PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos now AFC West favorites at bye week

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2012, 08:02 PM
It all started when Peyton Manning was fired. The Indianapolis Colts reviewed his four NFL MVP awards, his 11 playoff berths, his 12 wins a year in the nine-season span from 2002-2010, his two Super Bowl appearances and his one world championship and then released him. There were four understandable but nevertheless cruel reasons for Manning's dismissal in March: A missed season because of four neck surgeries; 36 years of age; more than $35 million in bonus and salary; and the chance to draft the next Manning, Andrew Luck.

Unemployed, Manning went looking for an employer that was willing to punt its future into its forever unknown.

Almost immediately, Manning ran into a Broncos team owned by Pat Bowlen, directed by John Elway and coached by John Fox: three men who wanted to win yesterday. And the Broncos wound up with a motivated icon.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21819175/denver-broncos-now-afc-west-favorites-at-bye-week

SR
10-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Thank you to the Colts and to the front office of the Broncos. Another year like last year would've had me wearing a JJ Watt jersey this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Dzone
10-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Great article. The comparison with last years stats is cool

topscribe
10-22-2012, 12:41 PM
One of the more level-headed writers has been Mike Klis. He has erred regarding
how Peyton and the Broncos will do, but he has erred on the conservative side.
Personally, I like that.

Ever since Denver's admittedly almost miraculous comeback against SD, the
fanbase has been giddy, and more than one analyst has crowned Denver as the
AFCW champion, including, surprisingly, the usually more rational Adam Schefter.

Not so fast. Yes, Denver can reasonably be deemed the favorite at the moment,
but the other teams, namely San Diego and Oakland, are not going to lie down
and hand it over. We don't know what's going to happen in the future. I think it
would be far better to expect less and get more than to expect more and get
less. I'm optimistic. I'm on the bandwagon. But my crystal ball says to stay calm.

Chef Zambini
10-22-2012, 02:42 PM
I am not on the bandwagon. I am watching the parade from the sidewalk, cheering the broncos as they go by and reminding myself this aint the same parade i watched in late january of 1998.

its a solid article of reflection, lets not dance around like eddie murphy with our childhood ice cream cone.