PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Porter missing time because of a seizure, hopeful vs. Saints

Dzone
10-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Tracy Porter has been sidelined in recent days because of precautionary measures the team's medical staff is taking after the Denver Broncos' cornerback suffered a seizure in August.
Last Sunday, before the Broncos were to leave for San Diego for a game against the Chargers, Porter was experiencing light-headedness and his heart was racing — symptoms that occurred before he had a seizure in August.

Read more: Broncos' Tracy Porter missing time because of a seizure; hopeful vs. Saints - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21854766/broncos-tracy-porter-missing-time-because-seizure#ixzz2ALSfKQ2U

SoCalImport
10-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Hope the man is ok....and ok to play at 100% soon

weazel
10-25-2012, 03:52 PM
damn, thats not good. Health comes first, hope he gets better.

Ravage!!!
10-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Guess that answers the questions to some that were saying the fact that he was "too sick to travel" sounded suspicious to them... and their conspiracy theories.

NightTerror218
10-25-2012, 04:39 PM
hope he is ok. But I think Harris can step up opposite of bailey for now and Porter playing the nickle back could work out nicely.

Jsteve01
10-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Guess that answers the questions to some that were saying the fact that he was "too sick to travel" sounded suspicious to them... and their conspiracy theories.Zam owes an apology on that one

NightTerror218
10-25-2012, 04:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/porter-might-not-able-play-200421590--nfl.html

gives some more details
He was held out because he had symptoms similar to what he had prior to his first seizure.

Ravage!!!
10-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Zam owes an apology on that one
Zam will just figure that he seizure story is made up to cover-up something else..... like Porter refusing to move to safety.

NightTerror218
10-25-2012, 04:57 PM
funny on ESPN BW is calling it Vertigo and does not mention seizures.

Skacorica
10-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Zam owes an apology on that one

Actually according to report I read earlier and now backed up by 1043 the things that Porter told klis are true but there's more to it

I'm hoping that it really is just the seizures and not another extra curricular issues, i like tp

Jsteve01
10-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Actually according to report I read earlier and now backed up by 1043 the things that Porter told klis are true but there's more to it

I'm hoping that it really is just the seizures and not another extra curricular issues, i like tp

Chris Bianchi is a hack and if you think he scooped the Post, you're crazy. No offense but it pisses me off the way some of these fringe sports personalities attempt to make a name for themselves. How's about confirming a source?

silkamilkamonico
10-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Chris Bianchi is a hack and if you think he scooped the Post, you're crazy. No offense but it pisses me off the way some of these fringe sports personalities attempt to make a name for themselves. How's about confirming a source?

Having to confirm sources is lame because it means we can't lie and slander and make up conspiracy thoeries on these professional athletes.

ShaneFalco
10-25-2012, 11:40 PM
hope he picks 6 against brees

Skacorica
10-26-2012, 10:12 AM

For the most part i agree but then with Denver radio jumping on the bandwagon... anyway it was on

The drive at 415 pm yesterday. Of course they also said unnamed teammates said they'd rather have harris than porter starting

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Zam owes an apology on that oneI had not heard about the seizure in august, any of you?
this is serious stuff, hope he is healthy and glad the medical staff are being cautious with his playing time.
who should I apologise to fro wanting more clarity on the subject?
am I sorry?
yesd, I am sorry that this illness may prevent porter from playing the game he loves and from purduing his livelihood.
am I sorry that I questioned the ambiguous nature of his travel restrictions, no, absolutely not, and I am sure many others found it odd without this now coherent explanation.

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
our broncos did seem to play better without porter.
I did not know if this was a discipline issue, a demotion issue, or a legitimate health issue, since no details of his 'illness' were given, and I was unaware of a seizure in his recent medical history.
conspiracy?
the only thing here is the omission of the seizure from previous reports. seizure a symptom of cuncussion, not revealed to the public , at the very least, and perhaps even withheld from the league so as to avoid weekly physicals from an INDEPENDANT medical practitioner as to his fitness for play.

Ravage!!!
10-26-2012, 12:34 PM
:lol: More conspiracies

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 12:57 PM
when did you first hear of a seizure/
when was it first reported?
if not reported, then with-held!
did the broncos by-pass cuncussion SOP, by not revealing his august seizure?

BroncoJoe
10-26-2012, 01:13 PM
when did you first hear of a seizure/
when was it first reported?
if not reported, then with-held!
did the broncos by-pass cuncussion SOP, by not revealing his august seizure?

Why is it any of our business?

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 01:26 PM
exactly joe! why does the NFL even have an in jury report/
how is any of that any of our buisness?
why are players TWEETING about what they had for lunch?
thats none of our buisness !

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 01:30 PM
hte VERTIGO angle sounds like contrived BS to avoid proper concussion protocal.

Ravage!!!
10-26-2012, 01:50 PM
hte VERTIGO angle sounds like contrived BS to avoid proper concussion protocal.

Or maybe there never was a seizure. Bypassing the protocol would result in some pretty severe punishment, and considering he didn't play, why would the Broncos bypas the procedure only to not allow him to play anyway? Seems you just like making stuff up because you think everything is underhanded and a lie. Sounds to me that you live in a world that you don't trust anything, and believe everyone is lying all the time.

Not surprising considering the stuff you seem to make up in your head and convince yourself its true. Its what fuels a conspiracist's thoughts and imagination. EVERYONE is lying about everything, and we MUST MUST try to peel back the layers of lies to find the hidden truth! :lol:

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 02:04 PM
RAV, was there a seizure in august?
if so, then why did we not hear about it until now?

Ravage!!!
10-26-2012, 02:14 PM

Zam, I don't know. But if there was, maybe they thought it was his business and didn't share it unless he wanted to. Perhaps, there wasn't a seizure, since there seems to be only one source that says there was. Perhaps Vertigo was all it was, which has been known to make people so dizzy that they can't stand up, thus someone labeled it as him "passing out".. and passed that along to this one source. Either way, the fact that you think its some conspiracy to keep the doctors from inspecting him is just reaching for the sake of reaching. Which is what you do.

It would not benefit the Broncos one bit by doing that. For one, leaks happen. Two, if this were the case, do you think we would be hearing about this now so that there would be questions from the NFL as to why we were keeping "concussion" symptoms (which I'm not sure its a symptom at all, and not taking your word as a doctor). Three, purely making a judgement based on such LITTLE information is, at the very least, ignorant.

The Broncos could lose draft picks for not following medical protocol, and you believe that the Broncos are willing to do that ofr a player they didn't even take to the game. Makes sense.

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 02:45 PM
first big difference beween passing out and SEZURE !
lets not try to gloss over that!
and considering a SEZURE is far more serious, why would the broncos COFIRM that a SEIZURE did take place if it did not?
and whay are the broncos being so clandestine about the circumstances of the event, when, where, who witnessed, duration, etc. !
it has been reported that porter was with his saints TE teammate when he had his seizure!
sorry, but it seems appaarent that the broncos did not allow word of the porter seizure to get out so that he would not have to face the new concussion mndates and require him to be checked out by a NON _TEAM physician !
this is serious stuff! do the names sarah burke or tom gugliatta ring a bell?
this is serious stuff and I have no doubt the NFL will find themselves asking the same questions!

slim
10-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Holy cow, Zam.

Are you drunk?

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 03:29 PM
seizure...fact.
not disclosed... also fact.
related symptoms serious enough to have the same doctors restrict his travel... fact.
initial reports of illness that led to the restrictions "ambiguous at best'... fact !
now report of his seizure in AUGUST surfaces, and based on re-occuring symptoms these same doctors now feel a professional responsability to have him properly checked out... fact !
did he suffer a concussion, we dont know !
does it look like they tried to conceal his injury/ symptoms, that seems pretty obvious !
have I jumped to a conclussion on my mat, absolutely!
will there be others joining me on the same spot on their conclusions mat, damn straight skippy !

Chef Zambini
10-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Holy cow, Zam.

Are you drunk?
no but thats a great idea, shock top here I come !

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 10:25 AM

HIPPA Laws.

A seizure is not an injury, it's a medical condition. Therefore a team can't reveal that based on current HIPPA laws.

It only came out because Porter talked about it.

Hell, READ THE DAMN ARTICLE POSTED!

Ravage!!!
10-27-2012, 10:36 AM
first big difference beween passing out and SEZURE !
lets not try to gloss over that!
and considering a SEZURE is far more serious, why would the broncos COFIRM that a SEIZURE did take place if it did not?
and whay are the broncos being so clandestine about the circumstances of the event, when, where, who witnessed, duration, etc. !
it has been reported that porter was with his saints TE teammate when he had his seizure!
sorry, but it seems appaarent that the broncos did not allow word of the porter seizure to get out so that he would not have to face the new concussion mndates and require him to be checked out by a NON _TEAM physician !
this is serious stuff! do the names sarah burke or tom gugliatta ring a bell?
this is serious stuff and I have no doubt the NFL will find themselves asking the same questions!

Fact:

HIPPA Laws.

A seizure is not an injury, it's a medical condition. Therefore a team can't reveal that based on current HIPPA laws.

Hell, READ THE DAMN ARTICLE POSTED!

This country has laws, after all, meant to ensure privacy of one's medical condition.

Trying to maintain confidentiality while performing in the very public domain of the Broncos football team, though, is about as easy as trying to stop New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees with a six-man defense.

Porter has been sidelined in recent days because of symptoms that led to an unexplained seizure he suffered during the Broncos' preseason.

"I had never had one before, 26 years I've been living," Porter said Thursday.

It appears that Porter's seizure is not related to a concussion.

Sorry Zam, looks like you'll just have to put away your tin-foil hat for now. But don't put it far, as I'm sure you'll have something new in the next couple of hours.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2012, 11:51 AM
It's much more fun to come up with a conspiracy theory, than accept the truth.

Chef Zambini
10-27-2012, 12:43 PM
HIPPA Laws.

Hell, READ THE DAMN ARTICLE POSTED!you mean the updated version posted TODAY, you pompous POS sos?
yes, now it does taLK ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INJURY AND ILLNESS AND THE CLASSIFICATION OF A SEIZURE WHICH any medical member of society cantell you most definately can be injury related and concussion associated!

Chef Zambini
10-27-2012, 12:47 PM
and how did they rule out a concussion?
to rule it out they must have tested for it. was this test done by a third party physician ?
that continues to be unclear.
spare me your righteous indignation people, this still sounmds like the broncos sidestepped proper protocal in dealing with a potential concussion, UNLESS porter was checked out by a third party doctor and the article does NOT make that clear !
the reasons for the AMBIGUOUS REFERANCE TO ILLNESS IS CLEAR, BUT HOW A CUNCUSSION WAS RULED OUT IS NOT.

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 01:03 PM
you mean the updated version posted TODAY, you pompous POS sos?
yes, now it does taLK ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INJURY AND ILLNESS AND THE CLASSIFICATION OF A SEIZURE WHICH any medical member of society cantell you most definately can be injury related and concussion associated!

What are you talking about?

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 01:07 PM
to rule it out they must have tested for it. was this test done by a third party physician ?
spare me your righteous indignation people, this still sounmds like the broncos sidestepped proper protocal in dealing with a potential concussion, UNLESS porter was checked out by a third party doctor and the article does NOT make that clear !
the reasons for the AMBIGUOUS REFERANCE TO ILLNESS IS CLEAR, BUT HOW A CUNCUSSION WAS RULED OUT IS NOT.

So Porter's doctor's report to Porter that a concussion was not the cause isn't good enough for you, the almighty zam?

Ravage!!!
10-27-2012, 01:12 PM
unclear to whom? You? you are so absurd

Chef Zambini
10-27-2012, 01:19 PM
who checked him for concussion?
was he checked for concussion?
or did someone just decide he was never cuncussed?
'''and who made that determination?
how was it ruled out?
who determined that he was not concussed?
the writer of the article?
porter, himself
john fox, the TEAM physicians or
a third party physician as is the proper NFL protocal!
I am not absurd, these are legitimate questions that most likely the NFL is asking the broncos as i type !

Chef Zambini
10-27-2012, 01:21 PM
So Porter's doctor's report to Porter that a concussion was not the cause isn't good enough for you, the almighty zam?
I dont count! its NOT good enough for the NFL
read the rules dufus !

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 01:24 PM
I dont count! its NOT good enough for the NFL
read the rules dufus !

What in the world are you talking about?

His doctors have ruled its not related to a concussion.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2012, 01:29 PM
I have no idea if this has already been posted:

Tracy Porter was hoping to keep his health issue private.

This country has laws, after all, meant to ensure privacy of one's medical condition.

Trying to maintain confidentiality while performing in the very public domain of the Broncos football team, though, is about as easy as trying to stop New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees with a six-man defense.

Porter has been sidelined in recent days because of symptoms that led to an unexplained seizure he suffered during the Broncos' preseason.

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_21854766?source=commented-

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2012, 01:31 PM
AND - from same article:

Hoping to maintain Porter's privacy, the Broncos announced their starting right cornerback didn't make the trip because of illness. The team was trying to balance between offering accurate information while not violating his right to privacy.

But people on Twitter, many of them Broncos fans, were merciless.

Chef Zambini
10-27-2012, 01:39 PM
carol, was porter checked out by an independant neurologist?
THAT is a requirement of the new NFL concussion protocol! the team doctors and the private physicians dont count!
it was a seizure people! a common symptom of post concussion!
he should be examined for concussion!
he plays football for gosh sakes !
did an independant neurosurgeon determine he was NOT concussed?
if not, then our beloved broncos circumvented the proper NFL concussion protocol, its just that simple!
carol, please show me where it is confirmed that porter saw a third party, independant neurologist !

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 01:40 PM
carol, was porter checked out by an independant neurologist?
THAT is a requirement of the new NFL concussion protocol! the team doctors and the private physicians dont count!
it was a seizure people! a common symptom of post concussion!
he should be examined for concussion!
he plays football for gosh sakes !
did an independant neurosurgeon determine he was NOT concussed?
if not, then our beloved broncos circumvented the proper NFL concussion protocol, its just that simple!
carol, please show me where it is confirmed that porter saw a third party, independant neurologist !

Except.

IT'S NOT A CONCUSSION.

Jimminy Christmas.

Chef Zambini
10-27-2012, 01:40 PM
It's much more fun to come up with a conspiracy theory, than accept the truth.its so much easier to stick your head in the sand than to look for the truth!

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 01:41 PM
its so much easier to stick your head in the sand than to look for the truth!

Really? The truth in this instance is that he didn't have a concussion and the seizures were not a result of a concussion.

Now...tell me who has their head stuck in the sand?

It ain't Carol.

Chef Zambini
10-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Except.

IT'S NOT A CONCUSSION.

Jimminy Christmas.and WHO determined that?
was that aslo jimminy christmas?
the guy plays football. he has a seizure. anyone with any medical background can tell you that a seize=ure is a very common symptom of post concussion!
so he should be checked for concussion and according to NFL policy that determination should be done by an independant neurologist!

bcbronc
10-27-2012, 01:45 PM
This thread us giving me a concussion.

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 01:47 PM
and WHO determined that?
was that aslo jimminy christmas?
the guy plays football. he has a seizure. anyone with any medical background can tell you that a seize=ure is a very common symptom of post concussion!
so he should be checked for concussion and according to NFL policy that determination should be done by an independant neurologist!

I'm sure they just went down to the Holiday Inn and picked out a random traveler to come check out Porter.

:rolleyes:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Porter suffered the seizure between the Broncos' preseason opener at Chicago and their second preseason game against Seattle. It appears that Porter's seizure is not related to a concussion. He didn't have any football injuries before the seizure in August. The Broncos initially thought it was related to dehydration, but have ruled that out.

FROM ARTICLE - REPEAT

He didn't have any football injuries before the seizure in August.

Chef Zambini
10-27-2012, 01:53 PM
if we dont call it a concussion, if we dont acknowledge that a concussion may have occured then we dont have to follow the NFL concussion protocol.
this has been how this was handled! again I ask WHO ruled out a concussion?
WHO?
Dr. Christmas ?
is he an independant neorologist?
the broncos chose a loop-hole to avoid the proper procedure!

"if we dont call it a concussion we dont have to treat it like a concussion".
but the man had a seizure!
hello?
sarah burke, tom guggliatta, natasha richardson. these names ring any bells?

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 01:56 PM
if we dont call it a concussion, if we dont acknowledge that a concussion may have occured then we dont have to follow the NFL concussion protocol.
this has been how this was handled!

Please provide proof of this.

Thanks in advance.

Chef Zambini
10-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Porter suffered the seizure between the Broncos' preseason opener at Chicago and their second preseason game against Seattle. It appears that Porter's seizure is not related to a concussion. He didn't have any football injuries before the seizure in August. The Broncos initially thought it was related to dehydration, but have ruled that out.

Read more: Broncos' Tracy Porter missing time after summer seizure; hopeful vs. Saints - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_21854766?source=commented-#ixzz2AWkXs5aC
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
caROL, HE PLAYED IN AN nfl FOOTBALL GAME AND HAD SUBSEQUENT PRACTICES AFTER, HE HAD A SEIZURE. IT SAYS nothing ABOUT HOW A CONCUSSION WAS RUILED OUT, NOW DOES IT! in fact the comment can easily be the authors own assesment! there is no clarity as to hpow a concussion was ruled out! and considering the fact that he plays football for a living, a concussion should have been the first order of buisness !
but the broncos avoided that didnt they !

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 02:00 PM

Read more: Broncos' Tracy Porter missing time after summer seizure; hopeful vs. Saints - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_21854766?source=commented-#ixzz2AWkXs5aC
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
caROL, HE PLAYED IN AN nfl FOOTBALL GAME AND HAD SUBSEQUENT PRACTICES AFTER, HE HAD A SEIZURE. IT SAYS nothing ABOUT HOW A CONCUSSION WAS RUILED OUT, NOW DOES IT! in fact the comment can easily be the authors own assesment! there is no clarity as to hpow a concussion was ruled out! and considering the fact that he plays football for a living, a concussion should have been the first order of buisness !
but the broncos avoided that didnt they !

Ah, Zam semantics at play.

Yes, they didn't say HOW. But they said it WAS.

Now, please provide proof that Porter was not checked out for a concussion.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Hey Zam - It is good enough for me that Klis states in his article that Porter did NOT have any football injuries before the seizure. Obviously that is not good enough for you, so right under the title of the article Klis wrote, you can click on his name and send him an email.

Chef Zambini
10-27-2012, 03:21 PM
good enough for you, exactly.
do you think the NFL is looking at this and thinking,
"well klis says it does not appeasr to be concussion related, thats good enough for us"
the NFL will want to know WHO made that determination! and based o0n the spirit and INTENT of the new concussion protocol, a SEIZURE should warrant the independant neorologistassesment, yet, the policy does NOT make that clear.
never mind kils, the BRONCOS haver NEVER used the phrase concussion, its their loophole!
if they did haVE HIM CHECKED OUT THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY RELEASED A STATEMENT TO THAT EFFECT.
bUT THEY DID NOT!

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 03:29 PM
good enough for you, exactly.
do you think the NFL is looking at this and thinking,
"well klis says it does not appeasr to be concussion related, thats good enough for us"
the NFL will want to know WHO made that determination! and based o0n the spirit and INTENT of the new concussion protocol, a SEIZURE should warrant the independant neorologistassesment, yet, the policy does NOT make that clear.
never mind kils, the BRONCOS haver NEVER used the phrase concussion, its their loophole!
if they did haVE HIM CHECKED OUT THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY RELEASED A STATEMENT TO THAT EFFECT.
bUT THEY DID NOT!

Provide proof that they did not.

Ravage!!!
10-27-2012, 03:57 PM
I believe that they said Porter's doctor has examined him, and that the symptoms are not a result of a concussion. Why is Zam questioning the word of a doctor? Since when is Zam going to tell anyone what "anyone with medical backround" would know?

Porter's doctor is considered a 3rd party physician. Zam is just being stupid, again, about something ridiculous... again. How is it we keep getting pulled into his absurd world of speculations and conspiracy theories, all of which Zam proves he doesn't have the tiniest clue of which he's TRYING sooooo hard to sound intelligent. He's just making a complete ass of himself, .....again.

This is the dumbest complaint he's had, and they just keep going down hill. It's remarkable.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Here ya go Zam - call the Denver Broncos

Denver Broncos Football Club
Executive Offices and Training Facility
13655 Broncos Parkway
Englewood, CO 80112
(303) 649-9000

NightTerror218
10-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Zam I am pretty sure they can look at tape and see if he took any hits to the head. Same with practice they would know if he took any hits.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Zam I am pretty sure they can look at tape and see if he took any hits to the head. Same with practice they would know if he took any hits.

Kind of goes along with what Klis said in his article:

It appears that Porter's seizure is not related to a concussion. He didn't have any football injuries before the seizure in August.

NightTerror218
10-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Kind of goes along with what Klis said in his article:

It appears that Porter's seizure is not related to a concussion. He didn't have any football injuries before the seizure in August.

exactly and it is not like he played much in that game anyways....a quarter or a half at most

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 05:29 PM
exactly and it is not like he played much in that game anyways....a quarter or a half at most

Zam jumps to conclusions. And desperately holds on to conspiracy theories when those conclusions don't become true.

It's his thing.

iLands
10-27-2012, 06:00 PM
zam jumps to conclusions. And desperately holds on to conspiracy theories when those conclusions don't become true.

It's his thing.

dum goin to jial!

MOtorboat
10-27-2012, 06:02 PM
dum goin to jial!

Ironically, he was still arguing his point about that earlier today, or yesterday, but two months after no charges were brought against Dumervil, he's still holding on to his bribery conspiracy.

Perfect example.

SR
10-27-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm convinced that Zam actually hates the Broncos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

iLands
10-27-2012, 06:33 PM
The Broncos are going to kill the President with an earthquake!

swaiy
10-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Zam, there is no way you can actually believe all the things you have typed in this thread. I refuse to believe you are this bat shit crazy. Please, just come out and own up to your unprecedented trolling prowess. I imagine that after sucking people in, you post just enough delusional bullshit to keep people posting while you're absent so that you can fap to responses vigorously and without an inkling of shame when you return.

In the event that you are serious, I implore you to seek help.

Dzone
10-27-2012, 08:29 PM
If Porter plays and dies on the field of a seizure, someones ass is going to hang