Bring in Denver McFadden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcssslTgHBQ

Please?

Tned
11-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Bring in Denver McFadden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcssslTgHBQ

Please?

McFadden is having an off year, due to injuries and Ark really struggling. However, even with that, we probably won't be in a position to draft him without trading to move up in the draft.

TXBRONC
11-04-2007, 03:37 PM
McFadden is having an off year, due to injuries and Ark really struggling. However, even with that, we probably won't be in a position to draft him without trading to move up in the draft.

Right now we don't have the ammo (draft picks) to move up.

Tned
11-04-2007, 03:43 PM

Yea, and while we will probably just be cutting him, if there was any thought in keeping Henry, this long delay in getting his suspension sorted out means instead of just missing the first 6 or so games next year, he is basically gong to miss the entire season.

silkamilkamonico
11-04-2007, 03:53 PM

I would say his performance last night has turned his off year back into a Heisman contention, and there's a lot of people that agree with that statement.

Krugan
11-04-2007, 03:54 PM
We need some DT's.

We need some Oline.

We need some Safties.

We need some LBR's.

We need some coaching changes.

We need to get this season over with so I dont have to hear it about it every monday...

BaiLeY324
11-04-2007, 03:58 PM

If we lose out we'll have the first pick in the draft. Guaranteed.

BaiLeY324
11-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Do you see what Peterson is doing right now? Yeah, that's the kind of play we'd get if we drafted McFadden.

Why do you people not want that? It'd be the spark we need.

We don't need defensive players, our defense is set really, we just need to dump Bates and implement a new scheme that excels with our personnel.

We need that gamebreaker more than anything

NameUsedBefore
11-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Our defense is awful and you want a runningback...?

TXBRONC
11-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Yea, and while we will probably just be cutting him, if there was any thought in keeping Henry, this long delay in getting his suspension sorted out means instead of just missing the first 6 or so games next year, he is basically gong to miss the entire season.

If Henry gets suspended I really cannot see anyway that Shanahan would keep him.

SBboundBRONCOS
11-04-2007, 04:12 PM

you really think so huh :confused:

not a chance, if we do miss mcfadden i would like to get felix jones from AK a littler later in the draft

SBboundBRONCOS
11-04-2007, 04:14 PM
If Henry gets suspended I really cannot see anyway that Shanahan would keep him.

wouldnt we have to wait untill the suspension is over or something.

no that cant be right because of the bears and tank, but i hope we are able to ge most of our money back. we will be lossing a lot of cpa this year and hopefully we can get 1-2 big name FA like turner, barber or briggs and then get some good draft picks

Krugan
11-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Do you see what Peterson is doing right now? Yeah, that's the kind of play we'd get if we drafted McFadden.

We don't need defensive players, our defense is set really, we just need to dump Bates and implement a new scheme that excels with our personnel.

uhhh what?

We have the worst rushing D in the league, and on top of that our secondary got lit up today. We got very little pressure with the front four, and when we did, it didnt finish the job.

Yea there are missing pieces on the Offensive side, but I cant help but think that a couple big old DT's wouldnt help shore up this poor poor run D.

TXBRONC
11-04-2007, 05:19 PM
wouldnt we have to wait untill the suspension is over or something.

no that cant be right because of the bears and tank, but i hope we are able to ge most of our money back. we will be lossing a lot of cpa this year and hopefully we can get 1-2 big name FA like turner, barber or briggs and then get some good draft picks

Wasn't Tank Johnson released by the Bears before his suspension was over?

SBboundBRONCOS
11-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Wasn't Tank Johnson released by the Bears before his suspension was over?

yeah thats what i was saying, i corrected myself in the post because im too pissed to delte right now

TXBRONC
11-04-2007, 05:46 PM

The Lions last season finished 3-13 and ended with the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

BaiLeY324
11-04-2007, 06:33 PM
The Lions last season finished 3-13 and ended with the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

But they still got the best player in the draft. So did the Saints the year before.

You guys realize that if we had Coyer, we'd be a top 5 D this year right? It's not the players, it's the coaches. It's the scheme.

Bates sucks, not the players.

TXBRONC
11-04-2007, 07:09 PM
But they still got the best player in the draft. So did the Saints the year before.

You guys realize that if we had Coyer, we'd be a top 5 D this year right? It's not the players, it's the coaches. It's the scheme.

Bates sucks, not the players.

It seemed to me that you were saying that we would have the overall number one pick which isn't necessarily the case. Also if the reports are correct the Jerry Jones very much wants to draft McFadden and he has the picks to broker a deal to get him if we don't hold the overall number one pick.

Escobar
11-04-2007, 07:10 PM
It seemed to me that you were saying that we would have the overall number one pick which isn't necessarily the case. Also if the reports are correct the Jerry Jones very much wants to draft McFadden and he has the picks to broker a deal to get him if we don't hold the overall number one pick.

Yes, he has the browns 1st round pick.

DenBronx
11-04-2007, 10:15 PM
dmac would be sweet. if henry gets banned i fully expect the broncos to cut him. if henry wants to be a bronco again one day then fine but he will serve his year first. id rather us get a rookie like dmac to grow along with cutler and marshal.

last year i was hoping we would trade up for lynch or peterson. well....either one of those guys would have made a big impact here.

nelson would have been a good choice....why in the hell did shanny have to trade up for moss?

i think we need a new gm and let the gm make the major decisions.

underrated29
11-04-2007, 11:00 PM
did you guys watch this game?

I dont care about injuries, but the Oline was more like the NOline. How do you expect dmac to run for anywhere when he can barely get the handoff before being tackled.

We desperately need oline,dline, and linebacker. Saftey is also a huge need now that lynch cant finish a game. Rb is a need but not as big.

I see only one improbable solution. We sign fanaca, a saftey, and make a trade for julius peppers or whoever that guys was, and then draft stewart for rb or a badazz lb, Then draft more of them, because we need them. And wr aswell.

Rb, just isnt a priority right now. Defenese and oline are. The rest we can fill in until next year.

BaiLeY324
11-04-2007, 11:23 PM
did you guys watch this game?

I dont care about injuries, but the Oline was more like the NOline. How do you expect dmac to run for anywhere when he can barely get the handoff before being tackled.

We desperately need oline,dline, and linebacker. Saftey is also a huge need now that lynch cant finish a game. Rb is a need but not as big.

I see only one improbable solution. We sign fanaca, a saftey, and make a trade for julius peppers or whoever that guys was, and then draft stewart for rb or a badazz lb, Then draft more of them, because we need them. And wr aswell.

Rb, just isnt a priority right now. Defenese and oline are. The rest we can fill in until next year.

We're going to have a top 5-10 pick this year, if we are in position to take McFadden, there's no way we can pass up on him.

I agree that we need line, on both sides. But that can be found later. A guy like McFadden can't.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Denver is picking #12 right now. Denver is in no position to trade up for anyone. It's unlikely we'll pick in the top five. Regardless of where we're drafting, we must trade down to accumulate selections.

DenBronx
11-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Denver is picking #12 right now. Denver is in no position to trade up for anyone. It's unlikely we'll pick in the top five. Regardless of where we're drafting, we must trade down to accumulate selections.

that rarely happens in denver.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 02:30 AM
dmac would be sweet. if henry gets banned i fully expect the broncos to cut him. if henry wants to be a bronco again one day then fine but he will serve his year first. id rather us get a rookie like dmac to grow along with cutler and marshal.

last year i was hoping we would trade up for lynch or peterson. well....either one of those guys would have made a big impact here.

nelson would have been a good choice....why in the hell did shanny have to trade up for moss?

i think we need a new gm and let the gm make the major decisions.

While we don't know for sure I think the likelihood of Henry getting a one year suspension is very high. That being said, the way this appeal process is going it looks like Henry could actually have two wasted season. The rest of this one that is if his hearing mid November goes against him and then really all of next season is pretty much wasted because of the timing of the suspension.

Shanahan and his staff were under the impression that someone else was going to grap Moss at the time of his selection that's why he traded up. Also defensive line at that time was much bigger need than safety.

underrated29
11-05-2007, 10:29 AM
i think after the game it is obvious that oline and dline and lb are the top choices.

We can find another rb to replace travis-chris brown, Ron dayne might get released,if dallas gets dmac they will probably release juluis, reuben droughns will also probably be cut, as well as tatum bell.

Not the best selection, but hey 3 of them have already played for us, so they could be decent fillers until next the next year.

We got to protect the qb and get off the field on 3rd down

Medford Bronco
11-05-2007, 10:32 AM
i think after the game it is obvious that oline and dline and lb are the top choices.

We can find another rb to replace travis-chris brown, Ron dayne might get released,if dallas gets dmac they will probably release juluis, reuben droughns will also probably be cut, as well as tatum bell.

Not the best selection, but hey 3 of them have already played for us, so they could be decent fillers until next the next year.

We got to protect the qb and get off the field on 3rd down

I would take Julus Jones. He could do well here IMO

Mike
11-05-2007, 12:24 PM

Peterson is doing that behind a very solid o-line. Denver's is anything but solid.

If Denver drafts a RB in the first round....:laser:

The Denver SBs were built upon the solid foundation of the O-line and the D-line. I will preach it til I am blue in the face. Championships are built around your o and d lines...not on flashy superstars.

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Peterson is doing that behind a very solid o-line. Denver's is anything but solid.

If Denver drafts a RB in the first round....:laser:

The Denver SBs were built upon the solid foundation of the O-line and the D-line. I will preach it til I am blue in the face. Championships are built around your o and d lines...not on flashy superstars.

outstanding post..

Adrian P is for sure behind a quality OLINE better than our NOline for certain..

But even though getting a couple of massive DT in the off season should be the highest priority. After that most of the other problems become MUCH smaller at least on Defense.

I think this OLINE will do OK when it has had more than a few practices to work with each other... BUT It will never solve the problem in the redzone until we completely replace it with BEEF. When you guys are being out weighed by the goal line unit by 25-60 pounds. you stand virtually no chance at beating them for power runs. Will we get a few from time to time sure but mainly because almost all of the other tools in the quiver are NOT working right now, most of them are in the repair shop getting welded.

Skinny
11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
I don't see the O-line getting much better. Some ... with more time together but what we see is what we're going to get.

Moving people out of the way when Gibbs was here was never a problem. His backbone was coaching more 'technique', than strength. The 'coaching' is not there anymore IMO (ex.George Foster) and unless Mikey does something about that it in this up coming off-season, maybe getting McFadden (if possible) would be a great way to offset the drop off in that area.

Lord knows i've been as against shiny objects in the first round as anyone else. But the O-line worries are hitting me quicker than i anticipated ...

BroncoAV06
11-05-2007, 03:07 PM

Yes sir I don't think the Broncos could out do Jones. He was at the SC/Ark game this weekend, has 2 first rounders next year, surplus of backs, Barber/Jones and will make a move to get McFadden. I don't think the Broncos are going to end up drafting first overall which is what it would take to get McFadden if a team decides to deal with DAL. He is most likely going to come out, what else does he have to do in Ark, no QB, tough SEC, money/money/money.

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't see the O-line getting much better. Some ... with more time together but what we see is what we're going to get.

Moving people out of the way when Gibbs was here was never a problem. His backbone was coaching more 'technique', than strength. The 'coaching' is not there anymore IMO (ex.George Foster) and unless Mikey does something about that it in this up coming off-season, maybe getting McFadden (if possible) would be a great way to offset the drop off in that area.

Lord knows I've been as against shiny objects in the first round as anyone else. But the O-line worries are hitting me quicker than i anticipated ...

McFadden as good as he is could not have run behind this NOLINE any better than Thenry or Young for that matter.

Now that said the current coaching teaches what Gibbs did they are his disciples ..... Gibbs also had IMO better talent to worked with during the Superbowl years an older group that was not wanted by their old teams any longer (for the most part)..

Quality veterans that bought into the Zone blocking system to prolong their careers..

Besides that they had TD, John, Sharpe, a young Rod and then Eddie MAC. that is a pretty impressive group of HOF talent...

we do not have that caliber of players behind this NOline YET.

This patchwork group will get better once they have played next to each other for a while. In the run scheme that is important for everyone knowing what the guy next to him is going to do..

Make this analogy the Budweiser Clydesdale's if they have two horse going the different direction how far would they get.

Now drop back pass protection is another world in itself.. But we are running team for the most part and that sets up play action passing ...

Lonestar
11-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Yes sir I don't think the Broncos could out do Jones. He was at the SC/Ark game this weekend, has 2 first rounders next year, surplus of backs, Barber/Jones and will make a move to get McFadden. I don't think the Broncos are going to end up drafting first overall which is what it would take to get McFadden if a team decides to deal with DAL. He is most likely going to come out, what else does he have to do in Ark, no QB, tough SEC, money/money/money.

Your correct he is a lunatic will spend whatever he has to to get the guy he wants and since this kid is playing at his alma matter the sky could be the limit ..

speardog
11-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Denver needs to draft this guy and at the rate they are going they can probably even trade down a little to get him.

http://www.bevosports.com/images/texas-espn-cover.jpg

6'5" 350 lbs.

Frank Okam

Nothing flashy but he is huge and a good run stuffer. I'm not sure where he will go but he doesn't get too much pub. I imagine Denver can get him in the middle of the first round.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/28/283971.jpg

http://blogs.chron.com/longhorns/okam_frank_092105_300.jpg

http://www.cnnsi.com/football/ncaa/specials/preview/2006/scout.report/photos/texas.jpg

Texas A&M also has a huge DT, I can't remember his name though.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 05:07 PM

I would love to get McFadden and if end up with the number one pick then yeah I think Shanahan would take him in a heart beat and rightfully so. If we finished and end up number two in the pecking order we might still have a chance at him depending on whose ahead of us. Trouble is I don't see picking that high. We might be in the top ten but that still remains to be seen.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Frank Okam has lost a lot of weight and he's not at 350 anymore. 325 would probably the better estimate. Red Bryant is the guy from A and M.

Skinny
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Now that said the current coaching teaches what Gibbs did they are his disciples ..... Gibbs also had IMO better talent to worked with during the Superbowl years an older group that was not wanted by their old teams any longer (for the most part)..They did'nt have to teach much do to the fact that so many O-lineman that Gibbs taught stuck around for so long. Nalen, Lepsis and Hamilton are players who have Gibbs coaching/teaching. When those guys are gone for good , then (like now) we will get the full gauge of what the current coach is able to 'teach'.

And it's IMO, the sh!t has'nt hit the fan yet.

I'm hoping for the best as we all are ... i'm just not holding my breathe ...

Skywalker
11-05-2007, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't mind getting Jamaal Charles later on...

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't mind getting Jamaal Charles later on...

I'm kind of iffy on Charles. I know he has terrific speed but I'm not sure how he would do running between the tackles.

Skywalker
11-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm kind of iffy on Charles. I know he has terrific speed but I'm not sure how he would do running between the tackles.

I loved him when he was a freshman, and I'm a bit iffy on him too....but like I said, I really wouldnt mind spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him. Now if he's projected in the 1st round I wouldnt want him.

TXBRONC
11-05-2007, 11:50 PM
I loved him when he was a freshman, and I'm a bit iffy on him too....but like I said, I really wouldn't mind spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him. Now if he's projected in the 1st round I wouldn't want him.

Same here I would be comfortable taking him as a 2nd rounder or later but not as 1st round pick.