PDA

View Full Version : Broncos add LB Mike Mohamed, WR Bert Reed, OT Darrion Weems to practice squad

Denver Native (Carol)
10-03-2012, 03:11 PM
The Broncos filled in some depth this week by re-signing linebacker Mike Mohamed to their practice squad, and adding receiver Bert Reed and offensive tackle Darrion Weems.

The Broncos signed Mohamed off the Indianapolis Colts’ practice squad last week and he played on special teams in the team’s 37-6 rout Sunday of the Oakland Raiders. He was waived Monday and placed back on the practice squad.

There must be a diret pipeline between the Broncos and Colts because the Broncos also signed Weems off the Indianapolis’ practice squad this week. Weems is a rookie from Oregon who has already spent time this year with the Vikings, Patriots, Colts and Broncos.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/10/03/broncos-add-lb-mike-mohamed-wr-bert-reed-ot-darrion-weems-practice-squad/16116/

silkamilkamonico
10-03-2012, 03:43 PM
I was always under the assumption that if teams signed a player from another teams practice squad he had to stay up with their roster the rest of the year, that way teams couldn't poach other player's practice players and put on their own practice roster.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Bert Reed... Hmmm. I wonder whatever happened to everyone's favorite preseason darling from last year Eron Riley? Everyone was so pissed that he got snatched up by the Jets last year. In case anyone is curious, Riley is currently not on any roster. He's not on any practice squad. He's currently a free agent and could've been re-signed by us at any time. I guess the coaching staff wasn't as high on him as the fans were.

Superchop 7
10-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Its a guaranteed 3 week salary and player counts on active OR inactive list.