PDA

View Full Version : Broncos stats-stuffer Wesley Woodyard making most of his starting role

Davii
10-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Former Broncos safety Brian Dawkins was beaming Sunday night in the Denver locker room, just as any mentor would after watching a pupil find success.

"That guy is ballin'!" Dawkins told reporters.

Dawkins, who remains a Denver-area resident and is doing some work for a local television station, was referring to Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard, who stuffed the stats sheet in a 34-14 blowout of New Orleans.

Good story on Woody, he had a great game last night.

Link (http://m.denverpost.com/denverpost/pm_119194/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=2XAWG1xX)

UnderArmour
10-30-2012, 07:12 AM
This guy is such a playmaker that it's just hard to keep this guy off the field. I was so nervous in the offseason that Oakland was going to run in and pay him or we just weren't going to be able to re-sign him. Their loss; Woodyard was a beast last year and he's a beast this year.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Former Broncos safety Brian Dawkins was beaming Sunday night in the Denver locker room, just as any mentor would after watching a pupil find success.

"That guy is ballin'!" Dawkins told reporters.

Dawkins, who remains a Denver-area resident and is doing some work for a local television station, was referring to Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard, who stuffed the stats sheet in a 34-14 blowout of New Orleans.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21884762/broncos-stats-stuffer-woodyard-making-most-his-starting

Dzone
10-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Woodyard should be in the pro bowl!

Dapper Dan
10-30-2012, 10:35 AM

@psmyth12: Woodyard is the only Bronco in team history to have 50+tackles & multi INTs/sacks before the midway point of a season.

Thnikkaman
10-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Maybe I need to get a Woodyard jersey instead of a Miller jersey.

BigDaddyBronco
10-30-2012, 10:44 AM
He really had a great game on Sunday. He was everywhere.

Where does DJ play when he comes back? MLB?

Davii
10-30-2012, 10:51 AM
He really had a great game on Sunday. He was everywhere.

Where does DJ play when he comes back? MLB?

With the way Woody has been playing he might play behind him!

Ravage!!!
10-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Dj might play MLB, but he's still better than Woodyard. However, that being said, woodyard has done pretty well while in the lineup, so it would be hard to simply take him off the field. If DJ does come into practice, and shows that he truly is the better player at the position, then DJ should be right where he belongs... as the WLB. Maybe in nickle, he slides to MLB and Woodyard at WLB. Will be interesting.

CoachChaz
10-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Woodyard is perfect for our offense. Sounds silly, but considering the strong passing offense we now possess, it will require teams to maintain a pass first mentality as well. That's where Woodyard comes in. Despite his tackle totals, he's not as strong against the run as DJ or others, but he is perfectly suited for a pass defense and will continue to excel in his role as long as our offense keeps a lead.

Ravage!!!
10-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Woodyard is perfect for our offense. Sounds silly, but considering the strong passing offense we now possess, it will require teams to maintain a pass first mentality as well. That's where Woodyard comes in. Despite his tackle totals, he's not as strong against the run as DJ or others, but he is perfectly suited for a pass defense and will continue to excel in his role as long as our offense keeps a lead.

Which is why I was thinking that DJ MIGHT be in on first two downs at WLB, and then slide to MLB on nickle.. putting Woodyard in on passing downs

CoachChaz
10-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Which is why I was thinking that DJ MIGHT be in on first two downs at WLB, and then slide to MLB on nickle.. putting Woodyard in on passing downs

Definitely. We have a few running teams on the schedule and we could start out with Von, Brooking and DJ on the field. If we get the lead and teams resort to the passing game, bring WW in and slide DJ to the middle. Definitely a good problem to have

Italianmobstr7
10-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Pretty stoked to get his autograph after the game. He's a good player & a good guy.

Simple Jaded
10-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Hopefully Williams comes back with a severe case of redass and ready to Fsu.......

shank
10-31-2012, 08:22 AM
i think putting dj at mike gives us the best combination possible. i don't want woodyard off the field - he's the firey leader we all want at mike, he just plays will. Dj will improve the MLB spot and keep woodyard on the field.