PDA

View Full Version : misplaced fan

Pudge
09-24-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm sick of missing all the broncos coverage living in North Dakota. Last Sunday on espn radio I missed the majority I the first half for Vikings post game coverage, I got to listen to the last five of the second quarter. Then I got to listen to the texans three and out before the moved coverage to the Minnesota twins pregame coverage. So I'm debating on either buying on getting satellite with nfl ticket or nfl rewind. Anyone have any complaints or things that they love over the other?

Thanks in advance, and yeah that was all one paragraph...

Broncos Mtnman
09-24-2012, 10:20 PM
DirecTV and NFL Ticket. I have it and it's great.

As a new account, you get Ticket for free. Let me refer you and you can also save $10 a month for 10 months on the rest of the package.

Pudge
09-24-2012, 10:22 PM
Do I have to sign a lengthy contract?

Broncos Mtnman
09-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Do I have to sign a lengthy contract?

You have to commit to two years.

missingnumber7
09-24-2012, 11:22 PM
I'm sick of missing all the broncos coverage living in North Dakota. Last Sunday on espn radio I missed the majority I the first half for Vikings post game coverage, I got to listen to the last five of the second quarter. Then I got to listen to the texans three and out before the moved coverage to the Minnesota twins pregame coverage. So I'm debanting on either buying on getting satellite with nfl ticket or nfl rewind. Anyone have any complaints or things that they love over the other?

Thanks in advance, and yeah that was all one paragraph...Beware if you are in western ND you wont get fox but sunday ticket will carry all fox games then. 850 carries the games online too.

Dirk
09-25-2012, 07:14 AM
One thing to remember about Sunday Ticket. I have it living in Missouri.

When the Broncos are supposed to be on local TV it will be blocked out on Ticket.

When the Chiefs game went into overtime CBS kept the game on the Chiefs. Then they went to the Jets/MIA game in overtime. I missed the first quarter because Ticket blocks it.

Other than small annoyances like that, I get Sunday Ticket every year because I MUST watch the Broncos games.

Northman
09-25-2012, 07:16 AM
NFL Redzone. Best thing ever. No commericals and you get to catch every score.

ATLbroNCO
09-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Sunday ticket is a god-send, when you work it out, it only costs about ~15$ per game with new price. I can even get it on my Iphone or laptop, which is awesome so I can watch the game anywhere, with any big screen that has an HDMI input.

rationalfan
09-25-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm sick of missing all the broncos coverage living in North Dakota. Last Sunday on espn radio I missed the majority I the first half for Vikings post game coverage, I got to listen to the last five of the second quarter. Then I got to listen to the texans three and out before the moved coverage to the Minnesota twins pregame coverage. So I'm debating on either buying on getting satellite with nfl ticket or nfl rewind. Anyone have any complaints or things that they love over the other?

Thanks in advance, and yeah that was all one paragraph...

where are you at in ND? that's going to make all the difference.

for TV: if you live in western ND, you should get almost every game the broncos play (at least, the ones CBS carries). they're, kind of, considered the home team (at least, the AFC "home" team; at least, it was that way some years ago).

for Radio: there's an AM radio station out of bismarck that carries the broncos games (i forget the dial location, but i think it's 550 am); the only time they get pre-empted is when it coincides with a packers game. there's also a station out of aberdeen, SD, that carries all the games. it's in the 700 or 900 range of the dial, can't quite remember. you should be able to get that station if you live in the southern central part of the state.

if you're in eastern ND, you're kind of screwed either way; though, you can sometimes get the bismarck radio feed.

and, if you have high speed internet, direct message the game day thread on here asking for a link to a live stream and somebody can usually DM you a link. that's worked for me in the past.

and, yes, i've spent a lot of time in the dakotas.

Mike
09-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Stream it if you can't afford DTV. Not high-def, but it works.

BroncoNut
09-25-2012, 10:23 AM
I have dtv with the NFL package and I am able to enjoy all of the games. I also get my Iowa Hawkeye football out here in Maryland. Thank you DTV for making my life worth living

ShooterJM
09-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Do you have high speed internet (not sat based)? You could just stream the game and watch it on the computer. Or hook your computer to a TV and stream it onto your TV.

Nomad
09-25-2012, 10:37 AM
where are you at in ND? that's going to make all the difference.

for TV: if you live in western ND, you should get almost every game the broncos play (at least, the ones CBS carries). they're, kind of, considered the home team (at least, the AFC "home" team; at least, it was that way some years ago).

for Radio: there's an AM radio station out of bismarck that carries the broncos games (i forget the dial location, but i think it's 550 am); the only time they get pre-empted is when it coincides with a packers game. there's also a station out of aberdeen, SD, that carries all the games. it's in the 700 or 900 range of the dial, can't quite remember. you should be able to get that station if you live in the southern central part of the state.

if you're in eastern ND, you're kind of screwed either way; though, you can sometimes get the bismarck radio feed.

and, if you have high speed internet, direct message the game day thread on here asking for a link to a live stream and somebody can usually DM you a link. that's worked for me in the past.

and, yes, i've spent a lot of time in the dakotas.

Lived in Minot almost 5 1/2 yrs and I agree. I had the Sunday Ticket since '99 living in SLC, moved to Bossier City(had the ticket), then to Minot and in Aug 08 then we bought a house with trees in the way and no more ST. As rational said, I got the majority of the games and when not on tv, I'd stream the games. Try the streaming first, I can send you a link.

Up here, I went to get DTV but it a headache with the HOA because the dish is massive plus location of where it had to go on the roof. So I said eff it. Then my wife had to have a MAC computer and the stream I use won't download on a MAC because it has something to do with PC compatibility. :tsk: PITA being a fan living out of the viewing sometimes. Good Luck

Dzone
09-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Ya, I stream anything that isnt on TV. Its pretty damn clear. I dont miss any games

Pudge
09-26-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm in Dickinson, so I get the majority of games through consolidated but I just want to be able to get more games, an as for AM stations in my loader at work I can only get 710 AM. Maybe I'll try steaming it this Sunday an see what I think. Thanks for your guys input

BeefStew25
09-26-2012, 11:23 PM
I am in Spearfish and I catch the games on radio. 1230. A freaking blowtorch.

Pudge
09-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Beef just addressed me! (sort of) I feel like I just met Tim Tebow

Ravage!!!
09-28-2012, 10:20 AM
where do you guys stream from?