PDA

View Full Version : "John Elway...he could have set records"

scott.475
09-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Phil Simms is such in idiot. "John Elway, if he was playing in today's offenses, he could have set records"

I had to run it back twice to make sure he actually said that. Wow, he's a real Norman Einstein.

cmc0605
09-30-2012, 06:05 PM
I think he was trying to say that with all the offense-favored rules, he could have been even better than he already was. Not very articulate of course, but it always has to be kept in mind that it's a different game when comparing modern QBs. vs the "older" ones

Poet
09-30-2012, 06:12 PM
It was a compliment to Elway said in a way that was not smooth or well-delivered.

Simple Jaded
09-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Yeah! **** you Phil for that very nice compliment to John Elway.

What am l missing?.......

BigDaddyBronco
09-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Uh, Jaded, he did set records.

Simple Jaded
09-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Uh, Jaded, he did set records.

Understood, I just don't get what is so stupid about what Simms said.......

DenBronx
09-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Elway already did set records but in fairness I think Simms meant Elway would have put up even more and bigger records. I think you guys are putting more into what he actually said as Simms was just praising Elways talents.

Man it was good to see Elway on the sideline with Manning though. Looks like they are really feeding off of each other.

sneakers
10-01-2012, 07:07 AM
I don't get it.

Nomad
10-01-2012, 07:09 AM
I don't get it.

Phil Simms is the anti-BRONCO:lol: regardless of his compliments.

TXBRONC
10-01-2012, 08:47 AM
I think he was trying to say that with all the offense-favored rules, he could have been even better than he already was. Not very articulate of course, but it always has to be kept in mind that it's a different game when comparing modern QBs. vs the "older" ones

This is exatcly the way I took it. It wasn't a criticism Simms was just trying to say Elway would have been even better.

vandammage13
10-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Phil Simms is such in idiot. "John Elway, if he was playing in today's offenses, he could have set records"

I had to run it back twice to make sure he actually said that. Wow, he's a real Norman Einstein.

When it comes to passing records, Elway doesn't have too many outside of Franchise records.

He set the wins and comebacks records (I think Favre eclipsed the wins record since), but none related to passing numbers...

But as far as passing records, yeah, Simms is right...don't see what the problem is here.

In today's NFL, Elway would set records...that's all Simms was saying.

...And just because Elway doesn't hold too many passing records doesn't take away the fact he is one of the best to ever lace 'em up...Marino held all the passing records, but I would bet he would be willing to trade careers with Elway faster than you can say Horse Teeth.

rationalfan
10-01-2012, 09:47 AM
come on, really? you're ripping on simms for stating something that SO MANY broncos fans have discussed for decades? for the realization that if elway didn't have to play in reeves' run-first, ball control offense for much of his career that he'd have the stats marino did?

you still mad at simms for torching for the broncos in that super bowl, or what?

weazel
10-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Simms knows he was just a little better than average QB and was giving props to one of the greatest.
I think some people just hate Simms because he picked apart our team in the superbowl years ago.

DenBronx
10-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Simms knows he was just a little better than average QB and was giving props to one of the greatest.
I think some people just hate Simms because he picked apart our team in the superbowl years ago.

But they don't say anything about Montana and Montana hung 49 on us.

Guess it's easier to blast Simms because he's no where near as good as Elway or Montana.

hotcarl
10-01-2012, 12:53 PM
phlil simms sucks!

rationalfan
10-01-2012, 01:30 PM
But they don't say anything about Montana and Montana hung 49 on us.

Guess it's easier to blast Simms because he's no where near as good as Elway or Montana.

or because he's the voice people hear during the games.

weazel
10-01-2012, 01:33 PM
or because he's the voice people hear during the games.

exactly... Simms has been on a lot of our games the last couple years.

GEM
10-01-2012, 03:23 PM
I freaking hate Phil Simms.

Jsteve01
10-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Finding any reason at all to be offended bears a strong resemblance to what I experienced with Philly fans while I Was there. Sheesh what's the problem. Good stuff happens so now we have to manufacture reasons to be pissed?

rationalfan
10-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Finding any reason at all to be offended bears a strong resemblance to what I experienced with Philly fans while I Was there. Sheesh what's the problem. Good stuff happens so now we have to manufacture reasons to be pissed?

This guy gets it.