PDA

View Full Version : Lance Ball sucks

MOtorboat
10-07-2012, 07:57 PM
He runs into his own lineman and misses blocks.

I think we can all agree that he sucks.

Simple Jaded
10-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Runs up his blockers ass and missing blocks got the last #2 demoted.

Btw, Willis McGahee and Demaryius Thomas are kinda proof that if Moreno had enough ability he'd still be playing.......

jhildebrand
10-07-2012, 09:16 PM
I can cut McGahee some slack. It happens. If you watch the play where he fumbled, he did protect the ball and then uncovered it in wide open space. On the dropped 4th and 1 he just tried to turn up field to soon.

Ball....does suck.

Moreno.....sucks!

Hillman...needs to get going and be able to spell McGahee more.

ShaneFalco
10-08-2012, 01:31 AM
so where is moreno? hurt? or inactive or what?

sneakers
10-08-2012, 01:32 AM

prolly inactive

Joel
10-08-2012, 06:34 AM
I can cut McGahee some slack. It happens. If you watch the play where he fumbled, he did protect the ball and then uncovered it in wide open space. On the dropped 4th and 1 he just tried to turn up field to soon.

Ball....does suck.

Moreno.....sucks!

Hillman...needs to get going and be able to spell McGahee more.
Noticed that, too, on the replay; I couldn't help thinking, I really wish he hadn't taken his left hand off the ball just before they hit him. I still have far more faith in McGahee, Hillman AND Moreno than in Ball though. Starting a drive with three straight runs was uninspired, but my immediate reaction to the last one was "BALL up the gut on 3rd and 4?!" He's a good receiver, occasionally a good blocker and has good speed if you open a hole big enough for a semi, but otherwise disappoints. Our run blocking often lets defenders into the backfield and rarely gets much surge, so a back who can only follow his blockers doesn't work in Denver.

Northman
10-08-2012, 06:57 AM

I think everyone has been asking that the last two years. As bad as Ball is could you imagine how bad it would be with Moreno? :lol:

CrazyHorse
10-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Maybe we should draft Montee Ball to replace him. Who needs two Balls anyway?

Northman
10-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Maybe we should draft Montee Ball to replace him. Who needs two Balls anyway?

That was pretty funny. Good one. But yea, i would take Montee or even Lattimore from South Carolina.

Dapper Dan
10-08-2012, 08:09 AM
That was pretty funny. Good one. But yea, i would take Montee or even Lattimore from South Carolina.

I brought up Montee Ball when talking to my Wisconsin friend. He mentioned Ron Dayne. The end.

WalterFootball has us taking Lattimore.

MOtorboat
10-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I brought up Montee Ball when talking to my Wisconsin friend. He mentioned Ron Dayne. The end.

WalterFootball has us taking Lattimore.

If we take a RB in the first round, my head's going to explode.

GEM
10-08-2012, 09:20 AM
They need to be having some serious protect the ball drills in the building.

GEM
10-08-2012, 09:20 AM
If we take a RB in the first round, my head's going to explode.

After watching the last 5 games, anything other than LB will make me cry.

Dapper Dan
10-08-2012, 09:25 AM

Well. I picked a CB in my mock draft. I'm sorry. :(

silkamilkamonico
10-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Balls is terrible and I cannot believe the staff hasn't looked into seriously replacing him. Drafting Hillman for Moreno is fine and all, but Lance Balls is still on the roster.

I am a little disappointed in the organization in their decisions with RB, oline depth, dline depth, and LB. I think they have done a lot of good things, but there is still too many loose holes in areas of the team that shouldn't be, IMHO.

MOtorboat
10-08-2012, 10:55 AM

And people want Williams cut...

Yeah, it better be a MLB, or I'm going to have a meltdown.

Joel
10-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Balls is terrible and I cannot believe the staff hasn't looked into seriously replacing him. Drafting Hillman for Moreno is fine and all, but Lance Balls is still on the roster.

I am a little disappointed in the organization in their decisions with RB, oline depth, dline depth, and LB. I think they have done a lot of good things, but there is still too many loose holes in areas of the team that shouldn't be, IMHO.
I think that about covers it, really. I have a few minor points of disagreement, mainly in that I like our DEPTH but loathe our STARTERS on the interior of both lines, but, yeah. Maybe Wolfe, Hillman and/or even Irving will fix some of those problems eventually (though that won't solve overall depth issues,) but our lack of Gs, DTs and a MLB are the biggest things standing between Denver and success right now.

Koppen's the best G we have on the field and wasn't even here Opening Day (he's also a temporary fix: NE only released him because he's ancient and got hurt; watching Wendell yesterday made me wonder if they miss him.) We'll be better with Kuper back, and Beadles is no longer awful, but any more injuries would put Ramirez back out there. No idea why Ryan Harris is in Houston now; I'm very conflicted about that. :tongue:

Ty Warren was our only true NT; all our other DTs are good rotational depth players, but Vickerson's the only one who MIGHT be worth starting. None is a powerful clogger who demands double teams and pushes the center of the pocket; they're good at getting AROUND but not THROUGH blockers, making us as incapable of preventing as producing line surge.

Brooking's our best MLB, which would be fine if he were still a solid starter, but he's an aging and slowing backup now. He's still better than Mays because he knows where the play is going and doesn't overrun tackles, but when DJ comes back we'll have two great Wills, a stellar Sam and NO MLB who should be starting. If Derek Wolfe continues progressing as he has, MLB MUST be our top offseason priority.

I like McGahee, but he can't play 24-7, or until he's 40, and the best we have behind him looks like Hillman (NOT Ball.) Even if he pans out, in a few years McGahee will be gone and we'll only have one runner again.

LTC Pain
10-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Best MLB on the board or an O-lineman (best center in the draft). No RB, WR, TE or CB in 1st round next year. If the Broncos take the best safety in the draft next year in the 1st round I would be okay with it.

jhildebrand
10-08-2012, 01:06 PM
MLB/LB should have been the choice the 1st year McD was here and every year since. That 1st draft could have been Orakpo and Maualuga. But instead we got Ayers and Moreno. This team's backs seem to overlap too much in talent. What does Ball bring to the table that Moreno and Hillman and McGahee can't do? I would rather see them bring Omon back if for no other reason than his size and the ability to break tackles that he showed in the preseason.

The O line is still a major issue as well. That will improve with the full time return of Kuper but that is completely dependent on everyone staying healthy. The depth there sucks.

NightTerror218
10-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Still shocked at Ball getting the 3rd and 4 carry

underrated29
10-08-2012, 02:23 PM

That would be on mccoy

Chef Zambini
10-08-2012, 02:34 PM
hillman, improve your blocking and blitz recognition.
ball security, good time for a teaM SEMINAR.

Chillez
10-09-2012, 03:30 PM

McCoy lol. I had not much confidence of Ball on that play.

GEM
10-09-2012, 03:35 PM
MLB/LB should have been the choice the 1st year McD was here and every year since. That 1st draft could have been Orakpo and Maualuga. But instead we got Ayers and Moreno. This team's backs seem to overlap too much in talent. What does Ball bring to the table that Moreno and Hillman and McGahee can't do? I would rather see them bring Omon back if for no other reason than his size and the ability to break tackles that he showed in the preseason.

The O line is still a major issue as well. That will improve with the full time return of Kuper but that is completely dependent on everyone staying healthy. The depth there sucks.

Waldon should be a bit concerned about the guy who took his place....he's better.

NightTerror218
10-09-2012, 04:23 PM
That would be on mccoy

I do not like McCoy but still shocked at the stupidity of that call. Seriously his only carry is on a 3rd and 4. When you already rushed 2 times previous and have PEYTON FREAKING MANNING.

weazel
10-09-2012, 04:32 PM
I dont get the meaning of this thread, I could take it a couple different ways.

does lance ball suck or does lance ball suck?

slim
10-09-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm pretty sure Manning has the green light to audible any time he wants. Just saying.

NightTerror218
10-09-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty sure Manning has the green light to audible any time he wants. Just saying.

with the personnel that is on the field

slim
10-09-2012, 04:36 PM
with the personnel that is on the field

He choose hand it to Ball on 3rd and 4. His decision.

NightTerror218
10-09-2012, 04:39 PM
He choose hand it to Ball on 3rd and 4. His decision.

I would rather have had it been Mcgahee.

slim
10-09-2012, 04:42 PM

No shit.

But he pulled himself out after 2nd down.

weazel
10-09-2012, 04:42 PM

or Leonard, for that matter

slim
10-09-2012, 04:43 PM
When he realized McGahee was out, he should have thrown it. That is the point.

Buff
10-09-2012, 04:45 PM
I mean, yeah, he sucks, but he is a reliable and versatile 3rd RB. There aren't many superstar 3rd RBs on rosters around the league.

MOtorboat
10-09-2012, 04:47 PM
I mean, yeah, he sucks, but he is a reliable and versatile 3rd RB. There aren't many superstar 3rd RBs on rosters around the league.

No he's not.

Buff
10-09-2012, 04:49 PM
No he's not.

He doesn't have injury issues, he can catch the ball, he can pass protect. You are just bitter because you were so so so sooooo wrong about Knowshon.

MOtorboat
10-09-2012, 04:52 PM
He doesn't have injury issues, he can catch the ball, he can pass protect. You are just bitter because you were so so so sooooo wrong about Knowshon.

He can't pass protect for shit. He has, what, two receptions this year. Wow. Sign me up for that!

Hillman needs to be playing. Balls cost Denver two critical first downs Sunday.

slim
10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
He can't pass protect for shit. He has, what, two receptions this year. Wow. Sign me up for that!

So did Willis.

I want to see more of Hillman.

NightTerror218
10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
No shit.

But he pulled himself out after 2nd down.

whether he pulled himself out or was pulled I do not know. Either way Ball should not have carried. I also have not been watching manning as closely. He is calling audibles very much at the line this season? I have not seen him doing what he did in Indy yet.

NightTerror218
10-09-2012, 04:56 PM
So did Willis.

I want to see more of Hillman.

I would really like to see Hillman get in there. He needs the experience also. He is quick and can prob take it to the house if he gets free.

Buff
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM

Hillman does need more reps, no argument. But I am comfortable with Ball as our third string RB. I think we could do worse.

MOtorboat
10-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Hillman does need more reps, no argument. But I am comfortable with Ball as our third string RB. I think we could do worse.

But when you have someone better you should use him.

Buff
10-09-2012, 05:03 PM

Yeah, clearly Studesville likes Ball because he's still getting reps. But I agree, those reps need to go to Hillman.

BroncoNut
10-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Ball sucks lance

slim
10-09-2012, 05:04 PM

But Ball is not better.

He may give us the best chance to win, but that doesn't mean he is better.

BroncoNut
10-09-2012, 05:07 PM
But Ball is not better.

not at all. alot of good players. and I mean good football players just don't make it in the NFL. they don't find their niche in the small window they are given. if you think about it, it's alot like life actually. all of us are thrown to the wind, but most of us just wither and die

MOtorboat
10-09-2012, 05:08 PM
But Ball is not better.

He's not a quarterback.

Slim argument is Slim.

slim
10-09-2012, 05:11 PM
He's not a quarterback.

Slim argument is Slim.

Well, the coaches don't always make the right choice. I think that is the point.

Joel
10-10-2012, 04:49 AM
Waldon should be a bit concerned about the guy who took his place....he's better.
No doubt and no surprise (the bar wasn't that high, and Koppen has Super Bowl Rings,) but he also turned 33 last month: Koppen's not a long term solution (but neither is Walton.) When we have more than one decent G our running game will be MUCH better, and people won't complain about McGahees health as much, because he won't constantly have to break two tackles behind the LoS.

I would really like to see Hillman get in there. He needs the experience also. He is quick and can prob take it to the house if he gets free.
Ball's terrible, and if Hillman's going to be McGahee's replacement he needs the reps now; if not, we should've drafted a different back, because Ball DEFINITELY isn't that replacement. As to "he gives us a better chance to win but isn't better," if the rookie's better than the fifth year guy, maybe he should be on the field getting the experience to widen the gap. Hillman might improve; Ball never will.

mcdouchebag
10-10-2012, 04:41 PM
He's like AROD...he has some good games but whenever it really matters he botches ANTI-clutch...i believe Ball has some good bursts of speed and is there just dor some style changeup at the position...cause mcgahee is slow

MOtorboat
10-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Did you just equate the best baseball player of the this generation to Lance Ball?

Yes. Yes you did.

Edit: I think you compared McGahee to A-Rod. Still not sure, though.

ShaneFalco
10-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Freese is the best player of this generation, arod can suck it!

NightTerror218
10-10-2012, 04:53 PM
No doubt and no surprise (the bar wasn't that high, and Koppen has Super Bowl Rings,) but he also turned 33 last month: Koppen's not a long term solution (but neither is Walton.) When we have more than one decent G our running game will be MUCH better, and people won't complain about McGahees health as much, because he won't constantly have to break two tackles behind the LoS.

Ball's terrible, and if Hillman's going to be McGahee's replacement he needs the reps now; if not, we should've drafted a different back, because Ball DEFINITELY isn't that replacement. As to "he gives us a better chance to win but isn't better," if the rookie's better than the fifth year guy, maybe he should be on the field getting the experience to widen the gap. Hillman might improve; Ball never will.

I think Fox abandoned the whole "better chance to win" philosophy after last years fiasco. I personally think they are taking it easy and slow with Hillman from that nagging hamstring injury and he will slowly get more playing time. he also needs to improve his blocking. I think if we come out strong against SD and ahead he could get more carries. But if we are playing from behind Mcgahee will get the majority.

NightTerror218
10-10-2012, 04:54 PM

Chipper Jones

MOtorboat
10-10-2012, 04:55 PM

Um.

No.

MOtorboat
10-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Chipper Jones

Um.

No.

Day1BroncoFan
10-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Are we talkin' lance football or lance baseball?

G_Money
10-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Hillman's also like a buck eighty five, so he's not the sort of back you want running between the tackles a bunch of times, especially not behind our current G/C looks. He's more of a stretch back, and that means he's in more on passing downs, and THAT means he needs to understand the words that are coming out of Peyton Manning's mouth and be able to get the correct blitz pickups (something Moreno couldn't do either).

Few rookies are good pass blockers, and Hillman as far as I can tell is not an exception to this rule - especially at his weight. He can't throw a late shoulder into a charging 260 lb linebacker and expect to alter his trajectory much.

Hillman has potential but we'll still need another RB. Ball is better than Moreno, but neither is much help to us - and Hillman isn't replacing McGahee by himself. He doesn't have the skills or the frame for it. Making sure Ball and Moreno can never again step on the field for us - and that their replacements CAN and should - would be a good idea.

~G

NightTerror218
10-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Hillman's also like a buck eighty five, so he's not the sort of back you want running between the tackles a bunch of times, especially not behind our current G/C looks. He's more of a stretch back, and that means he's in more on passing downs, and THAT means he needs to understand the words that are coming out of Peyton Manning's mouth and be able to get the correct blitz pickups (something Moreno couldn't do either).

Few rookies are good pass blockers, and Hillman as far as I can tell is not an exception to this rule - especially at his weight. He can't throw a late shoulder into a charging 260 lb linebacker and expect to alter his trajectory much.

Hillman has potential but we'll still need another RB. Ball is better than Moreno, but neither is much help to us - and Hillman isn't replacing McGahee by himself. He doesn't have the skills or the frame for it. Making sure Ball and Moreno can never again step on the field for us - and that their replacements CAN and should - would be a good idea.

~G

he is 5'10 190 like you said he not ment to be a bruiser but he is quick and ment to get yards like Jamaal Charles not like Ray Rice. We will need a pounder for sure for goal lines.

yuhateme80
10-12-2012, 05:09 AM
U should be ripping d Thomas more then w McGahee d Thomas fumbled w/o being touched against raiders then fumbles against pats on way to scoring

Northman
10-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Ball is better than Moreno,
~G

Uh oh, no you didnt!

Jsteve01
10-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Did you just equate the best baseball player of the this generation to Lance Ball?

Yes. Yes you did.

Edit: I think you compared McGahee to A-Rod. Still not sure, though.

And you just endorsed arod as the best of his generation

MOtorboat
10-12-2012, 07:23 AM
And you just endorsed arod as the best of his generation

Yes.

Chef Zambini
10-12-2012, 09:40 AM
taking up the tangent:
I am not sure who us the BEST of this baseball generation, I just know it sure as hell aint A-rod, who isnt even the top 3 of his own team !
MO, are you sure your middle name isnt RON ?

slim
10-12-2012, 10:08 AM
It's an interesting argument. I think it's Pujols, A-rod ro Bonds...

Is anyone else in the conversation?

Dapper Dan
10-12-2012, 10:26 AM
If he would have taken HGH like everyone else, I'd have to say Ken Griffey Jr. But his ability declined with age, like most natural players.

Chef Zambini
10-12-2012, 10:28 AM
trout looks like "next" generation. Arod looks like he is going to be benched for a winner take all contest. mo's best of his generation couldnt even hold on to his fielding position when he was purchased by the yankees.now he cant even get a start.
A rod is only the richest of his generation, that does notmake him the best

slim
10-12-2012, 10:30 AM
If he would have taken HGH like everyone else, I'd have to say Ken Griffey Jr. But his ability declined with age, like most natural players.

Good call. Not sure how I could forget Griffey.

Chef Zambini
10-12-2012, 10:54 AM
ichiro has to be in the conversation, we just didnt get to see him from the start !
he is the modern day roberto clemente.

Chef Zambini
10-12-2012, 10:55 AM
the tangent is better than the topic. and ball is better than moreno.

Simple Jaded
10-13-2012, 06:38 PM

~G
Poorti$ was 185 as a rookie, Hillman actually looks a bit like a rookie Poorti$.......