PDA

View Full Version : Knowshown no longer a Knowshow. Per Schefter, Knowshon deal done

Italianmobstr7
08-07-2009, 06:44 PM
From Adam Schefter on Twitter:

"RB Knowshon Moreno's deal with Denver, finally is done. Just the news Broncos fans have wanted. So now, Knowshon will no longer be a Knowshow."

http://twitter.com/adam_schefter

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13017408

The Broncos have reached an agreement on a five-year contract with Knowshon Moreno, according to two NFL sources. The deal ends the rookie tailback's 8-day holdout from training camp.

The No. 12 overall selection and first running back taken in the 2009 draft, Moreno is expected to participate in the team's first training camp workout Sunday afternoon. The team is off Saturday.

Moreno, 22, entered the draft after his sophomore season. He rushed for 2,734 yards on 5.6 yards per carry in his first two college seasons, and added another 645 yards receiving on 53 catches.

It's unclear whether the Broncos will deem Moreno ready to play in their first preseason game Friday at San Francisco, but eventually he is expected to be part of a tailback rotation that also includes veterans Correll Buckhalter and LaMont Jordan.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com.

atwater27
08-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Finally. Now let's see if he is the next Marshall Faulk or the next Quentin Griffin.

Italianmobstr7
08-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Finally. Now let's see if he is the next Marshall Faulk or the next Quentin Griffin.

Hopefully he's better than Faulk... Hopefully he's the next TD or something!

BroncoWave
08-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Thank God I don't have to see that retarded play on words "Knowshow" anymore. Gotta love our fans!

underrated29
08-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Do not ever compare him to quentin griffin. Knowshon is more like gore and LT than anything. he will be a pimp i guarantee it!

Overtime
08-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Thank God I don't have to see that retarded play on words "Knowshow" anymore. Gotta love our fans!

I wouldn't bet on that. the first time he fails to crack 100 yards, that'll be the first thing I post.

what a waste of a ton of good money that could of been spent elsewhere on better players, and a waste of a good draft pick. :tsk:

atwater27
08-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Hopefully he's better than Faulk... Hopefully he's the next TD or something!

I can't think of more than 5 runners in NFL history better than Faulk. If MOreono is a third the back that Faulk was, he will be awesome.

BroncoWave
08-07-2009, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't bet on that. the first time he fails to crack 100 yards, that'll be the first thing I post.

what a waste of a ton of good money that could of been spent elsewhere on better plays, and a waste of a good draft pick. :tsk:

You were probably one of those people booing Orton at the practice yesterday. To call a draft pick "wasted" before said player has ever played a game is just utterly ridiculous. I guess we should just hire you as GM.

You realize that based on your unrealistic demands of how he should preform to justify the pick he would have to rush for 1600 yards? Are you that delusional that you don't realize how ridiculous that sounds?

It wouldn't shock me if you want Moreno to suck so that you can come on here and tell everyone "I told you so".

underrated29
08-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey AT- just re read my post. It sounded kinda dyck-ish. I didnt mean it to come out that way......fyi.

Italianmobstr7
08-07-2009, 07:11 PM
I can't think of more than 5 runners in NFL history better than Faulk. If MOreono is a third the back that Faulk was, he will be awesome.

Payton
Riggins
TD
Sayers
Sanders
Emmitt Smith
Tomlinson
Jim Brown
When it's all said and done, Clinton Portis, Adrian Peterson and hopefully Knowshon will be better too. Faulk was great, but there are better that have played.

EMB6903
08-07-2009, 07:15 PM
I dont think Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, or Gale Sayers were as good as Marshall Faulk.

Faulk could do anything on the football field, probably the most versatile back in NFL history.

Barry Sanders was a great back between the 20's and Emmitt Smith benifited from an amazing Offensive line his entire career.

Sayers? I dont even think thats a legit argument. I'd argue Terrell Davis is better then Sayers.

Clinton Portis? come on now, thats just funny

I see the top 5 as.... 1. Jim Brown 2.LT 3.Walter Payton 4.Marshall Faulk 5.Emmitt Smith

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2009, 07:19 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9206

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos have agreed to terms with their top pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, running back Knowshon Moreno.

Moreno, the 12th overall selection in April's draft, sports a collegiate track record that includes 2,734 rushing yards and 30 rushing touchdowns in two seasons at the University of Georgia. He also made his mark on the Southeastern Conference record book, averaging 105.15 rushing yards per game -- good for seventh in league history.

"I'm a high-motor guy -- tough, hard-nosed, a hard runner, can make you miss at times, and just competitive," Moreno said. "I love to play the game and I bring that energy to my team."

Moreno brings that energy out of the backfield as well, pulling down 53 passes for 645 yards and two scores with the Bulldogs. And in the eyes of Head Coach Josh McDaniels, Moreno has a final intangible that's crucial for success at the pro level.

"One of the things that nobody will talk too much about is his pass protection," McDaniels said. "For a college back, that is something that doesn't get a lot of recognition. This guy stands in there and he can put his face right in their numbers and he'll keep them off the QB. So certainly on third down as the player grows in our system and he becomes more comfortable with what we are doing, I think he could definitely give us that versatility."

atwater27
08-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Payton
Riggins
TD
Sayers
Sanders
Emmitt Smith
Tomlinson
Jim Brown
When it's all said and done, Clinton Portis, Adrian Peterson and hopefully Knowshon will be better too. Faulk was great, but there are better that have played.

Riggins? No.
TD? Who am I to argue that. But Terrell was not as good receiving out of the backfield.
Sayers no.
Sanders is better.
Smith? No.
Tomlinson? His equal. With less championships.
Jim Brown? Probably better than Marshall.

Clinton Portis? No.
A.P. Again, receiving ability must be considered. I am tlaking complete back here.

Marshall is 4th all time in yards from scrimmage, 6th all time in TD's, 24th all time in receptions (remember, a running back), he is one of only 2 backs to rush for 1000 catch for 1000 in a single season. Not to mention another 1100 yds and 8 TD's in the playoffs. And if he wasn't stuck with the shitty Colts for half of his career, his numbers would have been even more amazing.

In his prime, Marshall Faulk was the greatest offensive weapon I have ever seen. There has never been a player so amazingly good at running the ball, catching the ball, and scoring touchdowns at will.

There may be players that ran for more yards, but as a total weapon, you really can't name a better back.

horsepig
08-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Great news. Just glad he's back on the program and we'll see in a few weeks just what he's got.

D1g1tal j1m
08-07-2009, 11:28 PM
He won't be ready for the 1st preseason game (I have a hunch that McD will sit him for that game) and he will carry the load in the 2nd and 3rd preseason game.

slim
08-08-2009, 12:03 AM

what a waste of a ton of good money that could of been spent elsewhere on better players, and a waste of a good draft pick. :tsk:

Good point.

True fans always root for their team to fail.

Elevation inc
08-08-2009, 02:40 AM

yeah orakpo stunning player there:coffee:....we could have had orakpo and ayers and then kept tatum bell, andre hall and selvin young and been set right???? give it a rest.....

TXBRONC
08-08-2009, 02:51 PM

Your opinion and yours alone. It's not a waste of good money in my opinion at this point and time and unlike you I don't make rash judgements without context. :coffee: