PDA

View Full Version : woody Paige is crazy

Pudge
10-21-2012, 04:25 PM
But he's still my favorite columnist by far

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_21819171/woody-paige-broncos-vs-giants-peyton-eli-super-bowl

Any thoughts?

cmc0605
10-21-2012, 05:21 PM
There's no reason, talent-wise, why this can't happen. I think we have a pretty balanced team, a potentially explosive offense, and the veterans/pro bowlers on defense to get it done. I also like our depth in the secondary and think our LBs will look better once D.J gets back. The chemistry between Peyton and the receivers will only get better, and it's already noticeable compared to week 1 or 2.

That said, I'm still worried about this team mentally. Too many mistakes, too many inconsistencies, too many "should have wrapped him up in the backfield but let him get away for an extra 5 yards" type of plays. This is a team that can come in and dominate or it can look like they are a bunch of chickens with their heads chopped off. And of course we all know that the first 30 minutes of gametime needs to improve. I really hope that the San Diego game marks a turnaround in that aspect.

Come December, it's not really about who has the best person at each position, whether or not we have an elite MLB or not, whether our safeties are adequate, etc; rather, it's about who wants it more and whether the gameplan works. Small things like an ill-timed penalty or sack can make a world of difference, so it's never a good idea to bet on a specific team.

blamkin86
10-22-2012, 09:08 AM
too many "should have wrapped him up in the backfield but let him get away for an extra 5 yards" type of plays.

Or put another way, too many times Champ has to come up and make a tackle that should have already been made.

Anyway, well said.

Dzone
10-22-2012, 09:26 AM
A Peyton vs Eli super bowl would be off the charts!
It could happen

Chef Zambini
10-22-2012, 01:43 PM
woody is always better when filtered thru an editor.
the unfiltered woody that we see on around the horn is far too clown like for the average viewing public.

as for our broncos.
I cant allow myself ANY post regular season expectations, I am just along for the ride !
on offense we have Manning, stokely and mcgehee with a quality offensive line that I feel I can count on, the rest?
honestly a crap shoot.
defense?
about as reliable as weather in denver in MAY !
one day 85, the next day 6 inches of snow !
the fact that so many are pointing to DJs return as "HOPE" for our defensive stability, just indicates how thin the ice is beneath any expectations.
ELVIS went from where you at to where you bin, dont pull those milk cartons off the shelf just yet.

I predicted 10-6 before the season, so , all has gone according to my expectations.
but now the saints are on the horizon, and i predicted a win against a saints team in dissarray, with their starting MLB on suspension.
so now that 10-6 is challenged, and with it our seat in the play-offs
stay tuned.
first half: keystone cops
second half: isreali special forces.
while I continue to commend the coaching staff for their second half adjust,ments, I hve to condemn the same folks for the first half gameplan going in !
there is more than just conservativism and knucklehead play at fault when a team consistently falls behind in the first half of EVERY single game!
we apparently needed PORTER to get sickj, to make improvements to our secondary?
and forgive my conspiracy tendancies, but didnt anyone else find the whole 'too sick to travel" stry just alittle too ambiguous?
"ambiguity" it defines our undefinable broncos.

Thnikkaman
10-22-2012, 02:07 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQO3wKOMROQZfj4Fx5bBI8AY14Cy21qf _mqeBkl2_lrw8mEkp8ZB_ETuyo11Q

Chef Zambini
10-22-2012, 02:29 PM
hello sponge,
meet loofa.

Thnikkaman
10-22-2012, 02:35 PM
hello sponge,
meet loofa.

What's up shampoo, this is body wash.

Dzone
10-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Hey son, ditch the cowboy hat, we only wear football caps in here

Chef Zambini
10-23-2012, 12:00 PM
a salute for the new avatar!

BroncoWave
10-23-2012, 12:06 PM
It's not the most likely scenario, but it's CERTAINLY possible. We have already faced 2 of the top 3 teams in the AFC (Maybe all 3 if you want to put Pitt ahead of Baltimore now) and have been in those games in the 4th quarter. As bad as the AFC this year, I wouldn't say it's a stretch at all to say any team our of NE, Houston, Denver, Baltimore, and Pitt could make a run at it. None of those teams in the Super Bowl this season would particularly shock me.

Ravage!!!
10-23-2012, 12:11 PM
The Giants finished 9-7 last year.

BroncoWave
10-23-2012, 12:13 PM
To add to my post, just from our schedule alone we could wind up with a record good enough to sneak into a first round bye. We are only a game out of that right now. If we could somehow swing two home playoff games I would like our odds.

Chef Zambini
10-23-2012, 12:31 PM
The Giants finished 9-7 last year.

'finished" is the wrong choice of words here.
it was there regular season record, but they were far from finished.
besides, the giants DONT want home games, for the last handful of years their record is better on the road !
back to our broncos;
WIN THE DIVISION !
thats a guaranteed ticket to the play-offs.
best course of action to win the division?
beat your division opponents !
i dont think, fox, elway or manning have ANy confusion about this course of action !
we have won 8 games and made the play-offs and we have won 11 games and been shut-out !
let me repeat myself,
WIN THE DIVISION !

Ravage!!!
10-23-2012, 12:37 PM
'finished" is the wrong choice of words here.
it was there regular season record, but they were far from finished.

That was kind of the point.