PDA

View Full Version : Patriots no-huddle relies on power of one

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I put this in Broncos Talk, as it is in regards to yesterday's game - interesting article:

FOXBOROUGH — Just one word can be powerful.

Saying, “Help,” lets someone know a person needs assistance.

“Sorry,” can immediately heal some wounds.

“Stop,” could save someone from harm.

Yes, just one word can be potent.

The same holds true for football and the Patriots.

rest - http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/10/08/patriots-huddle-relies-power-one/nHTapuVnBOwfFlffwTrN6J/story.html

MOtorboat
10-08-2012, 10:31 PM
It sucks they unleashed that on us.

Wow.

UnderArmour
10-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Conversely, the Patriots no-huddle offense relies on the ineptitude of one. One player on defense not doing his job and there is no hope in defending against the Patriots. All eleven guys need to be ready to cover and maintain gap/edge integrity on any given play. Unfortunately for us, we do not have eleven players on defense that can adjust on the fly. We've built a Swiss cheese defense and not a brick wall defense. Rahim Moore isn't ready to do that and Joe Mays will always be a mediocre at-best starter. When we get DJ Williams back or with another offseason we can inch closer to a disciplined defense like those in the NFC West/Pittsburgh/Baltimore/Miami have where all eleven guys are ready for the world to come at them. Until that happens, we just have to outscore teams like New England as we only have enough talent to stop an elite offense.

Buff
10-09-2012, 10:27 AM
I heard an interview with Derek Wolfe yesterday and he gave himself a B for his performance against the Patriots. Granted, I have not broken his play down, but I don't see how anybody on our defense could get a passing grade after that debacle.

Embarrassing how unprepared and helpless we were against their hurry up.

NightTerror218
10-09-2012, 11:21 AM
taken from the Oregon ducks offense.....interesting.

Chef Zambini
10-09-2012, 11:32 AM
The NFL is a copycat league, so only when someone with job security — like Belichick — tries something new and it works does it spread across the professional ranks.

excellent article, thanks.
our broncos were out on the ice with bedroom slippers while the pats had on their sharpened skates.
the pats have always been quick to identify weakness and atack it while avoiding the opponents strengths.
did they attempt a single pass in champs direction?
( I did not get to see the game)
when I was a coach, we used one word concepts to change plays at the line of scrimmage:
colors
animals
odd or even numbers
with one word we could change run/pass
left/ right
short/ long
to confuse the defenses trying to decipher our audibles we made distinctions.
mammals vs reptiles
striped animal vs solid color
and we had key phrases that just meant anything we called previously is just BS, just run the play as called in the huddle.
we outsmarted and consequently outplayed almost every team we faced.
it made successful plays all the more gratifying.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Article on NFL website on this:

New England Patriots using complex no-huddle O

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000078818/article/new-england-patriots-using-complex-nohuddle-o?module=HP11_headline_stack

SR
10-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Damn them right to hell!