PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Jones (@bylindsayhjones) leaving Denver Post for USA Today sports

Tned
10-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Hopefully, they have her focus on the Broncos, as she has been one of our best sources for Broncos news.

RT @PostBroncos Secret’s out: I’m heading to @USATODAYsports to cover the NFL. I will be based in Denver, so Broncos fans, you’re not getting rid of me!

Be sure to follow her new Twitter account, @bylindsayhjones

Sent from my Android Xoom using Forum Runner

Buff
10-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Meh... She was nice enough, but never really added much value beyond straight fact gathering. Not a bad reporter, but easily replaced on the Broncos Beat.

Joel
10-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Meh... She was nice enough, but never really added much value beyond straight fact gathering. Not a bad reporter, but easily replaced on the Broncos Beat.
I wish every journalist concentrated on that instead of gossip-mongering, and provided analysis, as such, instead of speculation masquerading as analysis. Uninformed unverifiable speculation is the internets job. ;)

Anyway, strange as it is to say since I've never lived in CO, much less Denver, sorry for the Post to see her go, but glad for her because going national should help her career, and I LIKE her fact gathering.

Buff
10-10-2012, 10:49 AM
I wish every journalist concentrated on that instead of gossip-mongering, and provided analysis, as such, instead of speculation masquerading as analysis. Uninformed unverifiable speculation is the internets job. ;)

Anyway, strange as it is to say since I've never lived in CO, much less Denver, sorry for the Post to see her go, but glad for her because going national should help her career, and I LIKE her fact gathering.

There is a place for straight news fact gathering... But I typically like more nuance from my sports teams' beat writers. I think Troy Renck (DP's Rockies Beat Writer) is the gold standard in Denver and does a great job walking the fine line between straight news and analysis. I don't feel like Jones' analysis ever provided much value - so I'm confident the DP can find someone else of similar quality to report on injuries and updates from Dove Valley.

Tned
10-10-2012, 12:04 PM

That's what I love about her reporting. She gives us insight into facts, the straight scoop, vs. the ramblings of the typical sports columnist who introduces more opinion than fact.

We have all the opinion we need reading our own musings. I like getting "reports" from Lindsay or Mason, instead of the opinions of the "columnists."

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

underrated29
10-10-2012, 12:20 PM
You all should thank me. She stayed because of me.

Heeeeyyy Sugar Mamma!

Buff
10-10-2012, 12:26 PM
That's what I love about her reporting. She gives us input into facts, the straight scoop, vs. the ramblings of the typical sports columnist who introduces more opinion than fact.

We have all the opinion we need reading our own musings. I like getting "reports" from Lindsay or Mason, instead of the opinions of the "columnists."

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

I don't necessarily need "opinion" - she is a beat writer afterall - but I never felt like she had a great handle on inside information from Dove Valley. Vic Lombardi, Woody Paige, even Mike Klis all do a better job of connecting the dots IMO.

Troy Renck for instance, the Rockies beat guy, can always tell you how/why the organization acted the way they did because he's so plugged into all levels of the organization. I feel like Jones was only as good as the answers she could gather at press conferences.

rationalfan
10-10-2012, 05:10 PM
jones' best contribution was her embrace of online news reporting well before the rest of the post's broncos' writers did it. she was always updating twitter, sharing links, posting photos, etc. i think it helped build a rapport with the fans in way that her articles never did.

Dzone
10-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Anyone who covers the Broncos is alright in my book. Not that I always agree with them, but who cares. I liked reading her reports.
Good to see her hard work payoff with a promotion to USA Today.

Buff
10-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Anyone who covers the Broncos is alright in my book. Not that I always agree with them, but who cares. I liked reading her reports.
Good to see her hard work payoff with a promotion to USA Today.

Even Josina Anderson?

BroncoJoe
10-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Do you like anyone Buff?

Buff
10-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Do you like anyone Buff?

Beef.

BroncoJoe
10-10-2012, 06:30 PM
I thought you were a vegetarian?

Buff
10-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I thought you were a vegetarian?

No you didn't.

Dzone
10-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Even Josina Anderson?
hell yes. JOSINA IS hot

underrated29
10-10-2012, 10:37 PM
hell yes. JOSINA IS hot

I think you should make a thread. :heh: :heh:

Dzone
10-10-2012, 11:00 PM
I think you should make a thread. :heh: :heh:
I dont wantto digress from the OP about LIndsay, so heres both
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/malibubluff/jones.jpg
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/malibubluff/JOS.jpg

Hawgdriver
10-11-2012, 12:44 AM
I like getting "reports" from Lindsay or Mason, instead of the opinions of the "columnists."

I get the impression Jones was a real worker and the others like to, well, pontificate like all of us. Good for her.

Tned
10-11-2012, 07:54 AM
I get the impression Jones was a real worker and the others like to, well, pontificate like all of us. Good for her.

Ditto.

Chef Zambini
10-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Do you like anyone Buff?
i LIKE SEVERAL WOMEN BUFF, just not brawney

tubby
10-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Zam is stoned.

SR
10-11-2012, 05:09 PM
i LIKE SEVERAL WOMEN BUFF, just not brawney

I doubt you could handle one buff woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

slim
10-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Wait, you think Josina is attractive?

Rex
10-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Wait, you think Josina is attractive?

I think she is, but I also think she knows less about football than anyone on Twitter

slim
10-11-2012, 05:19 PM
I think she is, but I also think she knows less about football than anyone on Twitter

Isn't she the one that used to bang the Denver Broncos?

Or is that someone else?

Rex
10-11-2012, 05:23 PM

Or is that someone else?

I dont know about those kind of things Slim.

underrated29
10-11-2012, 05:23 PM

Or is that someone else?

Used to?

Rex
10-11-2012, 05:24 PM
She has a beautiful mouth.

I dont really care if this Lindsey chick leaves or not. She isnt that good. I wish she would take Andrew Mason with her. He is douch troll

slim
10-11-2012, 05:26 PM
She seems like a nice person, but I don't think the DP is going to lose any subscribers over it.

tubby
10-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Josina's got waaaay more back than Lindsey. Advantage Josina.

Rex
10-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Josina's got waaaay more back than Lindsey. Advantage Josina.

With her back and lips.....she buries that mutt Lindsey.

Tned
10-11-2012, 06:20 PM
She seems like a nice person, but I don't think the DP is going to lose any subscribers over it.

No, but that's only because all of the people, like myself, that rely on her to give us the scoop at Dove Valley, are already getting the info via Twitter and other places other than DP.com

Chef Zambini
10-12-2012, 11:07 AM
dave krieger is the best sportwriter in the denver market,butt...
I would still rather have dinner with josina.
she is not only "hot', she is sharp of mind.