PDA

View Full Version : Dj suspended 3 more games

NightTerror218
10-05-2012, 04:42 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_21708662/d-j-williams-suspended-additional-three-games-by

and the hits just keep on coming to DJ......at least he can play in the post season :D

I am not sure how much slack the team is going to give him. He has to be at the end of his rope

MileHighCrew
10-05-2012, 04:54 PM
he should be really fresh for the playoffs.......:rolleyes:

cmc0605
10-05-2012, 05:03 PM
At this point, I think Wesley Woodyard took the OLB position from him, but I'd still like to see D.J. in rotation...especially on obvious passing downs. He is more athletic than Mays or Brooking, and still has unquestionable talent. Hopefully he can get his act together and be ready for the second half of the season.

Ravage!!!
10-05-2012, 05:05 PM
DJ is much better than Woodyard, but we'll see how things happen at the end of the year

Chef Zambini
10-05-2012, 05:27 PM
recent articles reveiled that thanks to the CBA, the broncos are NOT allowed to dump DJ during his suspension.
so when it comes to an end, its likely so will his employment with the broncos.

NightTerror218
10-05-2012, 05:28 PM
recent articles reveiled that thanks to the CBA, the broncos are NOT allowed to dump DJ during his suspension.
so when it comes to an end, its likely so will his employment with the broncos.

possible, but he is still the best at his position we have on the field. Until they are confident that he is replaced i think not. They are already thin at LB as it is.

MOtorboat
10-05-2012, 05:31 PM
The Broncos aren't dumping Williams mid season.

BeefStew25
10-05-2012, 05:36 PM
We need DJ and i dispise him worse than Canadian beer truck drivers.

Dapper Dan
10-05-2012, 06:06 PM
It doesn't matter how good a player is, he doesn't do much good sitting at home. I really hope we trade him whenever we can. I was hoping it would have happened already.

NightTerror218
10-05-2012, 06:10 PM
It doesn't matter how good a player is, he doesn't do much good sitting at home. I really hope we trade him whenever we can. I was hoping it would have happened already.

you know he is not being paid right? Only down side is that he is not on the field.

Dapper Dan
10-05-2012, 06:15 PM
you know he is not being paid right? Only down side is that he is not on the field.

My issue isn't the pay. It's the fact that he keeps messing up and getting suspended. Get rid of him and get someone who will actually step on the field. Someone who's available all season long, barring injury. DJ is good enough to have decent trade value.

Dzone
10-05-2012, 06:35 PM
DJ is a class act Im tellin ya.
His tweet of the playbook was brilliant

NightTerror218
10-05-2012, 06:44 PM
My issue isn't the pay. It's the fact that he keeps messing up and getting suspended. Get rid of him and get someone who will actually step on the field. Someone who's available all season long, barring injury. DJ is good enought to have decent trade value.

he is really good when on the field. if he can stay on the field. but he does not impact the 53 roster when suspended. I am hoping going months without a paycheck will be a nice slap in face to stop screwing up.

vettesplus
10-05-2012, 06:54 PM
i wish they would just cut his lame ass and maybe he can join the raiders and feel right at home

ShaneFalco
10-05-2012, 07:00 PM
wow dj. cmon man.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-05-2012, 07:12 PM
The Broncos will be without linebacker D.J. Williams for three additional weeks.

The NFL on Friday afternoon announced Williams is not allowed to return to the Broncos until Nov. 12, formally adding three games to his previous six-game suspension.

In addition to this week's game at New England and the Oct. 15 game at San Diego, Williams will also be forced to sit out of Denver's games against New Orleans, Cincinnati and Carolina, as well as remain away from the team during the bye week.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_21708662/d-j-williams-suspended-additional-three-games-by

Dzone
10-05-2012, 09:11 PM
DJ is not going to be missed. Brooking is having a pro bowl year. Brooking has 13 tackles, 4th on the team, and with not much playing time. Everyone else is filling in fine.
We will have DJ and Knowshon, both DUI guys, with fresh legs for the playoffs if they can stay out of the bars

MOtorboat
10-05-2012, 09:40 PM
LOL at Brooking having a "Pro Bowl year."

Lol.

Dzone
10-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Oh hell yes. We'll be voting Brooking for his 5th pro bowl :salute:

summit pass
10-05-2012, 09:55 PM
I say when he gets back, DJ should be the starting MLB. Woodyard weak side, Mays back to special teams.

Rick
10-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Woodyard leads the team in total tackles and has 1.5 sacks to go along with it on a team that is currently 8th in total defense. I wouldn't want to award him by putting him back on the bench as soon as DJ comes back.+

If they want to play him, put him in for Mays.

sneakers
10-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Sweeet! 3 more weeks away from the team in which he has an opportunity to get suspended some more!!!

summit pass
10-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Woodyard leads the team in total tackles and has 1.5 sacks to go along with it on a team that is currently 8th in total defense. I wouldn't want to award him by putting him back on the bench as soon as DJ comes back.+

If they want to play him, put him in for Mays. That's just what I said, apparently you didn't read my post?

tomjonesrocks
10-06-2012, 03:13 AM
No surprise, I remember reading about this going to happen shortly after the drunk driving conviction.

Why these rich guys don't roll in a limo when they're drinking I have no idea.

Army Bronco
10-06-2012, 03:44 AM
So...what is the purpose of a suspension? For the player to suffer loss of money or for them not to repeat the offense? Though he may have been our best choice at LB, he will have missed to much game time experience and practice to be at a high level upon return. He was never an elite LB so im not sure he is worth all the trouble. He was getting beat by TEs regularly before his suspension, what about after?

Rick
10-06-2012, 09:47 AM
That's just what I said, apparently you didn't read my post?

Chill out.

Just because you say it means I can't agree or expound on it?

Deal with it.

Ravage!!!
10-06-2012, 12:24 PM

If they want to play him, put him in for Mays.

I'm guessing you mean "reward" him by puttin him on the bench. But the truth is, DJ is still a better player. If DJ comes back, and is a better player than who's on the field, I want him ON the field... period. Woodyard is ok. He's alright, but he's not as good as DJ and never will be. He's a good back-up/fill-in type of LB that even if/when DJ is gone from this team, will be replaced.

Rick
10-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Your right, DJ is a better player, but DJ is also a better MLB than Mays IMO.

So real question is is the defense better with Miller, DJ, Woodyard...or Miller, Mays, DJ.

I personally believe the former.

Ravage!!!
10-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Your right, DJ is a better player, but DJ is also a better MLB than Mays IMO.

So real question is is the defense better with Miller, DJ, Woodyard...or Miller, Mays, DJ.

I personally believe the former.

Not sure that is true. DJ is a better athlete than Mays, but I don't think DJ is a better 43 MLB than Mays is. Its a different type of mindset when playing MLB than outside LB. DJ would still try to take"angles" on the inside holes to make tackles instead of meeting things up like a freight train.

You might be right, but I just dont see them moving DJ to MLB at this point.

DenBronx
10-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Just ship his ass to the raiders already.

Nomad
10-06-2012, 02:04 PM
I don't care how much better he is than the next guy, DJ is worthless to the BRONCOS sitting at home. People like this cannot be helped....next year it'll be something else.

Dapper Dan
10-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Mays has produced 10 more tackles than DJ this season.

Chef Zambini
10-06-2012, 02:29 PM
I would not be surprised if DJ never plays another game in a bronco uniform.

Chillez
10-07-2012, 01:21 AM
As huge DJ supporter his act is growing old and tiresome. My gut feeling is telling me after the season he's longer a Bronco.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2012, 07:48 PM
A Denver County judge today delayed the sentencing of Broncos linebacker Genos "D.J." Williams until Oct. 24 following his recent DWAI conviction.

Because this is Williams' second drunken driving-related offense, he could face between 10 days and a year in jail for the misdemeanor and will have to spend two years on probation.

A spokesperson for the Denver District Attorney's Office said Williams will be eligible for in-home detention or work release.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21732520/denver-judge-delays-sentencing-drunken-driving-case-broncos