PDA

View Full Version : New Lincoln Trailer

MasterShake
10-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Wow, this movie is looking better and better all the time. Spielberg and Daniel Day Lewis? You can bet I will be there. This ad played during the debates last night and was the most interesting part:

F_PfTl63qQQ

Buff
10-04-2012, 09:21 AM
I got a semi watching it last night. "I am the President of the United States of America, clothed in immense power!"

Love DDL.

BroncoJoe
10-04-2012, 09:24 AM
I hadn't seen the trailer or info on the movie until last night. Looks awesome!

BroncoNut
10-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Wow, this movie is looking better and better all the time. Spielberg and Daniel Day Lewis? You can bet I will be there. This ad played during the debates last night and was the most interesting part:

F_PfTl63qQQ

it DOES look good. I like DDL. surprised his acting career has been relatively inactive.

chazoe60
10-04-2012, 09:31 AM
it DOES look good. I like DDL. surprised his acting career has been relatively inactive.
He's very selective with the roles he takes. IMHO he's the best actor who ever lived. I loved him as the Butcher in Gangs of New York.

Buff
10-04-2012, 09:38 AM
He's very selective with the roles he takes. IMHO he's the best actor who ever lived. I loved him as the Butcher in Gangs of New York.

He was awesome in There Will Be Blood as well.

chazoe60
10-04-2012, 09:42 AM
He was awesome in There Will Be Blood as well.

Yes, I loved that one also. Have you ever seen In the Name of the Father?

BroncoNut
10-04-2012, 09:58 AM
I spose if I were going to get a trailor, I'd go with Chevy before Ford.

BigDaddyBronco
10-04-2012, 10:01 AM
DDL in Last of the Mohicans. I stop and watch that every time I run across it.

He was phenomenal in There Will Be Blood.

MasterShake
10-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I got a semi watching it last night. "I am the President of the United States of America, clothed in immense power!"

Love DDL.

From the descriptions of Lincoln's voice in various books I've read, sounds like he nailed that too. Very impressive character actor all around.

In case anyone missed it, heres a pick of Lewis at a local diner during filming. How cool would it have been to come across this scene?

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/First-look-at-Daniel-Day-Lewis-as-Lincoln-daniel-day-lewis-27619596-450-6001.jpg

CoachChaz
10-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I was so immersed in the trailer that I missed the release date. What was it again?

CoachChaz
10-04-2012, 10:05 AM

Gangs of New York was amazing. He was WAY better than Leo

chazoe60
10-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Gangs of New York was amazing. He was WAY better than Leo

Can't blame Leo for that though, that's like being one of two special guests at a humanitarian awards dinner and the other guest is Mother Theresa.

MasterShake
10-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Gotta love the upcoming movie season. Lincoln (November 9) tops my list but I am also very much looking forward to Django Unchained around Christmas and Cloud Atlas on October 26th. After a pretty dissapointing summer outside of The Avengers and The Dark Knight, its nice to see some good more adult themed movies coming out.

MasterShake
10-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Also the new Bond movie Skyfall looks great, as does Seven Psychopaths. Good stuff coming down the pipe. Just looked at the release schedule.

BigDaddyBronco
10-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Isn't the first part of The Hobbit comming out in December?

BroncoNut
10-04-2012, 10:47 AM

he's good in everything I've seen him in, never saw the Gangs of New York. He was great in Name of the Father

BroncoNut
10-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Gotta love the upcoming movie season. Lincoln (November 9) tops my list but I am also very much looking forward to Django Unchained around Christmas and Cloud Atlas on October 26th. After a pretty dissapointing summer outside of The Avengers and The Dark Knight, its nice to see some good more adult themed movies coming out.

there is a demonic movie coming out soon too. yes, I too have been interested in what's qued up

MasterShake
10-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Isn't the first part of The Hobbit comming out in December?

Yes, though for some reason I just can't get excited about it. I loved the LOTR movies, but I never really cared for the Hobbit story. I'll probably still check it out though.

NightTerror218
10-04-2012, 11:45 AM
LOOKS GOOD

speaking on Lincoln and one see the vampire hunter one?

NightTerror218
10-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Yes, though for some reason I just can't get excited about it. I loved the LOTR movies, but I never really cared for the Hobbit story. I'll probably still check it out though.

I like it as a stand alone book, the other books JRRT wrote sucks that I read so far.

MasterShake
10-04-2012, 11:50 AM
I like it as a stand alone book, the other books JRRT wrote sucks that I read so far.

The Lord of the Ring Novels are very hard to read for me. They are ok for a while, then a Hobbit starts singing a song while eating lunch for 8 pages and my eyes start to cross.

Ravage!!!
10-04-2012, 12:08 PM
I loved him as the Butcher in Gangs of New York.

IMO, is one of the very best bad-guys in movie history. GREAT part... AMAZING job acting..gave you chills when he walked into the room in that movie.

MOtorboat
10-04-2012, 08:08 PM

I'm not sure Tolkein ever meant to release much other than the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The rest reads like a history book, because that's what it was meant to be. I've always been fascinated by the universe he created, because it was so immense. He was a linguist, by trade, at Oxford, and literally created full languages to use in five lines in a book, but he'd document it through the histories (most famously the Silmarillion).

Buff
10-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes, I loved that one also. Have you ever seen In the Name of the Father?

No, what's it about?

Dzone
10-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Looks awesome. Historically correct or not.

NightTerror218
10-05-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm not sure Tolkein ever meant to release much other than the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The rest reads like a history book, because that's what it was meant to be. I've always been fascinated by the universe he created, because it was so immense. He was a linguist, by trade, at Oxford, and literally created full languages to use in five lines in a book, but he'd document it through the histories (most famously the Silmarillion).

That was why i did not like the books, they were like history books. I read Simarillion (own it too).

ShaneFalco
10-05-2012, 06:57 PM
I heard DD lewis has to take years apart on roles because he becomes so involved with the character he plays.

I honestly couldnt even tell it was DD lewis at first. One of the best actors of all time.