PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning seeing more blitzes as Broncos quarterback

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Q: I heard how the offense the Broncos play now is a combination of the Colts' offense with (Peyton) Manning and the Broncos' offense. Do you know what other teams' defensive coaches think about that? Is that true?

A: Matt, a few opposing coaches, including Patriots coach Bill Belichick, have said the Broncos offense is "totally" what the Colts did for most of Manning's 13 years behind center.

But that isn't quite correct.

Most of the elements of what Manning did with the Colts can be found in the Broncos' passing game. The pass routes for the receivers and most of the progressions Manning uses on those pass plays are from the Indianapolis playbook.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21810454/peyton-manning-seeing-more-blitzes-broncos-quarterback?_requestid=1265297

swaiy
10-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Basically they thought Manny was the weak link lol. Hopefully they keep blitzing and Kuper picks it up. It only benefits us that they blitz now.

DenBronx
10-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Manning will pick that ish up and torch your asses.....so go ahead and blitz and Manning will keep hitting Thomas on the screen for 70 yards.

OrangeHoof
10-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Manning had a quick release in Indy and relied on timing patterns which made it almost pointless to blitz him. With Denver, he seems to be holding the ball longer and I think that's because the receivers are not as precise in their routes and Manning has had to ad lib more. Thus, he's more prone to blitzing than he was at Indy.

underrated29
10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Manning wins 95% of the time when and teams blitz him. I say keep bringing the blitz and he will keep torching you

Superchop 7
10-20-2012, 08:59 PM
My problem is.....besides McGahee and Ball.....who do you trust to make the block?

swaiy
10-20-2012, 09:10 PM
My problem is.....besides McGahee and Ball.....who do you trust to make the block?

Well Hillman is coming along. Not only is he the change of pace back behind McGahee, he is also the 3rd down back (against the Chargers at least). The only thing holding him back was pass protection so I suspect it is getting better since his role is changing.

dogfish
10-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Well Hillman is coming along. Not only is he the change of pace back behind McGahee, he is also the 3rd down back (against the Chargers at least). The only thing holding him back was pass protection so I suspect it is getting better since his role is changing.

hillman really is making strides-- i saw him make a couple of very nice blocks last week. . .

underrated29
10-21-2012, 03:29 AM

You don't want to KNOW my answer. Buff will be on suicide watch.

dogfish
10-24-2012, 01:48 AM

oh please. . . we love ya, man, but nobody cares if you still like slowshon. . . :lol:

Chef Zambini
10-24-2012, 02:50 AM
hilman is getting more play time . The coaches must trust him to make the right read and block;
they would not risk the consequences of a missed assignment.PM needs to continue to THROW the ball to the runningbacks!
at least 4 times a half !
I am sure PM will eventually figure it out.

vandammage13
10-26-2012, 12:02 PM
I think the amount of blitzes is due to oppsing team's lack of respect for the pass blocking abilities of our O-line.

So far, we've been doing a lot of quick, short throws, so it hasn't been an issue.

I think we'll see less blitzes coming our way as the season progresses...Blitzes are pretty pointless if you are doing a lot of slants and WR screens.

Ravage!!!
10-26-2012, 12:33 PM
I think the amount of blitzes is due to oppsing team's lack of respect for the pass blocking abilities of our O-line.

So far, we've been doing a lot of quick, short throws, so it hasn't been an issue.

I think we'll see less blitzes coming our way as the season progresses...Blitzes are pretty pointless if you are doing a lot of slants and WR screens.

Which is what QBs do to counter the blitz. We are seeing more short routes, because teams are blitzing. Seems our OL has been fantastic so far, and can't imagine that being a reason to blitz. I think its because they are relying on our QB and WRs just not being on the same page this early in the season. Trying to keep Manning from beating them long with longer routes by forcing him to hit the short hots.

But I've read before that QBs like Manning, Brees and Brady's QB rating is usually in the 154 range on plays where the defenses blitz. Great, keep blitzing and take your chance on fooling Manning.

TXBRONC
10-26-2012, 02:25 PM
oh please. . . we love ya, man, but nobody cares if you still like slowshon. . . :lol:

So true on all counts. :nod:

Ravage!!!
10-26-2012, 02:26 PM
is slowshon still on the team?

TXBRONC
10-26-2012, 02:27 PM

Moreno couldn't block a 90 year old in wheelchair.

TXBRONC
10-26-2012, 02:27 PM

He's fourth on the depth chart.

bcbronc
10-26-2012, 03:03 PM
If opposing teams don't respect our OL's pass blocking ability, why would they blitz? I'd think they'd want to keep te extra guy or two in coverage and generate pressure with just 4 rushers. Especially with a celrebral QB like Manning.

Ravage!!!
10-26-2012, 04:57 PM
If opposing teams don't respect our OL's pass blocking ability, why would they blitz? I'd think they'd want to keep te extra guy or two in coverage and generate pressure with just 4 rushers. Especially with a celrebral QB like Manning.

Great point

Simple Jaded
10-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Define "on the team"?.......

Ravage!!!
10-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Define "on the team"?.......

Taking up a roster spot?

Simple Jaded
10-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Taking up a roster spot?