PDA

View Full Version : Wilson, Foles, Cousins, just the first three of many...

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Unless osweiler turns out to be the next aaron rogers, I will never understand the urgency in wasting our second pick on brock !
these 3 mentioned are already making contributions to their teams on GAMEDAY, while brock holds a clipboard.
they are all selections AFTER brock this year and just the first in an annual parade of college talent and free agents, that could all be suitable alternatives to the tall order project !
how many potential starting QBs will we also IGNORE over the next 3 to 4 years so JE can save face and justify this senseless selection?
25?
this pick was worse than ashlie lelie !

chazoe60
10-13-2012, 12:52 AM
We're still talking about this?

Timmy!
10-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Screw Oz for not beating out Manning....what a hack. :zambini:

Dapper Dan
10-13-2012, 01:36 AM
All second round picks must contribute week one and throughout the rest of the season or they are considered busts. If they sit on the sideline for further development, they must develop into an MVP.

Dzone
10-13-2012, 05:39 AM
It really could be a waste if Manning continues to play like this until he is 40. Osweiller would be just another Gary Kubiak. Its possible. Manning has exceeded expectations by a mile. One of two qbs to have 1,000 yards, 8 touchdowns and no interceptions over 3 games. Would have been cool to have hightower and wolfe, but thats how it goes.

elsid13
10-13-2012, 08:16 AM
I have no opinion on Brock yet, but still think it was strange pick along with the move up for Hillman. Not saying either is bust on bad pick, just don't understand the logic behind those picks.

Jsteve01
10-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Again. I like oz but given the no plan b mantra and the obvious lack of depth on the roster I think the point is valid. I question it more now that the obvious holes at lb and interior oline have been exposed. When the pick was made I was hopeful for a healthy kuper, and progress by guys like Walton irvin and Mohammed.

Simple Jaded
10-13-2012, 09:32 AM
So a Hall of Fame QB drafted a QB to groom? Shocker. I'll take that over the last dooshcanoe who thought he could make QB soup outta chicken poop.

Wolfe is the reason Hightower is not a Bronco, not Osweiler.......

MOtorboat
10-13-2012, 09:44 AM
So...

Now you just want a DIFFERENT QB?

You don't really care who that quarterback is, you just want someone else...

Ravage!!!
10-13-2012, 10:41 AM
FOr god's sake... seriously? Again with this crap?

What if Elway was thinking the "what if Manning gets hurt later in the year?" Then we have the new QB already on the roster, already learning, already developing, and already working with the team. Elway is not, was not, and WILL not draft for THAT year. You do not draft for THAT year. You draft for the future. So far, your problems with the draft are based on nothing more than "we don't have the guys I want".... Its an absolutely ABSURD question to ask "just how many starting QB's will ELway pass on".... I mean, that is one of the dumbest things I've read anyone type, or hear anyone say. I can't think of a dumber question asked. Truly makes zero sense whatsoever.

For christ sake, we GET that you don't like Oz, But another thread on this? Jeebus

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 11:17 AM
I see that some of you are willing to recognize the implications of the OS pick, while others just allow their pre-conceived notions about the poster dictate their negative opinions on the subject.
I do not want ANY other QB, I ask, " what distinguishes Os from any other QB that JE would make such a sacrifice and commitment."
I watched a few of BO's games here for ASU, and frankly I fail to understand the urgency in selecting this guy in the face of so many other needs and so many other alternatives down the road.

alternatives that now the broncos are COMPELLED to overlook, to save face on this bizarre selection that denied us an aquisition of NEED !

MOtorboat
10-13-2012, 11:19 AM
I see that some of you are willing to recognize the implications of the OS pick, while others just allow their pre-conceived notions about the poster dictate their negative opinions on the subject.
I do not want ANY other QB, I ask, " what distinguishes Os from any other QB that JE would make such a sacrifice and commitment."
I watched a few of BO's games here for ASU, and frankly I fail to understand the urgency in selecting this guy in the face of so many other needs and so many other alternatives down the road.

alternatives that now the broncos are COMPELLED to overlook, to save face on this bizarre selection that denied us an aquisition of NEED !

I don't know. He hasn't played a down yet.

Which, ironically, means you don't have a clue either.

:wave:

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 11:23 AM
It really could be a waste if Manning continues to play like this until he is 40. Osweiller would be just another Gary Kubiak. Its possible. Manning has exceeded expectations by a mile. One of two qbs to have 1,000 yards, 8 touchdowns and no interceptions over 3 games. Would have been cool to have hightower and wolfe, but thats how it goes.that would be the best case scenario ! thats why I compare Os to an insurance policy.
we have a TRUCK.
we NEED a CAR,
but instead we buy an expensive insurance policy on the truck
and we still NEED A CAR.

ikillz0mbies
10-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Really? Again with this garbage talk? Let's see...Manning seems to be the only one that's not suffering from an injury. Flynn is an overpaid garbage QB that couldn't beat out a rookie QB, who by the way is overwhelmed by the NFL game. In Foles and Cousins case, they would only play if Vick and RGIII are hurt. Here's what I'll do, I'll ambush Manning at night, injure an arm or two then Osweiler could start.

It's ridiculous to say that Foles and Cousins are ready to play in the NFL. At this point, they're still boom or bust. What if they fail when they start? What then? Couldn't they be considered busts or wasted picks? NO ONE COULD PREDICT HOW A DRAFT PICK WILL TURN OUT. EVER.

I don't understand your definition of potential starting QBs. Technically, if Manning gets hurt this year, wouldn't Osweiler be a potential starting QB? This complaint isn't justified until we see how Osweiler does.

Northman
10-13-2012, 11:27 AM
5 games into the season?

Sorry, dumbest thread ever.

MOtorboat
10-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Really? Again with this garbage talk? Let's see...Manning seems to be the only one that's not suffering from an injury. Flynn is an overpaid garbage QB that couldn't beat out a rookie QB, who by the way is overwhelmed by the NFL game. In Foles and Cousins case, they would only play if Vick and RGIII are hurt. Here's what I'll do, I'll ambush Manning at night, injure an arm or two then Osweiler could start.

It's ridiculous to say that Foles and Cousins are ready to play in the NFL. At this point, they're still boom or bust. What if they fail when they start? What then? Couldn't they be considered busts or wasted picks? NO ONE COULD PREDICT HOW A DRAFT PICK WILL TURN OUT. EVER.

I don't understand your definition of potential starting QBs. Technically, if Manning gets hurt this year, wouldn't Osweiler be a potential starting QB? This complaint isn't justified until we see how Osweiler does.

This is an elaborate extension of how Zam expected Denver to draft Dont'a Hightower at No. 57 instead of Osweiler, despite Hightower already being off the board at No. 25.

Ravage!!!
10-13-2012, 11:30 AM
yeah.. I'm confused with what he's saying. "these three are already contributing to their teams"... Uhmm.. Ok. I guess cousins sitting the bench the first four weeks, and then will be sitting again... on the bench.. is something we should consider to be a 'better' pick than taking Oz? :confused:

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't know. He hasn't played a down yet.

Which, ironically, means you don't have a clue either.

:wave:
right, has not played a down, and could not beat out hanie for the back-up role! was only GIFTED the back-up role when JE was being questioned about why the future of the franchise couldnt outperform a poor excuse for a journyman.
I hope we dont see BO on the field for a meaningful snap for 4 more years!
so should every other bronco fan !
but I also know that we will turn our back on any other potential starting QB over the next 4 years too because JE will continue to try and justify this sacrificial selection!
and meanwhile we could have had a player performing in a position of NEED while BO hoilds a clipboard during this peyton manning window of opportunity.
OS will always represent that position of NEED that we did not address !

MOtorboat
10-13-2012, 11:35 AM
right, has not played a down, and could not beat out hanie for the back-up role!

He did beat out Hanie for the backup role.

Fail.

MOtorboat
10-13-2012, 11:37 AM
yeah.. I'm confused with what he's saying. "these three are already contributing to their teams"... Uhmm.. Ok. I guess cousins sitting the bench the first four weeks, and then will be sitting again... on the bench.. is something we should consider to be a 'better' pick than taking Oz? :confused:

To be fair, Cousins came into the game last Sunday with a lead and lost to Atlanta.

ikillz0mbies
10-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Hanie is running with the 3rd stringers....I have no clue what you're talking about. Sure, in the pre-season Hanie had the upper hand, but currently...nope. Sorry. Next argument?

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 11:42 AM
yeah.. I'm confused with what he's saying. "these three are already contributing to their teams"... Uhmm.. Ok. I guess cousins sitting the bench the first four weeks, and then will be sitting again... on the bench.. is something we should consider to be a 'better' pick than taking Oz? :confused:cousins, noles and obviously WILSON, selected after bo have all proven themselves to be "game ready"
so far, JE has refused to expose bo to a real first string defense, even in pre-season !
he could not win the job of second string, only had it handed to him when john started catching flack from the media about his inability to unseed the incompetent hanie! he didnt do anyhting to change his status as #3 just suddenly was awarded #2.
.. and if he is better than hanioe what does that prove?
MO is probably better than hanie !THIS YEAR, we ignore other positions of NEED to jump at the chance to selectbrock. for the next 4 years we will now ignore other QBs because to go there would admit a failure in wasting the pick on brock.
JE has painted himself into a corner on this one !
we can only hope that brock is the next rogers because JE has made a similar commitment.
I think the packers were in a much better position to make that luxury pick, however.
and rogers had shown alot more during his college carreer than brocko the sundevil !

MOtorboat
10-13-2012, 11:43 AM
cousins, noles and obviously WILSON, selected after bo have all proven themselves to be "game ready"
so far, JE has refused to expose bo to a real first string defense, even in pre-season !
he could not win the job of second string, only had it handed to him when john started catching flack from the media about his inability to unseed the incompetent hanie! he didnt do anyhting to change his status as #3 just suddenly was awarded #2.
.. and if he is better than hanioe what does that prove?
MO is probably better than hanie !THIS YEAR, we ignore other positions of NEED to jump at the chance to selectbrock. for the next 4 years we will now ignore other QBs because to go there would admit a failure in wasting the pick on brock.
JE has painted himself into a corner on this one !
we can only hope that brock is the next rogers because JE has made a similar commitment.
I think the packers were in a much better position to make that luxury pick, however.
and rogers had shown alot more during his college carreer than brocko the sundevil !

So, who should we have selected?

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Hanie is running with the 3rd stringers....I have no clue what you're talking about. Sure, in the pre-season Hanie had the upper hand, but currently...nope. Sorry. Next argument?and what exacxtly did BROCK do to EARN that jump from third string to second string?
did he EVER play against a first string defense?
funn y how so many defended os in the role as the #3 QB and now take salvation in his new listing as #2. yes, I find that all very funny and very telling.
some of you will say anything and convince yourselves of anything just to align yourselves against certain opinions.

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 11:49 AM
your mom,whose middle name you refuse to divulge !

ikillz0mbies
10-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Yes Zam, who should have the Broncos drafted? And could you guarantee their success or being "game ready?"

MOtorboat
and what exacxtly did BROCK do to EARN that jump from third string to second string?
did he EVER play against a first string defense?
funn y how so many defended os in the role as the #3 QB and now take salvation in his new listing as #2. yes, I find that all very funny and very telling.
some of you will say anything and convince yourselves of anything just to align yourselves against certain opinions.

This is just ridiculous.

It's typical "I'm smarter than the front office" zam rearing its ugly head.

MOtorboat
your mom,whose middle name you refuse to divulge !

What a great comeback.

Let me know when you can make a rational football argument.

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 11:58 AM
my opinion, we should have taken hightowerwith our original pick, and then if so fixated on wolfe, instead of fixated on osweiler, made the necessary moves to go up a few spots to get him!
instead we were pre-determined to move DOWN, did so TWICE and focused and crafted our first selections around the all important brock osweiler selection !
absolutely LAME !
one look at our defense tells any legitimate bronco fan that a defensive selection for our first TWO picks made alot more sense than pissing away one of those for a QB, ANY QB, not just brock !
the FACT that other drafted QBs have shown merit, THIS YEAR, something BROCK has yet to do, indicates how senseless the urgency was to select him at that point !
thats why I call it a FIXATION !

MOtorboat
10-13-2012, 12:00 PM
my opinion, we should have taken hightowerwith our original pick, and then if so fixated on wolfe, instead of fixated on osweiler, made the necessary moves to go up a few spots to get him!
instead we were pre-determined to move DOWN, did so TWICE and focused and crafted our first selections around the all important brock osweiler selection !
absolutely LAME !
one look at our defense tells any legitimate bronco fan that a defensive selection for our first TWO picks made alot more sense than pissing away one of those for a QB, ANY QB, not just brock !
the FACT that other drafted QBs have shown merit, THIS YEAR, something BROCK has yet to do, indicates how senseless the urgency was to select him at that point !
thats why I call it a FIXATION !

I would like to commend John Elway for having the foresight to not have a narrow-minded view of this year, and this year alone, while putting together a football team.

You know, like solid management teams around the NFL, like the Patriots, Steelers and Ravens.

Remember when Bill Belichek took Ryan Mallet last year? Zam would be having a shit fit about that.

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Yes Zam, who should have the Broncos drafted? And could you guarantee their success or being "game ready?"hightower, with our first pick!
there are no guaranteesm,\, but for the first time in his life bill belichek moved UP IN THE FIRST ROUND, to take hightower at the very spot we had just vacated !
BB usually trades OUT of the first round, so this is quite a testimomial that BB targeted hightower and altered his normal M.O. to get him !
thats about as close to a guarantee as you can get !
Our first 2 picks should have addressed defensive NEEDS !
intead we pised away one of our first two picksand a chance to select HIGHTOWER, so that we could manuever our way to BROCK OSWEILER, THE NEXT AARON ROGERS !

SR
10-13-2012, 12:06 PM
hightower, with our first pick!
there are no guaranteesm,\, but for the first time in his life bill belichek moved UP IN THE FIRST ROUND, to take hightower at the very spot we had just vacated !
BB usually trades OUT of the first round, so this is quite a testimomial that BB targeted hightower and altered his normal M.O. to get him !
Our first 2 picks should have addressed defensive NEEDS !
intead we pised away one of our first two picksand a chance to select HIGHTOWER, so that we could manuever our way to BROCK OSWEILER, THE NEXT AARON ROGERS !

Too bad that Elway didn't have a time machine to go in to the future to see what NE was gonna do so that he could have come back to the, then, present time to thwart the Patriots' plans! BWAHAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

MOtorboat
10-13-2012, 12:07 PM
I know someone who has a fixation, and it ain't Elway.

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 12:07 PM
I would like to commend John Elway for having the foresight to not have a narrow-minded view of this year, and this year alone, while putting together a football team.

You know, like solid management teams around the NFL, like the Patriots, Steelers and Ravens.

Remember when Bill Belichek took Ryan Mallet last year? Zam would be having a shit fit about that.what round did mallet go in?

MOtorboat
10-13-2012, 12:09 PM
what round did mallet go in?

Three. He hasn't played at all. He's exactly what Osweiler is.

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 12:31 PM
and how many picks did the pats use before they selected mallet?
yes I agree they both serve the same purpose but the aquisition element is much different.
the team dynamics at time of selection much different.
I am willing to guess that BB made 4 selections in that years draft before he used a pick on mallet.

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 01:55 PM
bingo FOUR picks BEFORE mallet selected as the second pick of the THIRD ROUND !
much different than the second pick of the years draft !
notice how BB filled a need by chosing TWo RBs before he felt he had the luxury of selecting a QB as a down the road replacement for brady? !!!
MO, I know you recognise the difference, thats why you did NOT respond.

Ravage!!!
10-13-2012, 02:00 PM
hightower, with our first pick!

Why, because you think Belicheck has done a good job drafting over the years, especially with first round picks???? :confused:

You are must making yourself look silly the more you go on about this. Even if Os never plays, even if he never becomes what Denver wants...even if we draft another QB in the 1st round 2 years from now.... so what?

If Manning gets injured next year... then we will have already had our young QB on the roster for 1 full season, 2 full offseasons, and the part of the season of next. So far, what you are complaining about, really has no validity.

Your Belicheck drafted Mallet in the 3rd. Shanahan, who had already taken RGIII, then took Cousins in the 4th. Why do you suppose these coaches are taking young QBs to back-up their starters??

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 02:14 PM
why do you suppose they are waiting until rounds 3 or 4 to do so?
why are you always so compekled to say black to my white, day to my night?
is your mothers middle name margarita?

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 02:18 PM
MNF. we arer all going to watch the game.
(for me iot will be tevo)
we are all going to root for our broncos!
we are all going to hope that PM plays like the HOFer that he is and stays healthy and on the field.
we all will do that! but I guess unlike YOU and MO, when I see our defense faulter I will think, damn, we should have another defensive starter instead of that tall kid over there holding a clip-board.
but ravage and mo wont think like that, I guess.
what will you be thinking/
'golly we are all set for the future" ?

MOtorboat
10-13-2012, 02:26 PM
MNF. we arer all going to watch the game.
(for me iot will be tevo)
we are all going to root for our broncos!
we are all going to hope that PM plays like the HOFer that he is and stays healthy and on the field.
we all will do that! but I guess unlike YOU and MO, when I see our defense faulter I will think, damn, we should have another defensive starter instead of that tall kid over there holding a clip-board.
but ravage and mo wont think like that, I guess.
what will you be thinking/
'golly we are all set for the future" ?

What defensive starter could Denver have drafted at No. 57?

Timmy!
10-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Zam, tell us a story about bullfighting and lance armstrong.

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 02:49 PM
What defensive starter could Denver have drafted at No. 57?i dont know, i do know we could have drafted hightower in the first round and likey found a way to still draft wolfe in the second. and I said as much the week after the draft !

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Zam, tell us a story about bullfighting and lance armstrong.both have sad, tragic endings.

MOtorboat
10-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Denver could have drafted Hightower and, somehow, found a way to draft Wolfe, and Zam would likely be bitching about how the team doesn't have a viable backup quarterback, and they should have drafted one.

That's the type of poster Zam is.

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Zam, tell us a story about bullfighting and lance armstrong.inevitably, eventually the bull falls to the lance.
and eventually and inevitably, lance falls to all the bull.
never a happy ending.

Chef Zambini
10-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Denver could have drafted Hightower and, somehow, found a way to draft Wolfe, and Zam would likely be bitching about how the team doesn't have a viable backup quarterback, and they should have drafted one.

That's the type of poster Zam is.fathead, thats the kind of poster mo is.
bigger than life.

Simple Jaded
10-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Derrick Wolfe is the reason Donte Hightower is not a Bronco, Wolfe is the available player they wanted with their top pick, they may not have even had any interest in Hightower. For all we know, they could have had 32 picks in the second round and still not have taken Donte Hightower in the first.

This is just an exercise in what you would have done, nothing wrong with that but let's call it what it is.......a pity party.......

NightTerror218
10-13-2012, 11:14 PM
again?!?!?!

*bang head on table*

Rick
10-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Apparently JE and his professional scouts feel that Brock is going to be a great QB in this league. That is why they picked him.

If you go in and know that no matter what QB you pick, they will be sitting for several years, and that one QB you believe will be great and maybe the others could be solid, I think you have to pick the guy you feel will be great.

As many holes as this team has, I think we have seen since JE left this team, that QB is the most important position on the field. Manning is great and will be for some time still but he is 36 years old. As much as it would have been nice to fix other holes, grabbing the guy you truly believe to be your future franchise QB to learn behind the 36 year old guy you have now is just as much fixing a hole as drafting the LBer. You just don't get to see the immediate results but at the same time, in theory, you won't see the downturn that other teams face when the current QB retires, because your next franchise guy is ready to fire away. See Colts.

It is not like we didn't address a need also with the first pick. Seems to me our DL has been horrid as well.

You can't solve every single problem in 1 draft. This year they addressed DL and franchise QB.

Maybe next year they grab a LBer with the first pick, who knows?

It doesn't really matter if WE believe that Wilson, Foles or Cousins will be as good or better than OZ(I personally have no idea but I personally like OZ), it only matters that the guys drafting feel that OZ can be turned into a star and they apparently didn't feel the same about the other guys.

Simple Jaded
10-14-2012, 10:28 AM
I haven't seen anything so special from the "NFL ready" Wilson, Foles and Cousins that convinces me that Osweiler will never exceed their potential ceiling. And this team isn't any better off with those QB's if Manning went down.

This whole thing is about what Zam would have done instead. If it were me, I would have used the 25th pick on Cordy Glenn, I would have done a lot of things differently, including Osweiler. The trick is getting over it, at least to the point where you're not starting new threads about it.......it's been five months dude, time to get over it. It's not like Elway traded a boat load of picks to move up and draft a project QB that throws like Hideo Nomo, the end of the 2nd round is a good spot for a project QB that can already hit the entire field.......

Chef Zambini
10-14-2012, 10:49 AM
I haven't seen anything so special from the "NFL ready" Wilson, Foles and Cousins that convinces me that Osweiler will never exceed their potential ceiling. And this team isn't any better off with those QB's if Manning went down.

This whole thing is about what Zam would have done instead. If it were me, I would have used the 25th pick on Cordy Glenn, I would have done a lot of things differently, including Osweiler. The trick is getting over it, at least to the point where you're not starting new threads about it.......it's been five months dude, time to get over it. It's not like Elway traded a boat load of picks to move up and draft a project QB that throws like Hideo Nomo, the end of the 2nd round is a good spot for a project QB that can already hit the entire field.......point well taken.
as I said previously I will watch the game and cheer for our broncos like mo, ravage, you and all the rest.
when I see our defense struggle I will think,
'we coulda had a V8"
know what Im sayin?
the mays thread became the os thread, thats why I created a thread exclusivly foe this subject. I will continue to respond to commentsin this thread.
done talkin about it, dont comment.
comprende?
enjoy a sunday full of football everybody!

Nomad
10-14-2012, 11:42 AM
I saw the photo on my son's Facebook but can't find it anywhere else.....Anyway there's a photo with Osweiler and Halliday standing next to each other. Funny!

Chef Zambini
10-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Derrick Wolfe is the reason Donte Hightower is not a Bronco, Wolfe is the available player they wanted with their top pick, they may not have even had any interest in Hightower. For all we know, they could have had 32 picks in the second round and still not have taken Donte Hightower in the first.

This is just an exercise in what you would have done, nothing wrong with that but let's call it what it is.......a pity party.......the way we play in the middle at LINEBACKER is a PITY !

Chef Zambini
10-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Apparently JE and his professional scouts feel that Brock is going to be a great QB in this league. That is why they picked him.

RICK,
I wish IO could swallow this premise. I tried to when the pick was done.
I love elway, figured , he knows what he's doin, But i am concerned about the "scouts' part of that equasion !
JEs son , jack went to ASU as a QB, roomed with Brock. JE met brock and formed a personnel relationshop with the kid. JE became enamored with the kid who compelled his own son to quit football.
I dont think SCOUTS had anything to do with it. this was JEs own personnal pick and his singular fixation !
I did not intend to suggest that the trio of QBs mentioned will all be BETTER than brock.
I just pointed out that with so many REASONABLE ALTERNATIVES for the role of QB over the next 3-5 years, i fail to understand the URGENCY in getting brock!
is he really so special that we know are commited to turning our backs on all the ALTERNATIVES?

because you have to know, that to justify this 'sacrifice of the present" ,elways own words, they cant start drafting other shiny Qb objects in the window.

sorry, i find it all very unsettling and disturbing.

Simple Jaded
10-14-2012, 12:20 PM
the way we play in the middle at LINEBACKER is a PITY !

Again, it doesn't appear that Denver had any interest in Hightower, maybe they were worried that he wouldn't be able to cover Gronk/Hernandez either.......

Chef Zambini
10-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Again, it doesn't appear that Denver had any interest in Hightower, maybe they were worried that he wouldn't be able to cover Gronk/Hernandez either.......I have a huge problem with that premise too !
why woukld BB move UP in to the first round, first time EVER for BB to select hightower if he wasnt a valuable commodity?
sorry I cant side with our scouting department if they dont share similar opinions with the likes of BB and and the ravens GM.ozzie newsome.
frankly, I think the broncos already had their little gameplan in place and simply dropped the ball when hightower fell to them in their original draft spot, and then JE refused to move from that gameplan, fearing it would cost him Os.
the rolling head, following the draft, re-inforces my theory.

SR
10-14-2012, 12:40 PM
re-inforces my theory.

It's a theory. And a bogus one at that. So quit trying to pass it off like you're some all knowing football wizard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

MOtorboat
10-14-2012, 12:41 PM
I have a huge problem with that premise too !
why woukld BB move UP in to the first round, first time EVER for BB to select hightower if he wasnt a valuable commodity?
sorry I cant side with our scouting department if they dont share similar opinions with the likes of BB and and the ravens GM.ozzie newsome.
frankly, I think the broncos already had their little gameplan in place and simply dropped the ball when hightower fell to them in their original draft spot, and then JE refused to move from that gameplan, fearing it would cost him Os.

You realize Belichek's recent defensive draft picks have been pretty questionable, right?

And Osweiler still has nothing to do with that pick.

Simple Jaded
10-14-2012, 12:42 PM
I have a huge problem with that premise too !
Because Belicheat isn't building a team designed to beat the Patriots, Hightower isn't Patrick Willis is coverage either.......

MOtorboat
10-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Because Belicheat isn't building a team designed to beat the Patriots, Hightower isn't Patrick Willis is coverage either.......

Hightower will likely end up playing outside linebacker if he starts, anyway.

Hightower also played in a 3-4 in college, not a 4-3, so just another factor.

Simple Jaded
10-14-2012, 12:53 PM

Hightower also played in a 3-4 in college, not a 4-3, so just another factor.
Which is right up Belicheats alley, he already has Spikes and Mayo to play inside if he wants. Hightower looks like an an edge setter in that Defense, he wasn't drafted to shut down the leagues best TE's. Zam went from talking about what Hightower would do for Denver to using Belicheat to back up his theory, even though Belicheat isn't using him the same way he thinks Denver should be.

And if all Denver wanted was a two-down thumper they didn't have to use the 25th to find one.......

Joel
10-14-2012, 04:52 PM
It really could be a waste if Manning continues to play like this until he is 40. Osweiller would be just another Gary Kubiak. Its possible. Manning has exceeded expectations by a mile. One of two qbs to have 1,000 yards, 8 touchdowns and no interceptions over 3 games. Would have been cool to have hightower and wolfe, but thats how it goes.
The list of QBs who played until 40, let alone started and played well, is very short. It makes sense to start looking for Mannings replacement now, because it will probably take more than one try, and we'll probably need him in a couple years, not four. Not to mention the fact we don't have backup worth mentioning now either, so we need a guy to cover us if Manning's out for a month, and will STILL need someone like that even after we find Mannings replacement. I don't think Osweiler will be the latter, but a few years under Manning might make him a quality backup once we find our next starter.

Simple Jaded
10-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Joel, Osweiler is who the Broncos plan on replacing Manning with, you might wanna warm up to that fact. Might help if you weren't so biased.......

Chef Zambini
10-15-2012, 02:57 AM

Hightower also played in a 3-4 in college, not a 4-3, so just another factor.Scouting Report

Hightower is an excellent linebacker who has versatility to play at any position. He's a natural inside linebacker who is all over the ball, but he was used on the edge at times, too. He plays with a mean streak, and he's a natural leader.

MOtorboat
10-15-2012, 07:23 AM
Scouting Report

Hightower is an excellent linebacker who has versatility to play at any position. He's a natural inside linebacker who is all over the ball, but he was used on the edge at times, too. He plays with a mean streak, and he's a natural leader.

That sounds like Ayers scouting report.

Northman
10-15-2012, 07:31 AM
So basically this is what Zam is saying,

Because Matt Flynn isnt any good and Wilson is starting Zam feels that Manning should be benched so that Oz can contribute.

As to the other two he mentioned, he also wants Manning to be injured just so he can say that Oz contributed just like Foles and Cousins when their starters got injured.

Wonderful.

SR
10-15-2012, 08:55 AM

Because Matt Flynn isnt any good and Wilson is starting Zam feels that Manning should be benched so that Oz can contribute.

As to the other two he mentioned, he also wants Manning to be injured just so he can say that Oz contributed just like Foles and Cousins when their starters got injured.

Wonderful.

Bravo, sir.

Joel
10-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Joel, Osweiler is who the Broncos plan on replacing Manning with, you might wanna warm up to that fact. Might help if you weren't so biased.......
That's the plan with whom we have now, but I strongly doubt we're done drafting QBs on the first day. Again, if nothing else we'll need another decent backup when Manning retires even if Osweiler is the real deal. However, the odds are against the latter, and when Manning I fully expect 2-3 QBs in camp competing to replace him, if not the first year, then the next (after the designated heir explodes on the launch pad.) It's conceivable (though ill-advised) to draft a QB in the 3rd+ round three years straight: One this year, another to replace Hanie next year and a third when Manning retires the year after that. Maybe if Manning plays after his 38th birthday we'll skip a year, but then he'll be gone and we'll want another QB.

silkamilkamonico
10-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Scouting Report

Everyone here knows that if Denver drafted Hightower instead of Wolfe, and he somehow miraculously plays the MLB in the 4-3 (which he wouldn't) you would be sitting here crying about how Denver has NEGLECTED the DL, and REFUSED to address the dline and how it's our GREATEST WEAKNESS and why our DEFENSE is SOO BADD!

It's always something with you. All you want to do is bitch about the Broncos.

CoachChaz
10-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Zam reminds me of the people I know on an Orioles forum. Everyone there wants an all-star at each position and until it happens, they wont be happy.

TXBRONC
10-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Zam you're full of it and you waste space by trying to mislead everyone.

You throw out this piss ass line that all these quarterbacks are contributing to their respective teams. That is crock of shit and you know it. Wilson is the only of the three starting. The only reason Cousins made it onto the field last week is because RGIII was hurt and if you really think that Cousins was going to onto the field barring injury then you not very bright. Now how has Foles contributed on GAMEDAY when he no offical stats? You prove over and over again how little you actually know. You have no clue as whether or not Foles and Cousins are potential starters. Obviously their respective teams don't think so. If they did they be starting.

weazel
10-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Unless osweiler turns out to be the next aaron rogers, I will never understand the urgency in wasting our second pick on brock !
these 3 mentioned are already making contributions to their teams on GAMEDAY, while brock holds a clipboard.
they are all selections AFTER brock this year and just the first in an annual parade of college talent and free agents, that could all be suitable alternatives to the tall order project !
how many potential starting QBs will we also IGNORE over the next 3 to 4 years so JE can save face and justify this senseless selection?
25?

for some reason, while reading this post all I could picture is this...

http://www.phaseware.com/Portals/40236/images/79_-i-m-as-mad-as-hell-and-i-m-not-going-to-take-this-anymore_imagelarge.jpg

It sounds like your just mad because you can be

TXBRONC
10-15-2012, 10:37 AM
What a great comeback.

Let me know when you can make a rational football argument.

Like that will ever happen.

Chef Zambini
10-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Zam you're full of it and you waste space by trying to mislead everyone.

You throw out this piss ass line that all these quarterbacks are contributing to their respective teams. That is crock of shit and you know it. Wilson is the only of the three starting. The only reason Cousins made it onto the field last week is because RGIII was hurt and if you really think that Cousins was going to onto the field barring injury then you not very bright. Now how has Foles contributed on GAMEDAY when he no offical stats? You prove over and over again how little you actually know. You have no clue as whether or not Foles and Cousins are potential starters. Obviously their respective teams don't think so. If they did they be starting.thanks for totaly misrepresenting my post and behaving like all the other clown car occupants.

Chef Zambini
10-15-2012, 12:11 PM

Wonderful.another CCO trying to twist my words to fulfill his need to avoid reality.
love the post from the movie
'mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore"
you guys all fall under the banner of another famous movie line,
'you cant handle the truth"

the truth is JE singular fixation on brock is why he is on the team.
you refuse to recognize the short term consequences of that decision, even though JE himself called a a "
"sacrifice of the present, for the future"

Northman
10-15-2012, 12:16 PM
another CCO trying to twist my words to fulfill his need to avoid reality.

I didnt twist anything slick Rick. From your initial post,

If this isnt what you meant maybe you should of elaborated or explained yourself better. But dont be mad that people who took your post to task. Blame yourself, not everyone else.

NightTerror218
10-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Zam were packers fans complaining as much as you when they drafted Rodgers? How SD when they drafted Brees?

It is common to draft back up QBs high who you intend to replace your starter in a couple years.

vandammage13
10-15-2012, 01:43 PM
FOr god's sake... seriously? Again with this crap?

What if Elway was thinking the "what if Manning gets hurt later in the year?" Then we have the new QB already on the roster, already learning, already developing, and already working with the team. Elway is not, was not, and WILL not draft for THAT year. You do not draft for THAT year. You draft for the future. So far, your problems with the draft are based on nothing more than "we don't have the guys I want".... Its an absolutely ABSURD question to ask "just how many starting QB's will ELway pass on".... I mean, that is one of the dumbest things I've read anyone type, or hear anyone say. I can't think of a dumber question asked. Truly makes zero sense whatsoever.

For christ sake, we GET that you don't like Oz, But another thread on this? Jeebus

I think Elway would have been better served to be patient and take a QB in 2013 when we will have what is looking to be a pretty good pick...:couch:

BroncoJoe
10-15-2012, 01:48 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/JoeArthur/WorstThreadEver.gif

Chef Zambini
10-15-2012, 02:18 PM
bronco joe:
worst attitude ever !
sorry I dont have any cute little icons to share with you.

Chef Zambini
10-15-2012, 02:22 PM
I didnt twist anything slick Rick. From your initial post,

If this isnt what you meant maybe you should of elaborated or explained yourself better. But dont be mad that people who took your post to task. Blame yourself, not everyone else.I merely point out that these 3 guys were capable of stepping in THIS year and being viable contributers, game ready.
so why the urgency to draft OS?
he couldnt even beat out haine, who is less than mediocre for the #2 spot.
instead, like TEBOW, he had to have the #2 spot handed to him as a PR move.
YOU should find that tactical similarity disturbing!

NightTerror218
10-15-2012, 02:23 PM
well in 2015 you can really judge once Brock finally hits the field and you can do a REAL COMPARISON of the QBs from that class.

Northman
10-15-2012, 02:27 PM
I merely point out that these 3 guys were capable of stepping in THIS year and being viable contributers, game ready.
so why the urgency to draft OS?

Zam, seriously. Do you ever think it out before you post?

Tell me when Oz has had to step in because of an injury to Manning? When? Both Foles and Cousins came in when they were FORCED too due to the starter going down. When has that happened to allow Oz to even take the field this year? As of right now we dont know if Oz is capable of anything because he hasnt had to come in for Peyton. Its not like anyone knew if Foles or Cousins were capable (and its still early i might add) until they were forced too. And your hanging your hat on the depth chart while at the same time "assuming" he was handed it unfairly? Really? Dude buy a freaking clue already. lmao

vandammage13
10-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Zam, seriously. Do you ever think it out before you post?

Tell me when Oz has had to step in because of an injury to Manning? When? Both Foles and Cousins came in when they were FORCED too due to the starter going down. When has that happened to allow Oz to even take the field this year? As of right now we dont know if Oz is capable of anything because he hasnt had to come in for Peyton. Its not like anyone knew if Foles or Cousins were capable (and its still early i might add) until they were forced too. And your hanging your hat on the depth chart while at the same time "assuming" he was handed it unfairly? Really? Dude buy a freaking clue already. lmao

I agree that there is absolutely no reason to think that Oz is a bust or not on par with his peers, but I do think that it is a legitimate question to wonder if we may have been better served picking up some defensive help...but time will tell whether it was the right move or not.

Northman
10-15-2012, 02:41 PM
I agree that there is absolutely no reason to think that Oz is a bust or not on par with his peers, but I do think that it is a legitimate question to wonder if we may have been better served picking up some defensive help...but time will tell whether it was the right move or not.

The question of whether to take a QB for the future in the second round isnt dumb. To this we agree, but his statements about how the others are already "contributing" as compared to a guy who has not needed to come in is beyond moronic.

As to your initial post, yes, you can question it all day. Just like we can question every pick selected whether its this year, last year, or next year. This is a 3 year project to try and make/win the Super Bowl. Not everything is going to be fixed in one year, anyone who believes that just doesnt understand the situation. We have the next two years to pick up more defensive help whether by drafting or through FA. Its not all going to be handled in one year.

BroncoJoe
10-15-2012, 02:52 PM
bronco joe:
worst attitude ever !
sorry I dont have any cute little icons to share with you.

Now this is laughable.

G_Money
10-15-2012, 03:28 PM
If Manning had been lost for the season after his first sack and Osweiler had come in and performed like Wilson, then we'd probably be thrilled with the prescient pick. Manning's been the picture of wobbly-passed health, though, so Oz hasn't been needed.

That's a good thing.

I had both Foles and Wilson on my "I'd draft him" QB list, but they were both drafted just one round after Oz. It's not like they were 7th rounders.

If the difference in our future is taking a QB in the 2nd or the 3rd, then it had better be because Foles or Wilson is a future All-Pro and Oz isn't, not because of the one round discrepancy. We don't know if Elway is right about Osweiler yet. We're fortunate not to need to know yet. If we can clean up in FA and the draft next year, then hopefully one pick won't break us either way.

I wasn't a huge fan of this draft at the time. I listed it as this:

- Pass-rushing DT
- backup outside CB with with #2 potential
- backup OG/C
- project DT/DE with good upside
- situational pass-catching RB, hopeful future starter
- Special teamer / backup LB
- traded 2nd round pick for hopeful 2015 starting QB (Osweiler)

Next draft we need to do better at meaningful positions, IMO. But none of that says Oz is a bust. He's just a big unknown, and unknowns who don't take the field don't help us win this year, which is why some people can't let it go.

~G

jhns
10-15-2012, 03:41 PM
What a silly thread. It was a bad idea to look for the future QB, and draft one high, when signing an old QB who is coming off of a major injury?

LOL

I'm just glad Elway is running the show here. The OP seems about as smart as McDaniels.

Nomad
10-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I found that pic with Osweiler standing next to Holliday:lol:
http://uglyfours.com/ugly-fours/2012/10/14/trindon-holliday-and-brock-osweiler-standing-next-to-each-ot.html

TXBRONC
10-16-2012, 10:36 AM
thanks for totaly misrepresenting my post and behaving like all the other clown car occupants.

I didn't misrepresent what you said. You made the claim that all three are potential starters and are already contributing on game day. That is crock of b.s. only Wilson has realized the potential to be a starter. Everyone you're calling a clown knows that what you said in the o.p. was at best inaccurate.

Ravage!!!
10-16-2012, 11:58 AM
What a silly thread. It was a bad idea to look for the future QB, and draft one high, when signing an old QB who is coming off of a major injury?

LOL

I'm just glad Elway is running the show here. The OP seems about as smart as McDaniels.

Exactly. As much as I'm sure Elway was sure things were fine with Manning and his neck, could ANYONE say for certain that EVERYTHING was perfect with him? Drafting a young QB was the right move because we just didn't know. If Manning stays healthy (and he is), then we have a young QB to watch and learn in how to practice, study, prepare, and read defenses. It just made sense at the time. Looking back and saying "damn, Manning is perfectly healthy, and we could have taken _________" is just silly at best.

TXBRONC
10-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Exactly. As much as I'm sure Elway was sure things were fine with Manning and his neck, could ANYONE say for certain that EVERYTHING was perfect with him? Drafting a young QB was the right move because we just didn't know. If Manning stays healthy (and he is), then we have a young QB to watch and learn in how to practice, study, prepare, and read defenses. It just made sense at the time. Looking back and saying "damn, Manning is perfectly healthy, and we could have taken _________" is just silly at best.

Even if Manning had not come to Denver Elway was more than likely going to draft a quarterback this year based on what he said after the 2011 draft. He told Sandy Clough in the press conference following the 2011 draft something to the effect "We're going quarterbacks next year you can count on that." I trust that Elway was far and away better informed on the potential quarterbacks in this year's draft than Zam could even dream of being.

Simple Jaded
10-16-2012, 11:01 PM
I think Elway would have been better served to be patient and take a QB in 2013 when we will have what is looking to be a pretty good pick...:couch:
It's still a high pick though, what dif does it make if they do it this year or next? The QB they would take next year would be a year behind Osweiler, as far as learning the offense.......

Simple Jaded
10-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Hot pocket.......

Superchop 7
10-19-2012, 09:58 AM

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Lavonte David has the speed and size to match with elite TE's.

I liked LaMichael James but LaVonte David would have probably been the smartest pick.

TXBRONC
10-19-2012, 10:22 AM
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Lavonte David has the speed and size to match with elite TE's.

I liked LaMichael James but LaVonte David would have probably been the smartest pick.

Nah Denver did make the smartest pick.

MasterShake
10-19-2012, 10:30 AM
I think Brock has more upside than Brady Quinn. Dude is learning from the best for hopefully 3-5 years and has a great arm and seems to be pretty smart. I don't think we can say any of the new QB's from this or last years draft are surefire hits yet. Cam Newton is uneven, RGIII has looked incredible, Wilson has flashes and even Andrew Luck is still taking his bumps. The fact is we won't know anything until each of their respective careers is well underway in about 3 or 4 years. I love the situation Elway has put us in, personally.

I guess my only complaint would be where they took Osweiler. I would have liked to get Hightower or something, I think he would have been there later.

Northman
10-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Brock went where he was projected too. If he was projected for a later round he probably would of went then.

Chef Zambini
10-19-2012, 12:25 PM
part of the "projectionZ" process is desire and supply and demand, not necessarily true VALUE.
wilson brady warner, projection arent always a measure of a Qbs worth ! jmarcuss russel PROJECTED to go #1 overall !
Iget what your saying, if JE WANTED os he had to take him where he did.
obviously JE coveted Os, thats why he designjed the top end of his draft process around him !
I sure hope brock can justify it, because JE morgaged at least 3 good years of a quality defender to let brock hold a clipboard and INHERIT the role of
FRANCHISE qb foresaking all others over the next 3 years !

Northman
10-19-2012, 12:34 PM
part of the "projectionZ" process is desire and supply and demand, not necessarily true VALUE.
wilson brady warner, projection arent always a measure of a Qbs worth ! jmarcuss russel PROJECTED to go #1 overall !
Iget what your saying, if JE WANTED os he had to take him where he did.
obviously JE coveted Os, thats why he designjed the top end of his draft process around him !
I sure hope brock can justify it, because JE morgaged at least 3 good years of a quality defender to let brock hold a clipboard and INHERIT the role of
FRANCHISE qb foresaking all others over the next 3 years !

Its a no brainer that when it comes to the draft its a crapshoot. However, without the projections you might as well just throw a name in the hat or put on a blindfold and squeeze a donkey's ass. You have to have some sort of formula going in so that you have an idea of who can be NFL ready and who cant be. Sure, you have your JMarshmellows and Akili Smiths. But you also have your Peyton Mannings and John Elways. GB took Rodgers who sat on the bench for 3 years, he turned out fine. Will that be the case with Oz? No one knows but its a bit premature to claim "failure" before the guy even takes the field. Remember, in the years that Rodgers sat the bench the Pack were somewhat competitive but not true contenders. They were still building before they finally won a few years ago. And ironically, they did it without their future HOF QB.

Chef Zambini
10-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Its a no brainer that when it comes to the draft its a crapshoot. However, without the projections you might as well just throw a name in the hat or put on a blindfold and squeeze a donkey's ass.

we should try that some day, it would at least be betteer than the JMCD selection process !

Northman
10-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Its a no brainer that when it comes to the draft its a crapshoot. However, without the projections you might as well just throw a name in the hat or put on a blindfold and squeeze a donkey's ass.

we should try that some day, it would at least be betteer than the JMCD selection process !

Well, we no longer have to worry about that Schmuck. Just too bad they wont let him pick for the Patriots.

TimHippo
10-19-2012, 05:17 PM
25?

Give him a break.
He drafted his son's best friend from ASU so he has a playmate.

Jsteve01
10-19-2012, 06:35 PM
says Tim Hippo the most biased poster on this board. The Jets fanboy board is >>>>>>>>>>> that way

bcbronc
10-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Fan and pundit based projections are worth even less than a blind squeeze of a donkeys ass. It means absolutely jack shit where the draftniks think a player will go.

Remember a couple years ago there was that DT everyone wanted in the 1st or 2nd (Chris Baker iirc) who we signed as a udfa and he lasted a year before he was gone? Apparently his value was early in the draft, according to the experts.

Not only to actual NFL teams scout small schools with players no one has ever heard of, they also talk to players, coaches, professors and other teams to get a better feel for said player, but also a better feel for when he might come off the board.

Os might have been available later, or might not. But saying he was "projected" to go somewhere means absolutely sqauat. Go check out projections vs actual drafts for any given year if u don't believe me.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2012, 12:44 AM
Give him a break.
He drafted his son's best friend from ASU so he has a playmate.

So even Elway Jr has a better eye for NFL QB's than Josh McDaniels, not saying much tho.......

Chef Zambini
10-20-2012, 02:33 AM
elway wanted his kid to be an NFL QB and keep the legacy alive.
But his kid got beat out and ultimatly quit football in the face of his roomates greater skills and accomplishments.
JE shifted his 'iterest' to brock, the shrink communoity calls it" transferance"
I think that is what is at the core of the elway fixation on brock osweiler.

Jsteve01
10-20-2012, 08:27 AM
elway wanted his kid to be an NFL QB and keep the legacy alive.
But his kid got beat out and ultimatly quit football in the face of his roomates greater skills and accomplishments.
JE shifted his 'iterest' to brock, the shrink communoity calls it" transferance"

or it could be the fact that he's huge, athletic, had the biggest arm in the draft, and looks to have the dynamic personality you want in your qb. I'll give you that it was definitely a pick based on potential rather than productions but Gil Brandt said after Brock's pro day that based on his pro day he could foresee brock as a lat 1st round pick. Say what you like but Brandt has more cred as a college talent evaluator, than McShay and Kiper put together. If Brock hadn't had the foot injury and had to miss some workouts and the combine, I have no doubt he'd have had a Cutler type rise. The beautiful thing is that he has a similar athletic skill set to Cutler without the ahole attitude. I do agree with you zam that all the holes on this team make the selection questionable other than the fact that with an old qb like Manning in the fold, this team needed a young guy they thought could be a franchise type to groom.

Ravage!!!
10-20-2012, 11:18 AM
or it could be the fact that he's huge, athletic, had the biggest arm in the draft, and looks to have the dynamic personality you want in your qb. I'll give you that it was definitely a pick based on potential rather than productions but Gil Brandt said after Brock's pro day that based on his pro day he could foresee brock as a lat 1st round pick. Say what you like but Brandt has more cred as a college talent evaluator, than McShay and Kiper put together. If Brock hadn't had the foot injury and had to miss some workouts and the combine, I have no doubt he'd have had a Cutler type rise. The beautiful thing is that he has a similar athletic skill set to Cutler without the ahole attitude. I do agree with you zam that all the holes on this team make the selection questionable other than the fact that with an old qb like Manning in the fold, this team needed a young guy they thought could be a franchise type to groom.

Great post. Not to mention (as I had earlier)...if Manning HAD had a setback with his injury, waiting another year to have a young QB on the roster would have been a year lost. Not only did we draft a young QB to learn, but drafted a young QB to start and learn had the need risen. I'm sure Elway was certain that Manning was more than healthy enough to play, but even with certainty comes doubt.

Ravage!!!
10-20-2012, 11:21 AM

No. the amateur (101) shrink community calls it transference when they don't really know what transference is.

I think its pretty absurd to call it a "fixation." The only person that has shown a "fixation" on Os... has been you.

TXBRONC
10-20-2012, 08:09 PM
So even Elway Jr has a better eye for NFL QB's than Josh McDaniels, not saying much tho.......

While McDaniels was with the Rams last year he said he doesn't know what a franchise quarterback looks like.

Superchop 7
10-20-2012, 08:45 PM
I will say this.....his form has improved over college....he still gets into bad form at times where his right leg swings in the follow through. (I have pics of bad and good form from him with my camera)

I truly hope he gets to IMG....if he does.....he will become a solid prospect. (That I can guarantee)

IMO......a 2 was a major overdraft, which seemed to be a theme for the first 3 picks. I see this as troubling.......horrible draft management.

I agree we had more pressing needs and this was a luxury pick.

As for Foles......I am happy for him......I assume in the future scouting reports it will include "this kid is throwing his ass off with no o-line" because I think it translates well to the NFL. Every time Gil Brandt trashed him (which was alot) I said to myself........got you on this one.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2012, 11:43 PM
While McDaniels was with the Rams last year he said he doesn't know what a franchise quarterback looks like.

Josh McDaniels thinks he could take a high school QB and make him an NFL QB, he's garbage without Tom Brady.......