PDA

View Full Version : Cutler focuses on Broncos, Bears camps in clarifying comments

Lonestar
08-09-2009, 04:55 AM
By The Associated Press
Posted: 08/09/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

CHICAGO — Bears quarterback Jay Cutler said Saturday that comments about the Broncos he made during a recent radio interview were aimed at Denver's training camp, not the team's fans.

Cutler, traded by the Broncos to the Bears in the spring, sought Saturday to clarify comments he made in an interview, when he had given Chicago a nine and Denver a six on a scale of one to 10.

"Denver's got great fans," Cutler said after the Bears' workout at Soldier Field before a crowd of 27,793. "I wasn't saying anything about their fans."

Instead, Cutler said he was comparing the two team's training camps.

"I was saying stuff about our camp at Bourbonnais (Ill.) and just how expansive it is and how much money and effort and energy they put into it down there," Cutler said. "We get 11,000 fans on a Saturday. If it wasn't for the fans coming out like that, we wouldn't have to have such a big camp.

"Every NFL team has great fans. That's why the NFL and football is the No. 1 sport in this country, because the fans are great everywhere we go."

Cutler said he heard that Denver fans booed former Chicago quarterback Kyle Orton during a Broncos scrimmage.

"It's a tough situation," Cutler said. "With (former Broncos coach) Mike (Shanahan) gone, new coaches, they've got pretty much a whole new roster out there. It's hard for the fans. They're coming along, but it's early. It's early in camp.

"If they win some games, anywhere you go if you win some games, then they'll get on your side."

On the field, Cutler estimated that about 90 percent to 95 percent of Chicago's offense has been run in practice. But he said the Bears haven't spent much time working on rollout or misdirection passes that he has often been effective at in the past.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13024829?source=rss

MOtorboat
08-09-2009, 08:35 AM
For the love of pete...just shut up...

Overtime
08-09-2009, 09:06 AM
bullshit...he said the fans here were a 6. and bears fans were a 9.

what a liar. watch yourself Jay...Aug 30...if coach lets you play...your ass belongs to the Denver Defense.

Tempus Fugit
08-09-2009, 03:11 PM
I do believe he's trying to swallow his entire foot.

BroncoWave
08-09-2009, 03:17 PM
He's now in full spin mode knowing he will have to step into Invesco in a couple of weeks. Too bad he already passed that road a LONG time ago.

Boy, I am more excited for that game than I am for the regular season at this point. Oh how I would love to get a ticket behind the Bears bench for that game.

honz
08-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Well, it appears Cutler still hasn't grown up...dude needs to learn how to shut his yapper.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Oh yeah - All Cutler was comparing was the two teams' training camps - well if that is ALL he was doing, why, when he was ask if he was looking forward to coming back to Denver, he said NO, and one of his comments was that he wanted to see if his house was still standing?????????

broncohead
08-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Why is it such a big deal? So what if he likes another team/fans better. Good for him he isn't a Bronco anymore. I'm sure the Bronco fans are going to express the same imaturity as Cutler during the preseason game by booing him. Whats the difference?

Broncos Mtnman
08-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Gee, he complimented his current team.

Quick, get out the firing squad.

:coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Gee, he complimented his current team.

Quick, get out the firing squad.

:coffee:

If all he had done was compliment his current team, this would not have been an issue - not even mentioned on all national, plus local networks, news outlets, etc.

LoyalSoldier
08-09-2009, 04:10 PM
*yawn*

You know for people who were in such a hurry to throw him out of Denver for his whining, you seem to be the only ones who care about him now. I thought Cutler was gone? If that is the case then just stop worrying about him already.

UnderArmour
08-09-2009, 04:10 PM

what a liar. watch yourself Jay...Aug 30...if coach lets you play...your ass belongs to the Denver Defense.

2 words. Or is it one word? I forget.

Pre. Season.

(That means nobody cares)

BroncoWave
08-09-2009, 04:14 PM
2 words. Or is it one word? I forget.

Pre. Season.

(That means nobody cares)

If you don't think the defense is going to care a little more about that game than a normal preseason game then you are kidding yourself. Both of the analysts on NFL live the other day were saying that he better be watching out for a few more blitzes than you would normally see in a preseason game.

MOtorboat
08-09-2009, 04:19 PM
If you don't think the defense is going to care a little more about that game than a normal preseason game then you are kidding yourself. Both of the analysts on NFL live the other day were saying that he better be watching out for a few more blitzes than you would normally see in a preseason game.

Why? Like, two or three of the starters played with him...

BroncoWave
08-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Why? Like, two or three of the starters played with him...

You're probably right, and it's probably just wishful thinking as a fan but a couple of former players on NFL live did say that they expect a few extra biltzes out of the Broncos in that game. And to you're point, of the LB's that could be doing the blitzing, 5 of them (Williams, Woodyard, Crowder, Dumervil, Moss) did play with him.

Ravage!!!
08-09-2009, 05:04 PM

I can't help but laugh at this statement considering our defense has been the one that Every NFL team wants to play each and every week for the last two seasons.

Ravage!!!
08-09-2009, 05:06 PM

Probably right, but at the same time, those were the same LBs that couldn't get a sack or anything the last two years.

Plus.. I'm pretty sure Jay didn't say anything that the players could twist into an insult to them.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2009, 05:09 PM
I can't help but laugh at this statement considering our defense has been the one that Every NFL team wants to play each and every week for the last two seasons.

Hopefully new season for the defense - not the same as the last two seasons. Can't compare this year's defense with the last two seasons' defense, until we see them. Guess we will see soon enough.

Ravage!!!
08-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Hopefully new season for the defense - not the same as the last two seasons. Can't compare this year's defense with the last two seasons' defense, until we see them. Guess we will see soon enough.

True on all points across the board. But right now we don't anything to go on other than knowing how the players played the last two years. Whether they were here or somewhere else.

atwater27
08-09-2009, 05:13 PM

LMAO!!! I imagine Jay is afraid of some things. He is only a man. But I guarantee you one thing he is not afraid of is our defense.:shocked:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2009, 05:14 PM
True on all points across the board. But right now we don't anything to go on other than knowing how the players played the last two years. Whether they were here or somewhere else.

Can't even go on that - new coaches here, new defensive scheme, new players - we need to see them first as a unit in some actual games before knowing what they will be like, if they will mesh together, if the new scheme will work, etc.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2009, 05:16 PM
LMAO!!! I imagine Jay is afraid of some things. He is only a man. But I guarantee you one thing he is not afraid of is our defense.:shocked:

Jay, nor any one else right now, has any idea what our defense will be like this year.

Ravage!!!
08-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Can't even go on that - new coaches here, new defensive scheme, new players - we need to see them first as a unit in an actual game before knowing what they will be like, if they will mesh together, if the new scheme will work, etc.

Of course. But that takes out all the conversations. We could say the same thing about every team, offense and defense, in the NFL. ALl teams have different players (added or lost), and all teams will have injuries, and a lot of them have different schemes and/or coaches to be working with.

That doesnt' keep us from talking about the NFL, predicting how teams will play, guessing how they will perform, or expecting certain teams to continue at certain levels.

Right now... its my guess, since we HAVE changed personnel, coaches, and schemes that the defense won't look any worse (although I said that last offseason), but it will NOT be a good (or even average) defense. I can't say that for a fact, obviously, but considering all the factors involved I believe that to be a realistic guess as to the situation of our defensive unit.

atwater27
08-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Jay, nor any one else right now, has any idea what our defense will be like this year.

Anything is an improvement over last year. I imagine we have nowhere to go but up Carol. However, rebuilding a defense takes several seasons. This is most definitely not the year to be intimidated by our defense.

TXBRONC
08-09-2009, 05:22 PM
You're probably right, and it's probably just wishful thinking as a fan but a couple of former players on NFL live did say that they expect a few extra biltzes out of the Broncos in that game. And to you're point, of the LB's that could be doing the blitzing, 5 of them (Williams, Woodyard, Crowder, Dumervil, Moss) did play with him.

I don't see this being a big deal for them. Besides as all been told on many occasions game plans for preseason games tend to be very vanilla.

BroncoWave
08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
I don't see this being a big deal for them. Besides as all been told on many occasions game plans for preseason games tend to be very vanilla.

You're right but it still wouldn't surprise me to see them throw in an extra blitz or two. Not saying they are going to roll out all of their intricate stuff for the game.

slayer
08-09-2009, 06:11 PM

Oh. So hurting the guy will make the difference, eh? Wait, I thought you guys are happy with Orton, and you hated Cutler and his gutless, b****y self?

Lonestar
08-09-2009, 06:34 PM

I still suspect that jay coming to town and the way he left without saying goodbye or really having anything good to say about den since leaving will be bulletin board fodder the week before..

I also suspect someone will put his quote up about "being here for camps because he plays for his teammates and not his coaches" ..

That will be in the back of everyones minds..

Nature Boy
08-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Obviously, Cutler has discontent for Broncos fans because a good many of them did not support Jay during the whole Cutler-McDaniels-Bowlens fiasco. In the end, everyone lost, Cutler is no longer the QB of this great offense, McDummass & Bowlen no longer has a great QB calling the plays and especially us Broncos fans as we no longer have one of the best young QBs in the NFL.

We can all thank McDaniels and Bowlens for the current Broncos state of SUCK!

Lonestar
08-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh. So hurting the guy will make the difference, eh? Wait, I thought you guys are happy with Orton, and you hated Cutler and his gutless, b****y self?

it was the weasel way out of town he took disrespecting his owner more than anything.. he made no friends living town like that..

frankly I could give a rat rectum about him.. if all the friends of jay would let a sleeping dog lie .. I suspect few would bring him up.. he broke alot of hearts here..

and now orton is trying to fill his spot on the roster..:salute:

BroncoWave
08-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Obviously, Cutler has discontent for Broncos fans because a good many of them did not support Jay during the whole Cutler-McDaniels-Bowlens fiasco. In the end, everyone lost, Cutler is no longer the QB of this great offense, McDummass & Bowlen no longer has a great QB calling the plays and especially us Broncos fans as we no longer have one of the best young QBs in the NFL.

http://cornerstork.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crying_baby.jpg

girler
08-09-2009, 06:45 PM

I would be disappointed if it was very vanilla. Football was built on emotion. If I wanted to be a fan of a vanilla sport, I'd go watch baseball. Football is all about turnabout being fair play! Come on, in football if you're insulted and you get a chance to tackle the guy's ass, then tackle the HELL out of his ass, don't just touch him down.

THAT is FOOTBALL.

Vanilla my ass. :tsk:

BroncoWave
08-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I would be disappointed if it was very vanilla. Football was built on emotion. If I wanted to be a fan of a vanilla sport, I'd go watch baseball. Football is all about turnabout being fair play! Come on, in football if you're insulted and you get a chance to tackle the guy's ass, then tackle the HELL out of his ass, don't just touch him down.

THAT is FOOTBALL.

Agreed, the way he flat out lied to and turned his back on the team, I don't see how they can't at least go after him a little bit.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2009, 06:47 PM

Let's see - current Broncos state of SUCK - never did realize that a team got measured by training camp ONLY since that is all we have seen so far this year :rolleyes:

Nature Boy
08-09-2009, 06:48 PM

http://cornerstork.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crying_baby.jpg

Is it not true? And is that the best you got? lame...

Nature Boy
08-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Let's see - current Broncos state of SUCK - never did realize that a team got measured by training camp ONLY since that is all we have seen so far this year :rolleyes:

I didn't need Orton's lousy performance the other night at the stadium to know that the Broncos are in a world of SUCK! and will be for the next few years.

Lonestar

THAT is FOOTBALL.

but during preseason the plays called are pretty bland or have been in years past.. they hide most of the good stuff until the season counts.. after all how many preseason games does it take to get to the playoffs?

IIRC billy does not play to win or care about winning in NE during preseason..

he has an agenda and that is finding out who they should keep and who should go.. and not getting starters hurt...

BroncoWave
Is it not true? And is that the best you got? lame...

Not as lame as you repeating the exact same thing in every single one of your posts. And I think my "lame" response was a pretty good representation of pretty much every single post of yours since March.

Like I said previously, Mikey is never coming back and McDaniels will be here for 2-3 years at least. So at this point it's time to either get with it or get out.

And if you are going to continue to complain, at least try to say something more intelligent than "ZOMG, McDumbass ruined the team, doom and gloom 4EVA!!!11!!!1"

Lonestar
08-09-2009, 06:52 PM
OK folks lets keep it

:focus:

and away from the personal stuff. this is not SMACK..

we will be back in few minutes after this cooling down period..

Lonestar
08-09-2009, 07:01 PM
OK folks lets keep it

:focus:

and away from the personal stuff. this is not SMACK..

we will be back in few minutes after this cooling down period..

time to play nice..
no more personal stuff..

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2009, 07:09 PM
I didn't need Orton's lousy performance the other night at the stadium to know that the Broncos are in a world of SUCK! and will be for the next few years.

If you would like, go to the Bears' team website. You will find at least one thread devoted to the interceptions Cutler has thrown in practice so far.

Nature Boy
08-09-2009, 07:12 PM
In 2008, our defense stunk but the offense was great; enough so that we almost made the playoffs with offense alone.

Now, the offense is gonna suck just as bad as the defense.

Thanks a lot Pat.

BroncoWave
08-09-2009, 07:13 PM
In 2008, our defense stunk but the offense was great; enough so that we almost made the playoffs with offense alone.

Now, the offense is gonna suck just as bad as the defense.

Thanks a lot Pat.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

MOtorboat
08-09-2009, 07:16 PM

The offense wasn't that good...it really wasn't...

girler
08-09-2009, 07:23 PM
If you would like, go to the Bears' team website. You will find at least one thread devoted to the interceptions Cutler has thrown in practice so far.

:laugh: that's awesome!

Nature Boy
08-09-2009, 07:30 PM
The offense wasn't that good...it really wasn't...

It wasn't the 98' offense but it was good despite the lack of a real RB.

It also had the potential be so much better this year but Pat and McDummass **** it up.

BroncoWave
08-09-2009, 07:31 PM

It also had the potential be so much better this year but Pat and McDummass **** it up.

MOtorboat
08-09-2009, 07:31 PM

It was 8-8. /discussion.

Oh...BTW...other than the San Diego and New England blowouts...Cutler's awesome quarterback rating was 58 in the fourth quarter in the other 6 losses.

Damn that defense.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2009, 07:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=3683651

Jay Cutler, QB Broncos

Cutler's 16 touchdown passes rank third in the league, and his 2,169 passing yards are fourth-best. He also is a favorite among fantasy players, as his 128 points currently rank him sixth in overall scoring in ESPN leagues.

As impressive as those cumulative figures are, Cutler's performance level has declined dramatically as the season has progressed. Cutler had a passer rating of 93 or higher in his first three games but has topped that mark only once since then. That drop-off has lowered his passer-rating ranking to 16th.

Another reason Cutler makes this list is that he hasn't improved in the one problem area that plagued him during his first two years: bad-decision percentage. It is quite difficult for any team to be successful when its quarterback has a bad-decision rate of 4.0 or higher, and Cutler was at or over the 5.0 mark in his rookie and sophomore professional seasons.

He hasn't shown any progress on this front in 2008, as his 5.3 mark in this metric indicates. Unless and until Cutler can push his mistakes total down to an acceptable level, he'll never be the great quarterback he's capable of becoming.

Nature Boy
08-09-2009, 08:02 PM
The last 3 posters on thread. The 3 of you probably also think that Kyle Orton would have done better than Cutler in 2008.

Cutler was a one man show, no defense and no RB, yet he narrowly missed the playoffs.

MOtorboat
08-09-2009, 08:04 PM
The last 3 posters on thread. The 3 of you probably also think that Kyle Orton would have done better than Cutler in 2008.

Cutler was a one man show, no defense and no RB, yet he narrowly missed the playoffs.

No...actually, I don't think that at all. But nice try.

atwater27
08-09-2009, 08:07 PM
NIce to see everyone focusing on the future. I hope the players aren't following suit and focusing on Cutler and how bad he sucks. You guys crack me up. You got a new coaching staff, a new beginning, training camp, preseason starting today, but all you can do is cap on a guy that isn't even on the team anymore.

atwater27
08-09-2009, 08:10 PM
NIce to see everyone focusing on the future. I hope the players aren't following suit and focusing on Cutler and how bad he sucks. You guys crack me up. You got a new coaching staff, a new beginning, training camp, preseason starting today, but all you can do is cap on a guy that isn't even on the team anymore.

back on topic.

MOtorboat
08-09-2009, 08:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=3683651

Jay Cutler, QB Broncos

Cutler's 16 touchdown passes rank third in the league, and his 2,169 passing yards are fourth-best. He also is a favorite among fantasy players, as his 128 points currently rank him sixth in overall scoring in ESPN leagues.

As impressive as those cumulative figures are, Cutler's performance level has declined dramatically as the season has progressed. Cutler had a passer rating of 93 or higher in his first three games but has topped that mark only once since then. That drop-off has lowered his passer-rating ranking to 16th.

Another reason Cutler makes this list is that he hasn't improved in the one problem area that plagued him during his first two years: bad-decision percentage. It is quite difficult for any team to be successful when its quarterback has a bad-decision rate of 4.0 or higher, and Cutler was at or over the 5.0 mark in his rookie and sophomore professional seasons.

He hasn't shown any progress on this front in 2008, as his 5.3 mark in this metric indicates. Unless and until Cutler can push his mistakes total down to an acceptable level, he'll never be the great quarterback he's capable of becoming.

He threw for a lot of yards, and had a lot of people drooling over his performance, but the fact of the matter is he doesn't play well when facing adversity and his quarterback rating in close games is beyond pathetic.

MOtorboat
08-09-2009, 08:16 PM
I would just like to point out the irony of the Cutler-lovers posting in this thread...and somehow gloating over what Cutler said. If you are any type of a fan of this team, he is referring to you. Now..I know we have a lot of Bears fans trolling around here, lately, but I didn't realize Broncos fans were that unintelligent.

atwater27
08-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Jay Cutty is the man. I wish him well in Chicago.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2009, 08:20 PM

Actually, I am just staying on the thread topic, which has Cutler's name in it.

TXBRONC
08-09-2009, 08:21 PM
I would just like to point out the irony of the Cutler-lovers posting in this thread...and somehow gloating over what Cutler said. If you are any type of a fan of this team, he is referring to you. Now..I know we have a lot of Bears fans trolling around here, lately, but I didn't realize Broncos fans were that unintelligent.

People not agreeing with you doesn't make them any unintelligent nor does it mean that they are or any less of a fan than you are.

MOtorboat
08-09-2009, 08:23 PM
People not agreeing with you doesn't make them any unintelligent nor does it mean that they are or any less of a fan than you are.

People ridiculing the fan base of the Denver Broncos for the shear fact of sucking up to Jay Cutler, now that he is no longer a Denver Bronco, does.

What point are you trying to make when you point out Jay Cutler calling out fans, especially when you claim to be the fan of that team?

Enlighten me.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Jay who? Alphonso Smith, Robert Ayers, Richard Quinn and Seth Olsen for him so far. Can't wait to see who we get with Chicago's pick next year.:beer:

Broncos Mtnman
08-09-2009, 08:27 PM

Sure it does....

Not only that, but if you disagree with the Broncos front office concerning their handling of Cutler, you are told to go be a Bears fan.

*cough* JR *cough*

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Sure it does....

Not only that, but if you disagree with the Broncos front office concerning their handling of Cutler, you are told to go be a Bears fan.

*cough* JR *cough*

If you are a Broncos fan - exactly what choice is there???? Nothing any one has said or will say will bring Jay back. There really is only two choices - move on as a Bronco Fan, or change teams.

atwater27
08-09-2009, 08:33 PM
There really is only two choices - move on as a Bronco Fan, or change teams.

Is that official?

Requiem / The Dagda
08-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Third choice: Root and cheer for the Broncos, yet be a fan of Jay Cutler at the same time.

atwater27
08-09-2009, 08:34 PM

Well said. It's just a discussion. Making it personal doesn't solve anything.

atwater27
08-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Third choice: Root and cheer for the Broncos, yet be a fan of Jay Cutler at the same time.

I like that option. Right on Cicero.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I like that option. Right on Cicero.

Yeah, I know I've said a few jabs towards Jay -- but I think he's an exciting player and would love to see him do well in Chicago. He never pissed in my cheerios. It's unfortunate that he was traded, but that is the nature of the business. He'll be a good player for years to come, perhaps one of the best. Too bad Timmy Hiller is going to be a Hall of Famer for us when we draft him next year.

WOO TIMMY HILLER!

MOtorboat
08-09-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm a big fan of ridiculing other fans for being offended when a player walks all over the fan base.

girler
08-09-2009, 08:48 PM

Can we do that AND still cheer if our defense does a little extra well against him? :whistle:

BroncoWave
08-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm with you Mo. The people hanging on the quarterback's jockstrap for bashing OUR fanbase are ridiculous.

drewloc
08-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Can we do that AND still cheer if our defense does a little extra well against him? :whistle:

Is that allowed!? I'm still rooting for the :defense:

Requiem / The Dagda
08-09-2009, 08:55 PM

Yeah. I hope Jay can do well, but I hope the Bears suck this year. (Draft pick reasons!)

TXBRONC
08-09-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm with you Mo. The people hanging on the quarterback's jockstrap for bashing OUR fanbase are ridiculous.

I read the article I didn't see anything in that was all that bad. It seems to me you're give up a lot of power to Jay if you going get up set by that interview. The ones hanging from Jay's jock strap are those who are getting all pissy over that stupid interview.

Nature Boy
08-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Jay who? Alphonso Smith, Robert Ayers, Richard Quinn and Seth Olsen for him so far. Can't wait to see who we get with Chicago's pick next year.:beer:

Didn't we give up a 1st rounder of next year for Smith? Add that to the equation.

I'll take Cutler back for what you mentioned and then some.

MOtorboat
08-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Didn't we give up a 1st rounder of next year for Smith? Add that to the equation.

I'll take Cutler back for what you mentioned and then some.

How many games have we played?

TXBRONC
08-09-2009, 09:17 PM

I hope when it's all said and done we can say it was worth it.

Nature Boy
08-09-2009, 09:27 PM

I don't need to see any games. The McDaniels era in Denver is gonna be disastrous. He won't see the final year of his contract. He'll always be known as the coach who lost Jay Cutler for Denver.

MOtorboat
08-09-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't need to see any games. The McDaniels era in Denver is gonna be disastrous. He won't see the final year of his contract. He'll always be known as the coach who lost Jay Cutler for Denver.

I wish I had that crystal ball.

Honestly, if you're so in love with Jay Cutler, why are you a Broncos fan? He's a Bear.

Devilspawn
08-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Don't get too excited about preseason Week 3. I can see it now. Cutler plays until halftime in Week-2. Next practice, he "tweaks" his hamstring, non-throwing hand, or some minor injury. He'll be listed as day to day and will be held out of the Broncos game for "precautionary measures".

Watch.

TXBRONC
08-09-2009, 09:36 PM

Until it actually happens NB no one knows right if McDaniels tenure will be a disastrous. I have reservations about some of the moves he's made but I don't want him to fail. I believe all real fans don't want him fail.

Nature Boy
08-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Until it actually happens NB no one knows right if McDaniels tenure will be a disastrous. I have reservations about some of the moves he's made but I don't want him to fail. I believe all real fans don't want him fail.

I don't want him to fail too. I'm hoping the Broncos will have a hell of a year and surprise everyone but realistically, I don't see it happening.

Our defense can't get any worst than last but our offense will.

bad offense + bad defense = bottom of the league.

TXBRONC
08-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I don't want him to fail too. I'm hoping the Broncos will have a hell of a year and surprise everyone but realistically, I don't see it happening.

Apparently you do want them to fail because you're stating as fact the offense is bad right now and the defense wont improve without them having played one meaningful down of football.

Stating things as fact that haven't come to pass isn't being realistic.

Northman
08-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Jay should get into politics.

Northman
08-10-2009, 09:51 AM

THAT is FOOTBALL.

The only problem here is that i can guarantee there isnt bad blood between the Denver players and Jay Cutler. They dont get wrapped up in rivalries anymore like they use too. With all the switching around of team to team there are just too many friends and there really is no grudge match. Right now the only enemy Cutler has is Rivers and even Phillip is laughing that one off. As bad as the Denver fans want to go out and send a message to Jay in the Preseason game dont be surprised if they dont rough him up like we might like. Team pride really doesnt exist anymore for players.

powderaddict
08-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Jay should get into politics.

:laugh: :laugh: :lol:

Ravage!!!
08-10-2009, 11:39 AM
The only problem here is that i can guarantee there isnt bad blood between the Denver players and Jay Cutler. They dont get wrapped up in rivalries anymore like they use too. With all the switching around of team to team there are just too many friends and there really is no grudge match. Right now the only enemy Cutler has is Rivers and even Phillip is laughing that one off. As bad as the Denver fans want to go out and send a message to Jay in the Preseason game dont be surprised if they dont rough him up like we might like. Team pride really doesnt exist anymore for players.

I disagree with the sentiment you are expressing. There is some VERY much bad blood between teams. Rivalries are huge, and the players play off the fans.

However... Jay's comment didn't really insult anyone, and it certainly didn't insult the players. Some of the fans will WANT to be mad at Jay, because thats really what they want to do..... pick at every comment he makes. It makes the loss of a player easier, if they can 'hate' him. Thus all the name calling and complaints about any comments he makes.

But the players, in this situation, don't have a reason to go after jay. So I don't see a reason they would try to 'hurt' him at all.

Also...(to the comment above yours somewhere) I'm betting the last thing Jay does, is "tweak" anything bfore going into that pre-season game. Every indication so far, is that he's looking forward to playing in Denver

Ravage!!!
08-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Apparently you do want them to fail because you're stating as fact the offense is bad right now and the defense wont improve without them having played one meaningful down of football.

Nah.. thats not 'wanting' them to fail... thats called self preservation.

If you expect the worse, then nothing is a disappointment. I'm absolutely expecting the worse this season. I have no real hope of winning anything over 6 wins for the year, and think that may be exaggerating our chances.

That doesn't mean I WANT them to fail, it just means that I'm going into this season without a lot of gusto. I've had the wind knocked out of me, and am now just going to hold on this year.... anything higher than 5 wins is actually a bonus to me.

CoachChaz
08-10-2009, 11:46 AM
This particular situation means nothing by it's content, btu the fact that he said something and tried to retract it...AGAIN...shows me there is a bit of a pattern in his verbal diarrhea. Every time he opens his mouth, I believe Mcd more and more

Lonestar
08-10-2009, 12:19 PM
This particular situation means nothing by it's content, btu the fact that he said something and tried to retract it...AGAIN...shows me there is a bit of a pattern in his verbal diarrhea. Every time he opens his mouth, I believe Mcd more and more

I tend to agree with you on this, while I had little doubt in what Josh said in the first place.

every time jay opens his mouth or does something just adds less to jays creds..

and to think that Dens D does not have something to prove to him well I think everyone KNOWs they have something to prove even though many were not here last year.. those that were, know they were a laughing stock of the league.. and have pride they are not just here to take their money to the bank because it is "just" part of business for them....

while they may not be in college anymore and the NFL is a huge business they have been playing competitive sports since grade school..

they are not just mercenaries as some would have you believe..

dunk7
08-10-2009, 02:10 PM

We have a defense this year?

T.K.O.
08-10-2009, 02:17 PM

good that means he will toss a couple picks to champ.
the worst thing is that jay will play one series if at all.
the 3rd game is usually the game where the starters play at least a 1/2 of football.but i gaurantee jay will be on the field for less than a 1/4 in denver.
lovie already said he may not play at all when they come to mile high.

Nature Boy
08-10-2009, 02:30 PM

I guess Ronald Fields will be going to Hawaii this year because is what it'll take for that defense to stand a chance.

We don't have a single OLB with any kind of experience. Only 2 defensive players we have that'll make an impact is DJ and Champ; sorry that is not enough to make a formidable 3-4 defense.

Lonestar
08-10-2009, 02:39 PM
I guess Ronald Fields will be going to Hawaii this year because is what it'll take for that defense to stand a chance.

We don't have a single OLB with any kind of experience. Only 2 defensive players we have that make an impact is DJ and Champ; sorry that is not enough to make a formidable 3-4 defense.

your correct almost no experience on the front seven..

perhaps with coaching and playing time experience they gain this season, they will become a formidable unit..

not sure what you think would have made the transition better other than bringing in an experienced NT that was not available in FA..

you might want to give the broncos are crap routine up soon as frankly NO ONE cares what you think..

T.K.O.
08-10-2009, 02:44 PM

BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE ?
even for someone who claims to be "realistic" we have not been at the "bottom of the league" since i was like 3 (that was the sixties)
so i think the word you are looking for is "pessimitic" as in

pes⋅si⋅mis⋅tic  /ˌpɛsəˈmɪstɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pes-uh-mis-tik] Show IPA
Use pessimistic in a Sentence
–adjective pertaining to or characterized by pessimism; gloomy: a pessimistic outlook.

we have at least a fair shot at achieving a similar record to our past 3 seasons with the genius and the wonderkid.
so whats the big difference between 8-8 with shanny and jay or rebuilding a mediocre team and finishing 6-10 or 7-9 with some new blood that actually want to be broncos !
i think we are gonna be very good on the ground and at least par with most teams through the air.
all we need is for nolan to field a competent defense and we will have our 1st playoff game in 4 years....thats realistic !:D

Nature Boy
08-10-2009, 02:47 PM
your correct almost no experience on the front seven..

perhaps with coaching and playing time experience they gain this season, they will become a formidable unit..

not sure what you think would have made the transition better other than bringing in an experienced NT that was not available in FA..

you might want to give the broncos are crap routine up soon as frankly NO ONE cares what you think..

Apparently you do. :lol::lol::lol:

That defense is gonna be crap. Only positive is, it can't be worst than last year's.

I just hope McDummass didn't **** up the offense. It all depends on the play of Kyle Orton and Moreno or one of the RBs to stay healthy and step up.

Nature Boy
08-10-2009, 02:50 PM
BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE ?
even for someone who claims to be "realistic" we have not been at the "bottom of the league" since i was like 3 (that was the sixties)
so i think the word you are looking for is "pessimitic" as in

pes⋅si⋅mis⋅tic  /ˌpɛsəˈmɪstɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pes-uh-mis-tik] Show IPA
Use pessimistic in a Sentence
–adjective pertaining to or characterized by pessimism; gloomy: a pessimistic outlook.

we have at least a fair shot at achieving a similar record to our past 3 seasons with the genius and the wonderkid.
so whats the big difference between 8-8 with shanny and jay or rebuilding a mediocre team and finishing 6-10 or 7-9 with some new blood that actually want to be broncos !
i think we are gonna be very good on the ground and at least par with most teams through the air.
all we need is for nolan to field a competent defense and we will have our 1st playoff game in 4 years....thats realistic !:D

Realistic is 3-13 in 2009. Last in the AFC West and 28th-30th in the league.

call it pessimistic or whatever, because it's what the Broncos are looking at.

BroncoWave
08-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Apparently you do. :lol::lol::lol:

That defense is gonna be crap. Only positive is, it can't be worst than last year's.

I just hope McDummass didn't **** up the offense. It all depends on the play of Kyle Orton and Moreno or one of the RBs to stay healthy and step up.

Realistic is 3-13 in 2009. Last in the AFC West and 28th-30th in the league.

call it pessimistic or whatever, because it's what the Broncos are looking at.

Lonestar
08-10-2009, 03:05 PM

good response..

but it will fall on deaf ears some folks just can't take a subtle hint

NameUsedBefore
08-10-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't see why he's beating a dead horse for expressing his opinion but the corollaries are totally cool. It's also cool to keep posting Cutler stories and then bitching about them just as well.

GEM
08-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Just as easy not to answer the guy than to keep going with him. :shrugs: So he has a different opinion (while it may be completely wrong :lol: ) doesn't mean anyone has to answer him.

BroncoWave
08-10-2009, 03:50 PM
I don't see why he's beating a dead horse for expressing his opinion but the corollaries are totally cool. It's also cool to keep posting Cutler stories and then bitching about them just as well.

There's a difference between expressing intelligent opinions backed up by fact and doing nothing but spouting "OMG McDumbass ruined the team and we are going to be the worst team in the league this year." Saying more or less that exact phrase in just different wording day after day after day is beating a dead horse.

GEM
08-10-2009, 03:53 PM
So put the guy on ignore. Dead horse beating becomes a dead issue. :D

NameUsedBefore
08-10-2009, 03:59 PM
There's a difference between expressing intelligent opinions backed up by fact and doing nothing but spouting "OMG McDumbass ruined the team and we are going to be the worst team in the league this year." Saying more or less that exact phrase in just different wording day after day after day is beating a dead horse.

I don't see how the addition of stats changes the general direction of these discussions. Maybe elevates the degree of intelligence, sure. If you think he isn't bringing enough intelligence into the discussion then ignore him. Accusing him of beating a dead horse when he's doing the same things as any one of us just without using statistics is a bit harsh, IMO. I'd save that for people who still get up in arms about Jake Plummer and Brian Griese; the really old hat stuff.

LoyalSoldier
08-10-2009, 04:19 PM
So complaining about McD is beating a dead horse, but bitching about Culter isn't?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Found the following article interesting by Peter King:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/02/cutler.reaction.ap/index.html

Jay Cutler has three people to blame for his trade from the most talented young offensive team in football to one of the least:

1. Jay Cutler.

2. Jay Cutler.

3. Jay Cutler.

Lots of great players in NFL history have been traded, including lots of great quarterbacks -- Steve Young, Fran Tarkenton, John Unitas, Bobby Layne. Lots of quarterbacks have been subjects of trade rumors, including the one and only John Elway, who preceded Cutler as the face of the Broncos; Dan Reeves almost sent Elway to the Redskins midway through his career. And Elway was ticked, but he got over it. Cutler was ticked when the Broncos tried and failed to acquire Matt Cassel Feb. 26, and for some reason -- ego, pride, immaturity, or maybe all of the above -- he couldn't get over it.

I laughed when I read Cutler's quotes to Jay Glazer Wednesday night, the ones about him not wanting to be traded. Kid, either you or your agent asked to be traded after Mike Shanahan and offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates left the organization, and your agent asked for a trade again on March 14. Come on. You can only cry wolf so many times before you finally get called on it.

The other thing that happened here is that Denver owner Pat Bowlen grabbed this process by the horns and made the trade to Chicago happen. I will believe for a long time that Josh McDaniels wanted to take a passive approach here and let some rattled nerves calm down; and at some point before the draft, he'd try to make peace with Cutler. That's the strong impression he left me with a week ago at the league meetings. But when Cutler continued to duck the Broncos, Bowlen had enough. "You do not mess with Pat Bowlen, and you definitely do not ignore him,'' a man who knows Bowlen well told me this week. Cutler ignored him. That lit the fuse for the stunning trade to the Bears.

The Broncos will miss Cutler, because they have the best young offensive nucleus in football. Tackles Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris will both go to multiple Pro Bowls. Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are the best receivers in tandem 26 or younger in football right now. Last year, they, and Cutler, combined to form the number two offense in football, averaging 396 yards per game. Chicago averaged exactly 100 yards less, and was 26th in total offense. They have two talented young offensive weapons on the exterior --wideout/returner Devin Hester (if he ever gets to be a full-time receiver) and tackle Chris Williams, Cutler's former Vanderbilt teammate, at left tackle. But Williams is coming off a back injury, so we don't know how good he'll be.

It's a massive step down. Maybe Cutler will make the Bears a lot better. He certainly should. And the Broncos will take a step back, at least until McDaniels develops a quarterback in his own image.

The saddest thing here? Cutler could have been a truly great player in McDaniels' offense. He may be great with the Bears; he certainly has the talent to be. But the Denver attack was tailor-made for Cutler's brains and ability to throw the deep ball. Whatever he says now, I know he'll always wonder how great he could have been in that offense, with that bright young coach -- whether he liked McDaniels or not.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/02/cutler.reaction.ap/index.html#ixzz0NpSRRUSg

TXBRONC
08-10-2009, 07:36 PM

We don't have a single OLB with any kind of experience. Only 2 defensive players we have that make an impact is DJ and Champ; sorry that is not enough to make a formidable 3-4 defense.

I guess you don't understand that just because I guy doesn't go to the Pro Bowl that doesn't mean he didn't do his job well. That being said I have doubts about Fields because he's never been starter.

Nevertheless I don't stats as fact things that have not happened yet.

TXBRONC
08-10-2009, 07:39 PM
So put the guy on ignore. Dead horse beating becomes a dead issue. :D

That and beating a dead horse will get PETA all up in arms. :D

BroncoWave
08-10-2009, 07:44 PM
I guess you don't understand that just because I guy doesn't go to the Pro Bowl that doesn't mean he didn't do his job well. That being said I have doubts about Fields because he's never been starter.

Nevertheless I don't stats asfact things that have not happened yet.

Agreed. I don't know how long some of the posters on here have been watching the NFL but you'd think after a while one would come to the realization that anything can happen in this league.

I mean come on, anyone on here who thought the Dolphins or Falcons had a chance at the playoffs, or that the Cards had a shot at the Super Bowl is lying. And 2 of those teams (Falcons, Dolphins) had ROOKIE head coaches. Now sure this is the exception not the rule but it does prove that absolutely anything can happen in this league.

Are the odds of Denver being a playoff team high? Probably not. But to say that this team has absolutely zero chance to be good and to say that it's an absolute given that we will be one of the worst teams in the league goes to show a severe lack of knowledge of the recent history of the NFL.

WARHORSE
08-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Why is it such a big deal? So what if he likes another team/fans better. Good for him he isn't a Bronco anymore. I'm sure the Bronco fans are going to express the same imaturity as Cutler during the preseason game by booing him. Whats the difference?

Well who asked YOU to come in here and tell the truth?

We're all doin just fine without anyone searching for truth and reason.

Drink the Kool-aid, shut up, smile, and act like everythings going perfect.

(It feels better)
;)

Zweems56
08-10-2009, 09:30 PM
I've remained quiet on this subject since it happened (i think) aside from saying SHIT **** TITS GODDAMN IT MOTHER ******!!!!! after it happened. I must say... the only thing that angers me more than the fact that it happened to begin with, is the immaturity of EVERYONE that the event brought to light. The fans, the aforementioned player, the front office.... it's kind of sad.

broncohead
08-10-2009, 10:14 PM
I've remained quiet on this subject since it happened (i think) aside from saying SHIT **** TITS GODDAMN IT MOTHER ******!!!!! after it happened. I must say... the only thing that angers me more than the fact that it happened to begin with, is the immaturity of EVERYONE that the event brought to light. The fans, the aforementioned player, the front office.... it's kind of sad.

Seems like the people who wanted him gone are the ones who won't let it go.

Northman
08-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Uh, not really. I think we are just amazed at how he still manages to put his foot into his mouth even after he has been traded. Which seems to explain a lot in how it all went down and only confirms what many of us thought anyway. God, i love it when im right. lol

LoyalSoldier
08-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Uh, not really. I think we are just amazed at how he still manages to put his foot into his mouth even after he has been traded. Which seems to explain a lot in how it all went down and only confirms what many of us thought anyway. God, i love it when im right. lol

See the thing is if it wasn't for the fact that half of the people who continue to complain about Cutler to this day were the ones that made posts like

"Ok Cutler is gone! Stop worrying about it and worry about who is still on the team"

Well some of us took that advice and apparently the ones who didn't were the ones giving that advice. I think that is called hypocrisy. Seems like the ones who can't let Cutler go are the ones who were eager to throw him out in the first place.

Most of you guys were talking about how Cutler was immature and you didn't want to have someone here who didn't want to be here. Fine he isn't and now you act shocked that he is acting this way? Seriously people just drop it.

CoachChaz
08-11-2009, 06:28 AM
Who is acting shocked? Who is obsessed? This is all just general interest in how someone can consistently put his foot in his mouth and try to retract every damn thing he says. If anything, most of us are curious as to how some people still think he will be a great leader given his own consistent hypocrisy. Is that the type of guy you want to go into battle with?

Elevation inc
08-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Seems like the people who wanted him gone are the ones who won't let it go.

i agree with this, he is gone and plays for chicago now....why is this even news....i certainly dont care anymore and i didnt want him gone.......

seems to me that some on both sides just need to give it a rest finally and move on......

its not gonna magically change back to how things were, so time to move forward and worry about the 53 other players that will be on the broncos roster....none of which will be cutler

End cutler topic now////// lol

Northman
08-11-2009, 09:45 AM
i agree with this, he is gone and plays for chicago now....why is this even news....i certainly dont care anymore and i didnt want him gone.......

seems to me that some on both sides just need to give it a rest finally and move on......

its not gonna magically change back to how things were, so time to move forward and worry about the 53 other players that will be on the broncos roster....none of which will be cutler

If you truly didnt care you wouldnt of bothered to post in this thread. :lol::lol:

NightTrainLayne
08-11-2009, 10:03 AM
The reason Cutler continues to come up incessantly is because both sides (pro- and anti-Cutler) want to PROVE that their view of him is right.

I got new for everyone. You're not going to be able to PROVE anything for several more years until his career plays out, and even then it will be highly subjective.

CoachChaz
08-11-2009, 11:59 AM
The reason Cutler continues to come up incessantly is because both sides (pro- and anti-Cutler) want to PROVE that their view of him is right.

I got new for everyone. You're not going to be able to PROVE anything for several more years until his career plays out, and even then it will be highly subjective.

I'll halfway agree with this. Personally I could care less if he breaks all kinds of passing records and goes to the HoF. If he has a career like Marino where he has nothing to show for it, then what was it all for?

However, with his personality, immaturity and ego, I somewhat see him as the TO of QB's in the sense that he thinks he's better than he is and he's going to let you know it and alienate you in the process.

I'm a fan of entropy. I like watching people slowly destroy themselves over time

T.K.O.
08-11-2009, 02:02 PM
i think its a misconception that anyone "wanted cutler gone" i dont think any of us ever said we wanted him gone ,the split is between those who want to move forward and realize he did.nt want to be here (actually just wanted $$$) and those who want to put 100% of the blame on mcD ( which is b.s.)
that being said i think jay summed it up nicely when he said "uhh gee i never said the fans were....uhh not as good....uh i like all the cities in the nfl...the fans are great whatever team i play for next....uhhh.
i was talking about which city had more better stands at training camp....dur......:welcome:

shhhhhsh....dont tell anyone but that was my (hotcarl ) impersonation.....

Lonestar
08-11-2009, 03:14 PM
very few actually wanted him gone, just wanted him to straighten up and man UP..

Now that he is gone time to move on..

I wish him well in 2010 and beyond.. as I want a top 15 choice next year..

although I still have lingering thought on him being a strong armed Brian Griese or maybe even a jeff george..

LoyalSoldier
08-11-2009, 05:13 PM
If you truly didnt care you wouldnt of bothered to post in this thread. :lol::lol:

I tend to care more that people are cluttering up the board with crap than the fact Cutler is being an idiot.

T.K.O.
08-11-2009, 05:44 PM

well, in defense of those broncos fans still talking about cutler....he is the one that is still talking about us !
you dont call the people who hailed you as the next john elway and supported you through 3 seasons of .500 football (and would have continued to do so had you not demanded a trade)
a 6 out of 10...thats just wrong !

Ravage!!!
08-11-2009, 06:10 PM
well, in defense of those broncos fans still talking about cutler....he is the one that is still talking about us !
you dont call the people who hailed you as the next john elway and supported you through 3 seasons of .500 football (and would have continued to do so had you not demanded a trade)

Hmmm.... but I guess its ok to continue to call him baby, whiner, crier... and whatevers. You act like this just came out of the blue :lol:

He just gave praise to his new fans......

girler
08-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Hmmm.... but I guess its ok to continue to call him baby, whiner, crier... and whatevers. You act like this just came out of the blue :lol:

I think he just wanted to give a veiled reference to 69, dude.

Ravage!!!
08-11-2009, 06:13 PM

:lol: Thats a good point!!! :beer:

T.K.O.
08-11-2009, 06:15 PM

not really ,you can "praise new fans" without bashing your old ones....right?
he could have said the fans in denver are great but i have never seen fans like the ones in chicago or something along those lines
that would have been the mature and diplomatic thing to say....oops i forgot to consider the source;)

Ravage!!!
08-11-2009, 06:17 PM
not really ,you can "praise new fans" without bashing your old ones....right?
he could have said the fans in denver are great but i have never seen fans like the ones in chicago or something along those lines
that would have been the mature and diplomatic thing to say....oops i forgot to consider the source;)

I guess all the comments and insults thrown at him were all 'phrased' diplomatically by the Denver fans though, right??? :rolleyes:

T.K.O.
08-11-2009, 06:22 PM
I guess all the comments and insults thrown at him were all 'phrased' diplomatically by the Denver fans though, right??? :rolleyes:

we dont get paid millions to represent the nfl and i highly doubt jay read any posts on messege boards,so......

Ravage!!!
08-11-2009, 06:30 PM
we dont get paid millions to represent the nfl and i highly doubt jay read any posts on messege boards,so......

I don't think the comments were just on the message board, do you?

Point being is simple. We love it that we can call a player names, scream, cry, complain and bitch on everything a players says or does. We want to call him baby, whiner, stupid nick-names and CLAP our hands that he's gone. We want to call into the radio talk shows, tv shows, and write in the papers how we never liked his attitude and feel he's nothing than an immature jerk. Yet the moment he turns and says we are lesser fans than someone else... :lol: we want to cry, complain, bitch, moan, and gripe because he had the nerve to say something about us!! The hypocrisy is absolutely hilarious!

Then we have the nerve to say "he could have said that more diplomatically!!!" :lol:

ursamajor
08-11-2009, 07:04 PM

o girler, u so crazy! :whip:

girler
08-11-2009, 07:17 PM
o girler, u so crazy! :whip:

:croc:

Lonestar
08-11-2009, 10:26 PM
until this moron whined his way out of DEN I suspect he had not heard much but love sonnets from fans in DEN..

not sure what he expected from his "fans" after acting like a 13 year old drama queen..

we were not the reason he left town he was..

Elevation inc
08-12-2009, 01:20 AM

i care about the number of cutler topics (when he is no longer a bronco), flooding a good message board....hence the post

Elevation inc
08-12-2009, 01:23 AM

the cutler bashing started shortly after the san fran game in 2006 from many bronco fans and has gradually increased, its really no suprise to me he isnt fond of the fans.....