PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Woodyard

igoe4broncos
10-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Played like an absolute boss tonight. What do we when DJ comes back? WW has to stay on the field in some capacity.

Pudge
10-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Put DJ back in and let him know he has to compete and step up his game on a weekly basis

MOtorboat
10-28-2012, 11:11 PM
As much as I hate it, move Williams to MLB.

Williams, Woodyard and Miller have to be on the field.

Dreadnought
10-28-2012, 11:14 PM
As much as I hate it, move Williams to MLB.

Williams, Woodyard and Miller have to be on the field.

Well, Woodyard and Miller, anyways. I've liked Brookings and Trevathan, too. DJ hasn't really been missed and won't be missed all that much.

Army Bronco
10-28-2012, 11:15 PM
DJ has to win it back in my opinion.

MOtorboat
10-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Well, Woodyard and Miller, anyways. I've liked Brookings and Trevathan, too. DJ hasn't really been missed and won't be missed all that much.

Williams is the best linebacker the team has. He's been missed, until this game. He'll have his spot when he gets back, but it might be at MLB.

igoe4broncos
10-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Brookings and Trevathan appear to be pretty one-dimensional, though solid in their roles.

As for DJ, as stupid as he's been off the field, he's still one of the defense's best players. Like him or not, he's an asset to the linebacking corps.

Dreadnought
10-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Williams is the best linebacker the team has. He's been missed, until this game. He'll have his spot when he gets back, but it might be at MLB.

I disagree. I think he's kind of a stiff and something of a bonehead. I wish we'd move him elsewhere. He is almost entirely non-disruptive and rarely if ever makes bad stuff happen to an opponent. He's been overrated his entire career, only its taken a while to find better options. Now we have them.

He looked good compared to Nate Webster and Jamie Winborn. At that time he was indeed our best LB. That is pretty sad really.

MOtorboat
10-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Frankly, it amazes me, with a team that has tackled as bad as it has for the last six seasons, that anyone would want a guy who averages over 100 tackles a season replaced.

silkamilkamonico
10-28-2012, 11:30 PM

I disagree. I think he's kind of a stiff and something of a bonehead. I wish we'd move him elsewhere. He is almost entirely non-disruptive and rarely if ever makes bad stuff happen to an opponent. He's been overrated his entire career, only its taken a while to find better options. Now we have them.

He looked good compared to Nate Webster and Jamie Winborn. At that time he was indeed our best LB. That is pretty sad really.

Dj is a very good all around lb. I am not sure what people are arguing against him. He isnt dynamic and he isnt explosive. Really, that isnt job. Hes our best lb in coverage, hes a sure tackler, and unlike woodyard, dj is good in the run game.

Imho, the reason people hate on him, is because he isnt a von miller type player like they thought he would be coming out of college. He not only kniws how to play every single lbing position well, but hes easily our most well rounded lber.

Woodyard is playing well, and can duke it out with treviathon for that first lb off the bench when dj comes back. Brooking has been too well, in a disciplined role, to lose at mlb.

Dapper Dan
10-29-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm not 100% sure DJ comes back as the same player. I'm happy Trevathan is playing well. He adds some decent depth. We need a MLB pretty bad. If DJ moves to MLB, I hope he's ready. I haven't seen him tweet anything out of the playbook recently, so I'm not sure if he's looking at it or not. Hopefully DJ comes in and plays well. If not, his trade value won't be very much.

horsepig
10-29-2012, 12:03 AM

He looked good compared to Nate Webster and Jamie Winborn. At that time he was indeed our best LB. That is pretty sad really.I agree.

Northman
10-29-2012, 12:04 AM
He's a stud. He has more passion for this game in his pinky than DJ has in his entire body.

horsepig
10-29-2012, 12:06 AM
The appearance of Trevathan and the stellar play of Woodyard have made DJ irrelevant. Cut our losses and send this loser on his way.

Dapper Dan
10-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Crazy how Rich Brooks produced players like Cobb, Tamme, Trevathan, and Woodyard at Kentucky, of all places. Brooks wasn't a high profile coach, but he did a lot with how little he had.

Poet
10-29-2012, 12:20 AM
You can get a lot of quality from the SEC, no matter the program.

Northman
10-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Frankly, it amazes me, with a team that has tackled as bad as it has for the last six seasons, that anyone would want a guy who averages over 100 tackles a season replaced.

Well, when you tackle the guy after he makes a first down it really doesnt matter a whole lot. Maybe if DJ actually had tackles for a loss it might make the argument worthy.

horsepig
10-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Good point. I love finding the guys out there that are producing exceptional poerformers. I was lucky to play for judt such a coach in high school.

The guys that can see the diamonds in the rough are invaluable. TD ring a bell, anyone?

smith49
10-29-2012, 12:41 AM
All I know is if Wesley plays like he did tonight he CAN NOT be put on the bench. He was Fing everywhere!!! I don't know if he wasn't involved in every big play. I think he had 9 tackles and a pick in the first half alone. Go listen to the highlights and its all woodyard defensively. He was a FREAK out there.

I think DJ would be nice at MLB when he returns with......hopefully.

Dapper Dan
10-29-2012, 01:15 AM
It's not too far off to think DJ could come back and play MLB. He did it during Shanahan's last year, and did pretty well. The probably would be him coming back after missing all season and sitting in that MLB spot and making sure everyone's in the right place and making the right audible. I'm not really sure how well he did that, specifically, back then.

Dapper Dan
10-29-2012, 01:16 AM
You can get a lot of quality from the SEC, no matter the program.

True. I just think Brooks raised the level while he was there. And you'll see it dropping back down right now.

Italianmobstr7
10-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Woodyard is a stud. Got his autograph after the game too. Good dude.

Chef Zambini
10-29-2012, 03:07 AM
DJ is going to have to earn his way back on to the field. we are not so desperate that he is guaranteeed a start or a spot in the rotation.
and if they trade him before tuesday i wont be surprized either !

Skinny
10-29-2012, 04:56 AM
He's our best all around LB and getting better. Love his game and passion.

MileHighCrew
10-29-2012, 06:46 AM

While I get your point MO, you will never convince me if I could only choose one that I would take DJ over Von.