PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' J.D. Walton to IR; Joe Mays back on active roster

Denver Native (Carol)
10-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Broncos center J.D. Walton suffered not only a fractured left ankle but a dislocation and was placed on season-ending injured reserve Monday.

It's similar to the left ankle injury Broncos right guard Chris Kuper suffered on Jan. 1, 2011. Kuper didn't return until the first week of August so it's a seven-month injury.

Walton's roster spot was filled middle linebacker Joe Mays, who returns from the one-game suspension he received for his blast to the helmet of Houston quarterback Matt Schaub on Sept. 23.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_21673348/broncos-j-d-walton-ir-joe-mays-back

chaoticmayhem
10-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Anyone else not worried with Koppen at center? What a lucky signing that was under the circumstances.

Simple Jaded
10-02-2012, 12:43 AM
So the Broncos get a roster exemption this week for Virgil Green?.......

NightTerror218
10-02-2012, 11:42 AM
So the Broncos get a roster exemption this week for Virgil Green?.......

i believe just during the week up until the game. That was how I understood it.

weazel
10-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Joe Mays active...

THE HORROR
http://imrud.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/the-horror.jpg

Chillez
10-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Anyone else not worried with Koppen at center? What a lucky signing that was under the circumstances.

I think Koppen played pretty well. I see him as upgrade over Walton.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-02-2012, 09:59 PM
I just hope they leave Brooking in as the starter. He's much better against the run than Mays and doesn't constantly overrun the play. I think he was in on just about every tackle of McFadden on Sunday. He may not be overly fast or athletic anymore, but he more than makes up for it with smarts and experience. I'd much rather have him out there QB'ing the defense vs Brady this week than "Mr Overrun" Joe Mays...

Simple Jaded
10-02-2012, 11:11 PM
I just hope they leave Brooking in as the starter. He's much better against the run than Mays and doesn't constantly overrun the play. I think he was in on just about every tackle of McFadden on Sunday. He may not be overly fast or athletic anymore, but he more than makes up for it with smarts and experience. I'd much rather have him out there QB'ing the defense vs Brady this week than "Mr Overrun" Joe Mays...

I doubt Brooking would struggle to match Mays in a foot race.......

gregbroncs
10-03-2012, 03:30 PM
I am hoping Mays is not playing. Brooking looked much better than Mays has ever looked.

Chillez
10-03-2012, 04:27 PM
I am hoping Mays is not playing. Brooking looked much better than Mays has ever looked.

I agree Brooking brings leadership and experience. Something Mays does not...