PDA

View Full Version : The Man With the Iron Fists (Tarantino Film)

Northman
10-18-2012, 07:03 AM
Saw the trailer last night and loved it. REALLY looking forward to this as i love kung foo movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7l3okIqnCg

SR
10-18-2012, 07:18 AM
I can't wait to see it. I'm a big Quentin fan. His movies are always twisted around. Plus Lucy Liu = awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thnikkaman
10-18-2012, 07:34 AM
I'm really interested in seeing how Bobby Digital does in this role. Looking forward to it.

MasterShake
10-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Looks like a cool movie, but I wish that Tarantino was more than just the producer on it. While I love his films, some of the stuff he produces is hit or miss for me. I would love to see him write or direct a movie like this. Kill Bill is still one of the best martial arts movies ever, I'm surprised he never tackled the genre again himself.

Oh well, at least we finally get the Tarantino western with Django Unchained soon!

Northman
10-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Oh well, at least we finally get the Tarantino western with Django Unchained soon!

Is that a sequel? Ive seen one of his kung fu westerns already. Just cant remember the name of it.

MasterShake
10-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Is that a sequel? Ive seen one of his kung fu westerns already. Just cant remember the name of it.

No, its the only western he's done so far. You might have seen something he's produced (he and Eli Roth produce a lot of smaller to medium budget films like that together).

eUdM9vrCbow

MOtorboat
10-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Directed by Rza of the Wu-Tang Clan. I didn't know that. I've seen the preview before and it looks pretty good, but I didn't realize who actually was directing it.

MasterShake
10-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Directed by Rza of the Wu-Tang Clan. I didn't know that. I've seen the preview before and it looks pretty good, but I didn't realize who actually was directing it.

I think he and Eli Roth also wrote it. Should be pretty good.

CoachChaz
10-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Tarantino is my Lord and Savior in the film industry. It just seems like every time the industry gets stale with a bunch of the same old chick flicks and comic book m ovies...QT comes around and shakes things up with a gem.

Buff
10-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Tarantino is my Lord and Savior in the film industry. It just seems like every time the industry gets stale with a bunch of the same old chick flicks and comic book m ovies...QT comes around and shakes things up with a gem.

Watching his newly released movies in the theater is like a religious experience for me that I never want to end. 100% pure entertainment with no apologies for any unconventional film making, no filler, and nothing unintended.

MasterShake
10-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Watching his newly released movies in the theater is like a religious experience for me that I never want to end. 100% pure entertainment with no apologies for any unconventional film making, no filler, and nothing unintended.

I like how he spaces them out, too. Just when you start to wonder what happened to him - BAM! New QT movie. Even my least favorite movie of his (Jackie Brown) is still really good.

Northman
02-18-2013, 10:23 AM
8/10

For most of the movie it was going to be a 9/10 but most of the ending fights were pretty lame except for RZA (Iron Fists) and Battista (Bronze Body) so it lost some at the end.

Buff
02-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Flight - 6/10

Meh.

BeefStew25
02-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Flight - 6/10

Meh.

Denzel carried it. I like when he checks out the flight attendants ass when she bent over naked. Made the movie IMHO.

BroncoJoe
02-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Flight - 6/10

Meh.

Ditto. It was a "good" movie (I may rate it 7/10). Just too many uninteresting parts that could have been eliminated.

Zweems56
02-18-2013, 03:22 PM

I'm pretty late with this, but I think you were talking about Sukiyaki Western Django.

Northman
02-18-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm pretty late with this, but I think you were talking about Sukiyaki Western Django.

It was either that or a movie called The Good, The Bad, The Weird. Not sure on the name though.