PDA

View Full Version : Our Schedule

Dapper Dan
10-07-2012, 07:46 PM
So, our losses have come from teams with a combined 13-2 record, 14-2 if Houston beats the NY Jets.

Here's what's left:
Chargers
3-1
Saints
0-4
Bengals
3-2
Panthers
1-4
Chargers
3-1
Chiefs
1-4
Bucs
1-3
Raiders
1-3
Ravens
4-1
Browns
0-5
Chiefs
1-4

* 2 winless teams
* 5 one loss teams

That leaves the Chargers and the Ravens.

The Chargers were slaughtered by the Falcons. The Ravens will probably be a loss.

We shouldn't have a problem competing for the division or having a shot at the wildcard.

All we have to do is make the playoffs. It doesn't matter how we get there.

catfish
10-07-2012, 07:50 PM
So, our losses have come from teams with a combined 13-2 record, 14-2 if Houston beats the NY Jets.

Here's what's left:
Chargers
3-1
Saints
0-4
Bengals
3-2
Panthers
1-4
Chargers
3-1
Chiefs
1-4
Bucs
1-3
Raiders
1-3
Ravens
4-1
Browns
0-5
Chiefs
1-4

* 2 winless teams
* 5 one loss teams

The Chargers were slaughtered by the Falcons. The Ravens will probably be a loss.

We shouldn't have a problem competing for the division or having a shot at the wildcard.

I think you will sweep the raiders, sweep KC and split with the Chargers lose to the Ravens, and drop a random extra game just due to the any given sunday, Bengals or panthers maybe. End up 10-6, 9-7 if there is a really fluky loss like NO decides to wake up for a game or something. The question is going to be how will the chargers end up as they basically have a 2 game head start due to schedules

SR
10-07-2012, 07:55 PM
I think you will sweep the raiders, sweep KC and split with the Chargers lose to the Ravens, and drop a random extra game just due to the any given sunday, Bengals or panthers maybe. End up 10-6, 9-7 if there is a really fluky loss like NO decides to wake up for a game or something. The question is going to be how will the chargers end up as they basically have a 2 game head start due to schedules

NO will beat Denver

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Dapper Dan

Seeing as I'm going to the Bengals game, odds are that's the loss.

silkamilkamonico
Depending on what happense with sd tonight next week will be huge. Worst case scenario we are looking up at 5-1 SD, with Denver sitting at 2-4.

catfish
10-07-2012, 07:57 PM
NO will beat Denver

I don't know, I keep waiting for them to wake up and play, and they keep refusing to do so

catfish
10-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Seeing as I'm going to the Bengals game, odds are that's the loss.

the bengals are a big question mark, they lost to the Ravens and the dolphins, and beat three scrub teams so it is tough to get a read on them

Davii
10-07-2012, 08:00 PM
NO will beat Denver

You shut that damned dirty hole in your face.

catfish
10-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Depending on what happense with sd tonight next week will be huge. Worst case scenario we are looking up at 5-1 SD, with Denver sitting at 2-4.

yeah, and on paper Raiders and Kc X2 should be easy wins...but division games are weird. Still think 10-6 is likely, but would have felt better if you guys had won at least one of the three that you lost, the win against the steelers is not looking as shiny as it did at first and the raiders win, while convincing, really only proved that the raiders are just bad

CrazyHorse
Best case scenario Chargers lose tonight and we beat them next week. 9-7 or 8-8 could win the division.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall

Well, 3 GB SD will be tough to overcome. They're schedule is a joke.

catfish
10-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Best case scenario Chargers lose tonight and we beat them next week. 9-7 or 8-8 could win the division.

you almost need them to lose tonight, I see 6 wins left on their schedule

they have

broncos possible W
Browns -W
Chiefs - W
Bucs -W
Broncos -most likely L
Ravens -L
Bengals -Possible W
Steelers -possible W
Panthers -W
Jets -W
Raiders -W

SR
10-07-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't know, I keep waiting for them to wake up and play, and they keep refusing to do so

They look pretty good tonight. Of course I'm rooting for them tonight because if they win and Denver beats San Diego on MNF they're in first place but right now I'm a total skeptic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

SR
10-07-2012, 08:37 PM

I'll kick your ass old man.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Broncos are 2nd, behind NY Giants, and NE is last :eek:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56896/2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule

Davii
10-07-2012, 08:46 PM
I'll kick your ass old man.

So living in the middle of nowhere has finally cost you your sanity.

MasterShake
10-07-2012, 09:11 PM
The Saints and The Ravens are starting to look human again. I think the hellish part of our schedule is over, looking forward to some winning streaks hopefully. As everyone has pointed out, we HAVE to get off to a better start and keep our foot on the pedal. Lot of football left to play, should be fun!

jhildebrand
10-07-2012, 09:21 PM
KC in KC is no lock to be a win. They made mistake after mistake today and were still a blown, Hochuli type call, from beating the Ravens. Their D is the real deal.

jhildebrand
10-07-2012, 09:23 PM
SD is now starting to put it on in NO.

aberdien
10-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Sometimes I wonder how badass the SD/Denver rivalry would be today if Cutler was still here. He VS Rivers was fun to watch.

jhildebrand
10-07-2012, 09:44 PM
I think this team will finish about 10-6. The question will be if that is enough to qualify for the WC. I see SD finishing 11-5

TimHippo
10-07-2012, 11:00 PM
The rest of the schedule is extremely easy. I think we will lose only one more time (to either the Ravens or Chargers/Saints). But I think we will beat the Ravens. So that puts us at 12-4.

Chef Zambini
10-08-2012, 12:34 AM

Here's what's left:
Chargers WIN, if we can stop their run. they might do it for us9pass junkies)
3-1
Saintscant stop anyone, wont stop us.
0-4
Bengalsgood, but we are better
3-2
Panthers if cam plays like TEBOW, (runs0 we lose, ironic i know.

1-4
Chargers I predicted a split with the chargers so we split.
3-1
Chiefs pass the sauce the chiefs are done.
1-4
Bucs the bucs stop here, or wherever we play them.
1-3
Raiders.. of the lost art, as in the art of winning.
1-3
Ravens we lose$%&%# it !
4-1
Brownsno matter how bad it gets it will never be as bad as cleveland.
0-5
Chiefs sweep !
1-4

* 2 winless teams
* 5 one loss teams

we can win 10 more games. we can make the play-offs. our defense wont hold up, however. maybe next year we will draft and sign the people we need instead of long term projects.

catfish
10-08-2012, 08:55 AM
NO decided to play last night, so that works in your favor. SD being 3-2 is catch-able even if you split

TXBRONC
10-08-2012, 08:59 AM

Is this the way Marines say I luv ya bro?

MasterShake
10-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Well, the biggest challenger in our division is probably San Diego, unless KC can somehow find an offense to go with that brutal defense. I like our chances against San Diego at home and away this year. It would be nice to sweep the division. I think 10 wins total gets us the AFC West, but its definitely between Denver and San Diego at this point. I doubt we will see an offense like Brady and New England again this year in the regular season. That thing was a well oiled machine and you can tell they have been playing together for a long time. Now they have the dimension of a running game, which is I'm sure a response to the Giants shutting down Brady in the Super Bowl.

The loss yesterday sucks, but damn if they aren't a great team in a New England so there is no shame in it for me. Watching the game again this morning it was just cool to see two elite level QB's battle it out. Those turnovers and other mistakes killed us (a couple of runs on 3rd down late in the game still have me scratching my head).

Even after the excitement of getting Manning, in the back of my head I knew I had to temper my expectations due to the fact that this was a new team for him and he had a year off of football. The last two games showed our offense clicking a lot better than the first 3, and I expect this improvement to show even more against the next wave of competition.

I hope going into the bye week we are 3-3 and sitting on top of the AFC West. Then a good bye week to make some adjustments then we can hopefully sit back and enjoy the ride. We weathered a hell of a storm this first part of the season, and I still have a lot of confidence in this team.

Outside of our linebackers, anyway.:lol:

Chef Zambini
10-08-2012, 03:32 PM
fox is patient...
I hope he is just not a mental patient.
I still think we can go 10-6 and none of our wins and losses, so far, have surprised me.

MasterShake
10-08-2012, 03:43 PM
fox is patient...
I hope he is just not a mental patient.
I still think we can go 10-6 and none of our wins and losses, so far, have surprised me.

That's a good point I suppose. The only team I "thought" we were going to beat going in was Houston but they have proven to be a great team. I figured either a win in New England or Atlanta would have been a bonus.

Joel
10-09-2012, 12:03 AM
yeah, and on paper Raiders and Kc X2 should be easy wins...but division games are weird. Still think 10-6 is likely, but would have felt better if you guys had won at least one of the three that you lost, the win against the steelers is not looking as shiny as it did at first and the raiders win, while convincing, really only proved that the raiders are just bad
Divisional games are indeed weird, or at least unpredictable, because teams get VERY familiar playing twice a year. Thus I think we'll be lucky to sweep even one divisional opponent, which would give us 2 losses even if we split with the other two. The Ravens and Bengals are 2 more likely losses; there's a reason Baltimore had the AFCs second best record last year despite 4 games against Cincy and Pitt, and that Cincy won 9 despite 4 against them and Pitt. Best case scenario: 9-7, if we beat SD and KC once, sweep a divisional foe and win all other competitive games. If the Saints stop impersonating a HS team before we play them it's more like 8-8. Best part: We'll have to trade up for a decent draft pick, especially if we make the playoffs at 9-7.

MasterShake
10-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Divisional games are indeed weird, or at least unpredictable, because teams get VERY familiar playing twice a year. Thus I think we'll be lucky to sweep even one divisional opponent, which would give us 2 losses even if we split with the other two. The Ravens and Bengals are 2 more likely losses; there's a reason Baltimore had the AFCs second best record last year despite 4 games against Cincy and Pitt, and that Cincy won 9 despite 4 against them and Pitt. Best case scenario: 9-7, if we beat SD and KC once, sweep a divisional foe and win all other competitive games. If the Saints stop impersonating a HS team before we play them it's more like 8-8. Best part: We'll have to trade up for a decent draft pick, especially if we make the playoffs at 9-7.

I have a hard time believing we can't sweep more than 1 division opponent. We are averaging more than 27 points a game which is pretty good (Oakland and KC average 16 and 18 respectively). I know the defense is up and down, but a bad team is a bad team and we should be able to beat them.

Its really hard to tell right now because of the elite opponents we have been playing. I imagine our division games "should" look more like they did against Oakland.

Hopefully.

Chef Zambini
10-09-2012, 10:06 AM
5-1 in our division or better.
didnt we sweep our D last year, no the loss to the raiders, 5-1 i think.

MileHighCrew
10-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Denver will be fine, it is a long season and they were given a brutal start.

TXBRONC
10-09-2012, 11:32 AM
5-1 in our division or better.
didnt we sweep our D last year, no the loss to the raiders, 5-1 i think.

No. We were 3-3. We lost to all three of our divisional rivals at home and beat all three on the road.

NightTerror218
10-09-2012, 11:58 AM
new power rankings are out, we lost to 3 top 5 teams. That is not bad IMO. We are better then our record shows IMO.

underrated29
10-09-2012, 12:00 PM
we will likely lose to the saints, panthers and maybe the bengals.

We will beat the ravens and more than likely sweep the division.

10-6 at worst, but I predict something like 11-5 or 12-4

MileHighCrew
10-09-2012, 12:08 PM

What makes you think we will lose to the Panthers and Saints. Both of those teams have been disappointments.

BroncoNut
10-09-2012, 12:44 PM
any one of these games is winable as they are loseable. I think out of those we lose one that we shouldn't.

TXBRONC
10-09-2012, 01:18 PM
What makes you think we will lose to the Panthers and Saints. Both of those teams have been disappointments.

I was wondering about that myself.

BroncoNut
10-09-2012, 01:22 PM
the Saints are not as bad as their record indicates. they can move the ball and make the big plays

HORSEPOWER 56
10-09-2012, 01:48 PM
We're going to need at least 10-6 to win the division. The Sparklers will be at least 9-7 with their remaining schedule (Remember, they don't play NE or Houston so that's two teams they won't lose to) and they always seem to get hot late in the year and reel off a 6 win streak. We must win BOTH match-ups with them and sweep the division if we want to win it. I count Baltimore as a loss (perhaps prematurely depending on our improvement between now and then) and Cincy is no slouch, either. The Saints are also a threat. They have the same offense as years past and if you don't think Drew Brees can do what Brady did to us last week, stand by...

The Wildcard will be interesting this year because there are likely two divisions that won't compete for it (AFC East, which NE will win and I don't think the other teams have much chance of, and the AFC South which probably won't have a contender unless Indy really is for real). That leaves the AFC North and West with the likely Wildcard chances meaning it will come down to the wire between Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cincy, SD, and Denver for 4 spots (2 division champs and 2 wildcards) and Pittsburgh has shown they're more than beatable losing to the Raiders. We just need to win some damned games. We can't count on wins. Nobody on our schedule is just going to roll over for us, and we've still been relatively lucky with injuries thus far. Other than Kuper and the loss of Warren in game one, no major starters have really missed time. I just hope the luck can continue. If McGahee gets his seasonal couple-of-games injury, our running game is in deep shit unless we can find a true power back out there. We do still have JJ on the PS but that leaves us with 3 third down backs and Lance Ball... yuck. I also think our WR depth is suspect and if Deck or Demaryius go down, who starts? Stokely? Caldwell? Willis? Yuck.

MileHighCrew
10-09-2012, 02:00 PM
the Saints are not as bad as their record indicates. they can move the ball and make the big plays
I think we are better than our record too. We have loses to 3 of the top 5 teams in the league in Manning's first 5 games in over a year, with a new team and new coaches.

Dapper Dan
10-09-2012, 02:10 PM

Lose to Carolina and beat Baltimore? I'm not so sure.

Day1BroncoFan
10-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I think Denver will be lucky to get 10 wins this year depending on who gets hot the last half of the season. If the Broncos beat SD on Monday and get hot it could be better.

NightTerror218
10-09-2012, 02:17 PM

Panthers are horrible, bengals are average, 500 team or slightly better, Saints have a horrible defense and with HC gone they are not the same team. I think we will lose to Ravens, they have our number.

BroncoNut
10-09-2012, 02:18 PM
I think Denver will be lucky to get 10 wins this year depending on who gets hot the last half of the season. If the Broncos beat SD on Monday and get hot it could be better.

that's the thing with football and the NFL in particular. the whole scene can change over a couple of weeks.

Dapper Dan
10-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Dammit, we better beat the Bengals.

TXBRONC
10-09-2012, 03:33 PM
We're going to need at least 10-6 to win the division. The Sparklers will be at least 9-7 with their remaining schedule (Remember, they don't play NE or Houston so that's two teams they won't lose to) and they always seem to get hot late in the year and reel off a 6 win streak. We must win BOTH match-ups with them and sweep the division if we want to win it. I count Baltimore as a loss (perhaps prematurely depending on our improvement between now and then) and Cincy is no slouch, either. The Saints are also a threat. They have the same offense as years past and if you don't think Drew Brees can do what Brady did to us last week, stand by...

The Wildcard will be interesting this year because there are likely two divisions that won't compete for it (AFC East, which NE will win and I don't think the other teams have much chance of, and the AFC South which probably won't have a contender unless Indy really is for real). That leaves the AFC North and West with the likely Wildcard chances meaning it will come down to the wire between Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cincy, SD, and Denver for 4 spots (2 division champs and 2 wildcards) and Pittsburgh has shown they're more than beatable losing to the Raiders. We just need to win some damned games. We can't count on wins. Nobody on our schedule is just going to roll over for us, and we've still been relatively lucky with injuries thus far. Other than Kuper and the loss of Warren in game one, no major starters have really missed time. I just hope the luck can continue. If McGahee gets his seasonal couple-of-games injury, our running game is in deep shit unless we can find a true power back out there. We do still have JJ on the PS but that leaves us with 3 third down backs and Lance Ball... yuck. I also think our WR depth is suspect and if Deck or Demaryius go down, who starts? Stokely? Caldwell? Willis? Yuck.

Stokley is still a solid receiver but the problem we've always is that he tends to break down .

Joel
10-10-2012, 05:03 AM
KC in KC usually stomps our butts, even in good years. Last year was only our fourth Arrowhead win in a decade.

I have a hard time believing we can't sweep more than 1 division opponent. We are averaging more than 27 points a game which is pretty good (Oakland and KC average 16 and 18 respectively). I know the defense is up and down, but a bad team is a bad team and we should be able to beat them.

Its really hard to tell right now because of the elite opponents we have been playing. I imagine our division games "should" look more like they did against Oakland.

Hopefully.
We're scoring a lot of points because we've been blown out four times and spent most of the second half playing hurry up against prevent D while the opposing offense called runs we knew were coming to kill the clock. We managed to get within a score doing that all but the last time, but don't kid yourself that makes us a good offense. The Pats D is garbage GOOD offenses light up like a pinball machine; ours left at least 6 (and probably closer to 10) on the field. For all the game talk about the Falcons "hurry up defense," against a GOOD offense that just means lots of guys out of position as the offense scores TDs like they aren't even there (because they usually aren't.) Instead, our field general was confused and scored TDs for THEM (in his defense, it was his second game in a year and a half.) KC scored more points than us on Atlanta.

Dammit, we better beat the Bengals.
That's probably our only shot, especially since the wildcard is likely to come down to us vs. them or Pitt (whom we already beat.) Sorry, guys, but any playoff picture that goes "first we sweep the division..." has major problems that should be obvious.

NightTerror218
10-10-2012, 12:13 PM
our schedule.......

is going to get a lot easier from her on out til Ravens game