PDA

View Full Version : D. Thomas, star on the rise

rationalfan
10-10-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm not much for stats-mongering, so that could be why these numbers by D. Thomas were so startling. But, the guy's having a great, statistical season. Nice to finally see him healthy. Now if he can just hold on to the ball ...

From the Denver Post:
In Thomas' past 12 games dating to last season, he has 65 catches for 1,258 yards. His 513 yards through five games this year are second in the NFL to Miami's Brian Hartline's 514. Thomas leads the league in catches of at least 20 yards with 11, and his 214 yards after the catch are second only to Minnesota's Percy Harvin.

Read more: Broncos' Demaryius Thomas shows brilliance but needs to avoid fumbles - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21736502/broncos-demaryius-thomas-shows-brilliance-but-needs-avoid#ixzz28uTgEfYz
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

chazoe60
10-10-2012, 10:24 AM
If he would hold on to the friggin ball and he'll be an elite player.

Dzone
10-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Glad we picked him before that scumbag Dez Bryant

Joel
10-10-2012, 10:33 AM
If he would hold on to the friggin ball and he'll be an elite player.
Agreed; I just hope he doesn't make the Pro Bowl: We always trade receivers for pogs when they do that. :rolleyes:

TXBRONC
10-10-2012, 10:52 AM
I've always believed that if he can stay healthy he would eventually be a very good receiver maybe even elite. Chazoe is right about the fumbling but thankfully it's correctable.

broncofaninfla
10-10-2012, 11:47 AM
I have high hopes for the kid, feel he has a lot of potential but I'd be lying if I said my butt hole didn't pucker every time he touches the ball in fear that he might fumble yet again.

slim
10-10-2012, 11:50 AM
He needs to learn how to Decker and just fall down as soon as he catches it.

G_Money
10-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Step one: catch the ball.
Step two: hold on to the ball.
Special note: drag your feet when near a boundary so the catch is ruled complete.
Peyton's helpful hint: study the route tree.

As soon as he understands the basic steps of BEING a wide receiver he's gonna be terrific. He's a great blocker, has fabulous physical gifts, isn't a douche...

He just needs to do the little things, like catching the ball, and holding on to the ball, and getting both feet in bounds.

He's gonna figure all that out this year, right?

~G

TXBRONC
10-10-2012, 12:42 PM

You mean to hook slide?

Decker can also be a very solid receiver probably not elite but one that is productive.

Army Bronco
10-10-2012, 01:14 PM
I dont remember where I read this....DT is now walking around holding a football with two green scout beenies on it. Lol The letters M and M are on it for WRs coachs' two daughters. He even goes home with it. Kinda funny but hope it works. Now we need to have Mc Gahee do the same.

BroncoNut
10-10-2012, 01:18 PM

that kid just doesn't seem to get it

Army Bronco
10-10-2012, 01:25 PM

that kid just doesn't seem to get it True, i initially thought we screwed that pick like getting Moreno and Ayers.

BroncoNut
10-10-2012, 01:34 PM
True, i initially thought we screwed that pick like getting Moreno and Ayers.

just stupid from what I've seen. Romo has had the patience of a saint with him imo

MileHighCrew
10-10-2012, 01:38 PM
just stupid from what I've seen. Romo has had the patience of a saint with him imo

Jones is/was so high on Dez I don't think Romo had a choice but to deal with it and try to make it work or he would have been the one out of a job not Dez. But that might be changing now.

slim
10-10-2012, 01:44 PM
You mean to hook slide?

Decker can also be a very solid receiver probably not elite but one that is productive.

Sure, a hook slide would get the job done.

BroncoWave
10-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Step one: catch the ball.
Step two: hold on to the ball.
Special note: drag your feet when near a boundary so the catch is ruled complete.
Peyton's helpful hint: study the route tree.

As soon as he understands the basic steps of BEING a wide receiver he's gonna be terrific. He's a great blocker, has fabulous physical gifts, isn't a douche...

He just needs to do the little things, like catching the ball, and holding on to the ball, and getting both feet in bounds.

He's gonna figure all that out this year, right?

~G

You mean like his TD against Pitt? Oh wait...

Dzone
10-10-2012, 08:15 PM
If he would stay out of the strip joints of Denver, that would be cool, but I guess its a free country. Maybe If I was a 22 year old multimillionaire, I would be in the VIP room at the diamond cabaret too LOL

BroncoWave
10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
If he would stay out of the strip joints of Denver, that would be cool, but I guess its a free country. Maybe If I was a 22 year old multimillionaire, I would be in the VIP room at the diamond cabaret too LOL

When you see the shitshow Dez is in Dallas, it's hard to be to disappointed with anything DT has done so far.

Dzone
10-10-2012, 08:27 PM
When you see the shitshow Dez is in Dallas, it's hard to be to disappointed with anything DT has done so far.
Very true. Good point. Hope DT can avoid all the bad influences out there

Locnar
10-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Hopefully he stays healthy this season. I think he's just so excited a real quarterback is throwing to him he kind of puts the cart before the horse when running with the ball.

Dirk
10-11-2012, 05:28 AM
I still have a love/hate relationship with DT. I love his potential and he has skills, but his boneheaded mistakes on the field kill me.

Hold onto the ball DT!

Chillez
10-12-2012, 01:38 AM

Is that the word around town? Is there a source.

Chef Zambini
10-12-2012, 10:48 AM
well, at least both DT decker are both better than LELIE!
stats/ schmatz, catch the ball when PM throws it to you and hold on to it afterwards

HORSEPOWER 56
10-13-2012, 08:38 AM
If you watch the games, DT always seems to get the pre-game jitters. His fumbles and almost all of his drops come in the first quarter and mostly in the first two drives. Almost like he gets that whole nerves before first contact/catch thing and just needs to get them out of the way. I think he's dropped the first pass thrown to him in every game this season, but typically he's absolute money after that.

Maybe he and Peyton need to just go out on the field and throw, just the two of them like Manning and Harrison used to do, to get that initial drop over with. Then let one of our DBs pop him a couple times after he catches it to get the fumbles out of the way. I can't hate on him for a drop now and then, though, he averages over 100 yards a game. He's just got to tighten up the screws a little bit. Rarely is it a hands thing when you drop passes, it's all mental. You could catch 500 passes a day in practice without a single drop, and still drop balls in games. I'm just glad he's healthy. I always liked the pick and am glad he's becoming what we drafted him for.

Simple Jaded
10-13-2012, 09:56 AM

That was a "Business Decision"-- Deion Sanders.......