PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sports experts pick (Broncos over Patriots)

Magnificent Seven
10-04-2012, 01:28 AM
NFL Picks - Against the Spread - Week 5

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

Dzone
10-04-2012, 01:36 AM
What the..????? You gotta be kidding me. All but 1 is picking Denver.

Pudge
10-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Cleveland over the giants? Ridiculous

Dzone
10-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Ok, against the spread. That makes more sense. But 5 guys picked Buffalo over san francisco. wth?

HORSEPOWER 56
10-04-2012, 05:19 AM
What the..????? You gotta be kidding me. All but 1 is picking Denver.

That's against the 7.5 point spread that NE has. All but one picked us to cover the spread... Every one of them picked NE to win the game (click the little tab at the top left that says "straight up")

MasterShake
10-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Well no one is going to take a 7.5 spread against a Manning team that lit up the Raiders last week and has only lost by 6 points to the 2 best teams in the league. The straight up picks are much more accurate of public perception on that link.

OrangeHoof
10-04-2012, 08:17 AM
A lot of this is reputation plus last year's history. If the Broncos play like last week, they'll win even if the Patriots play like last week but both squads have been a bit wobbly so far. I think the Patriot HFA gives them a 3-4 pt. edge. If it were in Denver, might be different.

MOtorboat
10-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Well no one is going to take a 7.5 spread against a Manning team that lit up the Raiders last week and has only lost by 6 points to the 2 best teams in the league. The straight up picks are much more accurate of public perception on that link.

One of them, I think it was Ryan Wilson, was making fun of himself on twitter for how bad he's been against the spread.

catfish
10-04-2012, 08:29 AM
It's all going to be up to the D on this one, Denver's offense is going to score points, just hope the D can keep Brady from scoring more. I will be rooting for you guys

Mike
10-04-2012, 08:31 AM
It's all going to be up to the D on this one, Denver's offense is going to score points, just hope the D can keep Brady from scoring more. I will be rooting for you guys

:confused: I didn't know you weren't a Bronco fan.

I see it coming down to whoever has the ball last. Much respect to Brady.

catfish
10-04-2012, 08:39 AM
:confused: I didn't know you weren't a Bronco fan.

I see it coming down to whoever has the ball last. Much respect to Brady.

Nah, I am one of the tebow fanatics. I am interested in seeing the team do well because I like you guys on the forums, but it would be disrespectful to the real fans of this team to call myself a fan. only team I could be considered a fan of is the Gators :)

PatriotsGuy
10-04-2012, 09:51 AM
lol "experts"

deebs
10-04-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm just sure that the NFL is thrilled to see both teams coming into this game, after big wins last week. Makes it feel like the old days when these two would go at it every year while their teams were competing for 1st place in the AFC.

This game wouldn't have had the same luster if it came after Brady and the Pats lost to Arizona.

capt. Jack
10-04-2012, 03:49 PM
It's pretty "lustery", If the Broncos win, it will be a shiny gem! :)

Day1BroncoFan
10-04-2012, 04:02 PM
One a couple of those guys have winning records so far this year. Some of their other picks look a little suspect to me.