PDA

View Full Version : Were you impressed by the number of Bronco fans in San Diego?

sneakers
10-17-2012, 04:21 PM
I was driving to work listening on the national (westwood one) broadcast of the game, and the broadcaster said there must have been 10,000 bronco fans there.

But I saw on tv, there wasn't just a smattering of orange in the crowd, it was about 15-20%!

Buff
10-17-2012, 04:57 PM
We always have a good showing in San Diego. I think it's a combination of there being a ton of Colorado people in California, and San Diego having a joke of a GM/Franchise/Fan base.

Northman
10-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Surprisingly, there are a lot of Bronco fans at Ravens games that ive seen. I was quite amazed at how many show up.

BroncoWave
10-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah, Broncos fans travel really well. I've been to games at Tennessee and New Orleans and both had quite a large amount of Broncos fans in attendance.

pipes
10-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Yeah, Broncos fans travel really well. I've been to games at Tennessee and New Orleans and both had quite a large amount of Broncos fans in attendance.

We went to the Bronco-Viking preseason game two years ago and regular season game last year. There was easily 35% of the crowd rooting for Denver at each game.

I remember after last year several players, mainly Brian Dawkins commenting on it being like a home game.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
10-17-2012, 11:23 PM
I wish the Cleveland game was in Cleveland b/c I would love to go to that. (Yeah, it's tough being a Broncos fan in Cleveland. They still haven't forgotten about the fumble or the drive.)

Well, I suppose I can make the trip down to Cincinnati.

ShaneFalco
10-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Sea of Orange

DenBronx
10-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Sea of orange? Here is a clip from Shadd at Bronco Planet. Go ahead and judge for yourself but I think we own that stadium now. :cool:

1NFvF6X95vU&feature=player_embedded

CrazyHorse
10-18-2012, 12:28 AM
We went to the Bronco-Viking preseason game two years ago and regular season game last year. There was easily 35% of the crowd rooting for Denver at each game.

I remember after last year several players, mainly Brian Dawkins commenting on it being like a home game.

I went to both of those games and there was definitely a good number of Bronco fans.

SoCalImport
10-18-2012, 05:45 AM
My one and only (I suck. I know) Broncos game was at the Murph back in 97. There was an aweful lot of Orange in the stands that day. Probably bolstered by the fact that the Broncos were on their way to great things, and the fans felt it. I was just totally star struck that day.

tomjonesrocks
10-18-2012, 08:57 AM
I was there and opted not to wear Bronco gear after having some incidents at sports bars but that was a mistake.

The 15-20 percent number is quite accurate. It was amazing.

OTOH--that first half was one of the worst "entertainment" experiences of my life. Being covered in Broncos gear wouldn't have made it better.

BroncoNut
10-18-2012, 09:34 AM
I was a bit. However San Diego is a beautiful area with alot of family type entertainment available with Seaworld, Knottsberry farm, , the zoo :drool: so I can understand making a trip out of it this time of year

tomjonesrocks
10-18-2012, 11:34 AM
This was early, and before the game started but you can already see a good representation of orange.

Again though, the comeback for me didn't really make up for the first half. By the time Denver finally decided to show up at Qualcomm I was very drunk and frayed after enduring (without a single thing to cheer for) hours of fans dancing in the stands, cannons, high-fives, enough Gary Glitter to last a lifetime, etc. For my health maybe I will just tune in to 4th quarters and then watch the first 3 after the game if the team decides to play. That was bad.

By the end I was more angry in a "That's right BITCH!!!" sort of way then celebrating. Overall really a really extreme emotional roller coaster that didn't really whet my palate for 4 more days of my always-shitty workplace.

BroncoNut
10-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Sea of orange? Here is a clip from Shadd at Bronco Planet. Go ahead and judge for yourself but I think we own that stadium now. :cool:

1NFvF6X95vU&feature=player_embedded

that looks like a effin blast.

NightTerror218
10-18-2012, 11:41 AM

referring to the woman?

DenBronx
10-20-2012, 03:17 PM

I know and I'm so pissed I did not travel up to SD for this game now.

I'm thinking about renting a Luxury suite for the Broncos vs raider game. Cost is $245 per person and need 16 people all together. I have 5-8 friends of mine already wanting to go but we would still need another 8 or so to join in. Price includes parking for 3 cars and access to the club with the suite. Plus you wont have to worry about idiot raider fans tossing beer on your Elway jersey and you can heckle them all from the suite while we are winning.

Day1BroncoFan
10-20-2012, 05:49 PM
While the number of Broncos fans may have been impressive, I was way more impressed by the number of Broncos points scored. :D

Superchop 7
10-20-2012, 08:21 PM
God bless Bronco fans in San Diego.