PDA

View Full Version : Holliday won't get dumped for now

blamkin86
10-17-2012, 10:48 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/10/16/trindon-holliday-job-broncos-punt-returner/16327/

Northman
10-17-2012, 10:53 AM
“Oh yeah,” Fox said. “In defense of him, we could have done a better job of vicing the gunner in that situation. Their guy pushed our guy into him a little bit. That’s why it wasn’t a foul. It wasn’t all his fault.”]

Coach Fox, please stop smoking the crack.

If a denver player was pushed into Holliday the ball would of never been awarded to SD on a fair catch. Fact is, dude just muffed it so lets please just call it what it was and not make up senarios to justify it.

BroncoNut
10-17-2012, 11:00 AM
whew. good. I was really looking forward to spending time with my family

Ravage!!!
10-17-2012, 01:09 PM
I actually did think that the cover man was RIGHT in his face, and thought there should have been a call. However, he just muffed the ball. But glad he isn't getting cut after one game. That would be pretty stupid.

Superchop 7
10-19-2012, 09:29 AM
If I was a kick "returner", my life would be a helluva lot easier if I didn't have to catch the ball because I could read the coverage coming down the field and know where to go.

Have Leonard catch it and then give it to Holliday.....he will then block the first gunner. (there is always that one gunner that does not get blocked......now he will be)

Then Leonard can sit back and watch the vapor trail.

When the TD happens the coaches will look like geniuses.

Ravage!!!
10-19-2012, 10:03 AM
If I was a kick "returner", my life would be a helluva lot easier if I didn't have to catch the ball because I could read the coverage coming down the field and know where to go.

Have Leonard catch it and then give it to Holliday.....he will then block the first gunner. (there is always that one gunner that does not get blocked......now he will be)

Then Leonard can sit back and watch the vapor trail.

When the TD happens the coaches will look like geniuses.

yeah, except the exchange would take enough time to make about 3 steps downfield.

Chef Zambini
10-20-2012, 12:12 AM
teams with good speciasl teams typicly have great St coaches, and in MOST cases, that guy is ALSO the HC !
jeff fisher has always had great special teams, i wonder why that is?
same with bill parcels.
I find it difficult to beleive that on a roster of 54 players we cant find a viable, reliable punt and kick returner. I am more inclined to believe that we dont have a COACH that can properly teach and practice the right technique.
sorry, but when you see the same symptoms from 4 different players I am inclined to assume there is a problem with the COACHING !

cmc0605
10-20-2012, 09:29 PM
I for one am very happy we have someone other than Leonard, since I'd rather root for a team that plays to win rather than not playing to lose. Field position is a huge part of the game, even when you have Peyton Manning. The whole argument of having a "safe" punt returner is irritating and not compelling. This is the NFL, full of some of the best athletes in the world. No one can convince me that people aren't around that can both field a kick/punt and also run better than a guy who runs like he has an ATV attached to his ass. Aside from that, there are 31 other teams in the league and most of them don't seem to have the "safe but no threat" philosophy...and when I watch games every sunday, there's a very low probability that a punt or kickoff will be screwed up. If the odds of a screw up were sufficient enough to bring in a "safe" guy than I could buy the argument, but they aren't.

Finally, I've re-watched the punt return a few times, and I still don't know why it wasn't a fair catch interference. The San Diego guy seemed to be pushed (maybe this is what Fox meant?) but not in a sufficient way to be forced into the kicker. What is the rule anyway? I thought you needed to give a 1-2 yard cushion? The guy didn't touch Holliday, but he was within that cushion. (Regardless, it would be pretty stupid to cut a guy after one screw-up).