PDA

View Full Version : We’ve Activated Drew Brees’ Trap Card

TheReverend
10-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Installment #2, looking forward at Saints vs Broncos:

First of all, best update title ever? I think so.

Sunday night, when the Broncos face off against the slumping New Orleans Saints, has the makings of a prototypical trap game. Make no mistake, these are not the same slumping Saints who let the Chiefs steal a game from them one month ago.

Why the Saints will be resurging:

The Saints are still the #1 passing offense in the league… and by a wide margin. Compounding matters, Denver struggles against teams that excel at spreading the field and forcing poor depth to defend every yard of real estate.

Jonathan Vilma will also be caught enough to assemble a competitive performance. When you consider that this may be his last chance (as his Bounty-Gate appeal may come to a head next week and place him back on the couch), there’s a likely chance he’ll be raising the level of defensive play if only through presence and confidence alone—this was a good opportunity to use the word “swag”, but I’d feel dirty all day.

Joe Vitt. While the competitive parity within the league is certainly overstated, coaching does provide an advantage. Joe Vitt has had 6 consecutive bye weeks looking ahead and dreaming of this game. Vitt has a chance to become a hero in New Orleans. Topple the mighty Peyton Manning and get a talented roster back on the right track? More importantly, it makes a name for himself around the league and he knows it.

The inconsistent and sloppy play that has plagued the Broncos for huge chunks of games thus far this season cannot happen. We saw what happened when the Chargers got over-confident and let the Saints back in the game… and we’re a team that has been caught sleeping for HUGE chunks of 4/6 of the games it’s played to date. That being said….

Why the Broncos will still win:

Rest at: http://patrickturley.org/weve-activated-drew-brees-trap-card/

bcbronc
10-27-2012, 01:53 PM
I didn't click the link, but who is supposed to be getting trapped? I doubt NO overlooks us, what with the hype around Peyton and their struggles, coach coming back etc.

Or are we the team that will get trapped, so to speak? Against a high powered offense, at home, coming off a bye week? Pretty unusual to be concerned about a trap game after the bye week, so not really sure about this....

Simple Jaded
10-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Carolina, TB, that's a prototypical trap game. I'm not so sure NO isn't the better team.......

Dzone
10-27-2012, 06:11 PM
NO should be favored. We should be the underdog

SR
10-27-2012, 06:16 PM
And NO isn't exactly "slumping". They have won two in a row and are absolutely lethal on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

T.K.O.
10-27-2012, 07:03 PM
we are favored by 6 pts and are picked across the board at espn....scary
it makes me nervous that all the "experts" seem to think this is a gimme game.
i'm sure manning and the rest of the team realize the importance of keeping a grip on the division and wont take a team like the saints lightly.regardless of record.
hell they're only 1 game behind us and blew chunks the 1st qtr of the season.
that being said,Manning should be able to carve the 27th ranked pass D in the league.
BRONCOS 38
saints 24