PDA

View Full Version : Our DBs

DenBronx
10-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Tracy Porter #22 (26 years old)

Chris Harris #25 (23 years old)

Tony Carter #32 (26 years old)

Champ Bailey #24 (34 years old)

All Ballin! Champs not made any flashy INTs in awhile but he always makes key tackles and doesnt give up too many plays. Chris Harris who went undrafted as a rookie has played extremely well in the nickle but he can also play multiple areas on D, including Safety. Harris by far is the biggest value on defense. Porter has done really well and is by far better than Goodman and he even had a pick 6 earlier in the year. Then of course this Tony Carter kid who is only 5'9! He was everywhere last night and looks really fast! Carter deffinitely was a game changer against SD.

Bailey is 34 and I think he has a few good years left in him. I think Bailey will be here at least as long as Manning will be here. But, it looks as if we are pretty solid at CB and we have young guys ready to step up.

Grover
10-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Omar Bolden #31 (23 years old)

5'-10" 195

I know he's mainly on special teams now, but there's promise for the future.

Magnificent Seven
10-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Champ Bailey can play until 40's. Look at Washington Redskin's Darrell Green. He played until he turned 40-something.

DenBronx
10-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Omar Bolden #31 (23 years old)

5'-10" 195

I know he's mainly on special teams now, but there's promise for the future.

Didnt Bolden fumble a return last night?

silkamilkamonico
10-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Yea. Haven't really been that impressed with him at all in the return game.

CrazyHorse
10-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Yes, but what about our safeties?

DenBronx
10-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Bolden and Holliday both fumbled.

Grover
10-16-2012, 04:47 PM

Well yes he did, but he almost caught it. Hopefully next year he'll prove he's better at covering receivers than covering kicks.

DenBronx
10-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Yes, but what about our safeties?

Not really impressed so far with the safeties. But they did make alot of tackles last night. I'm almost wondering if one of our DBs might slide to safety if ever needed. They all seem to be doing really well as a unit.

Has Champs time came to move to Safety? Especially with these young guys making plays?

DenBronx
10-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Well yes he did, but he almost caught it. Hopefully next year he'll prove he's better at covering receivers than covering kicks.

To be fair it looked like the Charger guy didnt allow him the 5 yards to catch the football. He was right on top of him and that should have been flagged.

broncofaninfla
10-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Pressure from the blitzes made Rivers make mistakes and the DB's came through and got the turnovers. The aggressive play calling paid off. Loved the way the team played in the second half.

smith49
10-17-2012, 12:34 AM
To be fair it looked like the Charger guy didnt allow him the 5 yards to catch the football. He was right on top of him and that should have been flagged.

Im pretty sure there is no such rule. There used to be a halo rule (not anywhere near 5 yards) but that was done away with a few years back. If the defensive player touches the returner before he catches the ball its a penalty, other than that, there is no limit on how close they can come.

bcbronc
10-17-2012, 02:25 AM
5 yard rule on punts is a Canadian rule.

shank
10-17-2012, 02:55 AM
Has Champs time came to move to Safety? Especially with these young guys making plays?

:yardog:

Army Bronco
10-17-2012, 02:59 AM
No one is talking about Jim Leonard's int because it was early in the game but it was also a great play. He took the ball from the receivers hands. Spiking it didnt help though.

shank
10-17-2012, 03:36 AM
No one is talking about Jim Leonard's int because it was early in the game but it was also a great play. He took the ball from the receivers hands. Spiking it didnt help though.

overrunning that fumble was pretty dumb too, but ended up being a non factor with the sack-fumble-TD right after. it really was a nice INT.

Army Bronco
10-17-2012, 04:36 AM

overrunning that fumble was pretty dumb too, but ended up being a non factor with the sack-fumble-TD right after. it really was a nice INT. Forgot about that . Man that pissed me off too. I yelled MOTHER...and stopped..lol my 9 month baby got scared cause he rarely hears me raise my voice around him. Poor kid.

Joel
10-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Not really impressed so far with the safeties. But they did make alot of tackles last night. I'm almost wondering if one of our DBs might slide to safety if ever needed. They all seem to be doing really well as a unit.

Between Porter and Harris I think Champ'll be a safety next year. Someone mentioned Darrell Green playing CB until he was 40 but 1) that was a different era, when coverage was more about knocking the ball out after a catch than knocking it down or getting picks and 2) Darrell Green was a freak of nature. Champ was visibly slowing last year; now he's visibly slowER. He still has great reads and anticipation, and remains a brutal tackler, but the days when he could just WILL himelf to make up ground on receivers are gone.

Fortunately, reading plays and making tackles is critical need most of our safeties lack, and Porter, Harris (possibly even Carter) gives us the CBs to facilitate Champ moving to safety. I actually like Adams and Leonhard at safety, but one is 31 and the other 29, and Rahim Moore remains a disaster; he is to safety what Mays is to LB: No one told him he must read plays and cover, not just blow up (or overrun) ball carriers.

shank
10-17-2012, 11:25 PM
zam just squirted all over joels avatar

DenBronx
10-18-2012, 12:45 AM
No knock on Champ moving him to Safety. Just means he might be incredible at Safety too. It means we would get ALL of the best play makers on the field at the same time to create a mess of turnovers. Maybe not this year but next year might be another thing. I don't want to see these young play makers sitting on the bench. The guys that create turnovers need to be on the field. Makes you wonder now why Jack Del Rio put 7 DBs on the field earlier in the year. The coaches already know what these guys can do and now us fans are getting to see it.

Like I said above, Chris Harris has experience at Safety so he might be the guy for the job. I just don't know right now about Adams and Moore. With Leaonard, Porter, Harris, Carter and Bailey ONE of these guys might be our answer at Safety without having to draft someone else. I think Bailey would be amazing here especially pushing 35 years old.

NightTerror218
10-18-2012, 12:51 AM
dont talk about moving champ to safety Zam might go nuts

bcbronc
10-18-2012, 01:16 AM
overrunning that fumble was pretty dumb too, but ended up being a non factor with the sack-fumble-TD right after. it really was a nice INT.

Anyone catch who batted the fumble out of the crowd so Carter could scoop n score? Not sure if it was intentional or not, but if it was it was a pretty heady move.

Fortunately, reading plays and making tackles is critical need most of our safeties lack, and Porter, Harris (possibly even Carter) gives us the CBs to facilitate Champ moving to safety. I actually like Adams and Leonhard at safety, but one is 31 and the other 29, and Rahim Moore remains a disaster; he is to safety what Mays is to LB: No one told him he must read plays and cover, not just blow up (or overrun) ball carriers.

Of course I agree that moving Champ to S is a good move, but I don't think you can call Moore a disaster at this point. He's improved and is top 20 in the league statistically in tackles. With one of the better solo to assist ratios as well. He still blows his share of coverages and isn't anything special at this point, but comparing him to Mays is a bit rough.

BroncoNut
10-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Forgot about that . Man that pissed me off too. I yelled MOTHER...and stopped..lol my 9 month baby got scared cause he rarely hears me raise my voice around him. Poor kid.

I reacted the same way. My dog thought I was in trouble and jumped up on my bed

Ravage!!!
10-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Im pretty sure there is no such rule. There used to be a halo rule (not anywhere near 5 yards) but that was done away with a few years back. If the defensive player touches the returner before he catches the ball its a penalty, other than that, there is no limit on how close they can come.

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. I still believe there is a 1 yrd "halo" on punt returns.

Buff
10-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Omar Bolden has been horrendous.

Really encouraged by Tony Carter and Chris Harris last week though. That's as good a game as I can remember from our DBs.

Ravage!!!
10-18-2012, 10:51 AM
people have talked about moving Champ to safety for years. Its not like zam's hardon for Champ to move to safety is something new, and even though he'll "claim" to have called it.....it will eventually happen. But he's still playing very well, and this wasn't the year to do it. MAYBE next year considering the age.

Day1BroncoFan
10-18-2012, 12:00 PM
As for moving Champ to safety, that will never happen until after we have someone to play his position better than him. When is that?

NightTerror218
10-18-2012, 12:03 PM
As for moving Champ to safety, that will never happen until after we have someone to play his position better than him. When is that?

he is only 34 come on. he has a few more years there. he is not being beaten bad. He is keeping up with the WR. until he is getting beaten he will stay.

Day1BroncoFan
10-18-2012, 12:24 PM
he is only 34 come on. he has a few more years there. he is not being beaten bad. He is keeping up with the WR. until he is getting beaten he will stay.

Who said he's being beaten?

NightTerror218
10-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Who said he's being beaten?

I never said but even when he is, he will be out there until he is getting toasted out there and beaten bad. he will remain entrenched.

Day1BroncoFan
10-18-2012, 12:52 PM
I never said but even when he is, he will be out there until he is getting toasted out there and beaten bad. he will remain entrenched.

Agreed.

LTC Pain
10-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Just throwing this out there because I hear oft criticism of Adams/Moore. Just checked the tackling stats and Adams/Moore are tied for 37th in the NFL with 41 tackles apiece. That is 2nd/3rd on the Broncos behind Woodyards 48 tackles, tied for 18th in the NFL. Stats (especially one stat) don't tell everything I know. I'm not sure I would even sniff at a Safety or CB in the next draft unless one falls in the Broncos' lap. For sure we need a MLB, RB, WR and depth on the O-line at the next draft. I for one appreciate the big improvement the Broncos FO made in our secondary

BroncoNut
10-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Just throwing this out there because I hear oft criticism of Adams/Moore. Just checked the tackling stats and Adams/Moore are tied for 37th in the NFL with 41 tackles apiece. That is 2nd/3rd on the Broncos behind Woodyards 48 tackles, tied for 18th in the NFL. Stats (especially one stat) don't tell everything I know. I'm not sure I would even sniff at a Safety or CB in the next draft unless one falls in the Broncos' lap. For sure we need a MLB, RB, WR and depth on the O-line at the next draft. I for one appreciate the big improvement the Broncos FO made in our secondary

tied for 37th oout of 32 teams. That sucks

hello McFly!!

LTC Pain
10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
tied for 37th oout of 32 teams. That sucks

hello McFly!!

32 teams with 11 players each on defense = 352 players tackling. Being 37th out of that bunch ain't bad. In fact, as I re-look at the stats, only seven secondary dudes on other teams have more tackles than Adams/Moore. This stat tells me our team badly needs a monster in the middle. Quad "hello McFly" back at yah!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=TACKLES&conference=null&season=2012&seasonType=REG

Chef Zambini
10-18-2012, 10:16 PM
its not about being beaten, its about the defense being BETTER with a better safety in the middle of the field!
look at how the steelers D has taken a huge duve in capability with palomalo out!
CHAMP cxan be our PALOMALO and make PLAYS insread of baby-sitting a decoy WR all game long.
harris and carter looked good... for one half of a game. Ihope it is an indication of the future.
the saints will have a half dozen different receivers for us to cover and brees will definatly attack our weakest link.

MOtorboat
10-18-2012, 10:25 PM
its not about being beaten, its about the defense being BETTER with a better safety in the middle of the field!
look at how the steelers D has taken a huge duve in capability with palomalo out!
CHAMP cxan be our PALOMALO and make PLAYS insread of baby-sitting a decoy WR all game long.
harris and carter looked good... for one half of a game. Ihope it is an indication of the future.
the saints will have a half dozen different receivers for us to cover and brees will definatly attack our weakest link.

You haven't been watching games have you?