PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' third-down defense still stings day after loss to Patriots

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2012, 04:05 PM
There were plenty of things for Broncos coach John Fox to dislike as he sat in his office and went through the film of Sunday's 31-21 loss to New England.

But there were four defensive plays that stuck out more than most.

"You know, third-and-10 plus, there were five situations, and they converted four of them," Fox said Monday afternoon.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21726306/broncos-third-down-defense-still-stings-day-after

MOtorboat
10-08-2012, 04:29 PM
The Woodhead run was a backbreaker.

pnbronco
10-08-2012, 04:59 PM
The Woodhead run was a backbreaker.

I agree. The Pats really had a plan that out coached us yesterday. I hope ours study and learn a lot from it.

Buff
10-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Joe Mays shouldn't have been allowed on the plane after giving up that completion to Woodhead.

3rd and 17, all he has to do is play off coverage and not give up a big gain, instead he tried to blow Woodhead up at the line of scrimmage, completely whiffed, and gave up the 1st down. It was both a mental and physical breakdown at a crucial moment. He is clueless.

MOtorboat
10-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Joe Mays shouldn't have been allowed on the plane after giving up that completion to Woodhead.

3rd and 17, all he has to do is play off coverage and not give up a big gain, instead he tried to blow Woodhead up at the line of scrimmage, completely whiffed, and gave up the 1st down. It was both a mental and physical breakdown at a crucial moment. He is clueless.

Jeesh. I forgot there were two of them.

:tsk:

Krugan
10-08-2012, 06:06 PM
I hope it more than stings, I hope it burns like trying to be a kidney stone.

spikerman
10-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I hope it more than stings, I hope it burns like trying to be a kidney stone.

I wouldn't wish that on anybody. I had one Friday. I had to miss a game because of it. :sick:

Locnar
10-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Chris Harris made a good tackle on a 3rd down screen play. I think that was the only positive I saw our defense have on 3rd down..

Joel
10-08-2012, 11:10 PM

That was brutal, because the Pats were on their ONE YARD LINE but wound up kicking an easy FG from inside our 10, and it took Von Millers diving third down tackle to hold them to that. Then halftime. Unless NE got the punt from Hell that was probably at least a 6 point play, more if we 1) reach the endzone on the last drive of the half or 2) block the punt. For a team that supposedly has defensive masterminds at HC AND DC, we give up WAY too many 3rd and a miles when all we have to do is keep the ball in front of us. And Mays is a shameful amount of that.

Chris Harris made a good tackle on a 3rd down screen play. I think that was the only positive I saw our defense have on 3rd down..
Lovin' Harris. He still makes the occasional misread, but it's becoming less common, and he makes GREAT tackles. Seems like he did the same thing Foxworth did at nickel: Watched Champ and thought, I wanna be like that when I grow up.... :) Really hope we find a way to keep him for the long haul, because we sure missed Foxworth when we decided we didn't need a #2 CB.