PDA

View Full Version : I nearly forgot about Steeler fans

Dreadnought
08-09-2009, 10:02 AM
About how awful Steeler fans are. Raider fans are awful in their own way, but Steeler fans are nearly unique in their combination of bandwagoning and almost total lack of general football knowledge. They follow the Steelers with passion but with very little clue as to what the game is about. In that respect I think Cowboy fans are the closest thing to them in the NFL.

GEM
08-09-2009, 10:12 AM
About how awful Steeler fans are. Raider fans are awful in their own way, but Steeler fans are nearly unique in their combination of bandwagoning and almost total lack of general football knowledge. They follow the Steelers with passion but with very little clue as to what the game is about. In that respect I think Cowboy fans are the closest thing to them in the NFL.

That's because they follow the rings. ;) Also a reason why they have such a strong following. Most have never been to Pittsburgh, but when you live in Detroit and your choice is the Lions, they look in the big fat sports encyclopedia and pick which team has won the most times. Most of the time you will find 5 popped collars, a spiked, gel haircut and a fake tan on these fans.

:D

girler
08-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Last year at one of the games, I sat next to a Steelers fan. He was the most boring fan I'd ever talked to. A Steelers fan from Wyoming. What's the point going to a Broncos game if you don't care about who's playing??? :tsk:

Northman
08-09-2009, 11:27 AM
The Mrs. and i went to a Steelers/Ravens game a couple of years ago and after Bmore had beaten them we came out of the stadium to see some Steeler fan talking trash (what a idiot) to a couple of Ravens fans. Needless to say it didnt end well for him. lol