PDA

View Full Version : Do'nt go ape shit crazy over the defense's performance tonight.

horsepig
10-29-2012, 12:15 AM
The Saints recievers dropped a bunch tonight. Give Brees four more first downs throughout the game and things might have been different. Manning was so effing hot it probably wouildn't have mattered, but they did have a lot of drops.

Poet
10-29-2012, 12:18 AM
I saw some holds on Dumervil and Miller that weren't called tonight. If they were called and it set them up to rush the passer even more it may have mattered.

I just like playing Devil's advocate.

Northman
10-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Well, its two fold. The whole idea is the Denver defense is bend but dont break. In a lot of losses this year the offense put us in terrible situations with turnovers. The reason we got Manning is so that our offense can put opposing pressure on opposing offenses/defenses which is what happened tonight. But... cant disregard plays that defense did make tonight along with what they did vs SD. It isnt the 2000 Ravens defense, but as long as our offense continues to score in the 30's we should be fine.

jhildebrand
10-29-2012, 12:25 AM
I saw some holds on Dumervil and Miller that weren't called tonight. If they were called and it set them up to rush the passer even more it may have mattered.

I just like playing Devil's advocate.

^^^This^^^ And Brees is just wicked accurate. The drops were in part because of the pressure.

Denver wont face another Brees/Manning type QB until they are the #1 seed in the PO's.

Timmy!
10-29-2012, 12:41 AM
:apeshitcrazy:

Simple Jaded
10-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Punt
Punt
Punt
TD
Int
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
TD
End of Game

.......against the #3 scoring offense.

Nah, I'm actually leaning toward going ape shit crazy over the defenses performance tonight.......

horsepig
10-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Well, its two fold. The whole idea is the Denver defense is bend but dont break. In a lot of losses this year the offense put us in terrible situations with turnovers. The reason we got Manning is so that our offense can put opposing pressure on opposing offenses/defenses which is what happened tonight. But... cant disregard plays that defense did make tonight along with what they did vs SD. It isnt the 2000 Ravens defense, but as long as our offense continues to score in the 30's we should be fine.

I don't know about the bend/don't break thing North. This defense is starting to look like an attack and kill unit.

Dapper Dan
10-29-2012, 12:59 AM
The Saints recievers dropped a bunch tonight. Give Brees four more first downs throughout the game and things might have been different. Manning was so effing hot it probably wouildn't have mattered, but they did have a lot of drops.

It's the players and staff's job to stay calm. Ima go ape shit crazy all night, until this Orange Crush sugar rush wears off.

jhildebrand
10-29-2012, 01:08 AM
I went apeshit crazy. Now I am out of fat tire (my go to). Moved on to my remaining Sam Adams Octoberfest (the one sam adams that doesnt taste like every other sam adams).

Northman
10-29-2012, 01:47 AM
I don't know about the bend/don't break thing North. This defense is starting to look like an attack and kill unit.

Ill agree with you when i see some more consistency in that regard. There are a lot of times yet when they really dont play up to that standard.

Dapper Dan
10-29-2012, 01:49 AM
Driving that train, high on cocaine,
Casey Jones you better watch your speed.

Chef Zambini
10-29-2012, 02:44 AM
I was very impressed with our defense tonight!
what a shame we dont have 2 weeks to prepare against every team we face.
Our defense plays better without porter.
Our coaches made second half adjustments before the game started. our players were in position and honoring their assignments the entire game.
I am inpressed.
I have always been ape shit crazy.

horsepig
10-29-2012, 03:20 AM
OK, apeshit crazy it is! Go Broncos!!!

MasterShake
10-29-2012, 08:09 AM
OK, apeshit crazy it is! Go Broncos!!!

Exactly. We have the best team we've had in a long time. I'm not going to nitpick the short window we have with Manning, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it. Most of that game was boring last night and I loved every minute of it. For the first time in a long time I wasn't worried about getting off the field on 3rd down on Defense. You hold ANY NFL team under 17 points you are going to win a lot of games, I don't care how you do it.

BeefStew25
10-29-2012, 08:10 AM
Everybody just chill the **** out

TXBRONC
10-29-2012, 09:05 AM
I guess I'll have to watch the game again because I don't remember that many drops by Saints receivers. I do however, remember Brees being off target all night long for various reasons. He short hopped some passes, was wide on a few passes, and on atleast two or three occassions he over threw his receivers. There we're also several well defended passes.

broncofaninfla
10-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Bottom line is the best team won last night. Offense, defense and special teams all came through. Solid team win.

weazel
10-29-2012, 10:18 AM
I went apeshit crazy. Now I am out of fat tire (my go to). Moved on to my remaining Sam Adams Octoberfest (the one sam adams that doesnt taste like every other sam adams).

hmmm... how many of the Sam Adams have you had? they have a lot of different tasting beers. You might wanna brush your teeth JH

CoachChaz
10-29-2012, 10:25 AM
There were a fair share of drops. Henderson dropped an easy one where he beat Champ. Graham alone seemed to drop 3 or 4.

I think if there is anything we should be wary of going "crazy" about, it's the performances of Hillman and Green. Keep in mind, we played the most pathetic defense in the NFL. Won't be quite this easy every week

Northman
10-29-2012, 10:31 AM
I guess the Saints receivers suck worse than the Broncos.................. *snicker*

Day1BroncoFan
10-29-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm ASC over the whole team right now. If we can play at this level and improve, there isn't much anyone can do to stop us.

hotcarl
10-29-2012, 11:10 AM
im going apeshit

Nomad
10-29-2012, 11:18 AM
BRONCOS defense allowing Saints to score in the 4th quarter was unacceptable.....there went the streak.:tsk::lol:

swaiy
10-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Theres nothing more annoying than someone trying to police people's feelings. The better team made plays. The end.

NightTerror218
10-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Defense was putting pressure on Brees he was having to get the ball out on a hurry sometimes. Several passes seems to be made before the WR was accepting the ball to be coming. There may not have been as many sacks but Brees felt the pressure of the pocket closing in on him.

He was not able to step up into the pocket at all. His arm was hit twice for fumbles. He was sacked twice and knocked down a lot. I think this had a lot to do with his inaccuracy and getting the ball out quicker then he wanted.

Fullback32
10-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Well, I'll at least say this...I don't recall too much NOT to like about the way the D performed. I do want to see it consistantly. This might have just been the confidence building game to take them all the way to the playoffs. I'm damn proud of those guys right now.

TXBRONC
10-30-2012, 05:25 PM
The defense has been pretty consistent all year. In seven games the Broncos have allowed a total of 13 points in the fourth quarter.

NightTerror218
10-30-2012, 05:30 PM
The defense has been pretty consistent all year. In seven games the Broncos have allowed a total of 13 points in the fourth quarter.

it helps when in the first half there are less turnovers to keep them off the field.

BroncoJoe
10-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Don't tell me what I can and can't go ape shit crazy over.