PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos will win AFC West; Norv Turner, A.J. Smith done

Denver Native (Carol)
10-18-2012, 01:51 PM
The San Diego Chargers were up 24-0 on the Denver Broncos at the half on Monday night. Then Philip Rivers forgot how to play football, Peyton Manning looked like vintage Peyton Manning and the Broncos somehow won the game by double digits.

Mark the date. Oct. 15, 2012. The 30 minutes of stunning football we witnessed in the second half rocked the landscape in the AFC West. The second half declared a division champ and could have cost two general managers and two head coaches their jobs.

Let's take a look at how one half affected an entire division:

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000081768/article/denver-broncos-will-win-afc-west-norv-turner-aj-smith-done

slim
10-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Knee-jerk.

Ravage!!!
10-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Not sure about knee jerk considering how badly the Chargers have looked since Norv has taken over. Smith ran the best coach they had out of town, and has made TERRIBLE draft choices since. Not to mention all the crappy decisions he's made on personnel leaving.

slim
10-18-2012, 02:13 PM
I was talking more about the proclamation that the AFCW race is over.

Northman
10-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Yea, nothing is ever set in stone.

TXBRONC
10-18-2012, 03:37 PM
rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000081768/article/denver-broncos-will-win-afc-west-norv-turner-aj-smith-done

I think this guy is jumping the gun. There are still ten games left and the Chargers have rather annoying habit of having a late season surge. It's not that I think Denver can't win the division but with ten games to go the race isn't over yet.

slim
10-18-2012, 03:51 PM
I think this guy is jumping the gun. There are still ten games left and the Chargers have rather annoying habit of having a late season surge. It's not that I think Denver can't win the division but with ten games to go the race isn't over yet.

As we have learned, it's not even over with a 3 game lead and 3 games to play.

UnderArmour
10-18-2012, 05:27 PM
The Chargers are still 3-3 and might make it in as a wild card or win the division outright somehow. The AFC is awful right now. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I sure as hell hope this is a spot on prediction of things to come though.

Chef Zambini
10-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Yea, nothing is ever set in stone.stone hedge
red rocks
mesa verde
mount rushmore
sugarloaf
cliffs of dover
gibralter...

MOtorboat
10-18-2012, 10:26 PM
stone hedge
red rocks
meas verde
mount rushmore
sugarloaf
cliffs of dover
gibralter...

Didn't you complain all offseason about how articles didn't contain any pertinent information?

Just saying.

Chef Zambini
10-18-2012, 10:43 PM
mo, you really have a serious issue. he said "nothing is set in stone."
I jokingly referanced a few places on earth that are actually set in stone, ASU stadium another one.

You try to have an arguement over comedy,
you are seriously sick in the cranium and need to seek professional help.
no, talking to ravage does not help.

MOtorboat
10-18-2012, 11:17 PM
mo, you really have a serious issue. he said "nothing is set in stone."
I jokingly referanced a few places on earth that are actually set in stone, ASU stadium another one.

You try to have an arguement over comedy,
you are seriously sick in the cranium and need to seek professional help.
no, talking to ravage does not help.

And I jokingly referred to comments that you have made about things not being relevant.

You should stop taking yourself so seriously.

TXBRONC
10-19-2012, 06:49 AM
The Chargers are still 3-3 and might make it in as a wild card or win the division outright somehow. The AFC is awful right now. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I sure as hell hope this is a spot on prediction of things to come though.

Right now we have the upper hand now can we maintain that advantage.

Chef Zambini
10-20-2012, 01:36 AM
Knee-jerk.I think the rest of his joints might also qualify.

sneakers
10-20-2012, 01:40 AM
Duh!

Chef Zambini
10-20-2012, 01:41 AM
AJ smith, he is good at identifying talent, but a complete idioit when it comes to KEEPING great talent!
he is a scout that NEVER should have been given the power of GM, because his arrogance gets in the way of the teams continuity and success.
NORV, he's just the only dufus that would work for a GM like smith who every year encourages the best players on the team to hit the bricks!
zero loyalty, zero appreciation, zero trips to the superbowl as a consequence !
AJ smith is his own worst enemy and his puppet turner just gets caught up in all the severed strings of lost talent !

OrangeHoof
10-20-2012, 05:50 AM
I hate articles where columnists talk in the first-person. HE was fooled. HE bought in. HE thinks they're done. HE talks like a fantasy owner who is upset that his player wasn't fed the rock more often. Garbage. Utter garbage.

Denver may indeed win the West and this win may turn out to be a pivotal moment but there's still two months to play and, as Jerry Glanville once said, the NFL stands for "Not For Long". One or two crushing injuries to key players and - bam - the Broncos are an ordinary team again.

Savor the win, especially in a bye week, but don't be sold on garbage like this.