PDA

View Full Version : Special Teams issues

MOtorboat
10-15-2012, 11:28 PM
The one real problem tonight.

Returnmen gave up two fumbles and ten points. I think they need to stick Leonherd back there for good, and stick with it. He's reliable. You don't need flashy when you have an offense and a defense is that explosive.

Pudge
10-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Haha we complain about not having an explosive returnman and now we are begging for him back. Sorry it's just funny

silkamilkamonico
10-15-2012, 11:34 PM
I'd actually like to give Holliday one more try. Dude is so quick in his first couple steps it looks like he could be an extra 3-5 yards everytime regardless. Not sure how he was in Houston or if he was any good but I'd be willing to give him a couple more trys, assuming he doesn't get cut tomorrow.

MOtorboat
10-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Haha we complain about not having an explosive returnman and now we are begging for him back. Sorry it's just funny

It is. That's why I started the thread. I'm OK with average if he hangs onto the ball.

camdisco24
10-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Special teams should be invisible 99% of the time... and let's be honest, with Leonherd they were.

Buff
10-15-2012, 11:57 PM
I see the logic behind an uber-conservative punt return strategy (Leonard) to compensate for an aggressive offense and defense... I just think we can find a reliable catcher who is also capable of returning. But I'm not sure if claiming a guy off of Waivers from Houston is the answer.

OrangeHoof
10-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Most clubs have "Special Teams". We apparently have a "Special Olympics Team"...

Chef Zambini
10-16-2012, 03:07 AM
at this point we should re-activate ROD SMITH to fair catch punts.

Superchop 7
10-16-2012, 10:48 AM
I think we have find the guy.....period....balls to the wall.....always look to improve....not regress.....but....I don't trust the midget.....for sure.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2012, 11:11 AM
I'd actually like to give Holliday one more try. Dude is so quick in his first couple steps it looks like he could be an extra 3-5 yards everytime regardless. Not sure how he was in Houston or if he was any good but I'd be willing to give him a couple more trys, assuming he doesn't get cut tomorrow.

I agree with this. His first game in for us, and the first punt return, and he EFFs it up in a big way. A guy that has the speed to break one can really make a difference...... as long....... as he holds onto the ball. Obviously, fumbling can make a difference as well.

But not willing to scrap him because of one muff. Not yet.

underrated29
10-16-2012, 12:40 PM
He had a nice little return on the funny bouncer one.

I like trindon here and I think he will do some great things for us in the return department. His especial.

BroncoNut
10-16-2012, 12:56 PM
I agree with this. His first game in for us, and the first punt return, and he EFFs it up in a big way. A guy that has the speed to break one can really make a difference...... as long....... as he holds onto the ball. Obviously, fumbling can make a difference as well.

But not willing to scrap him because of one muff. Not yet.

now that kicker from the Skins, condiff or whatever, he needed to get the boot which he did

slim
10-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Like I said, just don't **** it up.