PDA

View Full Version : It’s not just Broncos turnovers, it’s where Broncos are turning over the ball

DenBronx
10-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Check this out: The Broncos have 10 turnovers through five games. That’s about five too many. But there’s more. The average placement of where the Broncos are turning over the ball: The opponents’ 35 yard line.

The Broncos have commnitted five turnovers inside the opponents’ 17. That’s potentially 35 points kicked away.

The Broncos are currently 9th in the NFL in scoring at 27.0 points per game. But let’s say instead of turnovers, they get 23 more points off those drives to the 17 or better — two touchdowns and three field goals, as a conservative estimate. That would lift the Broncos to the second- or third-highest scoring team, depending on how Houston fares tonight against the Jets.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/10/08/turnovers-ball-turns/16186/

The Glue Factory
10-08-2012, 02:10 PM
At least we're giving our defense a chance to prevent the opponent from scoring off our turnovers.

Chef Zambini
10-08-2012, 02:47 PM
turnovers suck no matter where they occur or when.
there is never a good time or a good place unless you are up by 3+ scores.
and I have a hard time understanding why an INT is ok but a fumble is not?
WTF, they both suck!
I know folks are pissed at mcgehee but our run game would be total dogshit without him !
let me know next time he fumbles 3 times in a game in the first 8 minutes especially.
Hillman, learn to block, earn some play-time !