PDA

View Full Version : Chargers may have cheated Monday night!!

Broncomarkie
10-21-2012, 11:33 AM
League looking at report that a chargers equipment man was seen hiding illegal sticky substance and giving to players. NFL line judge reportedly s witnessed it and gave sample to Broncos and league...tweeted by Jay Glazer.

MOtorboat
10-21-2012, 11:36 AM
@JayGlazer: I'm reporting the NFL is investing the Chargers after they were caught using a banned illegal Stick em-type substance vs broncos Mon night

@JayGlazer: NFL Security has already begun investigation as SD equipment man was hiding illegal sticky substance and giving to ... http://t.co/dc4HDpR2

@JayGlazer: League takes any competitive advantage issue EXTREMELY serious

rjent
10-21-2012, 11:45 AM
I heard that on Fox Pregame. What a bunch of slime balls. :tsk:

spikerman
10-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Well, if they cheated and still couldn't win that doesn't say much for them, does it? Stay classy San Diego.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2012, 11:56 AM
This says about the same thing:

The San Diego Chargers are being investigated for what is potentially one of the most unsuccessful attempts at breaking the rules in NFL history.

FOX Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reports the Chargers were caught using an illegal "Stick em-type" substance versus the Denver Broncos on Monday night.

Glazer reports that the NFL had already started an investigation before Monday night. A Chargers equipment man was reportedly seen hiding the illegal sticky substance and giving to players. A line judge saw it and had it confiscated and sent to the Broncos and the league.

The Chargers blew a 24-0 lead on Monday night against the Broncos, losing 35-24.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000082614/article/chargers-allegedly-caught-using-sticky-substance

swaiy
10-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Can we sticky this thread for future laughs?

If this is true, it will stick with the Chargers forever.

Seriously though, its 2012 and they used StickUm. LOL?

They might lose draft picks. This keeps getting better and better lol

MOtorboat
10-21-2012, 12:02 PM
The San Diego Chargers are being investigated for what is potentially one of the most unsuccessful attempts at breaking the rules in NFL history.

Zing!

:pound:

swaiy
10-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Way to stick it to the man, San Diego. Stay classy whale vaginas.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2012, 12:16 PM
AND - from NFL article:

Glazer reports that the NFL had already started an investigation before Monday night

Investigation had been started BEFORE our game. Wonder how long they have been doing this???????

pnbronco
10-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Wow.....:laugh: I wonder if Rivers thought it was lotion and put it on by accident.......:ahhhhh:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Wow.....:laugh: I wonder if Rivers thought it was lotion and put it on by accident.......:ahhhhh:

Hey Girl - I think you have something there - Phyllis thought he was putting hand lotion on.

camdisco24
10-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Wow, this puts the Chargers in a sticky situation.

threefolddead
10-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Ooo lordy that win will never get old. It's like the gift that keeps on giving!

Northman
10-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Hmmm, im pretty stuck on this issue. On one hand i want the league to really stick it too them. On the other, watching the team come unglued and losing seems insulting enough to them.

MOtorboat
10-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Hmmm, im pretty stuck on this issue. On one hand i want the league to really stick it too them. On the other, watching the team come unglued and losing seems insulting enough to them.

Thank you, Wes Welker.

OrangeHoof
10-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Reminds me of Lester The Molester Hayes and the Glue Goons...

http://www.notinhalloffame.com/~notinhal/images/football/Lester%20Hayes.jpg

spikerman
10-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Who knew there were so many amateur comedians on the board?

Northman
10-21-2012, 01:51 PM

Ill be here all week.

spikerman
10-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Ill be here all week.

I'll be sure to tip the waitress.

T.K.O.
10-21-2012, 02:33 PM
the bad news is this will likely get norv fired......;)

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Ready for StickemGate, San Diego?

Here we go.

Fox Sports is reporting that the NFL is investigating the San Diego Chargers for using an illegal substance, Stick'em, during last Monday night’s 35-24 home loss to Denver. Fox’s Jay Glazer reports officials noticed an equipment manager bringing the substance (which was popular in the 1970s because players would use it so the ball would stick to their hands and uniform) onto the field with a towel.

Sticky, indeed.

Glazer reports the Chargers could face a large fine and perhaps the loss of draft picks.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/50030/report-chargers-used-banned-substance

topscribe
10-21-2012, 02:56 PM

DenBronx
10-21-2012, 03:06 PM
So we have Spygate, Bountygate and now we have Stickygate.

spikerman
10-21-2012, 03:11 PM
So we have Spygate, Bountygate and now we have Stickygate.

Stickygate... yuck.

T.K.O.
10-21-2012, 03:23 PM
so the Bolts all shared the "sticky towell"?:shocked::lol:

camdisco24
10-21-2012, 04:22 PM
I hope the NFL really sticks it to the Chargers. The fine should be to make them stick with Norv Turner for the next 5 seasons.

(Ok i'll stop now...)

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2012, 05:18 PM
SAN DIEGO—The NFL is investigating whether the San Diego Chargers used a banned sticky substance during Monday night's loss to the Denver Broncos.

If the league determines the Chargers used the substance, they could be fined or lose a draft pick.

Fox Sports first reported the investigation on Sunday.

"We have been looking into it," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

The Chargers issued a statement Sunday that said they are "aware of the inquiry and are cooperating fully with the League."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21823515/nfl-checking-report-chargers-used-sticky-substance

WELL - this is getting more "STICKY" by the minute

Simple Jaded
10-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Did somebody mention "sticky"? Lord Chronic.......

2- Minute Warning
10-21-2012, 07:55 PM

For some reason that gives me an idea/picture of....the person who was in charge of the glue getting it mixed up with super glue.

TXBRONC
10-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Zing!

:pound:

If they had won it wouldn't be funny but given the fact they lost to us it's quite funny.

TXBRONC
10-21-2012, 08:01 PM

If you watched him during the game he seemed walk gingerly to the huddle. I think he may mistaken it for a jock itch spray. :shocked:

TXBRONC
10-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Here's what they're saying on a Chargers' message board. Enjoy!

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=95781

Dzone
10-21-2012, 08:06 PM
crazy. The ball sticks to those new gloves like stickum. Just playing catch with a pair you can tell a difference. I guess putting goo makes them even stickier. Maybe the practice is widespread, or maybe just a stupid isolated incident. Who knows. Oh well.

shank
10-21-2012, 08:30 PM

Hey look, we found a way to lose to the bye week.

lol

Dzone
10-21-2012, 08:33 PM

Thats ******* great :pound:

TXBRONC
10-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Some of the stuff people can come up is ridiculous.

i think the whole stic*** story wasnt supposed to be leaked UNLESS the chargers had one that game. The whole thing reaks of the nfl trying to protect manning from a big loss, to save face. after all the chargers cant beat manning they cheated. when the chargers imploded i dont think it didnt matter anymore.
http://forums.chargers.com/index.php

TXBRONC
10-21-2012, 09:05 PM

Spike you really need to stick to the topic.

spikerman
10-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Spike you really need to stick to the top.

Bazinga! I see what you did there. :D

ShaneFalco
10-21-2012, 09:43 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img820/939/elephabnt.jpg

"COACH, I LOOK LIKE I JUST JACKED OFF AN ELEPHANT"

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2012, 09:51 PM
During Monday night's game, an equipment manager came onto the field with an illegal substance on hand towels, Fox Sports reported. Line judge Jeff Bergman saw the towels and tried to confiscate the substance. When the equipment manager wouldn't give it up, the officials made him empty his pockets and found a skin colored or clear type of tape, Fox Sports reported.

It wasn't clear whether the Chargers were on offense or defense when the substance was confiscated.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21823515/nfl-checking-report-chargers-used-sticky-substance

Would be interesting to know when the Line judge spotted this. The Broncos had four interceptions - would not the Bronco players have felt something on the ball, when they intercepted it? Or maybe I answered my own question - so I would assume the players were putting the tape on their hands - wonder if the Line judge ask to see any of the Chargers' hands???????

rjent
10-21-2012, 10:08 PM

Would be interesting to know when the Line judge spotted this. The Broncos had four interceptions - would not the Bronco players have felt something on the ball, when they intercepted it? Or maybe I answered my own question - so I would assume the players were putting the tape on their hands - wonder if the Line judge ask to see any of the Chargers' hands???????

Had they not been investigating them for a while? (I though it said that in another article). If so, then I would surmise that they were looking hard for it the whole game to catch them at it, and the line judge saw an opportunity to spring the trap...

Just a thought .... :)

Davii
10-21-2012, 10:20 PM

I doubt if whatever it was would've been left on the ball. The stickum is just a tacky film, think like rubbing Elmer's on your hands until it gets sticky.

Davii
10-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Had they not been investigating them for a while? (I though it said that in another article). If so, then I would surmise that they were looking hard for it the whole game to catch them at it, and the line judge saw an opportunity to spring the trap...

Just a thought .... :)

It did say they were already investigating, I'm sure the word was out to officials to be watchful.

Chidoze
10-21-2012, 11:18 PM
AND - from NFL article:

Investigation had been started BEFORE our game. Wonder how long they have been doing this???????
I think it's implying that the officials caught it during pre-game warm ups maybe? That's how I took it anyways.

If they had been doing it longer I'd think their record would be better than it is lol ;)

sneakers
10-22-2012, 04:13 AM
I like that one Broncos game in the 98 season where after one play, the refs stopped the game and had all the broncos o-line run over to the trainers who wiped them all down with towels because they had put some greasy stuff all over their jerseys lol

TXBRONC
10-22-2012, 05:50 AM
I like that one Broncos game in the 98 season where after one play, the refs stopped the game and had all the broncos o-line run over to the trainers who wiped them all down with towels because they had put some greasy stuff all over their jerseys lol

That was the divisional playoff game against the Chiefs.

Northman
10-22-2012, 07:27 AM

"The players were just using it too help keep themselves warm"

Signed,

Mike Shanahan.

CoachChaz
10-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Everybody in preofessional sports tries to gain an advantage any way they can. Whether it's PED's or videos of practices or cooking spray on jerseys or bounties or stick'em. This isnt breaking news, IMO

MileHighCrew
10-22-2012, 09:03 AM
I think the NFL should force the Chargers to give Norv a 9 year extention as punishment

pnbronco
10-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Everybody in preofessional sports tries to gain an advantage any way they can. Whether it's PED's or videos of practices or cooking spray on jerseys or bounties or stick'em. This isnt breaking news, IMO

Cooking spray on jerseys, never thought of that. Your hands would slide right off. This is why I have to work for a living I just can't come with ways to cheat. On the other hand I guess Norv couldn't either....:lol:

The reality is the gloves that the WR, RB's and DB's wear are pretty darn sticky on their own. Not glue sticky but stop something that would stop if you caught in your hand right now.

tomjonesrocks
10-23-2012, 08:52 AM
It sounds like the Chargers were using the "Gorilla Gold" product. Will be interesting to see if there's any punishment.

MasterShake
10-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Heard Mark Schlereth on ESPN radio the other day and he said that this is a common practice with most teams, and the Chargers just weren't discreet about it. What I want to know is that if its a true "stick em" type product how does the ref not notice it on the ball, or how does the QB throw it after a receiver transfers some of it to the ball? They must use such a small amount that its almost not even worth the risk or advantage.

weazel
10-23-2012, 11:00 AM
I doubt if whatever it was would've been left on the ball. The stickum is just a tacky film, think like rubbing Elmer's on your hands until it gets sticky.

think about rubbing Elmer until your hands get sticky?? gross dude

Day1BroncoFan
10-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Leave it to the chargirls to stick it to themselves. :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2012, 01:31 PM
With the San Diego Chargers under investigation by the NFL for using an illegal "stickum-type" substance against the Denver Broncos last Monday night, coach Norv Turner says his team is innocent.

Chargers linebacker Shaun Phillips also disagrees with his teammates being labeled as rule-breakers, but he acknowledged Monday that he's seen plenty of foul play during his nine-year NFL career.

"Cheater is a big word," Phillips told reporters Monday, via ProFootballTalk.com. "I've seen a lot of cheating in the NFL. I don't know that you could consider the use of stickum to be cheating. But it always sucks because you never want to be cast as a cheater. All you have to do is keep playing and doing what you’re doing. Let people say what they have to say and take care of your own business."

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000084156/article/shuan-phillips-ive-seen-a-lot-of-cheating-in-the-nfl

OK Phillips - so it bothers you that the use of a BANNED substance is considered cheating. Would it make you feel better if rather than using the word cheating - we just say that it is considered a NO NO?????

BigDaddyBronco
10-23-2012, 02:23 PM
rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000084156/article/shuan-phillips-ive-seen-a-lot-of-cheating-in-the-nfl

OK Phillips - so it bothers you that the use of a BANNED substance is considered cheating. Would it make you feel better if rather than using the word cheating - we just say that it is considered a NO NO?????

I think Phillips was thinking about Shawne Merriman sticking a needle in his butt when he was referencing cheating.....

McKeough
10-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Peyton Manning really stuck it to 'em...

Dzone
10-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Chargers used some special towels to dry off their hands and balls