PDA

View Full Version : everybody loses !!!!!

kcvet
11-04-2007, 05:57 PM
KC goes down 33-22 to the Green Bay favres. broncs lose to lions and the the Vikes electrocute the bolts?????
im starting to think this game is rigged.
you guys are here next week. but LJ may not be in the lineup. he sprained an ankle. Bowe with slight hammie pull.

I heard Cutler was injured. where?????

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2007, 06:08 PM
KC goes down 33-22 to the Green Bay favres. broncs lose to lions and the the Vikes electrocute the bolts?????
you guys are here next week. but LJ may not be in the lineup. he sprained an ankle. Bowe with slight hammie pull.

Geez - I was going to ask you if you had any players we could borrow for the game next week :laugh: We had players dropping like flies today.

Nomad
11-04-2007, 06:13 PM
AFC West looks like it may be swept this weekend! So Denver won't be in last place afterall! Raiders will still be looking up at the BRONCOS:elefant:

Escobar
11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
afc west after looking like a strong division at the start of season is starting to become a rebuilding year for all except the bolts.....they just have extremely bad coaching...

KCL
11-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Chiefs played a pretty decent game today.

I absoutely hate most of the playcalling.

Tony G was having a good game with over 100 yds receiving.

The Packers D was having a hard time covering him...so instead of sticking

to what was working...they go to the running game...which never got

going...:tsk:

LJ had one good run on the screen pass and scored a TD...But other

than that...he couldnt do nothing...our line stinks...but hey its working

when Huard passes to Tony...Gee lets stop doing that and run the ball:rolleyes:

But the Packers are a good team and did a good job today!

Lorcust
11-04-2007, 08:23 PM

He's getting an MRI on his knee soon. He was walking on the sidelines, but early indications point to a possible hairline fracture.

If he plays next week, it won't be 100%, and I shudder to think of him trying to stay strong in KC with Hali and Allen coming off the edges.

topscribe
11-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Being a Packer fan (after the Broncos, of course), I experienced one victory today, anyway.

-----

omac
11-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Chiefs played a pretty decent game today.

I absoutely hate most of the playcalling.

Tony G was having a good game with over 100 yds receiving.

The Packers D was having a hard time covering him...so instead of sticking

to what was working...they go to the running game...which never got

going...:tsk:

LJ had one good run on the screen pass and scored a TD...But other

than that...he couldnt do nothing...our line stinks...but hey its working

when Huard passes to Tony...Gee lets stop doing that and run the ball:rolleyes:

But the Packers are a good team and did a good job today!

I thought you had them pretty well contained in the 1st half. It was a pretty good defensive struggle. Things must've changed in the 2nd half. I wouldn't know, as I switched over to the Vikings game.

KCL
11-05-2007, 12:12 AM
I thought you had them pretty well contained in the 1st half. It was a pretty good defensive struggle. Things must've changed in the 2nd half. I wouldn't know, as I switched over to the Vikings game.

It was a pretty good game...then Favre went downfield like he did
against the Broncos.

I had stated in Medfords thread when he predicted a KC win that I didnt
think our secondary would be able to handle it...somewhere along those
words.

All in all...we didnt play horribly...IMO

broncosfanscott
11-05-2007, 02:15 AM
This is a sad day for the AFC West, then again it has been that way all year. We'll have to wait and see how Cutler's test result turn out, yet next week's game should be interesting. Right now, I don't us to expect a win in Arrowhead.

Looks like the AFC West has been victimized by that darn Favre to Jennings passing. :rolleyes:

omac
11-05-2007, 03:30 AM
It was a pretty good game...then Favre went downfield like he did
against the Broncos.

I had stated in Medfords thread when he predicted a KC win that I didnt
think our secondary would be able to handle it...somewhere along those
words.

All in all...we didnt play horribly...IMO

Gotta give Favre props; he believed in himself when everyone else, including his own team's management, wanted him to retire from football. That's actually why I was hoping Favre would have a great year, to rub it in all their faces. Guess I got my wish, hehehe. :D

omac
11-05-2007, 03:45 AM
This is a sad day for the AFC West, then again it has been that way all year. We'll have to wait and see how Cutler's test result turn out, yet next week's game should be interesting. Right now, I don't us to expect a win in Arrowhead.

Looks like the AFC West has been victimized by that darn Favre to Jennings passing. :rolleyes:

The silver lining, if you can call it that, is that the way the Pats and Colts are playing, the NFL is looking like a 2 horse race. Even winning strong teams like Dallas, NYG, GB, and Pittsburgh are looking like heavy underdogs against them. So if there's a season to be bad and still have as much chance as the rest of the league to win the Superbowl, it's now. Almost eveyone else is projected to lose against those 2 teams. :D

The only thing ticking me off is all these injuries. Is that usual? Seems like all teams are taking in lots of injuries.

SR
11-05-2007, 03:54 AM
He's getting an MRI on his knee soon. He was walking on the sidelines, but early indications point to a possible hairline fracture.

Hairline fracture? Everything I've read either says deep tissue bruise or a bone bruise (contusion).

KCL
11-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Gotta give Favre props; he believed in himself when everyone else, including his own team's management, wanted him to retire from football. That's actually why I was hoping Favre would have a great year, to rub it in all their faces. Guess I got my wish, hehehe. :D

Yes I agree...Best of Luck to Favre and the Packers...

After all the hype this season so far about the Pats and the Colts

wouldn't it be great to see GB win it all?;)

omac
11-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Yes I agree...Best of Luck to Favre and the Packers...

After all the hype this season so far about the Pats and the Colts

wouldn't it be great to see GB win it all?;)

Yep, specially when it's been so popular these recent years to berate Favre. A lot of people, even tv analysts, like to bring up how he's the all-time interception leader, but if you check his TD to INT ratio, or even his INT to attempt, or INT to completion ratio, it's either on par or better than Elway's.

In the NFC, though, I'm rooting for the Eli and the Giants, since Delhomme's out. If any quarterback's been getting negative press for the majority of his career, it's been Eli.

SR
11-05-2007, 10:56 AM
If any quarterback's been getting negative press for the majority of his career, it's been Eli.

That's because of two things; first, he was WAY overhyped coming out of college because of who his big brother is and b) he's not very good.

If I had to root for one team in the NFC it would be the Saints.

omac
11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
That's because of two things; first, he was WAY overhyped coming out of college because of who his big brother is and b) he's not very good.

If I had to root for one team in the NFC it would be the Saints.

On the hype ... nothing he could do about that. Must be tough having to live up to his older brother. But moving forward ...

Have you seen his games this year? He's actually been playing pretty good.

Last season, everyone was saying how much better Rivers turned out to be, but this season, Eli's been doing pretty good, and Rivers has been struggling.

The Saints are cool, though. Can't keep a good team like that down for long.

broncosfanscott
11-06-2007, 02:56 AM
The silver lining, if you can call it that, is that the way the Pats and Colts are playing, the NFL is looking like a 2 horse race. Even winning strong teams like Dallas, NYG, GB, and Pittsburgh are looking like heavy underdogs against them. So if there's a season to be bad and still have as much chance as the rest of the league to win the Superbowl, it's now. Almost eveyone else is projected to lose against those 2 teams. :D

The only thing ticking me off is all these injuries. Is that usual? Seems like all teams are taking in lots of injuries.

Totally agree with you. It is definatly a two team race in the AFC, yet I would like to see how the Steelers do against the Pats. Everybody is talking about the Colts and the Pats, so I wouldn't be surprised if sombody comes out of nowhere.

All the injuries are ticking me off as well and for the Broncos I hope is stops soon. We have never really got into rhythm and it is even harder when guys are dropping like flies. I am just glad we are blessed that Cutler's injury is only a "bruise".

omac
11-06-2007, 04:18 AM
Totally agree with you. It is definatly a two team race in the AFC, yet I would like to see how the Steelers do against the Pats. Everybody is talking about the Colts and the Pats, so I wouldn't be surprised if sombody comes out of nowhere.

All the injuries are ticking me off as well and for the Broncos I hope is stops soon. We have never really got into rhythm and it is even harder when guys are dropping like flies. I am just glad we are blessed that Cutler's injury is only a "bruise".

Yeah, I'm glad Cutler's injury isn't serious. After all the injuries, Moss gets injured ... then DJ, though he played through it ... then I read Marshall got an injury too, I thought to myself ... Come On!!!!! Just how many key players can we have injured and still expect to win?

Could it have something to do with the strength and conditioning coaching, or maybe the intensity of the practices?

Some injuries are tough to recover from; Houston looked very solid in their first 2 games, then they had a whole bunch of injuries to key players. Carolina was looking like a solid playoff contender, with Delhomme having a great year, then he gets a freak injury. Jacksonville's been beating almost everyone, then their QB goes down, and so does their game. This is a strange season of injuries.

broncosfanscott
11-07-2007, 03:58 AM
Yeah, I'm glad Cutler's injury isn't serious. After all the injuries, Moss gets injured ... then DJ, though he played through it ... then I read Marshall got an injury too, I thought to myself ... Come On!!!!! Just how many key players can we have injured and still expect to win?

Could it have something to do with the strength and conditioning coaching, or maybe the intensity of the practices?

Some injuries are tough to recover from; Houston looked very solid in their first 2 games, then they had a whole bunch of injuries to key players. Carolina was looking like a solid playoff contender, with Delhomme having a great year, then he gets a freak injury. Jacksonville's been beating almost everyone, then their QB goes down, and so does their game. This is a strange season of injuries.

I guess this is the season for injuries, I just wish I could push some reset button and start this season over. ;)

I hope it hasn't anything to do with the strength and conditioning coaches because then they would have to rethink everything they have been doing so far. Nobody can really do anything to avoid freak accidents, so I hope they are just that (bad luck) and not something deeper.