worried about this game. The Bengals just don't beat good teams. In the Bengals last 56 games, they have beaten exactly TWO playoff teams, both of those coming in 2010.

Dapper Dan
11-02-2012, 05:23 AM
We've improved against TEs lately. Graham and Gates didn't do much against us the last two weeks. Both of those guys are better than Gresham.

I dunno, maybe there is something I'm not seeing, but I'm just not worried about this game. The Bengals just don't beat good teams. In the Bengals last 56 games, they have beaten exactly TWO playoff teams, both of those coming in 2010.

Damn. How many Tight Ends do we face with a last name that starts with G? Graham, Gresham, Gates, Gonzales, Gronkowski, Graham(Texans).

catfish
11-02-2012, 12:11 PM
I think 10-6.. but 11-5 obviously isn't outside of reach and woudln't surprise me with Manning.

I guess it depends on if last game is indicative of the rest of the year, but if that same team shows up each week I don't see them losing. Manning is having an ridiculous year and the D is out of their mind

Joel
11-04-2012, 07:25 AM
9-7±1

Baltimore, Cincy and probably 2 division games, maybe more. Assuming we beat Carolina and Tampa (and while we were destroying the Saints the Bucs were doing the same to the Vikings.) A solid win over Cincy would convince me we're legit; predicting a playoff run now seems a bit pollyanna for a team that's been down 20+ points in more than half its games.

Even in our losses we have been in every game this year. I think agains Atlanta Manning was just shaking off the rust and Houston we just had way to many costly turnovers. But in the end we still had a shot to beat them as well as the Pats. No blowouts.....and as the season goes on I think Manning will drop a 50 point game on someone.....possibly the Browns.
I'm not calling you out or anything, man, but really wish people would stop saying stuff like this, because I just don't think it's true. Atlanta beat us before the end of the first quarter; turnovers were critical, but losing the turnover battle is one of the key things that separates good teams from bad. Houston and NE beat us by half time, and if SD hadn't collapsed before our Ds onslaught they would've done the same.

Four teams beat the tar out of us, then played prevent and ran the ball to protect it while killing the second half clock. That worked 3/4 times; the exception being when our D killed SDs prevent by allowing just 2.4 YPA running and forcing turnovers. THAT is why we clawed our way back to within a TD to make the Texans and Falcons' thrashing look respectable on paper, and "only" lost to NE by 10. It doesn't prove we're good, it proves prevent works as long as you don't do something stupid (e.g. Romo and Rivers handing beaten opponents two second half TDs to blow a 24 point lead for the second and third time in NFL history.)

gregbroncs
11-04-2012, 10:28 AM
I think 12-4 is highly likely right now. I would actually be dissappointed with anything less than 11-5. With their remaining schedule losing more than 2 of those games would be underachieving for this team.

MasterShake
11-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I think 12-4 is highly likely right now. I would actually be dissappointed with anything less than 11-5. With their remaining schedule losing more than 2 of those games would be underachieving for this team.

Tampa Bay is suddenly raising some alarms for me. Have to remind myself that they put up those numbers against the Raiders. But still...

slim
11-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Still 10-6

Nomad
11-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Carolina

Foochacho
11-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Not worried about Carolina at all. The way our secondary and line is stepping up Cam is going to get ate alive. Tampa is scary, Baltimore is always scary if healthy. Divisional games can be tough but chargers are probably the only team that could give us a loss. I think we could win out but that is hard to do. We should beat any team on this schedule but we will probably beat ourselves 1 or 2 more times. Either way the division is ours and hopefully a first round bye.

NightTerror218
11-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Not worried about Carolina at all. The way our secondary and line is stepping up Cam is going to get ate alive. Tampa is scary, Baltimore is always scary if healthy. Divisional games can be tough but chargers are probably the only team that could give us a loss. I think we could win out but that is hard to do. We should beat any team on this schedule but we will probably beat ourselves 1 or 2 more times. Either way the division is ours and hopefully a first round bye.

Have to contain Cam. They are coming off a win and they could run us to death if they could actually take advantage of their offense correctly. I think Smith will be shut out by Champ. However their running game could hurt us a lot if they went heavy and isolated Cam arm as their offensive weakness.

ATLbroNCO
11-05-2012, 03:13 PM
I think against TB it will be all about the run defense, and then can we get off the field on 3rd and 4-6 yards. Their RB is coming on strong (that is an understatement). I think it would be a shame if we finished anywhere below 11 wins, but I think that 12 is a definite possibility. 13 wins, now that is a stretch.
Expecting any team to go on an 11-0 stretch is asking for near perfection. Can it happen, yes. Will it happen? It seems to me there are heavy odds against us... If you just look at the probability of winning 11 games in a row (which I do not know if there is a definitive number), it cannot be favorable.

TXBRONC
11-05-2012, 09:27 PM
First things first, Denver has to take care of business against the Panthers.

NightTerror218
11-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Just say a quote from Riveria about asked how to stop Manning

"Boy, I tell you what, hope he has a bad day," Rivera said. "He is who he is."

That is not much confidence in his defense at all.

jhildebrand
12-30-2012, 07:33 PM
12-4 with the only additional loss being to Baltimore. #1 or #2 seed in PO's

11-5 at the very, very worst.

The #1 seed it is :salute:

Dzone
12-30-2012, 07:37 PM
16-3. Lombardi trophy
Ya, I said that on October 30...its going to happen

Skinny
12-30-2012, 07:40 PM
11-5 is my crystal ball guess but i could see 12-4 being realistic the way were coming together. I doubt we run the table though.Well shut my mouth.

tomjonesrocks
12-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Doesn't look like I replied, but I will own 9-7 or 10-6.

SD was a lot worse than I expected. I gave Denver's opponents this year too much respect. And I simply had no clue Denver could get this good this fast. This is a great roster! I didn't see it.

MileHighCrew
12-30-2012, 08:00 PM
My orange coloured glasses say 13-3

it appears my glasses were more of a crystal ball

SR
12-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Well shut my mouth.

I didn't think Denver would win out either.

Northman
12-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Before the Saints win i said 11-5. Now it could be 12-4 but thats so as long as Denver doesnt have any hiccups. Maybe even 13-3 with the Ravens hurting a bit.

Im a real Nostrildamus....

DenBronx
12-30-2012, 08:35 PM
I think the very least we lose is 1 game and the very most is 3. Anywhere between 10-6 and 13-3 should be the final record. 12 or 13 wins I think will get us 1st or 2nd seed depending on if Houston can keep it up. I see the Pats losing more games than Houston. Not every game is a gimmie but I think we will sweep the AFCW. The only team that really worries me is Balt but now they lost Lewis and Webb for the season not to mention their offense hasnt looked scary at all. I think our defense shuts them down and our offense will be too much for a beat up Ravens defense.

It would be nice to go on a really really long win streak. Manning has done that many times in his career and the more time he gets with these WRs then look out NFL!!!

109 QBR.....better than Brady and Rogers. Manning for MVP AND Comeback Player of the Year!!

I'm a damn good football prophet!!!! You phags need to quit arguing with me!

FanInAZ
12-30-2012, 09:11 PM
I guess I didn't chime in on this thread. Looking at our last 11 games, every one of them (except the Ravens) looked inferior to the Broncos at the time. However, the Broncos were playing so inconsistent at the time that they looked like they could finish anywhere between 7-9 & 12-4. That's why I was reluctant to make any predictions at that time.

Skinny
12-30-2012, 09:15 PM
I didn't think Denver would win out either.I don't think we'll win the Super Bowl either.

SR
12-30-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't think we'll win the Super Bowl either.

No chance

CrazyHorse
12-30-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm revising my prediction. I say 16-3.

NightTerror218
12-30-2012, 09:29 PM
I am going to go 11-5 with 1 random loss against a team we should win. We are not a perfect team and we need to be consistent with playing mistake free.

Glad to be wrong

Chef Zambini
12-31-2012, 01:47 AM
Im a real Nostrildamus....NORTHstradamus !

Chef Zambini
12-31-2012, 01:49 AM
nice job sneakers, fun thread !

Joel
12-31-2012, 11:39 AM
I freely admit blowing this one, but it doesn't exactly disappoint me. With the Texans D limping around and forced to play next week, then on the road (if there IS a "then,") the Vikings forced to play Green Bay again next week in Lambeau without their two best DBs and one of their best remaining WRs, and Romo choking the Cowboys out of the postseason yet again, Denver is about all I've got.

Here's hoping they're enough, because I don't see the Vikings or Texans going all the way, and the Falcons and Seahawks are about the only other playoff teams I can stand.