PDA

View Full Version : The Tim Tebow fans...

MOtorboat
10-15-2012, 11:33 PM
That showed up at halftime.

Please report here for your paddling.

Wait. What? You were just trolling because you're douchebags?

Oh, my bad.

Davii
10-15-2012, 11:35 PM
I do believe this was a bigger comeback than anything engineered last year....

ShaneFalco
10-16-2012, 12:43 AM
really? lol

Wouldnt this thread only further encourage them to come back and post when the Broncos are losing?

Northman
10-16-2012, 03:41 AM
They can come back all they want. Last night's game aside one guy is starting and the other is a backup/ST's guy. Its not like Tebow has done anything significant this year to warrant praise.

catfish
10-16-2012, 06:58 AM
for the record I was telling you all to chill and that you were still in the game at half time, trying to talk you all off the ledge, so lets not go too far with the gloating

Ravage!!!
10-16-2012, 08:54 AM
for the record I was telling you all to chill and that you were still in the game at half time, trying to talk you all off the ledge, so lets not go too far with the gloating

Really... I think its pretty safe to say that Manning is playing soooooo much better than Tebow ever wished to play in the NFL. So I feel that gloating is pretty called for.

BroncoJoe
10-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I think everyone knows I'm not a Teboi, BUT...

Having grown up with Elway (he's one year older than me) you quickly learned that the Broncos were never out of a game. That there was always a chance. Clearly he didn't win every game, but you just had that feeling something special "could" take place when the Broncos played.

That feeling hasn't been around since he retired.

Last year, that feeling slowly crept back into the minds of Broncos fans, and for that, I am grateful to Tebow. Yes, he's at times a horrible "QB" in terms of throwing the ball, and the Tebow supporters ruined our enjoyment of what he brought, but let's face it - last year was the appetizer for this years entree.

Northman
10-16-2012, 09:03 AM
I think everyone knows I'm not a Teboi, BUT...

Having grown up with Elway (he's one year older than me) you quickly learned that the Broncos were never out of a game. That there was always a chance. Clearly he didn't win every game, but you just had that feeling something special "could" take place when the Broncos played.

That feeling hasn't been around since he retired.

Last year, that feeling slowly crept back into the minds of Broncos fans, and for that, I am grateful to Tebow. Yes, he's at times a horrible "QB" in terms of throwing the ball, and the Tebow supporters ruined our enjoyment of what he brought, but let's face it - last year was the appetizer for this years entree.

Agreed.

Cant take away anything that Tebow brought last year. There's so much to like about the kid as a person and athlete but the circus that follows is just unbearable which is unfortuante for him.

catfish
10-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Really... I think its pretty safe to say that Manning is playing soooooo much better than Tebow ever wished to play in the NFL. So I feel that gloating is pretty called for.

Manning is way better than Tebow, however you still are looking at a team that didn't score a single point till after half time, that had a comeback win in which the defense contributed 14 points against a team that lost to the 1-4 Saints the week before. I wouldn't call this a signature win. Fact is there were huge problem on offense again in the first half and good teams are not going to let you come back from 24 points on a regular basis. Manning looked spectacular in the 2nd half, but this team cannot afford to continue to give up 20 point leads in the first half and rely on second half miracles to win, that was the gameplan last year with a QB who was just learning the game. This year Denver was supposed to jump out and rely on the D pass rush to maintain the lead. SO gloat all you want to about Tebow not being here, but as it stands right now this team has potential to be great, but is average

Ravage!!!
10-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Manning is way better than Tebow, however you still are looking at a team that didn't score a single point till after half time, that had a comeback win in which the defense contributed 14 points against a team that lost to the 1-4 Saints the week before. I wouldn't call this a signature win. Fact is there were huge problem on offense again in the first half and good teams are not going to let you come back from 24 points on a regular basis. Manning looked spectacular in the 2nd half, but this team cannot afford to continue to give up 20 point leads in the first half and rely on second half miracles to win, that was the gameplan last year with a QB who was just learning the game. This year Denver was supposed to jump out and rely on the D pass rush to maintain the lead. SO gloat all you want to about Tebow not being here, but as it stands right now this team has potential to be great, but is average

Blah blah blah ..... has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. This team is MUCH MUCH better with Manning than with Tebow, and that's really been shown time and time and time again. Thats all that matters.

BroncoNut
10-16-2012, 10:09 AM

I think that is fair catfish. pm me again as I will empty my box

catfish
10-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Blah blah blah ..... has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. This team is MUCH MUCH better with Manning than with Tebow, and that's really been shown time and time and time again. Thats all that matters.

uh huh, beat the Chargers the Raiders and the Steelers,lost to the three good teams they played, cant score in the first half, drop balls at a ridiculous rate, fumbles a problem, mental mistakes from young players, Defense bailing the team out.....why does that sound familiar.....the QB position is better, to a degree the WR and TE positions are upgraded due to the talent they brought in. As a team, still waiting on the signature win.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2012, 10:17 AM
uh huh, beat the Chargers the Raiders and the Steelers,lost to the three good teams they played, cant score in the first half, drop balls at a ridiculous rate, fumbles a problem, mental mistakes from young players, Defense bailing the team out.....why does that sound familiar.....the QB position is better, to a degree the WR and TE positions are upgraded due to the talent they brought in. As a team, still waiting on the signature win.

:lol: Seriously, now you are trying to tell me this team isn't "really" better with manning over a back-up running QB. Ok. Whatever. Doesn't matter to me wht you think on this, I'm sure you believe you aren't tainted in your opinion. I'm sure that if Tebow had ALLLL the offensive "additions" we've brought in at TE, that Tebow could be accomplishing the same. I'm sure teams and NFL people would be considering us true contenders with Tebow at the helm, because he's Tebow afterall.

cat, I'm ok with you liking Tebow. I know you FEEL you are being impartial and being so rational and fair, but the reality is that you are NOT a Broncos fan and are ONLY here because you are a Tebow fan. Thus, you're take on this, is extremely biased whether you believe it or not.

Now I'm sure you believe that Tebow would have beaten ATL, Hou, and NE, thus giving us that "signature" win. I'm not saying our team is great, but I am saying that our team is HEADS above what it was last year, offensively, and it has NOTHING to do with the additions of Tamme and Dreesen.

catfish
10-16-2012, 10:29 AM
:lol: Seriously, now you are trying to tell me this team isn't "really" better with manning over a back-up running QB. Ok. Whatever. Doesn't matter to me wht you think on this, I'm sure you believe you aren't tainted in your opinion. I'm sure that if Tebow had ALLLL the offensive "additions" we've brought in at TE, that Tebow could be accomplishing the same. I'm sure teams and NFL people would be considering us true contenders with Tebow at the helm, because he's Tebow afterall.

cat, I'm ok with you liking Tebow. I know you FEEL you are being impartial and being so rational and fair, but the reality is that you are NOT a Broncos fan and are ONLY here because you are a Tebow fan. Thus, you're take on this, is extremely biased whether you believe it or not.

Now I'm sure you believe that Tebow would have beaten ATL, Hou, and NE, thus giving us that "signature" win. I'm not saying our team is great, but I am saying that our team is HEADS above what it was last year, offensively, and it has NOTHING to do with the additions of Tamme and Dreesen.

The QB position is better with Manning, he is one of the all time greats. What I am saying is this team has yet to perform up to the level that it should be performing to with Manning as the QB. All I heard last year was how Tebow was holding the team back, well Tebow is gone now and the same problems tha were there last year are still there, so far it looks to me like they spent 20 million to make a team from an 8 win team and one and out in the playoffs to a ten win team and one and out in the playoffs. If the rationale is anybody but Tebow fine, but I would expect that a team with one of the all time greats at QB should be able to beat at least one if not two of the toughest opponents ont their schedule. If better than tebow is the bar you are setting up for the team you could have gone with a much cheper option, Manning was brought in here to win a superbowl, and at this point it doesn't look like it is going to happen without a overhaul of the coaching and talent on the roster.

With the offensive firepower of Manning there is no reason that this team is relying on the defense to hold a team to one drive, 0 points in the second half and get a fumble for a TYD and an INT for a TD for a win against San Diego. The fact thet Denver has been down by 20 points in 4 games is really bad, becasue good teams are not going to let you back in the game.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2012, 10:47 AM
The QB position is better with Manning, he is one of the all time greats. What I am saying is this team has yet to perform up to the level that it should be performing to with Manning as the QB. All I heard last year was how Tebow was holding the team back,
Yes, he holds the OFFENSE back because he can't process the information on reads, and certainly can't throw the ball if we can make a read available to him.

well Tebow is gone now and the same problems tha were there last year are still there, so far it looks to me like they spent 20 million to make a team from an 8 win team and one and out in the playoffs to a ten win team and one and out in the playoffs. If the rationale is anybody but Tebow fine, but I would expect that a team with one of the all time greats at QB should be able to beat at least one if not two of the toughest opponents ont their schedule.
Really?? You expected Manning to come in, and in the first year be at the AFC Championship game simply because he was hired onto the roster? I think the ONLY reason you would expect that, is because you think thats the ONLY way to justify firing Tebow. To you, the ONLY way that the Broncos could possibly "make up" for the mistake of shipping Tim out, is to be a top 2 team in the first year. Thats not being the unbiased 'observer' that you claim to be. Thats being irrational with extreme high-expectations.

If better than tebow is the bar you are setting up for the team you could have gone with a much cheper option, Manning was brought in here to win a superbowl, and at this point it doesn't look like it is going to happen without a overhaul of the coaching and talent on the roster.

For one, quit worrying about the money. THe money has not hurt this team and its not a concern to you. Thats only what people use to criticize the Manning hiring because it SOUNDs like such a big deal. As far as the rest of this sentence, we'll just have to disagree. I don't think this team needs an "overhaul" at all based on what I've seen the first 6 weeks of this season. I guess maybe that makes you feel better being that Tebow is now blocking on punt teams somewhere.

With the offensive firepower of Manning there is no reason that this team is relying on the defense to hold a team to one drive, 0 points in the second half and get a fumble for a TYD and an INT for a TD for a win against San Diego. The fact thet Denver has been down by 20 points in 4 games is really bad, becasue good teams are not going to let you back in the game.

Rely on? What do you want Manning to do, throw the ball, catch the ball, and then run the ball without dropping them and without tripping over field-paint??? Manning can only do so much. He's putting the balls IN their hands and watching them run free down the sidelines. The teams we've lost to are some of the best in the NFL, and we absolutely are in the game. The "good teams are not going to let you back in the game"... is funny, because we've PLAYED the good teams and we've "gotten back into the game." That tells me a lot.

I'm not going to get into the "bads and goods" of this team and how things have gone here, because that's not the point of this thread. The POINT of this thread is Very very VERY simple. This team is by far... by FAR.. without question.. without hesitation.... without a second thought and without a MOMENT of looking back...... WAyyyyyy better offensively with Manning behind center than with Tebow. There truly is no comparison with ANYONE that is looking at this team from a neutral standpoint (as you hear from talking heads around the nation). The only ones that think/believe/wish to compare are those that will purely and only look through the Tebow glasses.

turftoad
10-16-2012, 11:09 AM
That showed up at halftime.

Please report here for your paddling.

Wait. What? You were just trolling because you're douchebags?

Oh, my bad.

Looks like Catfish has reported.

catfish
10-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Yes, he holds the OFFENSE back because he can't process the information on reads, and certainly can't throw the ball if we can make a read available to him.

Really?? You expected Manning to come in, and in the first year be at the AFC Championship game simply because he was hired onto the roster? I think the ONLY reason you would expect that, is because you think thats the ONLY way to justify firing Tebow. To you, the ONLY way that the Broncos could possibly "make up" for the mistake of shipping Tim out, is to be a top 2 team in the first year. Thats not being the unbiased 'observer' that you claim to be. Thats being irrational with extreme high-expectations.

For one, quit worrying about the money. THe money has not hurt this team and its not a concern to you. Thats only what people use to criticize the Manning hiring because it SOUNDs like such a big deal. As far as the rest of this sentence, we'll just have to disagree. I don't think this team needs an "overhaul" at all based on what I've seen the first 6 weeks of this season. I guess maybe that makes you feel better being that Tebow is now blocking on punt teams somewhere.

Rely on? What do you want Manning to do, throw the ball, catch the ball, and then run the ball without dropping them and without tripping over field-paint??? Manning can only do so much. He's putting the balls IN their hands and watching them run free down the sidelines. The teams we've lost to are some of the best in the NFL, and we absolutely are in the game. The "good teams are not going to let you back in the game"... is funny, because we've PLAYED the good teams and we've "gotten back into the game." That tells me a lot.

I'm not going to get into the "bads and goods" of this team and how things have gone here, because that's not the point of this thread. The POINT of this thread is Very very VERY simple. This team is by far... by FAR.. without question.. without hesitation.... without a second thought and without a MOMENT of looking back...... WAyyyyyy better offensively with Manning behind center than with Tebow. There truly is no comparison with ANYONE that is looking at this team from a neutral standpoint (as you hear from talking heads around the nation). The only ones that think/believe/wish to compare are those that will purely and only look through the Tebow glasses.

Mybe we just disagree on the definition of Much Much better as a team. So lets try it this way, power ranking wise where didi you have denver overall last year and where do you have them this year?

catfish
10-16-2012, 11:51 AM

go back and read the halftime gameday log. I for certain was not talking trash on Manning, and still am not. As a matter of fact I was very positive saying that you were still in the game. Manning is one of three or four guys that I would feel were still in that game at halftime, none of the other three are Tebow, Manning is for certain head and shoulders above Tebow now, and most likely way above where Tebow is even capable of getting to. My point is simply there were certain issues with the team last year theat we Tebow fans brought up as problematic, playcalling in the first 3 quarters, receviers dropping passes, costly fumbles, lack of time with the ones, lack of overall experience, and we were scoffed at. The same problems are still there this year.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Mybe we just disagree on the definition of Much Much better as a team. So lets try it this way, power ranking wise where didi you have denver overall last year and where do you have them this year?

I don't think we were very good at all last year. I think our lucky breaks completely skewed how poor of a team we were offensively. Getting to the playoffs with just 8 wins is pretty lame, and considering we lost 3 of the last 4 regular season games and had to rely on other teams to lose, only continues to show just how lucky our team was last season.

This year, I see us as the third best team in the AFC right now behind Houston and NE.

catfish
10-16-2012, 12:28 PM
I don't think we were very good at all last year. I think our lucky breaks completely skewed how poor of a team we were offensively. Getting to the playoffs with just 8 wins is pretty lame, and considering we lost 3 of the last 4 regular season games and had to rely on other teams to lose, only continues to show just how lucky our team was last season.

This year, I see us as the third best team in the AFC right now behind Houston and NE.

that is where we differ then, I show last year somewhere between 14th and 16th, this year somewhere between 8th and 11th

For certain behind

Baltimore, Houston, New England, San Fransisco, Atlanta, NY Giants and Green Bay

Possibly Cinci, Seattle and a mix of a few other teams

If they can start jumping out to a lead earlier they could move up some, but playing the way they have I don't think they beat those 7 teams, and maybe split 50/50 with a few others.

I have the league split in to 4 8 team segments

top tier
above average
below average
dregs

last year the team was hovering around high below average to low above average, this year middle above average, to high above average. I was sort of expecting a jump to top tier with the addition of Manning, who honestly looks 100% healthy and is inarguably one of the best ever.

Like I said if they can start scoring in the first and second quarters this team might be unbeatable, I have no explanation why that continues to fail to happen

Ravage!!!
10-16-2012, 12:38 PM
I said top in the AFC, which only differs that I believe we are better than the Ravens according to your list. Cinci is not as good as we are.

But regarding the other rest of your post... there are just wayyyyy to many tiny lines within your head of ranking for me... slightly above average to top of average to...whatevers.

if you thought this team wOULD JUMP to a top team in the NFL with Manning behind helm, than your expectations were REALLY high for just one year. New system, new QB, new DC with a QB that is complicated in his reads and signals...to think that we would jump to the top in the NFL that quickly is just LOOKING for reasons to see the trade as a failure, imo. We are already better than I expected to be in the first 6 games of THIS year considering our schedule.

MOtorboat
10-16-2012, 12:40 PM

Catfish isn't who I was referring to.

BroncoNut
10-16-2012, 12:53 PM

you need to be more clear in your communication then Mo

Northman
10-16-2012, 12:59 PM

Yea, Cat is good peeps in my book. He at least brings a level of thought provoking discussion in.

catfish
10-16-2012, 01:04 PM
I said top in the AFC, which only differs that I believe we are better than the Ravens according to your list. Cinci is not as good as we are.

But regarding the other rest of your post... there are just wayyyyy to many tiny lines within your head of ranking for me... slightly above average to top of average to...whatevers.

if you thought this team wOULD JUMP to a top team in the NFL with Manning behind helm, than your expectations were REALLY high for just one year. New system, new QB, new DC with a QB that is complicated in his reads and signals...to think that we would jump to the top in the NFL that quickly is just LOOKING for reasons to see the trade as a failure, imo. We are already better than I expected to be in the first 6 games of THIS year considering our schedule.

I don't think the trade is a failure, it's looking pretty brilliant at this point. Manning looks healthy and if they get it together they could make a superbowl run. Last year every problem was blamed on the QB, it is now apparent that there are issues outside of the QB position, Manning is good enough to function at a high level despite those problems, Tebow was not.

We said last year that lack of scoring in the first half was a result of playcalling, we were laughed at, and told Tebow was the problem, the Broncos still can't score in the first half. We said the the receivers had problems dropping the ball, we were told that it was becasue Tebow threw wobbly innacurate passes. DT and Decker are currently ranked 73rd and 76th respectively in drop rate, Manning is so good that he can still put up great numbers anyway, Tebow is not. We said Tebow was suffering from inexperience and lack of skill at WR after they dropped Lloyd, they brought in Stokely and he is the go to guy on third down.

I am not saying Tebow over Manning, or that the trade was a mistake, I am saying there are not many QB's in the league that would be able to excell in the situation that Tebow was in. that is all I am saying. Tebow wouldn't have put up great numbers last year if he was in a better spot, but we wouldnt be having the he can't thorw conversation. All the problems are fixable and having one of the best QB's in history will certainly help, but I think it is a bit unfair to get on Tebow too hard for not being able to do in his 2nd year what Manning is able to do.

catfish
10-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Yea, Cat is good peeps in my book. He at least brings a level of thought provoking discussion in.

appreciate it ;)

BroncoNut
10-16-2012, 01:15 PM

he seems like a nice fellow to me.

catfish
10-16-2012, 01:19 PM
he seems like a nice fellow to me.

Nah, I'm a dick....I try to stay polite and levelheaded though :)

BroncoNut
10-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Nah, I'm a dick....I try to stay polite and levelheaded though :)

= nice fellow.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't think the trade is a failure, it's looking pretty brilliant at this point. Manning looks healthy and if they get it together they could make a superbowl run. Last year every problem was blamed on the QB, it is now apparent that there are issues outside of the QB position, Manning is good enough to function at a high level despite those problems, Tebow was not.

I see, so you feel this is your chance to point out that Tebow wasn't a problem, but everyone around him was the problem. I heard this last year.

We said last year that lack of scoring in the first half was a result of playcalling, we were laughed at, and told Tebow was the problem, the Broncos still can't score in the first half. We said the the receivers had problems dropping the ball, we were told that it was becasue Tebow threw wobbly innacurate passes. DT and Decker are currently ranked 73rd and 76th respectively in drop rate, Manning is so good that he can still put up great numbers anyway, Tebow is not. We said Tebow was suffering from inexperience and lack of skill at WR after they dropped Lloyd, they brought in Stokely and he is the go to guy on third down.
Tebow is a terrible passer, and I still think your "dropped pass rankings" (from where ever you get them) is ridiculous.

I am not saying Tebow over Manning, or that the trade was a mistake, I am saying there are not many QB's in the league that would be able to excell in the situation that Tebow was in.
Riiiiiight

that is all I am saying. Tebow wouldn't have put up great numbers last year if he was in a better spot, but we wouldnt be having the he can't thorw conversation. All the problems are fixable and having one of the best QB's in history will certainly help, but I think it is a bit unfair to get on Tebow too hard for not being able to do in his 2nd year what Manning is able to do.
Tebow is a BAD thrower... period. He was rated as a bad throw when being rated for the draft. Teams/GMs/coaches and alllll those that watch game films professionally, will continue to point out just how BAD Tebow is at throwing the ball. Guys watching practices and comparing Tim's throws to other QBs on the very same rosters (Mark Schlereth), can EASILY see just how bad of a passer Tim is. He's bad. WRs that played with Tim, told us just how poor of a passer he is/was. But you don't want to listen to Lloyds or DTs, because that doesn't fit your want list.

I feel you are looking for reasons as to how Tebow got a raw deal and was given the shaft...for he couldn't POSSIBLY be as bad as he looks to everyone. No. It has to be something else. It HAS to be other reasons. Everyone is conspiring (not giving him WRs, not letting him pass, not hiring better support) against his success. You really think that Stokes would have been a benefit to Tebow? No. How many catches does Stokes have a game..2...3? You know who the go-to guy on third down is with Manning....the open guy. The reason Stokes works with Manning, is because he and Manning are on the same page on certain situations. Manning knows where Stokes is going to be because he knows what read Stokes is making and they are on the same line of thinking. You believe that would have helped Tim?

What really surprises me, is that you think this year's offense is comparable to last. This year we are actually running a sophisticated NFL offense because we have a QB that can read and throw accurately. Last year, we ran a basic college offense to help Tim run and NOT throw the ball. YOU may feel that this team is just failing on all levels the same as it did with Tim, but thats because you WANT to believe that.

You think Denver's 8-8 season and lucky wins with no offense put them in the top 15-16 teams in the NFL with your power ranking. I think thats way off, but then, I'm not going to go back and try to rank last year's season. I just know we were horrendous on offense. This year, we are a top 3 team in the AFC by how I see things, and feel we are just getting better as Manning and the WRs get to know one another.

You feel differently, and feel that the games have proved your points. I don't.

catfish
10-16-2012, 02:50 PM
I see, so you feel this is your chance to point out that Tebow wasn't a problem, but everyone around him was the problem. I heard this last year.

Tebow is a terrible passer, and I still think your "dropped pass rankings" (from where ever you get them) is ridiculous.

Riiiiiight

Tebow is a BAD thrower... period. He was rated as a bad throw when being rated for the draft. Teams/GMs/coaches and alllll those that watch game films professionally, will continue to point out just how BAD Tebow is at throwing the ball. Guys watching practices and comparing Tim's throws to other QBs on the very same rosters (Mark Schlereth), can EASILY see just how bad of a passer Tim is. He's bad. WRs that played with Tim, told us just how poor of a passer he is/was. But you don't want to listen to Lloyds or DTs, because that doesn't fit your want list.

I feel you are looking for reasons as to how Tebow got a raw deal and was given the shaft...for he couldn't POSSIBLY be as bad as he looks to everyone. No. It has to be something else. It HAS to be other reasons. Everyone is conspiring (not giving him WRs, not letting him pass, not hiring better support) against his success. You really think that Stokes would have been a benefit to Tebow? No. How many catches does Stokes have a game..2...3? You know who the go-to guy on third down is with Manning....the open guy. The reason Stokes works with Manning, is because he and Manning are on the same page on certain situations. Manning knows where Stokes is going to be because he knows what read Stokes is making and they are on the same line of thinking. You believe that would have helped Tim?

What really surprises me, is that you think this year's offense is comparable to last. This year we are actually running a sophisticated NFL offense because we have a QB that can read and throw accurately. Last year, we ran a basic college offense to help Tim run and NOT throw the ball. YOU may feel that this team is just failing on all levels the same as it did with Tim, but thats because you WANT to believe that.

You think Denver's 8-8 season and lucky wins with no offense put them in the top 15-16 teams in the NFL with your power ranking. I think thats way off, but then, I'm not going to go back and try to rank last year's season. I just know we were horrendous on offense. This year, we are a top 3 team in the AFC by how I see things, and feel we are just getting better as Manning and the WRs get to know one another.

You feel differently, and feel that the games have proved your points. I don't.

Ohh please if you think Tebow got a fair shake in Denver you are out of your mind. I literally can't think of a single QB coming out of the draft that was put in a worse position by management than Tebow was by the Denver Broncos. They had a good reson for throwing him in when they did, and good reason for shipping him out for Manning, but don't kid yourself in to thinking that they somehow set him up for success and he choked.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Ohh please if you think Tebow got a fair shake in Denver you are out of your mind. I literally can't think of a single QB coming out of the draft that was put in a worse position by management than Tebow was by the Denver Broncos. They had a good reson for throwing him in when they did, and good reason for shipping him out for Manning, but don't kid yourself in to thinking that they somehow set him up for success and he choked.

I think that those that WANT to believe he's a good NFL QB, want to believe he was put in a position to fail....despite the coaching staff changing EVERYTHING to work an offense around what Tim can run instead of running a professional offense in which it's Tebow can not run. If they truly wanted him to fail, they would have kept the offense that was put in place from the start.

MOtorboat
10-16-2012, 03:15 PM
You don't get "fair shakes" in the NFL.

The job of a quarterback is to throw the football. Tebow cannot throw the football at NFL level. Can't do it. It is not up for debate. Tebow cannot throw at an NFL level.

That's why he got traded away from Denver and that's why he is playing punt protector in New York

slim
10-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Nice thread, dip shit.

catfish
10-16-2012, 03:26 PM
You don't get "fair shakes" in the NFL.

The job of a quarterback is to throw the football. Tebow cannot throw the football at NFL level. Can't do it. It is not up for debate. Tebow cannot throw at an NFL level.

That's why he got traded away from Denver and that's why he is playing punt protector in New York

It is a buisness, I get that, they made a good business decision to go with Manning. I disagree that he can't throw, I will take Steve Young's word on his ability

Day1BroncoFan
10-16-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't know, there is just something fishy about that cat fellow. Can't quite put my finger on it though.

:D

catfish
10-16-2012, 03:35 PM
I don't know, there is just something fishy about that cat fellow. Can't quite put my finger on it though.

:D

lol, ba-dum-cha :).

slim
10-16-2012, 03:36 PM
I like it when catfish puts MO in his place.

MOtorboat
10-16-2012, 03:39 PM
I like it when catfish puts MO in his place.

And where did that happen?

:Slimgator: rises.

catfish
10-16-2012, 03:41 PM

I agree, I wasn't putting you in your place, just saying I am in the camp with Young that Tebow has the natural potential to be a good passer, doesn't mean it will ever develop, but it is there

slim
10-16-2012, 03:42 PM

It happens every time you two argue about Tebow :welcome:

I really do need to change my name to slimgator, though.

MOtorboat
10-16-2012, 03:44 PM
It happens every time you two argue about Tebow :welcome:

I really do need to change my name to slimgator, though.

Akili Smith.

slim
10-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Akili Smith.

What about him?

MOtorboat
10-16-2012, 03:46 PM
What about him?

Is better than Tim Tebow.

slim
10-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Is better than Tim Tebow.

Why do you hate white QBs that can run?

MOtorboat
10-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Why do you hate white QBs that can run?

Wow.

Blanket statements now?

slim
10-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Wow.

Blanket statements now?

No, just messing around.

Did you see Tebow completed a pass on Sunday and it made the national highligts?

MOtorboat
10-16-2012, 03:52 PM
No, just messing around.

Did you see Tebow completed a pass on Sunday and it made the national highligts?

Of course it did.

catfish
10-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Akili Smith.

I'm pretty sure the 4.7 YPA ad .5 TD to int ratio is what got him run off, as well as being a dick about his contract, not the completion%

ShaneFalco
10-16-2012, 09:26 PM
I thought some people were going to /wrists in the first quarter.

NEPatriots
10-17-2012, 05:03 AM
Here is why hiring Manning was stupid.

Anything you achieve with him (which let's be honest, is going to be NOTHING) will belong to Manning and not to you. If everything you hope for and wish for came true and you went on to win the Superbowl this season, nobody would regard it as "The Denver Broncos won the Superbowl."

The narrative would be, and rightfully so, "Peyton Manning's come back," or "Peyton Manning wins Superbowl, " or "Peyton Manning carried Bronco team to Superbowl."

Normally the quarterback is a part of your teams identity. Tom Brady is a Patriot. Aaron Rodgers is a Packer.

You guys actually managed to make YOUR TEAM part of Peyton Mannings identity. The Denver Broncos are like Peyton's Carion Bag.

I really don't think you guys understand the depth of what I'm telling you, nor how truthful it is in how your "team" is perceived.

You sacrificed your souls for an additional one or two regular season wins. Not exactly a trade I would have made.

At least with Tebow you were the Denver Broncos. Tebow was a Denver Bronco. People began to tune in from all over the country to cheer for the Denver Broncos and believe in the Denver Broncos.

Now they just check to see what Manning looks like in orange.

Northman
10-17-2012, 07:17 AM

Anything you achieve with him (which let's be honest, is going to be NOTHING) will belong to Manning and not to you. If everything you hope for and wish for came true and you went on to win the Superbowl this season, nobody would regard it as "The Denver Broncos won the Superbowl."

The narrative would be, and rightfully so, "Peyton Manning's come back," or "Peyton Manning wins Superbowl, " or "Peyton Manning carried Bronco team to Superbowl."

Normally the quarterback is a part of your teams identity. Tom Brady is a Patriot. Aaron Rodgers is a Packer.

You guys actually managed to make YOUR TEAM part of Peyton Mannings identity. The Denver Broncos are like Peyton's Carion Bag.

I really don't think you guys understand the depth of what I'm telling you, nor how truthful it is in how your "team" is perceived.

You sacrificed your souls for an additional one or two regular season wins. Not exactly a trade I would have made.

At least with Tebow you were the Denver Broncos. Tebow was a Denver Bronco. People began to tune in from all over the country to cheer for the Denver Broncos and believe in the Denver Broncos.

Bwhahahahahahahahaa, yea ok.

If we win a Super Bowl it will be a Broncos trophy, not a Manning trophy. But hey, keep trolling. It just makes you look like a bigger fool than you already are.

Ravage!!!
10-17-2012, 09:14 AM
This NE guy truly is an idiot. How do people like that survive in society??

chazoe60
10-17-2012, 10:06 AM

And anything the Pats ever won or will win doesn't belong to them, it belongs to sony or panasonic or whoever the Hell made the video cameras you cheating scumbags use.

Tuck rule, spygate, stealing defensive signals...........has that scummy organization ever actually won anything legit?

Ravage!!!
10-17-2012, 10:18 AM
They haven't won since their kicker left

MOtorboat
10-17-2012, 10:25 AM

Those aren't New England Patriot Super Bowls, those are Adam Vinatieri Super Bowls!

chazoe60
10-17-2012, 10:26 AM

Maybe he was their best cinematographer.

Ravage!!!
10-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Those aren't New England Patriot Super Bowls, those are Adam Vinatieri Super Bowls!

Exactly. He wasn't drafted by the Patriots, so he was just some FA signing. The kicker moved on and won Super Bowls with other teams while the Patriots continue to lose without him. Normally, the kicker is just a part of the team, but in this case..... the Super Bowls are Adam's.

I don't think this NE idiot understands the depth of what I am saying.

Rex
10-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Tinker loves Tebow. Wishes he was still here. I read it on Facebook

Day1BroncoFan
10-18-2012, 11:58 AM

You must be full of anger. But why? Is it because you are a Colts fan posing as a patsie fan? Are you in love with Peyton and hate the Broncos and experiencing an inner turmoil?

MOtorboat
10-19-2012, 12:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8520058/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-qb-play-rb-vs-new-england-patriots

Northman
10-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Might as well give him a chance, he would probably shine there more than QB.

catfish
10-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Might as well give him a chance, he would probably shine there more than QB.

gotta love ESPN. A reporter asks Ryan if due to injuries Tebow could take some snaps at RB, he says its a possibility all the sudden Tebow is going to be a RB. Wouldn't suprise me if he took a snap or 2 there, but he has already taken snaps at RB,FB, QB,TE so I don't think it means anything. FWIW Tebow says he didn't practice at RB at all this wek, and I don't think he knows how to lie so I don't think anything permanent is in the works.

The other rumor going around NY is that Tebow will get traded to KC for Bowe. The Jets just worked out another FA running QB this week

Northman
10-19-2012, 07:18 AM
I doubt KC lets Bowe go, he's the only receiver they have. And yea, i dont expect Tebow to be a full fledged RB but wouldnt be surprised if he did well there or well enough.

catfish
10-19-2012, 07:31 AM
I doubt KC lets Bowe go, he's the only receiver they have. And yea, i dont expect Tebow to be a full fledged RB but wouldnt be surprised if he did well there or well enough.

Word on Bowe is he is going to leave at the end of the season regardless, apparently he is extremely unhappy in KC. They might just want to get what they can while they can since this season is shot for them anyway. Miami is the big name being tossed around right now a well.

As to Tebow at RB, he might do ok, but I don't know. Running from the qb position and running from the RB position are 2 different skills.

Ravage!!!
10-19-2012, 10:09 AM
well, Tebow did first say that he "didn't have a choice" in where he was going, but then changed that statement soon after. So Tebow knows how to fib, thats for sure. :lol:

I don't believe the rumors about going to KC. Rumors are fun, but do they really think that because KC has Cassel hurt, they are going to trade away Bowe for a QB that will be replaced once the new GM/HC comes into town next year? Thats not gaining anything. If they trade Bowe, it would be for draft choices.

But cat, you are absolutely right. I dont' believe for a moment tht Tebow is planned to be a RB. I guess running from the Shotgun, either at RB or QB is no different other than you have to take the handoff first. But that would be completely stupid of NY to do, as the defense would force Tebow to block to protect the QB. If you are going to put Tebow back there to run, might as well hide it as a possible pass.

catfish
10-19-2012, 02:00 PM
well, Tebow did first say that he "didn't have a choice" in where he was going, but then changed that statement soon after. So Tebow knows how to fib, thats for sure. :lol:

I don't believe the rumors about going to KC. Rumors are fun, but do they really think that because KC has Cassel hurt, they are going to trade away Bowe for a QB that will be replaced once the new GM/HC comes into town next year? Thats not gaining anything. If they trade Bowe, it would be for draft choices.

But cat, you are absolutely right. I dont' believe for a moment tht Tebow is planned to be a RB. I guess running from the Shotgun, either at RB or QB is no different other than you have to take the handoff first. But that would be completely stupid of NY to do, as the defense would force Tebow to block to protect the QB. If you are going to put Tebow back there to run, might as well hide it as a possible pass.

it really is kind of an insult to the RB position to think a guy who has never played the position at any level and could just come in, regardles of how athletic, and have success, there are so many little things that need to be done other than just running the ball to be a sucessful RB. I don't see him having more sucess than bringing a guy up from the PS would have, and wold be more likely to fumbel the ball due to exchange issues.

As to fibbing, I think that was more of a definition thing, I think he was asked if he had final choice of where he went and said no, and then later said he had input, which is true in both casess, Elway had final say, but due to Tims input chose to send him where he wanted to go despite the offer being reportedly higher from jax. The guy is evasive as hell, but I don't think he outright lies

edit: I can't spell for shit today...ignore spelling errors

catfish
10-19-2012, 02:07 PM
follow up

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/10/joe_mcknight_joins_rbs_during.html

NightTerror218
10-19-2012, 07:15 PM
it is official Tebowing has been trademarked by Tebow. it sounds like some fans were trying to trademark it some Tebow trademarked it himself.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/19/tebow-obtains-trademark-for-tebowing/related/