PDA

View Full Version : The Defense

catfish
10-16-2012, 06:56 AM
If the D plays like this in the playoffs this team could go deep. They really only gave up 1 good drive, had 17 point that they gave up off turnovers which you cant really hold against them. You don't lose many games when the D only gives up 7 and creates 14 points

Tned
10-16-2012, 07:27 AM
One major factor is that this defense is going to play better with a lead, because it allows Doom and Von on the edge and Wolf in the middle to be more aggressive. The offensive struggles, which in large part are a result of turnovers and conservative play calling early in games, is allowing other teams to get early leads and run the ball down the Broncos throats and mitigate their pass rush.

If the Broncos can get things rolling on offense in the first half and put up points so the other team feels they have to score every time they have the ball, this defense could really shine.

MileHighCrew
10-16-2012, 07:59 AM
This D is made to play from a lead. IF they can stop the turn overs and take a lead they will be very tough to play against

catfish
10-16-2012, 08:17 AM
they looked pretty damn good playing all game yesterday. Really only gave up 7 earned points.

Tned
10-16-2012, 08:20 AM
they looked pretty damn good playing all game yesterday. Really only gave up 7 earned points.

You're right. Just saying, like MHC, that they are really built, especially their pass rush with smaller guys, to play with the lead when the other team is pressured to pass. They aren't at their best when the other team can run the ball with the lead.

catfish
10-16-2012, 08:24 AM
You're right. Just saying, like MHC, that they are really built, especially their pass rush with smaller guys, to play with the lead when the other team is pressured to pass. They aren't at their best when the other team can run the ball with the lead.

ohhh, I agree, just saying that even when not put in the ideal situation they can play pretty well. The D scored 14 points in the 2nd half, how huge is that? Also Rivers should be run out of town on Norv Turners back

topscribe
10-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Of course, that becomes less of a concern when you have an offense that can
come from behind the way they can. Peyton & Co. are the reason they can
feel comfortable in building a defense such as that . . .

catfish
10-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Of course, that becomes less of a concern when you have an offense that can
come from behind the way they can. Peyton & Co. are the reason they can
feel comfortable in building a defense such as that . . .

To be honest, Manning is one of 3 guys that makes that comeback even possible, but without the fumble for TD I think the comeback falls short. This team CAN NOT keep going in to half time down 20 points. I don't know why they cant score in the first 2 quarters, but it has been a problem for 2 years now. At first I was thinking it had a lot to do with the QB last year, and I am sure to some extent it did, but this is ridiculous

edit:

Manning
Rogers
Brady

before anyone thinks I am saying Tebow could have pulled that off. He couldn't