PDA

View Full Version : Our Dime Package

Superchop 7
10-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Just curious who will be on the field in dime.....since we are going to be put in it all night long.

Tned
10-14-2012, 09:08 PM
With Tracy Porter not playing, it will probably be Carter and Bolden, but I wouldn't rule out them using Leonard instead of Bolden (or Carter) in some situations. Losing Porter for the game is going to hurt.

Superchop 7
10-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Harris and Carter are a concern too !

MOtorboat
10-14-2012, 09:25 PM
What I would do:

Miller - Wolfe - Vickerson - Dumervil

Woodyard - Trevathan

Bailey - Carter - Harris

Leonherd - Adams

MOtorboat
10-14-2012, 09:31 PM
I would imagine you'll see a lot of 3-3-5 personnel, but with a 4-2-5 traditional look, meaning Miller is going to be on the left of the defensive formation standing up, with the three "defensive lineman" shifted right.

I know I put Trevathan up there, but it's likely that Brooking is a three-down linebacker Monday night, maybe even a blitzing backer with Woodyard and Miller in coverage.

Porter being out hurts a lot. Because that restricts Denver from really going into a dime, rather than a nickel to mask the deficiencies at linebacker in coverage. I suppose they could go with three safeties, but that's not really like Del Rio, although he's done a number of things I've been surprised with this year, especially the multiple looks.

Jsteve01
10-14-2012, 09:32 PM
What I would do:

Miller - Wolfe - Vickerson - Dumervil

Woodyard - Trevathan

Bailey - Carter - Harris

Leonherd - Adamsum I like it but that's nickel.

MOtorboat
10-14-2012, 09:33 PM
um I like it but that's nickel.

I explained why I don't think we'll see nickel in my next post....but yeah, I did get a little mixed up.

Jsteve01
10-14-2012, 09:33 PM
I would imagine you'll see a lot of 3-3-5 personnel, but with a 4-2-5 traditional look, meaning Miller is going to be on the left of the defensive formation standing up, with the three "defensive lineman" shifted right.

I know I put Trevathan up there, but it's likely that Brooking is a three-down linebacker Monday night, maybe even a blitzing backer with Woodyard and Miller in coverage.

Porter being out hurts a lot. Because that restricts Denver from really going into a dime, rather than a nickel to mask the deficiencies at linebacker in coverage. I suppose they could go with three safeties, but that's not really like Del Rio, although he's done a number of things I've been surprised with this year, especially the multiple looks.ok thanks for clarification

bcbronc
10-15-2012, 12:48 AM
The good thing is SD doesn't have much of a WR core, so the personnel we do have will probably suffice.

Meachem is good, not great, but good. Not a #1 though.
Flloyd is big, but a lot of that's neck lol. Solid 2/3, same as Meachem, not a #1.
Royal, despite the predictable "he's gone so he's so great" crowd, also isn't anything special.
It's a collection of 2/3/4 guys, guys that will give you 40-50 catches + 700-800 yards. Solid pros but none are scary. They amount to decent depth, but not a scary WR core. Champ should shut down anyone he lines up on (if he can't, he's no longer an elite CB...I think he can), the LBs and Ss can help on the other two.

Their 4th guy is a guy with 1 catch in 24 games spread through 3 seasons. I'll take Carter/Bolden on him and see how it goes.

I'm more worried we'll see a bunch of multi-TE sets. Gates isn't what he was, but with McMicheal and Rosario they do have receiving threats. Not exactly NE I know, but our LBs and Safeties aren't what you'd call "good" vs the passing game. Mathews and 2 or 3 TEs worries me more than the 4 WRs SD has to throw on the field.

Superchop 7
10-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Just annoyed we only had 5 CB on roster...none on practice squad.......dumb as hell....we have one that can't play....one coming off a concussion....one coming off a hip injury.....WTF! For Christ sake.....could have had Cliff Harris waiting in the wings....who....despite missing OTAs....looked good in camp before he hurt his ankle.....Philly has depth at CB.....we do not.

Chef Zambini
10-15-2012, 02:09 PM
never mind the WRs, our coverage of TE and the backs as receivers is what will be critical, especially on the motorious third down !
will champ follow one receiver all night long or just stay on his side of the field?
I dont think ANY of their WR warrent exclusive 1 on 1 coverage from champ, they are just going to avoid him , regardless.
sure would be nice to see BOLDEN step up to the challennge! I like the way he returns kicks too !
maybe our speciual teams can distinguish themselves besides just FGs and punts?

Superchop 7
10-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Expect to see a lot of Trevathan......some Bolden.....this matchup went to hell with Porter out......Del Rio is going to have his hands full.

Tned
10-15-2012, 07:01 PM
I asked Mason (@masedenver) what his thoughts were, and he thinks we will see Carter in Nickel and an extra safety "more often than not" in Dime.

NightTerror218
10-15-2012, 07:23 PM
wont matter wolfe, doom and miller will have rivers on his back

Tned
10-15-2012, 07:28 PM
wont matter wolfe, doom and miller will have rivers on his back

Let's hope so. They haven't been doing as much of that as we had all hoped.

NightTerror218
10-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Let's hope so. They haven't been doing as much of that as we had all hoped.

we have also been playing some good teams too. Lets hope tonight turns the tide.

Dean
10-16-2012, 06:28 AM
never mind the WRs, our coverage of TE and the backs as receivers is what will be critical, especially on the motorious third down !
will champ follow one receiver all night long or just stay on his side of the field?
I dont think ANY of their WR warrent exclusive 1 on 1 coverage from champ, they are just going to avoid him , regardless.
sure would be nice to see BOLDEN step up to the challennge! I like the way he returns kicks too !
maybe our speciual teams can distinguish themselves besides just FGs and punts?

One should be careful what they wish for.