PDA

View Full Version : Sit McGahee......Also Known in the League as "Fumble-ena"

WARHORSE
10-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Im tired of squeezing my rear end every time this guy carries the ball. If you cant hold on to the ball, you shouldnt play, end of story. How many times do we have to watch this guy run with the ball unsecured until we figure out he needs to sit?

Id rather sit him and keep the ball then run him and have the fumbles.

Between him and Thomas, I dont know who is worse with ball security.

But I did know this: Belichick was telling his entire defense that these guys are easy to get the ball from.

Cause its true.

Im thinking right about now, Peyton Manning is thinking.........."I picked the wrong stinkin team." You can see the frustration on his face.

Three games we could have and should have won.

SICK.

SICK.

​SICK!!!!!!!!

ShaneFalco
10-08-2012, 01:21 AM
well i have been critical of mcagahee more then most. But I realize he was cut from the Ravens because of fumbles. And even Marshall Faulk called him out on only securing it with one hand. Thomas sometimes does the same thing, big risk big reward. really depends if you want to take that risk for the reward. He still is a good RB. I think Fox just needs to remind him every play to use 2 hands. It sounds petty but hey sometimes people forget.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Yeah, the Ravens cut McGahee because of his $6 mil contract and some dude named Ray Rice.......

bcbronc
10-08-2012, 01:26 AM
sitting him is a silly suggestion. But the hands were definitely an issue today.

ShaneFalco
10-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Yeah, the Ravens cut McGahee because of his $6 mil contract and some dude named Ray Rice.......

Ray Rice didnt fumble. Mcgahee did 6 times that season. Wasnt the sole issue, but it most likely played into the decision.

Regardless he still is a good RB.

sneakers
10-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Im tired of squeezing my rear end every time this guy carries the ball. If you cant hold on to the ball, you shouldnt play, end of story. How many times do we have to watch this guy run with the ball unsecured until we figure out he needs to sit?

Id rather sit him and keep the ball then run him and have the fumbles.

Between him and Thomas, I dont know who is worse with ball security.

But I did know this: Belichick was telling his entire defense that these guys are easy to get the ball from.

Cause its true.

Im thinking right about now, Peyton Manning is thinking.........."I picked the wrong stinkin team." You can see the frustration on his face.

Three games we could have and should have won.

SICK.

SICK.

​SICK!!!!!!!!

enjoy lance balls then

Simple Jaded
10-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Rice not fumbling and a $6 mil contract make 30 year old RB's expendable. McGahee and Thomas are both starting for Denver, regardless of their fumbles, for some reason the notion that McGahee was cut because of fumbles seems like a bit of a stretch.......

Timmy!
10-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Oh ffs.......

Northman
10-08-2012, 05:25 AM
Maybe Peyton should concentrate onto holding onto the ball too.......... Or maybe not throw 3 Ints in one game........

As to McGahee and Bmore. He was let go because of his contract, not because of fumbles.

TXBRONC
10-08-2012, 05:50 AM
War that would be a terrible decision.

I would bet money that Elway and Fox will not do something as rash as putting their best running back on the shelf.

To say we should have won all three of those games is just ridiculous. We were behind in all three games and made it close.

Calm down and think things through. We lost but so did the Chargers so we didn't lose any ground to them.

Joel
10-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Maybe Peyton should concentrate onto holding onto the ball too.......... Or maybe not throw 3 Ints in one game........

As to McGahee and Bmore. He was let go because of his contract, not because of fumbles.
That's a little unfair; EVERY QB is prone to fumbles when hit from behind while cocking to throw (you can't keep two hands on the ball when throwing a pass) and, while Mannings three picks against Atlanta was undeniably awful, he hasn't had ANY interceptions in the other four games. On top of all that, rushing turnovers are statistically THREE TIMES less common than passing turnovers (even if we count things like Thomas and Mannings fumbles last night as "rushing turnovers" even though both were pass plays.) A QB who turns the ball over every other game is exceptionally good; a running back who does is exceptionally bad.

It's an apples and oranges comparison. In the grand scheme, McGahees fumble last night, and not looking the ball in on an easy 4th down conversion, are not the end of the world (just that game,) but would be an unacceptable norm. Fortunately they are NOT the norm; he's earned the game ball at least as often as he's been the goat. I'd like to see Hillman get more touches (and Ball less) because I've generally liked what I've seen from him (except for busting 3rd and 1 outside looking for more than the yard that was there but getting less) and McGahee's >30. McGahee didn't lose that game any more than Stevan Ridley did though.

Northman
10-08-2012, 06:55 AM
McGahees fumble last night, and not looking the ball in on an easy 4th down conversion, are not the end of the world (just that game,)

Thank you, thats my entire point with my comparison. Im glad we agree.

TXBRONC
10-08-2012, 07:37 AM
After five games last year we were 1-4 and won the division. This year we're 2-3. That doesn't mean we'll win the division again or even make the playoffs as wild card but keeping a just a small amount of prespective can't hurt.

Northman
10-08-2012, 07:46 AM
After five games last year we were 1-4 and won the division. This year we're 2-3. That doesn't mean we'll win the division again or even make the playoffs as wild card but keeping a just a small amount of prespective can't hurt.

Not only that, but last year only 2 out of the first 5 teams were what i would call "contenders" (Green Bay, San Diego). This year, 4 out of the 5 are contenders so the level of competition is much harder in my opinion.

TXBRONC
10-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Not only that, but last year only 2 out of the first 5 teams were what i would call "contenders" (Green Bay, San Diego). This year, 4 out of the 5 are contenders so the level of competition is much harder in my opinion.

The way some people act you would think Denver is 0-5.

shank
10-08-2012, 08:19 AM
i am far from happy with mcgahee after 2 big mistakes, both of which killed our momentum and took points off the board. but he's a very good back. fumbles happen, drops happen.

we all knew we were in for a rough start, even if out team was clicking from the get-go, most of us were hoping to get out of the first 6 weeks at .500 - we still have a good chance of making that happen. Barring injuries, things will only continue to improve as the season progresses. our 3 losses can be attributed HEAVILY to dumb mistakes and bad luck. we clean it up and hope that the karma comes our way late in the season and we're in good shape.

next week is a big big game, but even if we don't get the W, the season is very far from over.

Joel
10-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Thank you, thats my entire point with my comparison. Im glad we agree.
Fair enough; I don't think McGahees two bad plays last night, even with the fumble against Pitt, should bench him. All I was saying is comparing QB to RB turnovers is inherently unfair, because, on average, QBs give the ball up three times more often. The same turnover rate can earn a QB a Pro Bowl trip and end a RBs career. McGahee has 2 fumbles in 83 attempts, about 2.4%; Mannings CAREER Int% is 2.7. Yet Manning's a first ballot HoFer and people are demanding McGahee be benched. ;)

There's a reason coaches used to say, "three things can happen on a pass, and two are bad." Just because the NFL decided to change the rules so the most likely passing outcomes are receptions and defensive penalties doesn't change the fact RBs lose the ball FAR less often than QBs. If McGahee keeps fumbling it will be cause to bench him, but 2 fumbles in five games isn't a disaster (though it's higher than it should be.)

The way some people act you would think Denver is 0-5.
Some follks thought a team that was 8-8 and beat Pitt in the playoffs last year instantly a contender with Manning. Some folks were unrealistic, and resent the grounds firmness as they come back down to earth.

CoachChaz
10-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Has mediocrity become the accepted norm? It's ridiculous. The mentality that things are ok because despite a losing record, we are still good with San Diego...we're 2-3 this year and we were 1-4 last year...2-3 isnt bad when you consider our opponents. Is this a joke?

Three losses in three very winable games that we handed away with bone-headed play and mistakes. And the response is to accept mediocrity. Screw that. We won 2 Super Bowls because players did the little things and did them right. This team makes mental mistakes every week and there are ZERO consequences. A fumble or dropped ball or missed block will happen, but the frequency with which they are happening is unacceptable. You can all make all the excuses you want for this team, but without these frequent mistakes, we could very easily be 5-0.

Joel
10-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Has mediocrity become the accepted norm? It's ridiculous. The mentality that things are ok because despite a losing record, we are still good with San Diego...we're 2-3 this year and we were 1-4 last year...2-3 isnt bad when you consider our opponents. Is this a joke?

Three losses in three very winable games that we handed away with bone-headed play and mistakes. And the response is to accept mediocrity. Screw that. We won 2 Super Bowls because players did the little things and did them right. This team makes mental mistakes every week and there are ZERO consequences. A fumble or dropped ball or missed block will happen, but the frequency with which they are happening is unacceptable. You can all make all the excuses you want for this team, but without these frequent mistakes, we could very easily be 5-0.
While I agree with the sentiment, the losses were not winnable games. Maybe yesterdays (had Thomas not fumbled 1st and G on our first drive, or McGahee fumbled on our last one, things might be very different) but the Texans and Falcons flat outplayed us for three quarters then coasted to victory because they could. Just because we ran a 2:00 drill for most of the second half against prevent defense does not make those games as close as the scoreboard implied. Mediocrity isn't acceptable but IS the norm for our current team. Adding one HoF QB didn't make us a SB team; it's past time we accepted—and rectified—THAT.

hotcarl
10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
While I agree with the sentiment, the losses were not winnable games. Maybe yesterdays (had Thomas not fumbled 1st and G on our first drive, or McGahee fumbled on our last one, things might be very different) but the Texans and Falcons flat outplayed us for three quarters then coasted to victory because they could. Just because we ran a 2:00 drill for most of the second half against prevent defense does not make those games as close as the scoreboard implied. Mediocrity isn't acceptable but IS the norm for our current team. Adding one HoF QB didn't make us a SB team; it's past time we accepted—and rectified—THAT.

how would you rectify that, herr joel?

Nomad
10-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Vick will give McGahee a run for the title of 'Fumble-ena'

Northman
10-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I think Vick averages like 3 a game. He will probably own that title all year.

Joel
10-08-2012, 12:13 PM
how would you rectify that, herr joel?
Get a legit MLB, LG and DT, dummkopf. ;) Safety wouldn't hurt either, and a decent backup/future replacement for McGahee.

NightTerror218
10-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Peyton Manning has more turnovers then Mcgahee. Guess he should be cut too. toss em both

FFS

/thread

CoachChaz
10-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Get a legit MLB, LG and DT, dummkopf. ;) Safety wouldn't hurt either, and a decent backup/future replacement for McGahee.

So basically 2 more years of drafting/FA's. Then we'll have to replace the CB's and QB.

DenBronx
10-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Guys look around the AFCW. There are alot of other teams with 2-3 or worse records. I think two playoff teams come out of the AFCW, us and the Chargers. All we really have to do at this point is beat out the Bengels, Colts and Jets.

Joel
10-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Peyton Manning has more turnovers then Mcgahee. Guess he should be cut too. toss em both

FFS

/thread
Again, QBs always have more turnovers than RBs, by a ratio of 3:1 or more. The Manning:McGahee ratio is 2:1, way too high. If it doesn't shrink, we have a problem, but 2 in 5 games is no reason to melt down.

NightTerror218
10-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Again, QBs always have more turnovers than RBs, by a ratio of 3:1 or more. The Manning:McGahee ratio is 2:1, way too high. If it doesn't shrink, we have a problem, but 2 in 5 games is no reason to melt down.

If you call that too high for a QB who has only thrown INTs in 1 game.

NightTerror218
10-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Guys look around the AFCW. There are alot of other teams with 2-3 or worse records. I think two playoff teams come out of the AFCW, us and the Chargers. All we really have to do at this point is beat out the Bengels, Colts and Jets.

Seriously look at the teams we have lost too. The best team in NFC (ATL), AFC (Texans) and best offensive team in league (Pats). How can you not feel good that we were in all 3 of those games till the very end and had out chances.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2012, 12:55 PM
sitting him is a silly suggestion. But the hands were definitely an issue today.

Many things were an issue - defense had a very hard time stopping 3rd down plays, DT did not have a good game, Manning fumbled once, etc., etc., etc. Very hard to see where McGahee totally caused the loss.

Northman
10-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Many things were an issue - defense had a very hard time stopping 3rd down plays, DT did not have a good game, Manning fumbled once, etc., etc., etc. Very hard to see where McGahee totally caused the loss.

3rd down defense has been a reacurring problem for the Broncos for quite a while now. Turnovers are happening by everyone, not just McGahee. I agree with your post yesterday about how many look at the fumble and 4th down drop yet forget all the other good he has done since being here. Without him i highly doubt we win any games this year.

jhildebrand
10-08-2012, 01:13 PM
It's hard to fault McGahee. A game like that is going to happen. It is unfortunate that it happened yesterday but it did. On the fumble you can see McGahee expected contact going into the hole and covered the ball. The contact didn't happen like it looked like it would and there appeared to be a lane to the endzone. He went for it and got caught with his hand off the ball.

On the 4th and 1 he was turning up the field before he secured the ball. It happens. Let's hope Hillman can be effective in spelling McGahee and things should work out. My problem with the backs are McGahee, Moreno and Ball all overlap too much in what they bring to the table. I would rather see Ball or Moreno get moved and bring a bigger back in as a compliment.

catfish
10-08-2012, 01:19 PM
everyone realizes that if McGahee sits it is most likely Lance Ball who replaces him right?

shank
10-08-2012, 01:36 PM
everyone realizes that if McGahee sits it is most likely Lance Ball who replaces him right?

everyone but warhorse.

jhildebrand
10-08-2012, 01:50 PM

Or Knowsho :sick:

Mike
10-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Definitely not happy with his performance yesterday. But he is by far the best option Denver has. Wish they would start using Hillman more. While I am wishing though, I wish we had Turner back and could coach him up.

Chef Zambini
10-08-2012, 02:51 PM
the best thing about moreno is that he is de-activated.

jhildebrand
10-08-2012, 03:01 PM
the best thing about moreno is that he is de-activated.

The best thing he could do for this team is find a way to be traded for some value. If the Pats could get a 4th for Maroney...

Chef Zambini
10-08-2012, 03:26 PM
nobody is going to give us SQUAT for a sub-par performer, coming off an injury and a dui aguy that should have been released instead of pissing away a roster spot!
moreno is our haine in the RB pool!
JE is too embarassed to put hillman out there so KM got a jersey!
\ JE is too embarassed to but OS on the field, thats why haine got a jersy!
I love JE, he has been a god send for this franchise, but..
i wont stick my head in the sand when he F's up and pretend it will all go away !
after 6 draft rounds and an entire FA period, we have PM, porter and wolfe to show for our off-season efforst.
compare that with the seattle seahawks and get back to me.
pitifull !

catfish
10-08-2012, 03:32 PM
The best thing he could do for this team is find a way to be traded for some value. If the Pats could get a 4th for Maroney...

call him a QB and trade him to the jets ;)

Chef Zambini
10-08-2012, 03:34 PM
he probably has comperable passing skills to TT, however...
TT plays special teams, Km does NOT !

WARHORSE
10-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I'll just give two comparisons.

One, the Colts with Manning under center. How many times did Wayne, Harrison, Clark, James or the other guys that touched the ball alot......fumble?

Those fumbles are the difference between a 12-4, 13-3, 14-2 team and a 50% win team.

98 Broncos.......how many times did Shannon Sharpe, Terrell Davis, Ed McCaffrey and Rod Smith fumble the ball?

If you want to be good, you simply cant be loose with the football.

All elite teams take care of the football.

Superbowl teams dont fumble.

In the playoffs, one fumble can send you home and many times does.

WARHORSE
10-08-2012, 03:35 PM
everyone but warhorse.

Play the rookie.

Chef Zambini
10-08-2012, 03:41 PM
the rookie needs to master his blocking assignments.

Northman
10-08-2012, 03:47 PM
I'll just give two comparisons.

One, the Colts with Manning under center. How many times did Wayne, Harrison, Clark, James or the other guys that touched the ball alot......fumble?

Wayne- 2 (First 4 years)
Harrison- 5
Clark- 2

James- 44 (Career)

McGahee- 25 (Career)
Thomas- 6 (3 years)

While the fumbles by Thomas are concerning McGahee actually has quite a few less fumbles than James ever did.

Those fumbles are the difference between a 12-4, 13-3, 14-2 team and a 50% win team.

98 Broncos.......how many times did Shannon Sharpe, Terrell Davis, Ed McCaffrey and Rod Smith fumble the ball?

If you want to be good, you simply cant be loose with the football.

All elite teams take care of the football.

Superbowl teams dont fumble.

In the playoffs, one fumble can send you home and many times does.

Well, one problem with your argument is that the 98' era Bronco team was a veteran team all around. This team isnt nearly as loaded as those were not sure why or how you would even think that this team is close to those talent and experience wise.

Mike
10-08-2012, 03:59 PM
the rookie needs to master his blocking assignments.

And learn to go forward when your team needs a couple of yards. I miss one cut and go.

Krugan
10-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Where is the out cry about underperforming and dropsies?

This was my whole argument in that other thread about that other guy.

Why is it that its acceptable to abuse one, but give the other a pass?

Inconsitancy, even with the fans of this orginization.

Joel
10-08-2012, 11:28 PM
So basically 2 more years of drafting/FA's. Then we'll have to replace the CB's and QB.
Yeah, pretty much. That's why dropping $20 mil/year on Manning seems so absurd to me. It's that much less cash we have for those FAs, and by the time we have a SB calibre team, not only will Manning be gone, but Champ will probably go with him.

If you call that too high for a QB who has only thrown INTs in 1 game.
Even with Mannings relatively low number of turnovers, the ratio of McGahee:Manning turnovers is too high. Not disastrous, but 2.4% is too high for a starting RB; it needs to come down the rest of the season. However, we only have a problem if it doesn't; right now 83 carries isn't enough to say it is anything more than bad luck and/or a careless moment or two.

weazel
10-08-2012, 11:38 PM
I like McGahee, but he really does need to protect the damn ball. This team has a hard time doing that, and its getting worse.

WARHORSE
10-09-2012, 04:20 AM
Wayne- 2 (First 4 years)
Harrison- 5
Clark- 2

James- 44 (Career)

McGahee- 25 (Career)
Thomas- 6 (3 years)

While the fumbles by Thomas are concerning McGahee actually has quite a few less fumbles than James ever did.

Well, one problem with your argument is that the 98' era Bronco team was a veteran team all around. This team isnt nearly as loaded as those were not sure why or how you would even think that this team is close to those talent and experience wise.

Well put about Edge, but you further my point cause the team never went anywhere with Edgerrin James and his fumbling. They won the superbowl with Addai and Rhodes.

McGahee needs to kill two birds with one stone by hiring Tiki Barber to help him learn how not to fumble. Tiki gets a job, and Willis gets a grip.

Run the rookie. At least if he fumbles we can all say, "Well what do you expect......hes a rookie....."

Screen passes with Hillman, as well as some wheel routes, basic checkdowns with the rook.

I havent seen him get Peyton killed yet, so let him play.

Willis needs to sit right next to Knowshow.

WARHORSE
10-09-2012, 04:21 AM
Maybe we should give up a two for Jones Drew.

Start the chant.

"Two for Jones Drew!"

shank
10-09-2012, 08:14 AM
stop it.

BroncoNut
10-09-2012, 09:31 AM
War, with our stable of backs, I don't think that would be wise

Chillez
10-09-2012, 03:33 PM
I do like McGahee, it just seems he fumbles at worst possible times. Not sure, he has the clutch gene.

Chillez
10-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Maybe we should give up a two for Jones Drew.

Start the chant.

"Two for Jones Drew!"

Or Steven Jacson, I'd take him over McGahee right now.

TXBRONC
10-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Well put about Edge, but you further my point cause the team never went anywhere with Edgerrin James and his fumbling. They won the superbowl with Addai and Rhodes.

McGahee needs to kill two birds with one stone by hiring Tiki Barber to help him learn how not to fumble. Tiki gets a job, and Willis gets a grip.

Run the rookie. At least if he fumbles we can all say, "Well what do you expect......hes a rookie....."

Screen passes with Hillman, as well as some wheel routes, basic checkdowns with the rook.

I havent seen him get Peyton killed yet, so let him play.

Willis needs to sit right next to Knowshow.

The Colts didn't get rid of James because they didn't go anywherewith him they got rid him because they believe he on the downside of his career. Btw as a broken down used up back he did get the Super Bowl with the Cardinals.

Day1BroncoFan
10-09-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm looking at the teans we lost to, those same teams we'll likely meet in the playoffs if we get there. Hopefully Mcgahee, Thomas, Manning, the rest of the offense and the defense will have it together by then... Or we will be one and done.

Simple Jaded
10-09-2012, 08:10 PM
******* Tebowfans!

Why do you care about Manning's salary? You do realize that if you are right about Manning the Broncos can easily get out from under the bane of your existence?

Btw, that "Steve DeBerg" prediction is looking pretty ******* stupid so far.......

Joel
10-10-2012, 05:02 AM
******* Tebowfans!

Why do you care about Manning's salary? You do realize that if you are right about Manning the Broncos can easily get out from under the bane of your existence?

Btw, that "Steve DeBerg" prediction is looking pretty ******* stupid so far.......
Some things still aren't about Tebow. We've played 5 games that haven't told us much of anything except what most people knew already: This isn't our year. Maybe next season, after we plug our holes at MLB, NT, LG and FS (why did we get Leonhard if we're going to endure Rahim Moores awful play anyway?) and Manning has some chemistry with our receivers. Of course, that depends on Champ still playing at a Pro Bowl level next year, Koppen either sticking around or getting replaced by someone as good and Decker catching balls while Thomas stops fumbling them, but maybe. That's when we'll see how good the DeBerg comparisons were (though the Montana comparison is likely better.)

I care about Mannings salary because $20 million is probably about what it would take to make Denver a contender UNLESS we dropped it all on one guy.

What's the biggest argument against pulling McGahee: We have NO ONE else.
What's the biggest argument for starting Mays: We have NO ONE else.
What was the biggest argument for starting Ty Warren (who's done for the year:) We have NO ONE else.
What's the biggest argument for starting Walton and Beadles: We have NO ONE else.

THAT'S why I care about Manning's $20 million, and the notion that, well, gee, there just aren't any good FA MLBs, Gs, NTs or FSs is absurd. Particularly since our best MLB, NT, C and safety were all added as free agents either during or after the offseason; why not spend a bit more and get players who are 1) good and 2) won't be retired in two years. I'm thrilled we have Koppen, but if he had 4-5 good years left he'd still be in NE with Brady complimenting his butt. This isn't about you, me or Tebow; it's about Denvers dearth of talent preventing a championship, and how to get it. Get it?

Ravage!!!
10-10-2012, 12:03 PM
If we could simply "hire" all these free agents witht he Manning money, then why do we still have so much money under the cap that we could have used to hire FAs this last year? Because Manning's money didn't mean squat to that.

THere isn't a FA available, or group of them, that we could have hired that woudl have come CLOSE to making the difference that we did in the hiring of Manning. THe BIGGEST difference between team to team... is the QB. Your team is ALWAYS a contender with a top QB. The same can NOT be said for having a bad QB and a top FA MLB.

The money spent on Manning has NOTHING to do with the FAs we didn't hire or the lack of defensive talent. We still had PLENTY of money to get what we wanted to get IF we wanted it.

Not hiring Manning would have put us even FURTHER into the hole of looking for whats needed to be a successful football team. At least with a top QB at the helm, we are 80% ahead of the curve compared to last year.

slim
10-10-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm looking at the teans we lost to, those same teams we'll likely meet in the playoffs if we get there. Hopefully Mcgahee, Thomas, Manning, the rest of the offense and the defense will have it together by then... Or we will be one and done.

But that is the problem. We have lost to every legit contender we have played. Said slightly differently, we are not a legit contender.

Day1BroncoFan
10-10-2012, 12:10 PM
But that is the problem. We have lost to every legit contender team we have played. Said slightly differently, we are not a legit contender.

Exactamundo.

Ravage!!!
10-10-2012, 12:11 PM
But that is the problem. We have lost to every legit contender team we have played. Said slightly differently, we are not a legit contender.

RIght, we are not as good as the top teams in the NFL.... of which we've lost. Shocking.

Day1BroncoFan
10-10-2012, 12:12 PM
RIght, we are not as good as the top teams in the NFL.... of which we've lost. Shocking.

There's always next year... or not.

Ravage!!!
10-10-2012, 12:17 PM
There's always next year... or not.

I think next year was what the plan was to begin with. Not to mention the END of this year. NYG were a 9-7 team last year that didn't turn it on until the end of the year. What does this Bronco team look like to you? It looks like a team that is new to one another, and has had an EXTREMELY hard first 6 games...but despite getting beat by three of the best teams in the NFL, have looked pretty damned good within those very games. NE's offense ate us up, but it will be a learning experience for sure.

I'm not saying that we will win the Super Bowl, but I'm saying this team IS getting better. Manning, himself, is getting better. We stay away from injuries and we could be a serious contender by the end of this year that teams don't really want to face in the playoffs.

But if you thought we would be a Super Bowl contender this season, then I think you had some unreasonable high hopes. The team is already heads and shoulders better than it was last year.

slim
10-10-2012, 12:18 PM

Right, not ready for prime time.

I think there are a fair amount of people here that fail to realize this.

TXBRONC
10-10-2012, 12:22 PM
But that is the problem. We have lost to every legit contender we have played. Said slightly differently, we are not a legit contender.

Exactamundo.

Fair enough, but that doesn't mean by season's we wont be. I'm not saying we will but there is 11 games left to play.
Our next game is critical. If we go into the bi-week tied with Chargers our chances of making the playoffes becomes a little easier barring massive injuries.

Day1BroncoFan
10-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I think next year was what the plan was to begin with. Not to mention the END of this year. NYG were a 9-7 team last year that didn't turn it on until the end of the year. What does this Bronco team look like to you? It looks like a team that is new to one another, and has had an EXTREMELY hard first 6 games...but despite getting beat by three of the best teams in the NFL, have looked pretty damned good within those very games. NE's offense ate us up, but it will be a learning experience for sure.

I'm not saying that we will win the Super Bowl, but I'm saying this team IS getting better. Manning, himself, is getting better. We stay away from injuries and we could be a serious contender by the end of this year that teams don't really want to face in the playoffs.

But if you thought we would be a Super Bowl contender this season, then I think you had some unreasonable high hopes. The team is already heads and shoulders better than it was last year.

There may be some that were thinking about superbowl this year but I absolutely ain't one of 'em.

What I see on the field are stupid mistakes, mental errors and the like. Our D can't get off the field among other things. But yea, IF they get better then yea, we have a chance. I have hope but not expecting a lot.

EDIT:

I'll see what we do on Monday night with SD. That is going to be a very telling and important game.

slim
10-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Fair enough, but that doesn't mean by season's we wont be. I'm not saying we will but there is 11 games left to play.
Our next game is critical. If we go into the bi-week tied with Chargers our chances for making become a little easier barring massive injuries.

Well, the schedule gets easier, so I think we have a fair chance to make the playoffs.

One and done is better than nothing.

TXBRONC
10-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Well, the schedule gets easier, so I think we have a fair chance to make the playoffs.

One and done is better than nothing.

If we make the playoffs anything is possible. My gut feeling right now is if Denver does get to the playoffs they'll make some noise but we don't have enough to get past the Texans.

Softskull
10-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Our next game is critical. If we go into the bi-week tied with Chargers our chances for making become a little easier barring massive injuries.

This is correct. Stay healthy and we're the best team in the AFCW. Give us a two more months working together and we'll only get better. We could use a few new LBs. but all things considered, I like our chances for the next few years.

TXBRONC
10-11-2012, 08:11 AM
This is correct. Stay healthy and we're the best team in the AFCW. Give us a two more months working together and we'll only get better. We could use a few new LBs. but all things considered, I like our chances for the next few years.

Woodyard is a solid player and adds good depth to the position but he's not someone we need starting full time. Even to Williams' critics it should be obivious that defense misses his presences.

BroncoJoe
10-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Aren't we $10MM under the cap? Arguments about Manning's salary are stupid.

TXBRONC
10-11-2012, 08:39 AM

We are? I hadn't paid much attention to salary cap figures since Manning was signed. I'm not surprised they have money left over I just wouldn't have expected it to be $10 million.

Bottom line is Denver could sign another running back if they desire to but I don't see them doing unless McGahee goes down.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2012, 10:06 AM

Exactly. If we wanted to sign alllll these FA's that some are talking about, we could have. We didn't because teams just can't hire every FA on the market. The complaint on Manning's salary, as you said, is stupid. :salute:

Krugan
10-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Mannings contract isnt an issue, but if this team believed he was going to be healthy and ift this team, than yes, they should have chased FA's THIS year.

Having a 20 million year man, who is most likely a short term rental, should have forced our hand to win now, meaning spend on the damn holes.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Mannings contract isnt an issue, but if this team believed he was going to be healthy and ift this team, than yes, they should have chased FA's THIS year.

Having a 20 million year man, who is most likely a short term rental, should have forced our hand to win now, meaning spend on the damn holes.

Manning is wise enough to realize that this team isn't as void as most believe, and two, he's smart enough to know that thigns take time. Losing to 3 of the best teams in the NFL early in a season isn't exactly something to slit your wrists over.

I'm just glad Manning has a calmer, more logical, head on his shoulders than the fans do.

NightTerror218
10-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Manning is wise enough to realize that this team isn't as void as most believe, and two, he's smart enough to know that thigns take time. Losing to 3 of the best teams in the NFL early in a season isn't exactly something to slit your wrists over.

I'm just glad Manning has a calmer, more logical, head on his shoulders than the fans do.

Wish more people would not go off the deep end at being 2-3. At the end of the season if we are 12-4 or 11-5 with losses to Houston, ATL, NE and Bal maybe NO. Will people be saying how bad our team is like they are now?

Krugan
10-11-2012, 05:56 PM

Think you are assuming im off the deep end.

All im saying is, if you are putting all your eggs in one basket, you might as well put them all there.

Seems more realistic to me.

I will agree though, there is alot of over the top in fandom, I wont go into specifics, but its in all sorts of threads here.

NightTerror218
10-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Think you are assuming im off the deep end.

All im saying is, if you are putting all your eggs in one basket, you might as well put them all there.

Seems more realistic to me.

I will agree though, there is alot of over the top in fandom, I wont go into specifics, but its in all sorts of threads here.

I actually was not. I was agreeing with you. People off the deep end are ones who are already looking at our team for players who suck and need to be replaced now. They are looking at the trade deadline looking for who they can replace certain players with. They are also talking about how worried they are about how this team will do.

Joel
10-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Wish more people would not go off the deep end at being 2-3. At the end of the season if we are 12-4 or 11-5 with losses to Houston, ATL, NE and Bal maybe NO. Will people be saying how bad our team is like they are now?
No, if we go 10-1 or 9-2 in our remaining games there will be no complaints, but does anyone genuinely expect that? Refusing to construct playoff scenarios that start with "after we sweep the division...." isn't going off the deep end, it's refusing to go off the deep end. It is hard to imagine >4 wins in the division, or any against the Bengals and Ravens. That's 9-7 even if sweep the Chefs or Faders and beat the Saints, which is our playoff scenario. It might still not be good enough; we've had a lot of 9-7 teams miss the playoffs in the last decade. 10-6 is the absolute miraculous limit of our capabilities, IMHO.

ShaneFalco
10-14-2012, 09:00 PM
i hope we draft the most physical back in the draft.

I want a 250 pounder that runs linebackers over. Our team needs to be a bit more physical.

MOtorboat
10-14-2012, 09:43 PM
i hope we draft the most physical back in the draft.

I want a 250 pounder that runs linebackers over. Our team needs to be a bit more physical.

Physicality: Ed Lacy
Size: Le'veon Bell

weazel
10-15-2012, 11:33 AM
maybe we can bring Christian Okoye back into the league?

NightTerror218
10-15-2012, 11:54 AM
No, if we go 10-1 or 9-2 in our remaining games there will be no complaints, but does anyone genuinely expect that? Refusing to construct playoff scenarios that start with "after we sweep the division...." isn't going off the deep end, it's refusing to go off the deep end. It is hard to imagine >4 wins in the division, or any against the Bengals and Ravens. That's 9-7 even if sweep the Chefs or Faders and beat the Saints, which is our playoff scenario. It might still not be good enough; we've had a lot of 9-7 teams miss the playoffs in the last decade. 10-6 is the absolute miraculous limit of our capabilities, IMHO.

finishing off 9-2 will be easier since our schedule is drastically easier. Look at who we play. We have only a couple tough games compared to the first 5 weeks of our schedule.

Chef Zambini
10-15-2012, 12:15 PM

I'm just glad Manning has a calmer, more logical, head on his shoulders than the fans do.too bad its only held in place by staples and a wad of gum.
(um, thats a joke)

Chef Zambini
10-15-2012, 12:17 PM
mcgehhee needs at least 20 touches tonight! hillman should replace moreno, this could be his break-out game going home.

weazel
10-15-2012, 12:26 PM
mcgehhee needs at least 20 touches tonight! hillman should replace moreno, this could be his break-out game going homo.

why does his sexual preference matter, zam?