PDA

View Full Version : We're only one game back!

UnderArmour
11-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Unfortunately for some people on these boards, the season is not over. We're not that far behind San Diego and Kansas City. If we can bring ourselves back together and beat Kansas City next week, suddenly we're right back in the thick of things. The Broncos have yet to play a complete game this season so we're long overdue.

If this team can come back together, however bleak it looks at the moment, we can take this division. In recent years, Denver starts great and goes something like 5-1 then proceeds on to become 10-6. We've already started off 3-5, why can't we finish 10-6 or 9-7? Assuming that record includes key divisional wins, we're suddenly in the playoffs. It's too early to give up. We've been given too many chances and there is still hope. Talk about the draft can wait.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Let's hope we have ENOUGH healthy players to play the remainder of the games. Right now, that is my major concern.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Can Ron Paul save this team, like he's trying to save America? :beer:

Yeah, it's really odd to see that we're only one game out of the lead when we're playing this pathetic. Whatever happens will happen. . .

Krugan
11-04-2007, 06:54 PM
If we play this way, might as well be 16 games...

BaiLeY324
11-04-2007, 06:59 PM
If we play like this there's no way we win more than 5 games this year.

Day1BroncoFan
11-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Miracles do happen. I won't be holding my breath.

I will hope the Broncos win the remaining games this season. I won't be expecting that to happen.

Please let me be pleasantly surprised.

The Broncos could turn it around yet. I hope they do! I wnat them to!

I'm not holding my breath.

DenBronx
11-04-2007, 08:25 PM
cutlers probably done....that means the seasons over. sorry

BroncoWave
11-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately for some people on these boards, the season is not over. We're not that far behind San Diego and Kansas City. If we can bring ourselves back together and beat Kansas City next week, suddenly we're right back in the thick of things. The Broncos have yet to play a complete game this season so we're long overdue.

If this team can come back together, however bleak it looks at the moment, we can take this division. In recent years, Denver starts great and goes something like 5-1 then proceeds on to become 10-6. We've already started off 3-5, why can't we finish 10-6 or 9-7? Assuming that record includes key divisional wins, we're suddenly in the playoffs. It's too early to give up. We've been given too many chances and there is still hope. Talk about the draft can wait.

When's the last time we won in Arrowhead again?

broncosfanscott
11-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Let's hope we have ENOUGH healthy players to play the remainder of the games. Right now, that is my major concern.

Right now that is all I want. I just hope Cutler's injury is a minor one.

Tned
11-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Can Ron Paul save this team, like he's trying to save America? :beer:

Yeah, it's really odd to see that we're only one game out of the lead when we're playing this pathetic. Whatever happens will happen. . .

I know it's a joke, but lets keep the talk about political quacks in the P&R forums. :D

On topic, it really does tell you how sad the AFC west is this year, since we are still in the running for winning the west, being only one game out with two against KC and one left against SD.

BroncoBJ
11-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Yea its a joke how we are still in it but I'll take it.
The wildcard wont come from the AFC West.

So we need to take care of business. We never win at Arrowhead so we are due. We could be in for a long second half of the season. :(

Lonestar
11-04-2007, 11:32 PM
We have two games against KC one @ OAK and SAN. Does anyone really think we can win any of those games the way our defense is playing. not to mention a lame QB for the next couple of weeks IF he plays at all.

And wait till we play MIN, Christ Peterson will get 400 yards on us. CHI and maybe TEN unless Young goes wild could be wins.. that makes us 5-11 IF we get lucky.

I did not get to see all of the game cause CBS pulled the plug so I could watch Peterson run the ball, are we gonna be in trouble and when he is not in they got another one behind him.

BroncoBJ
11-04-2007, 11:45 PM
:lol @ Peterson getting 400 on us.
I agree.
I'm scared for that game.

broncosfanscott
11-05-2007, 01:56 AM
:lol @ Peterson getting 400 on us.
I agree.
I'm scared for that game.

Yeah and to think he only had about 40 yards at halftime against SD. :eek:

Medford Bronco
11-05-2007, 09:30 AM
If we play this way, might as well be 16 games...

could not agree more..

sorry but this team is bad.

to have losses of 41-3 and 44-7 in the same season is unacceptbable

and if Denver does fluke out and go 8-8 (and SD and KC both do equally as bad, which is not likely) and play a playoff game, they will get beaten but an either Tennessee or whomever the other Wild Card team is (a healthy Jax, heck the Browns would smoke this team quite easily with their explosive offense)

now if you want to focus, focus on at KC where Denver is 2-11 since Shanny is coach, and I would be utterly shocked to see a win there, against a team
that actually plays Defense

and please do not call me not a true fan. I have read enough of that crap everywhere.

real fans get upset when their team sucks and our is an embarassment to the NFL right now.

SR
11-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Kevin Jones didn't have a very good game against us, statistically, so there's some room for hope there. Our defense wasn't the problem yesterday. Our offense and, in particular, Brandon Marshall and Daniel Graham dropping passes, were even bigger catalysts to us losing.

omac
11-05-2007, 09:37 AM
LOL, I was hoping KC and San Diego would lose their games. Yes, still in it. :D

Go Ramsey and Young! And if Marshall's out too, then go Stokley! :rockon:

jhns
11-05-2007, 01:48 PM
I said it to a friend yesterday, I don't care if we lose the rest of the season if the entire AFC West ends with less than 15 wins. It would be well worth it at that point! Plus that would be a great pick in the next draft.

Buff
11-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I said it to a friend yesterday, I don't care if we lose the rest of the season if the entire AFC West ends with less than 15 wins. It would be well worth it at that point! Plus that would be a great pick in the next draft.

This doesn't make sense on any level...

First of all, I can't get behind losing the rest of the season and feeling ok about that...That's too many miserable Sundays, and not enough reward on the flipside considering St. Louis and Atlanta pretty much have a stranglehold on the #1 pick next year-- McFadden is the only sure fire player that could come in here and turn things around in a hurry next year, so if we can't get him, why get excited about losing out for a pick that may or may not help us immediately??

Furthermore, what are you talking about the AFC West ending up with less than 15 wins? I don't think I see what you mean, considering there are going to be 24 AFC West matchups this year, it's impossible for them to finish with 15 wins... So maybe I'm not reading that correctly...

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 03:20 PM
While I do not like losing and all that entails the end result could be very positive for DEN.. They could get as many as 2 players in the top 40 kids out there and 3 in the top 70. God only knows they really need them on DEFENSE

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 03:48 PM
While I do not like losing and all that entails the end result could be very positive for DEN.. They could get as many as 2 players in the top 40 kids out there and 3 in the top 70. God only knows they really need them on DEFENSE

I don't think they would spend all three first day picks on defense.

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 04:32 PM
I don't think they would spend all three first day picks on defense.

I know last year was an anomaly but God knows they need them all on D..

I think were were beyond lucky to get 3 in last years draft.. I'm not holding my breath. But th meltdown this year is defense.. cutting Kennedy and warren without replacing them was catastrophic IMO.

UnderArmour
11-05-2007, 07:25 PM
When's the last time we won in Arrowhead again?

When we didn't play the game late November/Early December.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 07:42 PM
I know last year was an anomaly but God knows they need them all on D..

I think were were beyond lucky to get 3 in last years draft.. I'm not holding my breath. But th meltdown this year is defense.. cutting Kennedy and warren without replacing them was catastrophic IMO.

Jr we had something eight or nine defensive tackles in camp, I would guess Bates thought he kept the best of the bunch.

You have been calling our offensive line NOLINE so why wouldn't we need help there as well? Nalen and Hamilton's careers could be over and I not overly impressed with Holland. Pears I think just need a more time to develop and Harris hard to say what we have in him.

Reidman
11-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I wonder what good being in first place will be when we can't beat the Lions..?? Not saying I'm down on the team, I know there are certain circumstances beyond their control and I applaud for some spectacular wins and beating Pit on Sunday night, that was awesome! I will just root for good games and anything more than that should be considered bonus time.

UnderArmour
11-05-2007, 08:03 PM
I wonder what good being in first place will be when we can't beat the Lions..?? Not saying I'm down on the team, I know there are certain circumstances beyond their control and I applaud for some spectacular wins and beating Pit on Sunday night, that was awesome! I will just root for good games and anything more than that should be considered bonus time.

This season would be a success if we could make it into the playoffs and get at least a shot at New England. We've started strong previous years then melted down, so it's time we melt down and then finish strong. We're very fortunate to be where we are at right now considering how terrible we've played. If we can come together in a division game on the road, we can easily save our season.

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Jr we had something eight or nine defensive tackles in camp, I would guess Bates thought he kept the best of the bunch.

You have been calling our offensive line NOLINE so why wouldn't we need help there as well? Nalen and Hamilton's careers could be over and I not overly impressed with Holland. Pears I think just need a more time to develop and Harris hard to say what we have in him.

Briefly this is a pretty good bunch of athletes they just need time to play next to each other. Our offense is a precision finesse one that needs skill and everyone to be on the same page.. Given more playing tiem together they should be OK they will never be monsters in the RED zone till they get some bulk..

omac
11-05-2007, 10:02 PM

The Lions are 9th in the league in passing, and 21st in rushing. Their pass defense is ranked 30th in the league, but ....

... their rush defense is ranked 12th in the league. They are have the 3rd highest number of sacks in the league with 24. They're also 3rd in the NFC in give-aways/take-aways at +5. In 8 games, they've gotten 13 INTs (NFL.com has them with 14), which lead the league, and 7 fumbles and recoveries. They're 3rd in the league in tackles, and lead the league with forced fumbles at 16.

That's a defense that makes plays and puts pressure on a team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=givetake&league=nfc&year=2007

Guess what? This isn't the same Lions team that went 3-13 last season.

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 10:04 PM
The Lions are 9th in the league in passing, and 21st in rushing. Their pass defense is ranked 30th in the league, but ....

... their rush defense is ranked 12th in the league. They are have the 3rd highest number of sacks in the league with 24. They're also 3rd in the NFC in give-aways/take-aways at +5. In 8 games, they've gotten 13 INTs (NFL.com has them with 14), which lead the league, and 7 fumbles and recoveries. They're 3rd in the league in tackles, and lead the league with forced fumbles at 16.

That's a defense that makes plays and puts pressure on a team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=givetake&league=nfc&year=2007

Guess what? This isn't the same Lions team that went 3-13 last season.

Same goes for DEN who on paper were a great team coming into the season..

omac
11-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Same goes for DEN who on paper were a great team coming into the season..

and who were also plagued with injuries even as early as preseason. No matter, that's not the point.

Reidman's post underestimates how good the Lions are, and my post just proves that they are for real this season. Ofcourse it will be difficult to change people's perceptions, because they've been pretty bad for a long time. It would be embarassing to lose to last season's Lions, but this season, you have to give that team credit. So far, they've been a much better team than last season. The stats support their efforts.

Lonestar
11-06-2007, 01:57 AM
and who were also plagued with injuries even as early as preseason. No matter, that's not the point.

Reidman's post underestimates how good the Lions are, and my post just proves that they are for real this season. Ofcourse it will be difficult to change people's perceptions, because they've been pretty bad for a long time. It would be embarassing to lose to last season's Lions, but this season, you have to give that team credit. So far, they've been a much better team than last season. The stats support their efforts.

Just how many picked the lions over DEN this week

7 none with that many points out of 22 about 32%

Lions by 1-4
BaileyTheBest 1 4.55%
Lions by 5-9
broncofanatic1987, eessydo, Jrwiz, Medford Bronco, SBboundBRONCOS 5 22.73%
Lions by 10-13
Cleveland Rocks 1 4.55%
Lions by 14+

omac
11-06-2007, 04:04 AM

Lions by 1-4
BaileyTheBest 1 4.55%
Lions by 5-9
broncofanatic1987, eessydo, Jrwiz, Medford Bronco, SBboundBRONCOS 5 22.73%
Lions by 10-13
Cleveland Rocks 1 4.55%
Lions by 14+

So you're saying that the Lions aren't that good, based on the the perceptions of Bronco fans on a Bronco board? :D

If you don't think the Lions are a better team this season, with a much improved defense, and have a greater willingness to run the ball more than they used to, despite the facts ... well, that's your opinion. :elefant:

Lonestar
11-06-2007, 10:53 AM
So you're saying that the Lions aren't that good, based on the the perceptions of Bronco fans on a Bronco board? :D

If you don't think the Lions are a better team this season, with a much improved defense, and have a greater willingness to run the ball more than they used to, despite the facts ... well, that's your opinion. :elefant:

Hey I choose the lions to win this one because they are a better team than before..

Please do not lump me in with the do gooders that blindly follow mikey and his drivel. This team had a lot of talent on it besides the injuries there seems to be more going on than the blind eyes can see. Not sure what it is, but it is not working..

Perhaps it is time for him to move on.. the peter principle might be the key term here..

Medford Bronco
11-06-2007, 11:18 AM
When we didn't play the game late November/Early December.

2002 it was a long long time ago

Medford Bronco
11-06-2007, 11:19 AM
This season would be a success if we could make it into the playoffs and get at least a shot at New England. We've started strong previous years then melted down, so it's time we melt down and then finish strong. We're very fortunate to be where we are at right now considering how terrible we've played. If we can come together in a division game on the road, we can easily save our season.

NE would beat us 55-10 if all stayed true.

it would be ugly. I would rather the better draft pick for the long run.

omac
11-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey I choose the lions to win this one because they are a better team than before..

Please do not lump me in with the do gooders that blindly follow mikey and his drivel. This team had a lot of talent on it besides the injuries there seems to be more going on than the blind eyes can see. Not sure what it is, but it is not working..

Perhaps it is time for him to move on.. the peter principle might be the key term here..

Well, you said ....

so it sounds to me that you were saying the Lions weren't that good. But by your last post, you're saying this is a better Lions team, so maybe I misunderstood the purpose of the post.

My post was to Reidman to show that we lost to a good Lions team. By the start of your post, it sounded like a refutal, but that doesn't matter. I guess were both in agreement that this is a better Lions team than last season.

And don't worry, no one will ever think you follow Mikey at all. :D

I disagree with getting rid of Mikey. He took a gamble on getting rid of Coyer and bringing in Bates, because Coyer couldn't get it done. Because of that move and everything else it entailed, the run defense has suffered tremendously. We'll have yet to see whether Bates' defense pans out later in this season, as well as the coming seasons.

The offense has looked much better than before; Jay is able to spread the ball out to 6 different targets. Try watching Carolina, even with Jake Delhomme; no way is the offense as evenly distributed. With a healthy Javon, the timing on the routes were excellent. With a healthy Travis Henry, the running was stout. The line hasn't been healthy since preseason, and there have been a lot of replacements on the skill players because of injuries. Nothing Shanny can do about that. But even guys we plug in who haven't been on the 1st team, like Martinez, are immediately contributing.

Shanny's a darn good coach; this is just a pretty difficult situation with the mounting injuries to 1st teamers.

Lonestar
11-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Well, you said ....

so it sounds to me that you were saying the Lions weren't that good. But by your last post, you're saying this is a better Lions team, so maybe I misunderstood the purpose of the post.

My post was to Reidman to show that we lost to a good Lions team. By the start of your post, it sounded like a refutal, but that doesn't matter. I guess were both in agreement that this is a better Lions team than last season.

And don't worry, no one will ever think you follow Mikey at all. :D

I disagree with getting rid of Mikey. He took a gamble on getting rid of Coyer and bringing in Bates, because Coyer couldn't get it done. Because of that move and everything else it entailed, the run defense has suffered tremendously. We'll have yet to see whether Bates' defense pans out later in this season, as well as the coming seasons.

The offense has looked much better than before; Jay is able to spread the ball out to 6 different targets. Try watching Carolina, even with Jake Delhomme; no way is the offense as evenly distributed. With a healthy Javon, the timing on the routes were excellent. With a healthy Travis Henry, the running was stout. The line hasn't been healthy since preseason, and there have been a lot of replacements on the skill players because of injuries. Nothing Shanny can do about that. But even guys we plug in who haven't been on the 1st team, like Martinez, are immediately contributing.

Shanny's a darn good coach; this is just a pretty difficult situation with the mounting injuries to 1st teamers.

I tired and cranky working aon a laptop and hate these keyboards..

That said I'l try this again.. I was one of seven that though DEN wouldllose to this lion team. Partly because they had agood defense and two becuase they have outsanding Wr's.. I alos thought that tater would run wild given the chance since we have made al pro RB out of everyone that has played against us.. I thought it only fitting that he get the chance to finnaly shine..

I'm not sure about mikey being that good a coach any more. It may be time to kick him upstairs and let new blood take teh reigns. But for Gods sake do not let him in teh war room on draft day..

omac
11-07-2007, 03:16 AM
I tired and cranky working aon a laptop and hate these keyboards..

That said I'l try this again.. I was one of seven that though DEN wouldllose to this lion team. Partly because they had agood defense and two becuase they have outsanding Wr's.. I alos thought that tater would run wild given the chance since we have made al pro RB out of everyone that has played against us.. I thought it only fitting that he get the chance to finnaly shine..

I'm not sure about mikey being that good a coach any more. It may be time to kick him upstairs and let new blood take teh reigns. But for Gods sake do not let him in teh war room on draft day..

Point taken. :salute:

On Tatum, he hasn't really ever looked great in Detriot. He had a few good, productive games, but when Kevin Jones was finally healthy, the difference was obvious. Tatum needs to desperately learn how to bust through tacklers.

Lonestar
11-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Point taken. :salute:

On Tatum, he hasn't really ever looked great in Detriot. He had a few good, productive games, but when Kevin Jones was finally healthy, the difference was obvious. Tatum needs to desperately learn how to bust through tacklers.

tater wiould be a game beaker with his speed he just can't get into the open.. Been saying this for years another wasted DAFT choice by mikey.

Medford Bronco
11-07-2007, 09:16 AM
tater wiould be a game beaker with his speed he just can't get into the open.. Been saying this for years another wasted DAFT choice by mikey.

and that was the year we passed on Steven Jackson
to get DJ and Tatum.....

wish we could get a do over :mad:

Lonestar
11-07-2007, 09:19 AM
and that was the year we passed on Steven Jackson
to get DJ and Tatum.....

wish we could get a do over :mad:

I THINK MIKEY WOULD LIKE ALOT OF MULLIGANS..