PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 8/9/09 afternoon report by pnbronco

pnbronco
08-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Practice started today with everyone in pads.

First special teams started with kick off coverage. They worked a lot today doing onside kicks and making sure the ball went 10 yards. When kicking to the end zone I kept hearing a lot of yelling saying squeeze the wedge. I also noticed that special teams worked as if it was really windy and tried different players holding the ball like Alphonso and Renaldo.

The O and D did lots and lots of walk throughs today, and did a lot blocking practices. For awhile they had one O on 2 D in blocking. Even LaMont Jordan and Spencer Larsen were working one on one with a coach and practicing blocking.

For awhile one of the coaches worked with the QB's today in doing footwork and then a quick pass.

Knowshon Moreno looked really good at times and then missed the hole several times. I think he did a good job for the first day. He seemed to hang out a lot with Ayers when he could. Buckhalter looked really good. He was hitting the holes fast and he reads seem to getting better and better. Every time I saw Peyton he looked great.

It was nice to see Nic Clemons working out there again, I think he was working with the 2nd D, but he was out there in blue.

Elvis recovery a fumble today, not sure who fumbled though.

There was lots and lots of passing practices today. Throwing to RB, WR and TE's. All QB's worked out but Orton had the most reps. It seemed like they were working with Simms to throwing more quick short passes. He has a nice throw, so it was good to see him not taking so long.

Orton did so much better today. They were not all great Champ picked one off and Goodman broke one up. Tony dropped a few, one bounced out of Stokley's hands. Then there was a long and I mean a long beauty to Stokley, in fact there were 2 longs ones to Stokley today and both were beautiful.

McKinley looked really good with all the QB's today, Tom threw one too high but he leaped up and caught it. Champ also intercepted Simms. Orton did a lot of quick short passes too. I remember he hit Scheff a lot and had a nice, long one to him too. He just did such a better job with all the WR's and TE's and I don't the he hung out RB's like he has in the past. They all seemed much more comfortable with each other. Royal had another solid day, but Champ did give him fits here and there, it can only be good for him. The other WR I keep noticing over and over was Jabar Gaffney he just seemed to catch everything that came his way.

Didn't really focus on D today. At times they had some nice pressure, esp on runs. They would of sacked Orton once for sure, but couldn't say much more than that.

Today Nate Swift was taking the kick off's. He worked with the team when they were practicing the onside and the long ones. Matt P. kicked a bunch into the end zone and Nate seemed to be there most of the time.

The last thing I noticed today was that at the end of practice the players have to run from one side line to the other and back I think 3 separate times. They run in groups, so big guys are with other big guys. Ayers was falling behind every time in his group and could hardly make it back each time, I could hear McDaniels calling out "Robert keep up, move". Not sure what that means, but I don't think it was good.

Something different today was that they played rock music when they did their 11 on 11 drills. I really did enjoy the Led Zepplin. That's all I remember right now, have a nice day off tomorrow...p

WARHORSE
08-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Awesome Pn..............thanks for taking the time to do that for us.

Must be tough gettin to watch the Broncos up close and live, huh? ;)

pnbronco
08-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Awesome Pn..............thanks for taking the time to do that for us.

Must be tough gettin to watch the Broncos up close and live, huh? ;)

Yup having to put the sun block on it super hard. Thanks for the sweet note.

I am starting to figure out a few of the new faces I'm totally sounding like a person without a life when I hear other fans saying who's that and I say the name out loud before they can look it up. You should see the strange looks I'm getting as I'm writing my notes in my Snoopy note book...you guys get what you get from me....:D

anton...
08-10-2009, 01:36 AM
this is good stuff!

keep it up

frenchfan
08-10-2009, 01:40 AM
this is good stuff!

keep it upCan't say it better :D

:beer:

SoCalImport
08-10-2009, 02:46 AM
thanks for the report.

Not worried about Ayers conditioning. He'll improve. Anyone hear anything about Ayers sucking wind at practice before this?

Tned
08-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the report, pn.

It's especially good to hear that Orton and the receivers had a good day, as they are likely going to be the key in terms of how far the Broncos go this year.

broncofaninfla
08-10-2009, 08:20 AM
PN, How does McBean look? In your opinion who will be out starting DL?

pnbronco
08-10-2009, 08:50 AM
PN, How does McBean look? In your opinion who will be out starting DL?

I'm sorry bf I'm not really sure. I have noticed Fields and Kenny Peterson more on the line and that's because Kenny's a friend of mine. I really don't understand the different positions, remember I'm the female quilter. I happen to have not scheduled travel during the month of Aug so I can head down there more than most. I will try to make a effort to notice the next time I go down there. I don't think I can go in the am, but will try in the pm tomorrow.

TXBRONC
08-10-2009, 08:53 AM
I totally appreciate the camp report Pn. In McDaniels press conference after practice he talked about having to chew out a couple of players for loafing a little bit. It sounds like Ayers was one of the guys he's chewing on so I wondering if there anyone else that was getting chewed out?

One last thing, Dumervil coming up with a fumble isn't anything unusual for him. The guy has a nose for the ball.