PDA

View Full Version : Acee: Manning is one of the best ever. He’s a killer.

Buff
10-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Excited to watch this San Diego meltdown begin.

The Broncos were the only team to score in the second half, and they did it a lot, and they won, 35-24, giving Manning just his second victory against the Chargers in their last seven meetings.

Worse for the Chargers, Manning showed without a doubt that he is back from the neck issues that kept him sidelined last season. If his team can catch up to him before the third quarter, stop giving the ball away, the Broncos might be unbeatable.

Sure, the Chargers are notorious for finishing seasons strong. Their schedule going forward appears favorable. Most of the rest of the AFC is mediocre, at best.

But, look, this isn’t Kyle Orton running the Broncos anymore. It ain’t Jay Cutler or Tim Tebow.

Manning is one of the best ever. He’s a killer.

And the Chargers don’t seem to be tough enough to stop anyone.

More - https://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/oct/15/acee-manning-masterful-chargers-again-cant-fight-b/

silkamilkamonico
10-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Anyone able to tell which drives Manning is in control of, and which drives McCoy is in control of? I always look at the silver lining of being down big and early, because it seems at that point the coaching staff gives the ball to Peyton and let's him play. But I'm not real sure what it is exactly they are doing and who's calling what.

Davii
10-16-2012, 12:19 AM
I think the Broncos just ensured Norv is done in San Diego after this season.

chazoe60
10-16-2012, 12:22 AM

Well, there is bad news afterall.

Buff
10-16-2012, 12:24 AM

He and Wade Phillips are the prototypical great coordinators who aren't great head coaches. He was probably toast without a deep playoff run anyway - now that's definitely the case.

Army Bronco
10-16-2012, 12:58 AM
What about Manning jumping over defenders in the 4 th qtr and throwing a completion?? How cool was that??

DenBronx
10-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Nooooooo I want Norv to stay the HC!!!

Simple Jaded
10-16-2012, 01:14 AM
Is this Acee the dude that was on with Big Al and Dmac the other day just killing Manning because he didn't like the answers Manning gave to his badgering about how SD owns him?.......

TXBRONC
10-16-2012, 09:30 AM

A.J. Smith is probably done as well.

TXBRONC
10-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Is this Acee the dude that was on with Big Al and Dmac the other day just killing Manning because he didn't like the answers Manning gave to his badgering about how SD owns him?.......

That doesn't sound like Acee I've read on occassion. He's always struck me as being fair minded.

vandammage13
10-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Manning just tied the all-time record held by Dan Marino for most game winning drives in the 4th quarter/OT.