PDA

View Full Version : Season-changing win?

MOtorboat
10-15-2012, 11:25 PM
That's the type of half that can completely change a season.

Thoughts.

And yes, I'm about to start a bunch of threads, because after wins there needs to be threads too.

BroncoWave
10-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Definitely. Reminiscent of Champ's pick-6 against SD in week 2 of 05.

MOtorboat
10-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Definitely. Reminiscent of Champ's pick-6 against SD in week 2 of 05.

EXACTLY! I totally thought of that on Harris' pick-6. A lot like Porter's play against Pittsburgh too.

Huge.

Huge.

Buff
10-15-2012, 11:28 PM
It was only the greatest comeback in Monday Night Football history, and the greatest 2nd half comeback of PFM's career. So, yes, I agree it might be a season changer.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-15-2012, 11:34 PM
It was a huge win because of how it started, but this was a game we were supposed to win in the grand scheme of things. So far, it's shaped up like I thought it would. I figured we'd go 3-3 into the bye week losing to Atlanta, NE, and Houston but beat the other three teams. We need to win 10 games to make the playoffs this year. The real test will be to see if we can hold up against the Saints coming out of the bye week. That game is crucial. It's a must win as far as I'm concerned. After that game, we still have some good teams on the radar like Cincy, Baltimore, and sleepers in the NFC South like the Bucs and Panthers.

This game could be a "turning point" if you will, but the same problems that have plagued us in every game except the Raiders' game plagued us today. The difference is, the Sparklers started making the same type of mistakes in the second half and we capitalized.

Fullback32
10-15-2012, 11:36 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/557633_4672679575637_1469892507_n.jpg

MOtorboat
10-15-2012, 11:38 PM
This game could be a "turning point" if you will, but the same problems that have plagued us in every game except the Raiders' game plagued us today. The difference is, the Sparklers started making the same type of mistakes in the second half and we capitalized.

This is a key thought.

Manning acknowledged it in both post game interviews. Both with ESPN and the rest of the press. Denver, if they can not commit turnovers can literally house people. They are explosive on epic levels. Literally (see: tonight) both defensively and offensively.

Get leads. House the rest of the teams.

Buff
10-15-2012, 11:44 PM

This is a foolproof strategy.

MOtorboat
10-15-2012, 11:45 PM
This is a foolproof strategy.

The amazing thing is that our schedule might actually lend it's hand to this.

Buff
10-15-2012, 11:46 PM
The amazing thing is that our schedule might actually lend it's hand to this.

Yeah, well the worst is over for the most part. Bring on the Chiefs.

Davii
10-15-2012, 11:57 PM
This is a key thought.

Manning acknowledged it in both post game interviews. Both with ESPN and the rest of the press. Denver, if they can not commit turnovers can literally house people. They are explosive on epic levels. Literally (see: tonight) both defensively and offensively.

This. If they can stop shooting themselves in the foot they will be unstoppable.

That second half is what this team can be.

Hawgdriver
10-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Without question. Rather than stewing over a crappy loss to a division rival for two weeks, every waking hour during these two weeks the players will have the awareness that there is a great football team waiting to be unleashed upon the NFL after the bye. It's great for confidence and chemistry to know what you are capable of, and what your quarterback is capable of (credit needs to be shared with the D, of course). It's great for demanding and getting that little extra from each player. It's great for the offense to physically know they can succeed, even become unstoppable, if they overprepare. It's great for the defense to know they can crush teams once they get in ears-pinned-back mode. It's great for special teams because it gives them a lot of time to get their shit together.

Buff
10-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Without question. Rather than stewing over a crappy loss to a division rival for two weeks, every waking hour during these two weeks the players will have the awareness that there is a great football team waiting to be unleashed upon the NFL after the bye. It's great for confidence and chemistry to know what you are capable of, and what your quarterback is capable of (credit needs to be shared with the D, of course). It's great for demanding and getting that little extra from each player. It's great for the offense to physically know they can succeed, even become unstoppable, if they overprepare. It's great for the defense to know they can crush teams once they get in ears-pinned-back mode. It's great for special teams because it gives them a lot of time to get their shit together.

Equally great, is that San Diego is going to be in full blown meltdown mode for at least 2 weeks because they're headed into the bye as well.

horsepig
10-16-2012, 01:07 AM
Yeah, the key to that second half performance was PFM keeping ther sticks moving and letting Phyillis simmer on the sideline. The defense had a lot of room to operate after the Off. marched all over the field AND scored TDs.

DenBronx
10-16-2012, 01:15 AM
That's the type of half that can completely change a season.

Thoughts.

And yes, I'm about to start a bunch of threads, because after wins there needs to be threads too.

Season changing win for sure MO! I said it before the year even started that we would go 3-3 before the bye week. Mainly because our first 6 games were brutal and Manning just needed to knock off the rust. Now the rest of the schedule looks very good and we also play a weakened Ravens team that lost Lewis and Webb for the year. I think we can win at least 6 more games down the stretch and win at least a wild card and 7 or more will win us the division.

If we meet Houston or NE in the playoffs we will be a much much better team.

And remember we havent been blown out and our offense can score anytime we have the football. That's the big differance between this year and last year. I'm super impressed with Wolfe, Chris Harris and Tony Carter tonight. This team as a whole is much much better than what the record shows and I think down the stretch of the season the whole NFL will know the Broncos are for real!!

Manning looked like Picaso painting a master piece. He will shread you apart if he's given the chance.

swaiy
10-16-2012, 01:24 AM
It wasnt the play that made the first half terrible. It was hearing Jon Gruden putting on his Smuckers lipgloss to protect his lips from getting chapped due to sucking Lightning Bolt **** for two quarters.

dogfish
10-16-2012, 01:24 AM
i need to get zam's thoughts on this. . . .

TimHippo
10-16-2012, 01:38 AM
12-4 here we come!

The division is ours now.

TimHippo
10-16-2012, 01:42 AM
So far, it's shaped up like I thought it would. .

"Peyton Manning was who we thought he was. He's who we thought he was. Everybody played two quarters — Peyton Manning was who we thought he was! That's why we took the damn field. Now if you want to crown him, then crown his as's! But Peyton Manning was who we thought he was! And we let 'em off the hook!

Simple Jaded
10-16-2012, 01:44 AM
i need to get zam's thoughts on this. . . .

Basically, Elway's fixation with Osweiler is cost Denver another MLB that should be moved to S.......but with really bad spelling.......

Buff
10-16-2012, 09:40 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1565891/riversmad.gif

Northman
10-16-2012, 09:49 AM
It wasnt the play that made the first half terrible. It was hearing Jon Gruden putting on his Smuckers lipgloss to protect his lips from getting chapped due to sucking Lightning Bolt **** for two quarters.

I love it. I think it was just Keyshawn and TJ that took the Broncos last night in their picks. I continue to scratch my head why every year the talking heads predict SD to be the representative or favored to go to the Super Bowl. I learned a few years ago the team just doesnt have what it takes to get it done mentally and coaching wise.

MOtorboat
10-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Fact: Denver got blown out last night.

Everyone can quit celebrating, that was actually a loss.

Superchop 7
10-16-2012, 10:42 AM
I saw it as new faces in new places....Del Rio did a great job of getting them on same page......and then it was lights out. Manning is back....he really turned the corner with his receivers.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2012, 11:09 AM
I saw it as new faces in new places....Del Rio did a great job of getting them on same page......and then it was lights out. Manning is back....he really turned the corner with his receivers.

EVERY week we see the Broncos making strides in how the receivers and Manning are getting better and better. The misque with Martinez..was just.. well.... a receiver making a bad read. Those things eventually get worked out.

What I really liked seeing is that 3 and 15/16 didn't mean our team was going to do some draw and punt. We converted. We attacked. Our receivers are getting open (and really hope that people start giving Decker a bit more respect around here).

If the offense continues to improve, then the 1st half woes will eventually fade as well. The small things (dropping balls while running freely down the sideline and tripping over field paint).. will disappear as well.