PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller vs. Marcell Dareus

MHCBill
10-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Zam? Have you ever admitted you were wrong?

shank
10-09-2012, 07:35 AM
if he admits he was wrong, i would have a personal dilemma, because i would have to agree with him.

chazoe60
10-09-2012, 07:38 AM
I was wrong once. I thought I was wrong about something but it turns out I was right, so trchnically I was wrong about being wrong.

UnderArmour
10-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Please wait 3 full seasons before rating/substantially evaluating/grading draft picks except in the case of obvious busts(**** you McDaniels). Thanks!

BigDaddyBronco
10-09-2012, 09:04 AM
I was wrong about Dareus vs. Miller, but J.J. Watt might be better than both of them.

Chef Zambini
10-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Zam? Have you ever admitted you were wrong?yes, von was the much better pick .

I was wrong.

I cut off one of my toes and mailed it to MO !

Chef Zambini
10-09-2012, 09:18 AM
maybe darius just needs time to develop.... like moreno.

Chef Zambini
10-09-2012, 09:21 AM
if he admits he was wrong, i would have a personal dilemma, because i would have to agree with him.

i was wrong
i was wrong
kick me in the dong.
I was so gosh darned wrong

CoachChaz
10-09-2012, 09:32 AM
I was wrong about Dareus vs. Miller, but J.J. Watt might be better than both of them.

I get to see a lot of Texans games. I like Watt's motor, but I'll be honest...he gets a lot of lucky stats. 5 of his sacks have come against Jacksonville, Miami and Tennessee. (Gabbert, Tannehill, Locker). He got 2.5 against us, but 2 of them were when Manning basically walked right into him.

Not taking too much away from him, but Houston might have the easiest first place schedule EVER. Green Bay, Baltimore and NE are their toughest remaining games and even those teams are a combined 9-6 right now. They play GB this week, who I believe leads the league in sacks allowed this year.

Chef Zambini
10-09-2012, 09:40 AM
I get to see a lot of Texans games. I like Watt's motor, but I'll be honest...he gets a lot of lucky stats. 5 of his sacks have come against Jacksonville, Miami and Tennessee. (Gabbert, Tannehill, Locker). He got 2.5 against us, but 2 of them were when Manning basically walked right into him.

Not taking too much away from him, but Houston might have the easiest first place schedule EVER. Green Bay, Baltimore and NE are their toughest remaining games and even those teams are a combined 9-6 right now. They play GB this week, who I believe leads the league in sacks allowed this year.excellent observations! whudda thunk that GB would be a cupcake on the schedule this year?
see what happens when you dont value the run game people/ !

Chef Zambini
10-09-2012, 09:41 AM
BTW, I think buc shoewalter is one of the sharpest guys in baseball and I am rooting for your orioles ! the FIRST team to play spring ball in SCOTTSDLAE aZ, 1956 !

CoachChaz
10-09-2012, 09:52 AM
BTW, I think buc shoewalter is one of the sharpest guys in baseball and I am rooting for your orioles ! the FIRST team to play spring ball in SCOTTSDLAE aZ, 1956 !

Buck is the best manager in the game and has been for 20 years. He has now brought 4 different teams out of a losing culture and made them winners. Who else can say that?

Chef Zambini
10-09-2012, 10:11 AM
larry brown.
and perhaps billy martin with an asterisk for 4 different yankee teams.
but yes, you are 100% right about bucky !
my diamondbacks have a very nice trophy, thanks to shoewalter who built that team from the ground up ! and just like the yankees, the year after they let him go they won it all.
bucky is like MOSES, he leads his people to the promised land, but he doesnt get to join them in the celebration !

Dzone
10-09-2012, 11:29 AM
It would have sucked if we picked Darius over Miller. We would hang the responsible parties

jhildebrand
10-09-2012, 11:55 AM
JJ Watt is a man beast but he also benefits greatly from being in a Wade Phillips D. Just like the graphic showed last night with all the different season sack leaders under Phillips. He finds ways to focus on guys and get the most out of them. Once he is gone, their production seems to drop off or disappear see Bryce Paup, Shawne Merriman, Demarcus Ware, et al.

Army Bronco
10-09-2012, 01:52 PM

Not taking too much away from him, but Houston might have the easiest first place schedule EVER. Green Bay, Baltimore and NE are their toughest remaining games and even those teams are a combined 9-6 right now. They play GB this week, who I believe leads the league in sacks allowed this year. You forgot a rebuilding Broncos team. Another year or two with Manning and hopefully the same DCoord, we will be very hard to stop. Just add crazy glue to DT and McGahees hands and were good.

NightTerror218
10-09-2012, 02:07 PM
I wonder if Del Rio was here would he have pushed for Dareus? His kind of player.

Chillez
10-09-2012, 03:28 PM

It's super close but I feel Miller better than both....

EMB6903
10-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Von leads the league in tackles for loss along with averaging a sack a game as a 4-3 outside linebacker.

The "have to wait 3 seasons" is for the suckers who only have hope.. Trust me I was arguing the same with Jarvis moss and Robert ayers.

Von has shown not only is he better than marcel darius but is an elite defensive player in the league.

Nomad
10-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Von leads the league in tackles for loss along with averaging a sack a game as a 4-3 outside linebacker.

The "have to wait 3 seasons" is for the suckers who only have hope.. Trust me I was arguing the same with Jarvis moss and Robert ayers.

Von has shown not only is he better than marcel darius but is an elite defensive player in the league.

Does that only go for dlineman or other positions:confused: People seem to flip flop on the developmental stage of players or how easy their schedule is as long as it helps their argument or they like/dislike the player in question.

Miller has done a great job and I am glad he is a BRONCO. Eventually, the BRONCOS has to get an elite big man in the middle of that dline. So far, the bandaids never work.

NightTerror218
10-09-2012, 07:03 PM

speaking of Ayers, what happened to that Fo? Wolfe blow him out of the water that much he is not really in rotation anymore?

NightTerror218
10-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Does that only go for dlineman or other positions:confusing: People seem to flip flop on the developmental stage of players or how easy their schedule is as long as it helps their argument or they like/dislike the player in question.

Miller has done a great job and I am glad he is a BRONCO. Eventually, the BRONCOS has to get an elite big man in the middle of that dline. So far, the bandaids never work.

I have heard by the 3rd year players tend to hit their stride in the NFL and potential peaks. But of course that is only hear-say.

EMB6903
10-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Does that only go for dlineman or other positions:confused: People seem to flip flop on the developmental stage of players or how easy their schedule is as long as it helps their argument or they like/dislike the player in question.

I think aside from qb's who see the Bench because a great veteran qb is playing ahead of them it should only take 10 or so games to show what you can do.

I'm not saying dareus isn't a good player nor will he get better. Just think it should only take half a year or so to show what you can do in this league.

That being said I'm not too upset with the dline play in Denver. I'm more concerned with the back 7 personally.

EMB6903
10-09-2012, 07:13 PM
speaking of Ayers, what happened to that Fo? Wolfe blow him out of the water that much he is not really in rotation anymore?

Ayers is an average back up. Wolfe has completely exceeded my expectations.
That man is a beast and a great pick.

To think how sad I was we didn't draft a 1st rounder.

In Elway I trust.

Jsteve01
10-09-2012, 07:19 PM
lol I called this a looooong time ago. Dareus has come back down to earth. His a good DT. Miller is hands down the best 4-3 SAM in the game. big difference. The Watt assessment is interesting. He's an athletic freak, but I agree he benefits immensely from a Wade Phillips scheme that emphasizes penetration. I think you'd be good with either of them. I'll say this about both of them. They are producing sacks and TFL for loss from positions that aren't traditional league leading sack contributors 3-4 5 tech and SAM aren't the guys you expect to generate these kinds of numbers.

EMB6903
10-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Wish Denver switched to a 3-4 scheme..

Could you imagine Von and Elvis?

Wolfe = Justin smith at that 5 technique

Poet
10-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Since when did Ware drop off?

Jsteve01
10-09-2012, 07:32 PM
I saw that too King.

DenBronx
10-10-2012, 03:16 AM
JJ Watt better than Von Miller? lol

GTFCKO here with that ish man!!!!

Buff
08-16-2016, 03:29 PM
Dareus facing a 4 game suspension as the Bills slowly implode... Was looking for an old thread to bump.

We were so hard up for DL for so long that I can remember when taking Dareus seemed more appealing than Von in the lead up to the 2011 draft.

Poet
08-16-2016, 03:30 PM
That draft was insane.

The Bills suck, Rex Ryan sucks, their defense is overrated, their QB is shit, et al.

Broncoknight30
08-16-2016, 06:04 PM
I know at the time I thought they needed to get Dareus myself. I was a bit frustrated only because I knew the Broncos were playing a 4-3. My hope was to have a penetrating interor lineman that had the ability to provide pressure in the middle along with Dumervil on the outside.

I was a bit frustrated that the Broncos continued to play the 4-3 defense with Von Miller. Even though there was some real production, I vented my frustration on the other Bronco boards. I thought they were misusing Von Miller completely only because of the way the edge rushers are used in the 4-3, which is significantly different than the way they are used in a 3-4.

This was my post pretty much exactly a year ago before the season.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/600435-So-happy-to-see-this-team-in-a-3-4-this-year?p=2373141#post2373141

Dareus btw is a very productive player, but yes I was wrong with that. Von Miller has the trajectory of a DT or a Lawrence Taylor. IMO, an edge rusher (a dominant one) is the second most valuable position behind a dynamic franchise QB.

BroncoWave
08-16-2016, 07:52 PM
Dareus facing a 4 game suspension as the Bills slowly implode... Was looking for an old thread to bump.

We were so hard up for DL for so long that I can remember when taking Dareus seemed more appealing than Von in the lead up to the 2011 draft.

Man, I remember there being some pissed off people that we took Dareus over Miller. That's why I try not to ever overreact to a draft, because even the smartest football minds in the world don't have any idea how most of these players will turn out.

BroncoWave
08-16-2016, 07:54 PM

Not taking too much away from him, but Houston might have the easiest first place schedule EVER. Green Bay, Baltimore and NE are their toughest remaining games and even those teams are a combined 9-6 right now. They play GB this week, who I believe leads the league in sacks allowed this year.

This looks like a pretty hot take in hindsight. :D

tomjonesrocks
08-16-2016, 08:13 PM
Man, I remember there being some pissed off people that we took Dareus over Miller. That's why I try not to ever overreact to a draft, because even the smartest football minds in the world don't have any idea how most of these players will turn out.

I don't remember being mad - but Dareus seemed to fill an obvious need at the time and therefore I. was more familiar with him.

Right away though Miller was compared to Derrick Thomas and made an immediate impact -- so whatever consternation here couldn't have lasted long. Anyway thank God Elway drafted Miller. Literally a Super Bowl winning decision.

TXBRONC
08-16-2016, 08:30 PM

I know you meant Miller over Dareus. I wanted Denver draft Dareus but I wasn't a bit upset when Denver took Miller instead.

BroncoWave
08-16-2016, 08:34 PM
I know you meant Miller over Dareus. I wanted Denver draft Dareus but I wasn't a bit upset when Denver took Miller instead.

Damn, I sure did. Nice catch!

TXBRONC
08-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Damn, I sure did. Nice catch!

No problem.