PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' new corner the real deal

Denver Native (Carol)
08-08-2009, 08:43 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13019531

What Broncos fans saw Thursday night from cornerback Andre Goodman at Invesco Field was not a fluke, coach Josh McDaniels said Friday.

Goodman made two interceptions off quarterback Kyle Orton and returned one of them for a touchdown.

"He's physical, he's got good ball skills and that showed up last night," McDaniels said. "He's very instinctive."

Goodman signed with the Broncos as a free agent in early March after three seasons with the Dolphins to replace Dre Bly at the right cornerback spot opposite Champ Bailey on the left. Goodman had five interceptions and 59 pass breakups last season.

Goodman said he knew when he signed with the Broncos he would be challenged by opposing offenses that shy from throwing anywhere near Bailey.

"Champ is what Champ is, and I think everyone in the league knows that, if you take a survey," he said. "There's going to be a lot of balls that come my way, maybe 95 percent of them."

That includes in practice against the Broncos' offense, especially with the right-handed Orton throwing frequently to his left, Goodman said.

Goodman said he got positive feedback from his coaches and teammates after his play in the scrimmage, but he won't let himself get too excited about anything that happens during camp.

"You can hang on that for 20 minutes after practice and then let it go," Goodman said.

silkamilkamonico
08-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Tease!

I thought this would be about Alphonso Smith, but this is definetely very encouraging to hear too.

Lonestar
08-09-2009, 07:19 PM
did anyone really get to see this guy in the sessions so far?