PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning gets a slice of the Denver pizza market

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2012, 11:55 AM
DENVER—Now Broncos fans can call the audibles while Peyton Manning cheers them on.

Pepperoni! No, make that sausage!

Manning became the newest franchisee for Papa John's pizza, signing a deal to own 21 stores in the Denver area Friday, the same day the pizza maker also announced it had signed a multi-year contract to continue as the official pizza of the NFL and the Super Bowl. Terms were not disclosed.

"He's the kind of partner we're looking for, not only in marketing but in business," said Papa John's chief marketing officer, Andrew Varga.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21860664/manning-gets-slice-pizza-market-new-hometown

vandammage13
10-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Mmmmm..Pizza.

Of the major chains, I do like Papa Johns the most...Although I would say since Domino's changed their ingredients they are the best value in terms of how good the pizza is compared to its relatively cheap price.

chazoe60
10-26-2012, 12:00 PM
That's cool. He's at least putting some roots down in our neck of the woods. Maybe he'll decide to make Colorado his home after retirement.

vandammage13
10-26-2012, 12:03 PM
That's cool. He's at least putting some roots down in our neck of the woods. Maybe he'll decide to make Colorado his home after retirement.

Maybe a second home, or vacation type home...

More likely he'll settle down in Indy or Tennessee IMO.

chazoe60
10-26-2012, 12:07 PM

Maybe, but so many athletes come here and end up loving it here. In all honesty, Colorado is one of the nicest places to live in the country. The funny thing is that a lot of guys don't want to come here because they engision snow and cows everywhere but then when they actually get here they see what it's really like and they never leave.

vandammage13
10-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Maybe, but so many athletes come here and end up loving it here. In all honesty, Colorado is one of the nicest places to live in the country. The funny thing is that a lot of guys don't want to come here because they engision snow and cows everywhere but then when they actually get here they see what it's really like and they never leave.

Good point...I don't plan on spending too much time dwelling on it though lol.

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 01:01 PM
you could bake a pizza on that forehead of his!
putting his money where his mouth is on the pizza endorsements
let me know when you see him driving around in a buick !

Simple Jaded
10-26-2012, 04:06 PM
If there is a better pizza around here than Lil Ricci's and Big Bill's I'd like to hear about it.......

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 06:28 PM
I love a deep dish pan pizza where the crust tastes like a french pastry !

slim
10-26-2012, 06:30 PM
I love a deep dish pan pizza where the crust tastes like a french pastry !

Where can I buy this fancy pizza?

Day1BroncoFan
10-26-2012, 06:34 PM
I wan't a Peytzza!

Dzone
10-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Just as long as this doesnt lure more people to move to Colorado. LOL...Its too crowded here and you wouldnt like it if you moved here, traffics terrible blah blah blah ...Naw, its not that great here. Stay where you are ...LOL...Ok just kiddng.
I have to say the massive influx of people into Colorado over the last 10-20 years is staggering, but it is good for business here. So much of the wild lands in this state have been turned into cities. Its crazy.
Good for Manning getting the pizza joints. I never had a Papa Johns pizza. Now I am going to have to get some.

Chillez
10-26-2012, 09:49 PM
I want some pizza! haha

Dzone
10-26-2012, 09:58 PM
If there is a better pizza around here than Lil Ricci's and Big Bill's I'd like to hear about it.......
Lil Riccis hands down!!!!!!! Greatest Pizza in history! I didnt know if it was still open. I used to always go to the Tamarac location. Lil Riccis is the Rolls Royce of Pizza. They use only the best ingredients money can buy.

Dzone
10-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Manning may have envisioned having Elway as his business mentor when he decided to sign here. John Elways car dealerships became an Empire in this state.Elway is a master at turning 1 dollar into 2. Manning lucked out and hit the jackpot by getting to come here.

Dapper Dan
10-26-2012, 10:06 PM
ya. well. all i kno is he needs to worry about footbaw and not pizza. if he wusnt so worryd about papa jon we mite be 6 an 0.

Dapper Dan
10-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Just as long as this doesnt lure more people to move to Colorado. LOL...Its too crowded here and you wouldnt like it if you moved here, traffics terrible blah blah blah ...Naw, its not that great here. Stay where you are ...LOL...Ok just kiddng.
I have to say the massive influx of people into Colorado over the last 10-20 years is staggering, but it is good for business here. So much of the wild lands in this state have been turned into cities. Its crazy.
Good for Manning getting the pizza joints. I never had a Papa Johns pizza. Now I am going to have to get some.

I've always thought about moving to Colorado. I'm still not sure. Colorado or Tennessee. Either way, I'm going somewhere in 3-4 years.

Az Snake
10-26-2012, 11:37 PM

You can take the boy out of the bayou but you can't take the bayou out of the boy.
I have a hunch Peyton will retire in Louisiana.

Dapper Dan
10-26-2012, 11:43 PM
You can take the boy out of the bayou but you can't take the bayou out of the boy.
I have a hunch Peyton will retire in Louisiana.

He might. But he'll for sure need a spare home away from the hurricane.

Simple Jaded
10-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Lil Riccis hands down!!!!!!! Greatest Pizza in history! I didnt know if it was still open. I used to always go to the Tamarac location. Lil Riccis is the Rolls Royce of Pizza. They use only the best ingredients money can buy.
Lil Ricci's is on W Colfax where it crosses 6th Ave, by the Home Depot. There is also one in Parker off of Lincoln and Jordan. There is a Big Bill's off of County Line and Holly, it's the same thing, I think it used to be a Lil Ricci's. I don't know about Tamarac, but these other locations sure aren't hurting for business.

As if the pizza weren't enough they always have nice talent working there too.......

Dzone
10-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Lil Ricci's is on W Colfax where it crosses 6th Ave, by the Home Depot. There is also one in Parker off of Lincoln and Jordan. There is a Big Bill's off of County Line and Holly, it's the same thing, I think it used to be a Lil Ricci's. I don't know about Tamarac, but these other locations sure aren't hurting for business.

As if the pizza weren't enough they always have nice talent working there too.......
Awesome. Thats good to know. Will be checking one of these places out next time in Denver. Its been years since I ate at Lil Riccis. No matter who I ever took there ended up loving it

Simple Jaded
10-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Damn! I'm gettin me one tomorrow.......

Dzone
10-27-2012, 09:24 AM
I had a friend who was in the restaurant supply biz and he was supplying Lil Riccis ingredients. I asked him why Lil Riccis is so much better than other pizza and he told me they buy the most expensive cheese and other ingredients available.

tomjonesrocks
10-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Was bummed to hear it.

John Schnatter is a complete douche.

Day1BroncoFan
10-29-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm going to get me a pizza for lunch today. :hungry: