PDA

View Full Version : Parker Placed on IR

Denver Native (Carol)
08-08-2009, 01:05 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/parker-placed-on-ir/

Defensive lineman J’Vonne Parker has been placed on injured reserve. The move makes room for Knowshon Moreno to officially sign with the team today and join the active roster.

Entering his fifth season in the NFL, Parker has appeared in 11 games during his professional career, seeing time on the rosters of Carolina, Atlanta, Baltimore, Dallas and Cleveland.

broncofaninfla
08-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Cleveland released 6'2" 335 NT/DE Shawn Smith, we need to make a run at this guy now.

BroncoWave
08-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Cleveland released 6'2" 335 NT/DE Shawn Smith, we need to make a run at this guy now.

Another Brownco?

If he was worth making a run at I doubt Cleveland would have released him a week into camp.

broncofaninfla
08-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Another Brownco?

If he was worth making a run at I doubt Cleveland would have released him a week into camp.

Do your homework, the guy is a solid lineman and is better than most of the guys we currently have. Sorry McBean isn't the answer....

broncofaninfla
08-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Seriously, Smith is a solid DL and would give good depth and experience. Hoenstly I feel he is better than Fields. Smith and Mangini butted heads, that was undoing in Cleveland. On the field, the guy is solid.

rationalfan
08-08-2009, 02:04 PM
for all those people who think brandon marshall is a headache, signing smith might not be what you're craving (even if you're craving a Dlineman with talent).

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2008/12/did-shaun-smith-punch-brady-quinn-rumors-fly-in-cleveland/

Also, check out PFT for a report about getting cut by the Saints after he ate food from the Falcons press room - before a game.

Dean
08-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Smith was a starter at DE for the Browns last year.

Browns waive Shaun Smith
Zac Jackson, Staff Writer
The Browns have waived defensive lineman Shaun Smith.

Browns Head Coach Eric Mangini said the team made the move to create a roster spot it plans to fill soon.

"I think Shaun did a good job while he was here," Mangini said.

Smith signed with the Browns as a restricted free agent in 2007. A former undrafted free agent, he broke into the league with the Cowboys before spending time with the Saints and then seeing his first significant action with the Bengals. He played in Cincinnati from late 2004 through 2006 before signing with the Browns.

He played in 15 games and started 10 for the Browns in 2007, then started nine of 11 last year and finished with 47 tackles. He had career highs of 63 tackles and 2 sacks in '07.

broncofaninfla
08-08-2009, 02:17 PM
He has some character concerns but he might be wortha look. The guy is a solid DL. Plays DE and NT, expereinced in the 3/4

rcsodak
08-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Another Brownco?

Mangini cut him mostly as a precursor to the rest of the team, it sounds like.

He's the one that popped Brady in the mouth last year, in the locker room.

SoCalImport
08-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Not the kind of personality the new look Broncos are likely to give much thought.

BroncoWave
08-08-2009, 04:43 PM
He's the one that popped Brady in the mouth last year, in the locker room.

Oh yeah, that's the kind of guy we need on this team! :rolleyes:

rcsodak
08-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Of course, if the rumor is true and Shaun Smith did punch Brady Quinn, I am sure that Quinn and many others in the organization would like to put Shaun Smith in their rearview as quickly as possible. That would not necessarily mean that anyone in the organization would want the issue to be public, however. Something tells me that after the shoddy play and effort of Shaun Smith this season, they already have enough ammo to simply deal with this in-house and still get him out of town anyway.

Radames Santiago Jr., who wrote the Cleveland Sports Examiner post on this issue states the obvious when he says the if the rumor is true, Shaun Smith should receive the first ticket out of Cleveland once the season is over. A pretty valid argument could be made, just based on the play of Shaun Smith, that he should be jettisoned from Cleveland regardless of the rumor or not.

D1g1tal j1m
08-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Maybe we can sign him so that he can knock some sense into Marshall (not that I condone that kind of behavior)...

WARHORSE
08-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Parker injured?

Didnt hear about it. Sounds to me like the Broncos want to let this guy get stronger yet protect him on IR.

Nice move.

Dean
08-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Parker injured?

Didnt hear about it. Sounds to me like the Broncos want to let this guy get stronger yet protect him on IR.

Nice move.

He was a rookie in 2005. I am not sure how much stronger he is going to get.

Lonestar
08-09-2009, 07:07 PM
really sad but he makes room for moreno