PDA

View Full Version : Taste of Colorado

GEM
09-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Did anyone else head downtown this evening? Pretty good time, a bit expensive though.I did try fried alligator though. Woooohoooo.....tasted like chicken nuggets.....everything tastes like chicken. :laugh:

BigBroncLove
09-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Awww, I loved the Taste Of Colorado. They had these greek marinated steak cabobs there that I always loved. That and there was usually a message booth, and you could get a good message for 20 bucks as a promo thing. It sucks not being in CO :(

GEM
09-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Awww, I loved the Taste Of Colorado. They had these greek marinated steak cabobs there that I always loved. That and there was usually a message booth, and you could get a good message for 20 bucks as a promo thing. It sucks not being in CO :(

Those were there,though I didn't have that. Always have to get the turkey leg. And this year they had a booth that was created by the devil himself....a dessert booth!! They had frozen cheesecake dipped in chocolate on a stick! :eek: I stayed away from that, but instead had the chocolate covered strawberries on a kabob....YUM!!

Overall, it was a lot of fun!:D

Watchthemiddle
09-01-2007, 02:19 AM
I have never been there but would love to go sometime. You mention Alligator...its just about the best tasting meat that I have ever eaten. Who had it?

I get it a lot at Papadeaux's or a place call Bayou Bobs downtown. Love the stuff.

GEM
09-01-2007, 02:24 AM
I have never been there but would love to go sometime. You mention Alligator...its just about the best tasting meat that I have ever eaten. Who had it?

I get it a lot at Papadeaux's or a place call Bayou Bobs downtown. Love the stuff.

It was Bayou Bob's. I was looking to see if they still had the rattlesnake....but nope:( The alligator meat was a bit overcooked,so it didn't have a whole lot of flavor.....darn it!

Watchthemiddle
09-01-2007, 02:28 AM
It was Bayou Bob's. I was looking to see if they still had the rattlesnake....but nope:( The alligator meat was a bit overcooked,so it didn't have a whole lot of flavor.....darn it!

Thats too bad. Its a tougher meat then most, but if cooked correctly, I think its outstanding.

I have never had rattlesnake. It sounds interesting.

GEM
09-01-2007, 02:34 AM
Me neither and the only place I have ever seen it offered was the Taste. I was looking forward to trying it. :(

BigBroncLove
09-01-2007, 03:03 AM
Those were there,though I didn't have that. Always have to get the turkey leg. And this year they had a booth that was created by the devil himself....a dessert booth!! They had frozen cheesecake dipped in chocolate on a stick! :eek: I stayed away from that, but instead had the chocolate covered strawberries on a kabob....YUM!!

Overall, it was a lot of fun!:D

chocolate covered strawberries on a kabob. That sounds delishhhhhhh :hungry:

Come to think of it so does the frozen cheescake. Damnit, I am really hungry for something sweet now. A miss big fairs like that, except you always run into someone you don't feel like seeing.

GEM
09-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Luckily, I didn't run into anyone. My daughters got one of those air brush tattoos, and I had some schmuck come up and offer me a $20 tat.....had to pass on that one.....he wanted me to go to his house to get it.....FREAK!! :laugh:

BigBroncLove
09-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Luckily, I didn't run into anyone. My daughters got one of those air brush tattoos, and I had some schmuck come up and offer me a $20 tat.....had to pass on that one.....he wanted me to go to his house to get it.....FREAK!! :laugh:

Yeah, that is a bit weird and freaky. Not like David Bowie in a dream freaky, but an uneasy freaky. Maybe I'm a bit jaded, but if someone invites me to go to their house to get a tattoo for $20 bucks, I generally think...... serial killer.:ahhhhh:

GEM
09-01-2007, 03:16 AM
Yeah, that is a bit weird and freaky. Not like David Bowie in a dream freaky, but an uneasy freaky. Maybe I'm a bit jaded, but if someone invites me to go to their house to get a tattoo for $20 bucks, I generally think...... serial killer.:ahhhhh:

That's what I was thinking.....it took me all of 30 seconds to scoop up my kiddos and hightail it near a police officer. Hung there until the guy was gone. Just a bit too weird for my liking.

BigBroncLove
09-01-2007, 03:25 AM
That's what I was thinking.....it took me all of 30 seconds to scoop up my kiddos and hightail it near a police officer. Hung there until the guy was gone. Just a bit too weird for my liking.

Always best to air on the side of caution IMO. That is unless you're a trained ninja :ninja: :wink:

Oh, and I found some assorted chocolates to help suppress but not satisfy my sweet tooth. Strawberries do still sound so good.

Reidman
09-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Did they have Rocky Mtn Oysters..??? Heard those taste like chicken too....:faint2: